General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

is there ANY work out there?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 AM
Aaroncast
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

electrician ----working with no papers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no qualifications!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in peoples homes!!!--------------------its illegal-
no sympathy from me <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 AM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaroncast
Does all your posts involve speaking utter shite
Old 08-01-2009, 09:59 AM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

My boyfriend rang for a kitchen/bathroom fitter's job this morning that had been on the job centre website since yesterday afternoon..... the woman had had four applications yesterday.... and another 200 this morning.....
Old 08-01-2009, 10:00 AM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Not illegal if you are having your work checked by someone with papers and qualifications though....lol
Old 08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XRdodgybird
Not illegal if you are having your work checked by someone with papers and qualifications though....lol
then why aint the qualified electricians complaining there taking THERE jobs aswell ???

i dont get people who moan about others taking "there jobs",,, if someone quotes cheeper to fix your car OR sell you food you buy from them,,,,, YET you expect to be paied higher than others who will work for cheeper,,,,, and THEN complain your out of work ??

sorry i REALLY dont get that

OH and then theres the willing to travel all the way to london for work,,,,, so what to the qualified london electricians do ???

traveling for work is EXACTLY what the polish are doing,, they work for less as they manage to lower there out goings, they aint working for free might i add, also ENGLISH WORKERS do cash in hand,,,, unless you have yet to see a building who dont,,,, but the missus old man renovates houses and he seems to know the score

if you aint got any bills cause your living at home with mum,, GO TO COLLEGE and work at a lesser rate,,, ok short term you wont be able to buy 10 games for your PS3 or own a fast car,,,,, BUT at the end of it you WILL earn good money,,,,,, you WONT be ignored and i fucking DOUBT you do a better job than a qualified electrician whos got 15 years experience and hes papers..... other wise you would have the papers already

YOU are working cheeper,, your fucking your self over,,, cant you see that !!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

btw there IS work out there,,,, just need want to work and some may be lesser than what your used to,,, but thats life in a recession
Old 08-01-2009, 12:28 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

well my point being ginge that no not always do you go for the cheaper option it can be bad practice and also cost more in the long run, i mean would you take your car to the cheapest garage or rather one that has been recommended to you, i no my opinion on that one you usually pay for wot you get

and yes they managed to lower there income and i'm not having a go at every foreigner but alot of them managed to live in such a way it's nearly in humain, and alot of people out here that have kid's and a mortgage can't afford to work for them prices

and yes i want to go down the college route but with no cash at the moment how am i supposed to support myself and some of us aren't as lucky as other and can't just depend on living off my mom, at the moment it's just a roof over my head that wont last forever if i don't find work, and yes she will kick me out, it's unfair to go off the assumption that she can afford to keep me whilst i'm out of work

and well your obviously not in the trade yourself then because for starters just because you've got papers doesn't mean your a better electrician i'v seen people fresh out of college and to be honest it's shocking they gain there talent from on site experience, and i'v always said this that just because you've been doing something for a long time doesn't mean your good at it, you could just of well been doing it incorrectly, and if your trying to quote me then get it right because i said better than alot of electricians out there i'm perfectly aware there is people better at my job than me, just alot of the younger generation only do it as a well paid job, where i do it for the enjoyment as well as the money, and i'm not biging myself up, i'v have been told this on numerous occasions from other electrician's

Aaroncast yea it is illegal and thats why i get my work looked at by a qualified friend of mine who has his JIB and 2391 and his just going through his 17th edition so it's fully legal
Old 08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Dont talk like a cunt man!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
btw there IS work out there,,,, just need want to work and some may be lesser than what your used to,,, but thats life in a recession

As fas as the building trade is concerned Ginge, you are WRONG! Theres fuck all out there in reality!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:24 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

from been a sparky since school the ones with no papers and on site experience are alot better then some of the plebs that have just come from college and dont know how to work a hammer,

workwise very quiet at the moment ive gone for a change and got my final interview with the YEDL on monday for a trainee postion to become a overhead linesman, so fingers crossed people
Old 08-01-2009, 01:26 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
As fas as the building trade is concerned Ginge, you are WRONG! Theres fuck all out there in reality!

^^^^ same with electrical firm around here all going the same way, and my dad's a builder hes never been short of work for the last 7 years and at the moment hes only got 3 weeks infront of him, he did get a big house extension but the neighbours refused the scaffolding so there just trying to come to some agreement then hopefully thats another 5 months work for him,
Old 08-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
Took me months to find a job, and thats only a 3 month part time contract! Runs out next month....

I should hopefully be starting another job on the 19th Jan though
Were you not in the RAF? Do you ever regret leaving? As obviously that would have at least been secure employment.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry mate but living at home with mum,HOW MUCH is it really cost to live at home with your parents ???

btw i come from a poor background,,infact im still a poor person who lives ok by spending within my means

you can earn 10k a year training, then 15k for the second year then come out and have a 30k a year job

OR you can work for 20k a year, be richer than all your mate but never earn more than that due to not having papers

btw i NEVER went to college, i couldnt afford to as my parents HONESTLY had no money so for me to have a life i had to work or go college with 10quid a week pocket money so you aint talking to someone who was looked after whilst he was akid

lee the building game aint quiet all over,its slowed down ill admit BUT prices will make work come in

would you rather be at home for 3 months or work for less to get the work in

oh and ive had a "english" plumber round about 18months ago, he chargedme 250 quid for a job HE NEVER DONE RIGHT !!! and he robbed me of a rolex ring, 1300 quid gold braclet and other jewelry,,, SO glad i chose a fellow english man

i got a polish cleaner who comes round every few weeks, cleans the kitchen, cleans the bathroom and front room,works for 6 quid a hour and DONT FUCKING STEAL FROM ME !!!

also got a polish plumber to sort my issue, who contacted the company who made my boiler and got the parts FOC to repair it,, and was 150 quid too !!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:19 PM
martinmilne
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

there is no work out there im a upcv fitter and roofer (fit fascias and soffits and windows and doors ) and there is no work been on the phone all day and got no where even tried other jobs and nothing not even stacking shelves in tescos i dont mind working hard and would do anything to make a living im not lazy and pisses me of that someone that really wants to work cant get any work
Old 08-01-2009, 04:24 PM
DazS1Turbo

My jobs sitting on the edge of a cliff and if i loose it im screwed, No IT jobs at all round here

I'll do anything to tide me over but from what im hearing the job centre is chock a block with people and very little in the way of jobs

Oh Joy
Old 08-01-2009, 04:33 PM
martinmilne

^^^^ the same i got
Old 08-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
There is NOT much work out there ginge especially unskilled work. You cant get less than minimum wage and thats all they pay in any low level jobs these days.

Theres easily 200 people applying per job in poorer areas so plainly wanting to work aint enough!!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:44 PM
joel_winders
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by jonty
hi mate give the company i work for a ring we got shit loads if work coming off we have a big job just starting in culcheth nr warrington
www.bam.co.uk
hope this helps
cheers for that I sent my CV in to them just before xmas and they sent me an email saying they were at the point of reviewing all aplications 3 days ago, hopefully i'll hear some good news from someone soon !
Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 PM
leecavturbo

Ginge your blind to it cus your actually working atm.
there are huge amounts of "decent" blokes "with papers" willing to work for "less" got start for them have ya?
thought not
Old 08-01-2009, 10:00 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

If the building profession isn't quite why are people like Connaughts, Meers and other big building firms/contractsors laying off?

Our friend across the road..... has no work and hasn't had since before Christmas
My next door neighbour finished work on 12 December and only goes back tomorrow..... because work has been very slow...
My boyfriend finished on 17 December and was told that at the earliest it would be end Jan/beginning Feb before they would need him back....

don't know about anyone else out there.... but in the space of a spit, that was three families affected over Christmas BECAUSE THE BUILDING TRADE IS SLOW.

My other half visited our local job centre the other day and they told him he wouldn't believe how many in the building trade had been through their doors in the past 6 weeks....
Old 08-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

please dont blame all your problems on imigration which is one of the few things keeping the economy affloat.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:08 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by XRdodgybird
If the building profession isn't quite why are people like Connaughts, Meers and other big building firms/contractsors laying off?

Our friend across the road..... has no work and hasn't had since before Christmas
My next door neighbour finished work on 12 December and only goes back tomorrow..... because work has been very slow...
My boyfriend finished on 17 December and was told that at the earliest it would be end Jan/beginning Feb before they would need him back....

don't know about anyone else out there.... but in the space of a spit, that was three families affected over Christmas BECAUSE THE BUILDING TRADE IS SLOW.

My other half visited our local job centre the other day and they told him he wouldn't believe how many in the building trade had been through their
doors in the past 6 weeks....
but them companys relay on the council work and have done for the last few years which is drying up now as it comes to an end
Old 09-01-2009, 12:05 AM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

There's still plenty of houses to go at.... trouble is they aint releasing the properties to start work on em. On the site that Keith's been working on.... its gone down from releasing eight a week to two.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:05 AM
burnzy
burnzy

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
please dont blame all your problems on imigration which is one of the few things keeping the economy affloat.
Where not blaming it all on imigration but the fact the country's door's are still open really isn't helping, if we haven't enough job's for the english people, then obviously not having an imigration ban for a while is not helping, i understand they do some of the job's we will not do, but at the moment i'm sure it's the same for alot of us we will take anything, but were beaten to it

and thanks for the support though people i thought i was on a loosing battle on this one

and yet again ginge your making the asumptoin we have money just because i didn't want to spell it out that were not exactly flush and amongst other thing's, how do you no there isn't other thing's i'd rather not declare on this site,

and as for the price of keeping me ,i'm 6'4" i'm not fat at all, but eat healthily so i'd say there's a good Ł50 quid a week before you take into account heating and electric and hot water, then my phone witch is on contract and my car insurance witch i need to get to work or college when i sort it out, so it probably cost's more than you seem to care to think, especailly with my mom living on her own and well i don't want to go into it but you wouldn't believe how hard she's had it, i'd say there is very few people that could match her storie even in a third world country

just because thing's are going ok for you doesn't mean it is for every one else, and you obviously haven't got it that hard if you was rolling around with a rolex ring and expensive jewerly, and you have a cleaner in every few week's lol, i'm not saying you haven't earned it, but some people have more luck than others, and it's NOT about how hard you try because i'v worked BLOODY hard all my working life, i'v just never been given the break i'v needed, and i sure wont have someone beat me down over it.

to be honest mate your comment's have really peeved me off, you should think outside the box sometimes, and maybe consider the fact that there's people out there that have it alot harder than you, and they will continue to do so

and well for your english plumber well that was just really bad luck and you could of had that happen with any race, and maybe should of found a plumber that came recommended first time round, and he obviously couldn't of to have over charged and not finnished his work off, like i'm quite sure i could find horror stories with polish workers, like a group of polish builders that built an extension using only slab's as a footing, now that is beyond dangerous
Old 09-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alan_D
Were you not in the RAF? Do you ever regret leaving? As obviously that would have at least been secure employment.

If only it was that simple LOL, My trade got killed off and in short, I was forced to leave, I did however apply for another trade, Fireman, but got declined. I put in for redundency, But funny enough my papers got 'lost'. I tried to get out earlier to get on a job, But they wouldn't let me. I then handed in my notice which was 12 months, and I only ended up doing 9 months of (but actually only worked about 6 months for personal reasons), leaving in March '08. About 150 painters got screwed over not being able to stay in to retrade or apply for the redundency. And what fucks me off most, is ones like me who had a fucking MINT job to go to, wouldn't be released early as they needed us. But half the time we was stood around, doing fuck all! My friend Dave being one, who has a wife/kid and they wouldn't let him go early?! Yet they always say they look after there men/women and that even when they leave the forces they still make sure things are going ok and personal well being etc? Bollocks.

I didn't want to leave, I loved my job! I worked with some complete cunts who I fell out with on numberous occasions, But don't we all, I was good at my job but it had to come to an end, as this goverment is fucking SHIT.

Now, they got fucking monkeys doing my job for peanuts, constantly fucking up the work, makes me wonder why they killed the Painters off, simple answer is cost.

Yes, I'm bitter.

And in answer to your question, No, not one bit do I regret leaving specially with how they treated people in my last 2 years. I do miss my mates though and the good times going out with them, or pissing about in the paint shop. But we keep in touch, so thats the main thing.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 AM
martinmilne

for the people saying there is work out there PROVE IT and find me a job cos ive spent last two days on the phone trying to find work also asked everyone i know and still nothing there just isint work there i would do anything to make a living at the moment

imigrtion isint the cause i agree but im sorry it aint helping
Old 09-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

We are quiet, January is always quiet for us in the Plumbing and Heating game, ive been busier on here giving advice then actualy working.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

thought you'd be busy on repairs steve
Old 09-01-2009, 11:05 AM
martinmilne

january always quiet for me too but never not had no work im fucked even been looking at delivering catolouges!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

I think the worst is yet to come
Old 09-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Steve the Plumber

Originally Posted by Tony S Mannock
thought you'd be busy on repairs steve

Its really quiet and boring here, and has been quiet all week.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

well it appears to me that boilers are more unreliable than an old cossie so you should be inundated
Old 09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Steve the Plumber

Originally Posted by Tony S Mannock
well it appears to me that boilers are more unreliable than an old cossie so you should be inundated
I must be charging toooooooooooooooooo much.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...roof-jobs.html
Old 09-01-2009, 11:53 AM
martinmilne

^^^but you try and get a job in these its ok if you alredy work in these sectors
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

there is work out there...you just need to make a concerted effort to look mate.

I have just posted 2 jobs in general discussion
Old 09-01-2009, 11:57 AM
jasonp

Unhappy

There is plenty of work out there if you want to put the hours in to finding it. Im looking to take a few more people on at the moment but we cover every field. Councils have got massive budgets to spend and they are spending it. We have half our years turn over in 2 jobs at the moment.

Also having a good reputation and a qualification help. I get people who turn down our apprentiship scheme becasue the money is shit. Nearly all the sites we now supply and fit work for want to see CITB training etc. So when people moan about minimun wages etc you have to look long term. Especially now as there is 2 new certifications needed to work on large sites. This will be needed by law soon but people dont want to pay the money to train and get cerified. Ive got site chippys asking for work but they arent qualified enough to work on the site now.

my advice is get into a scheme, yes it might be low money but the long term it works out better. Problem is everyone thinks they should be earning 30+k a year.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Originally Posted by jasonp
There is plenty of work out there if you want to put the hours in to finding it. Im looking to take a few more people on at the moment but we cover every field. Councils have got massive budgets to spend and they are spending it. We have half our years turn over in 2 jobs at the moment.

Also having a good reputation and a qualification help. I get people who turn down our apprenticeship scheme because the money is shit. Nearly all the sites we now supply and fit work for want to see CITB training etc. So when people moan about minimum wages etc you have to look long term. Especially now as there is 2 new certifications needed to work on large sites. This will be needed by law soon but people dont want to pay the money to train and get certified. Ive got site chippys asking for work but they arent qualified enough to work on the site now.

my advice is get into a scheme, yes it might be low money but the long term it works out better. Problem is everyone thinks they should be earning 30+k a year.
wot is your apprenticeship schemes for is it electrical if so could you post me details then because i'd be interested it's not about the money if i'm going to college aswell but you find an apprentice scheme for me, i'm an older student 22 and most are only for 16-18 i guess because the lower minimum wage but i still can't find anything in birmingham
Old 09-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im a hgv driver and there seems to be plenty of work still in the london area, bjut i have mates in the building trade and have been laid off, its rife out there at the mo
Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Originally Posted by jasonp

Also having a good reputation and a qualification help. I get people who turn down our apprentiship scheme becasue the money is shit. Nearly all the sites we now supply and fit work for want to see CITB training etc. So when people moan about minimun wages etc you have to look long term. Especially now as there is 2 new certifications needed to work on large sites. This will be needed by law soon but people dont want to pay the money to train and get cerified. Ive got site chippys asking for work but they arent qualified enough to work on the site now.

Can we start a list off here of how many 30+ year old blokes would go back to an apprentices's wages? They just cannot afford it, most have families to support, mortgages to pay, etc.....

Quick Reply: is there ANY work out there?