General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A couple updated pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple updated pics

Old 06-12-2008, 11:29 PM
MAD EVO 4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice mate
Old 06-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Kelv
Almost there!

Very nice, i do like those indeed.

i like watching them in one of the racing series.

is this your first post in about 3 years, i thought you had dissapeared
Old 06-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks nice

Brian
Old 06-12-2008, 11:34 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Nah still post Kelv, and still look at the site most days, just dont find it the same any more on here now, its no fun.
Dont 19" wheels look small on the fooker,lol
Old 06-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Kelv
Almost there!

Originally Posted by POPEYE
Dont 19" wheels look small on the fooker,lol
they certainly do, i would neer have thought they were that size unless you mentioned it.

i know how you mean about the previous comment tho!!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:42 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Lucky enough i got quite a good deal on them, i did have 18's on order, but they couldn't get them in after a week of mucking around, so asked if i would want 19's for a 100 dollors more, $1600 for wheels and tyres aint bad
Would love to go twin turbo or super charge the thing, but you just can't get away with speeding over here like you can back there. And its not to shy with 400 brake as it is i surpose
Old 06-12-2008, 11:59 PM
georgie1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

looks well cool and nice pop
Old 07-12-2008, 12:11 AM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nice but could do with bigger wheels
Old 07-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the fines for speeding over there then ?

cant imagine you driving like miss daisy at all !

looks good though gotta admit

how you settling in over there mate ? any regrets yet ?
Old 07-12-2008, 07:48 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Ooooh i like it!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love them wheels ....
Old 07-12-2008, 09:31 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Aduz, I reckon it maybe because i have not lowered the car that's making them look smaller in the pics, and im not going to lower it as the roads are shocking over here, you'd rip you bumper staight off pulling into any driveway, theres so many lowered cars over here i dont know how they get away with it, well i do, they just dont go up driveways lol.
Cheers Pete, so do i. Speedy cheetahs 19"x8.5" with 245/35/19's could have gone 9.5 on the rears but tyre price start getting to dear for my liking for like 275/285's
Ginge, it sort of goes in stages, its 3 points for going 15KPH and under over the limit and the fine is around the $100 mark, then between 15 and 29 ( i think thats the number )KPH over the limit its still 3 points but the fine more than doubles. After that your banned.
Then it gets fun on the long weekends and holiday periods where if you are caught speeding or not wearing your seatbelt the fine stays the same but you get DOUBLE points, ie getting caught just going over the limit and not wearing your seatbelt and your banned, pmsl. What really pisses is that the police don't give you any leway on speeding, if your over your over and they will fine you, no point even asking. Plus the police have cars that catch you speeding going the other way, now that's fucked and i have been caught that way lol. On a plus note though all road side cameras have signs saying speed camara ahead and there is always one there so no excuse for getting caught on them.
And yes i do have a little bit of fun, but compared to the uk i do drive like miss daisy.
Yeah settled in well mate, things seem to be going well with work and so on. I did 3 trips back this year as my mother was in a bad way and finally passed away in august, if it wasn't for popping back for that reason i would not have come back yet as i wasn't ready to as i thought once there i may miss a few things. But my Mother aside i was glad i did as apart from my mates ( which i did get the chance to meet up with a few ) theres nothing i miss enough to even think about moving back for.
Don't get me wrong its not the be all end all, but for us we have a much much better way of life over here.

Last edited by POPEYE; 07-12-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Really like that !
Old 07-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

LOVE the car! Utes are cool as hell...

Hate the wheels... sorry dude they look cheap and nasty. As do the skinny ass tyres!

EDIT *just read why they look cheap... they were! blimey that was cheap dude for a wheel and tyres combo! Thats about Ł700 isn't it?

Last edited by Porkie; 07-12-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Diseasel
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Very nice yute
Old 07-12-2008, 10:15 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Originally Posted by Porkie
LOVE the car! Utes are cool as hell...

Hate the wheels... sorry dude they look cheap and nasty. As do the skinny ass tyres!

EDIT *just read why they look cheap... they were! blimey that was cheap dude for a wheel and tyres combo! Thats about Ł700 isn't it?
Hey Lee, Long time mate
yeah wheels are a like or dislike thing i reckon, personally i love them and i dont think the pics do them justice at all, as they don't look cheap in person, but yes that was the price which i got cheaper as they mucked me around trying to get a smaller size, otherwise they would have been $2100, but yes still well cheap. There classed as a fairy good brand out here.
lo, at skinny arsed. 245's aint that skinny
Old 07-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

love the truck,like the wheel design but not on that. cant believe the speeding! thats bad.and we moan here.
sorry to hear about your mum pops.shame we couldnt catch up at the time too

glad all is well there i would like to move to new zealand myself.but cant see that happening
Old 07-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Looks wicked Pops
Old 07-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

pops sorry to hear about our mum mate, as for australia when Elise is a little older i wanna spend 6 weeks there sort of living there for the experience ect

glad to here things are going well for you and family in aus
Old 07-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Looks great mate! A Bit jealous i must say!

When you say not the be all end all, which bits are you refering to? Are there some aspects of the move you dislike? Apart from missing family and friends
Old 07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Looks very nice m8, wont be long till youir bored with the black and change it to gold I reckon lol.
Would like one myself, saw a very nice monaro rx8 in black the other day, now that is a nice car!!

A very reliable source tells me your an up and coming jamie oliver pmsl, now that ive got to see!!!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

love it Pops. loved the vechiles in Aus
Old 08-12-2008, 01:16 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Must be slow, its not white and its not got 3 doors !!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:37 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Originally Posted by neilm
Must be slow, its not white and its not got 3 doors !!
Now Now neil, you know mine was faster

Nothing at all lee, I just think alot of people come over here thinking that its going to be paradise, its not! you still have to do the same old shit day in day out like going to work and paying bills and so on. We had a good idea before moving here and for us it was defo the right move. I think where we were luckier than most was having my brother over here and having a sort of friend base straight away, most dont and they find it really hard.
Even though its an english speaking country, its not the uk and things work in a different way, only silly things but there things you have to get used too. Customer service is one, there is none, which i found out quite quickly.
How was i to know the bird behind the counter that i just called a fat cow to the warehouse bloke was his bird, was nearly a punch up that day, fpmsl
Benn as you know mate, thats one of the reasons i got them so i could get them done in gold soon, curries and chinese are my things
Old 08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Now Now neil, you know mine was faster

Nothing at all lee, I just think alot of people come over here thinking that its going to be paradise, its not! you still have to do the same old shit day in day out like going to work and paying bills and so on. We had a good idea before moving here and for us it was defo the right move. I think where we were luckier than most was having my brother over here and having a sort of friend base straight away, most dont and they find it really hard.
Even though its an english speaking country, its not the uk and things work in a different way, only silly things but there things you have to get used too. Customer service is one, there is none, which i found out quite quickly.
How was i to know the bird behind the counter that i just called a fat cow to the warehouse bloke was his bird, was nearly a punch up that day, fpmsl
Benn as you know mate, thats one of the reasons i got them so i could get them done in gold soon, curries and chinese are my things

I kinda guessed this is what you were gonna write tbh Pops. The programs you watch where people move down under and fail and have to come home are usually the ones who expected it to be like a holiday all the time and didnt like having work etc....

Everyone would move there if that was the case lmao!

Glad your settling in pal
Old 08-12-2008, 05:49 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

Aduz, I reckon it maybe because i have not lowered the car that's making them look smaller in the pics, and im not going to lower it as the roads are shocking over here, you'd rip you bumper staight off pulling into any driveway, theres so many lowered cars over here i dont know how they get away with it, well i do, they just dont go up driveways lol.
Cheers Pete, so do i. Speedy cheetahs 19"x8.5" with 245/35/19's could have gone 9.5 on the rears but tyre price start getting to dear for my liking for like 275/285's
Ginge, it sort of goes in stages, its 3 points for going 15KPH and under over the limit and the fine is around the $100 mark, then between 15 and 29 ( i think thats the number )KPH over the limit its still 3 points but the fine more than doubles. After that your banned.
Then it gets fun on the long weekends and holiday periods where if you are caught speeding or not wearing your seatbelt the fine stays the same but you get DOUBLE points, ie getting caught just going over the limit and not wearing your seatbelt and your banned, pmsl. What really pisses is that the police don't give you any leway on speeding, if your over your over and they will fine you, no point even asking. Plus the police have cars that catch you speeding going the other way, now that's fucked and i have been caught that way lol. On a plus note though all road side cameras have signs saying speed camara ahead and there is always one there so no excuse for getting caught on them.
And yes i do have a little bit of fun, but compared to the uk i do drive like miss daisy.
Yeah settled in well mate, things seem to be going well with work and so on. I did 3 trips back this year as my mother was in a bad way and finally passed away in august, if it wasn't for popping back for that reason i would not have come back yet as i wasn't ready to as i thought once there i may miss a few things. But my Mother aside i was glad i did as apart from my mates ( which i did get the chance to meet up with a few ) theres nothing i miss enough to even think about moving back for.
Don't get me wrong its not the be all end all, but for us we have a much much better way of life over here.
LONGEST POPEYE POST EVER
Old 08-12-2008, 06:07 PM
juddzey455
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Cracking car popeye

Some bloke asked me when i was out there if i "wonna do some snakeys" in a hsv ute...and we did o yes, all over the place!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:10 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my labourer has just went over to oz for two months for a little holiday,i've told him to see what the work situation is like over there as its quite quiet in the building trade at the moment here.

i think its bunbury ,south of perth he is in.

TWO MONTHS the lucky ba#####d

oh and nice ute!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:20 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Originally Posted by juddzey455
Cracking car popeye

Some bloke asked me when i was out there if i "wonna do some snakeys" in a hsv ute...and we did o yes, all over the place!
Yeah the knobs drive about with chaser wheels only on the rear just to do burnouts,pmsl

Lee, seeing as you have been a couple of times i think you know what to expect, its just having the bottle to do it, it is a BIG move
Old 09-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Very nice i like it alot.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:14 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Yeah the knobs drive about with chaser wheels only on the rear just to do burnouts,pmsl

Lee, seeing as you have been a couple of times i think you know what to expect, its just having the bottle to do it, it is a BIG move

pops when i decide to come to australia for a holiday i hope we can catch up,,, i wanna see just how orange you have gone with the sun pmsl

your right about balls to move,,,,,, i always say i wanna move country but i aint got the balls and respect people who do ALOT

what sort of price does it take to move to aus,,,,, roughly as i know your minted