General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

gauranteed finance???

Search this Thread

Old 15-11-2008, 08:06 AM
focusjohn
St.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauranteed finance???

Right ill explain lol I want a new taxi for buisness seen unlimted milage skodas for £36 per week. Only problem i can see is i dont have proof of income lol but it does say gaurteed finace whats the chances ill get it? Can have agaurentor if that helps ??? any help would be good never done finace before.
Old 15-11-2008, 08:12 AM
doctor stavros
AMG C32

guaranteed finance usually means sky high interest rates unfortunatley
Old 15-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

if you are guaranteed finance, chances are its a ridiculously high interest rate, id personally find out all the info before committing to get it. Cant you get a loan off your bank, would work out cheaper imo.

Sarah
Old 15-11-2008, 08:16 AM
focusjohn
St.

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
if you are guaranteed finance, chances are its a ridiculously high interest rate, id personally find out all the info before committing to get it. Cant you get a loan off your bank, would work out cheaper imo.

Sarah
Nah i couldnt kinda fell out with them. Dont think interst rate is bad as there trying to shift taxis left right and centre company ive heard good things about at £36 a week over 5 years is almost £10000 the price of the car! Think ill give them a ring later.
Old 15-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by focusjohn
Nah i couldnt kinda fell out with them. Dont think interst rate is bad as there trying to shift taxis left right and centre company ive heard good things about at £36 a week over 5 years is almost £10000 the price of the car! Think ill give them a ring later.
Is that from the taxi centre?

That figure will be subject to VAT as well. I got my Octavia from them during the summer. I've took mine out over 4 years. Will hand it back in 2. That's the way forward. Car also comes with 2years manufacturers warranty so after 2 years hand it back and get another one.
Old 15-11-2008, 11:29 AM
BANNED
BANNED

its not allways guaranteed either, we were bang into it 5 years ago when it was hot, big adverts evrywere, but still the same process, take the cackers details over the phone try get a dipper out of them and fax off to all the companys, we had different companys for different levels of scumbag, and believe me these adds attracted scumbags, some were so bad it was unreal, others were accepted by welcome etc but only to £3500, if they were refused everywere when they say well you say you guarantee it i just used to say yes i do that is indeed correct, i can give you finance with a 50% deposit, knowing they prob only had 50 quid in the bank account it worked.

some the very odd few we did do our own in house finance but to be honest was a nightmare getting the money ontime every month so we stopped that

i had people sign up at 19% flat per year, i even signed a few at 22%, they signed blank finannce documents, madness really but true.

on the other hand if a genjuine person walked in with good credit they would get 10% etc etc and good deals.
Old 15-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

36 quid a week plus what deposit?
And if its a PCP deal there will be a final payment on it, and a charge for excess milage.
Old 15-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I think I know the deal he is talking about

Here is an example here http://www.thetaxicentre.com/viewCar.asp?ID=29

I got my car from here although I didn't take that deal. I went for Zero deposit, £62 a week over 4 years. Now here's the thing.

The car comes with 2 years warranty which is honoured for taxi and private hire. Not many other manufacturers will do this and due to the nature of HP after you have paid 50% of the car off you can simply return it and get another. Therfore I can return mine at end of warranty period and sign up for a new one, and as all the admin/ registration fees are put on your FINAL payment then you never pay them.

Fair enough you never actually own the car but why would you want to own a 4 year old octavia that's been to the moon and back as it'd be worth next to fuck all. Plus you can claim against the massive depreciation in your end of year accounts.

It's a no brainer for use as a taxi. Good MPG as well.
Old 15-11-2008, 04:44 PM
focusjohn
St.

Originally Posted by Smiggy
I think I know the deal he is talking about

Here is an example here http://www.thetaxicentre.com/viewCar.asp?ID=29

I got my car from here although I didn't take that deal. I went for Zero deposit, £62 a week over 4 years. Now here's the thing.

The car comes with 2 years warranty which is honoured for taxi and private hire. Not many other manufacturers will do this and due to the nature of HP after you have paid 50% of the car off you can simply return it and get another. Therfore I can return mine at end of warranty period and sign up for a new one, and as all the admin/ registration fees are put on your FINAL payment then you never pay them.

Fair enough you never actually own the car but why would you want to own a 4 year old octavia that's been to the moon and back as it'd be worth next to fuck all. Plus you can claim against the massive depreciation in your end of year accounts.

It's a no brainer for use as a taxi. Good MPG as well.
Yeah it was the mpg the attarcted me as the saving in feul would pretty much pay for the taxi. Its from fowlers motors or cabking as there otherwise knowen. Im gonna trade in my current e7 which is worth around the 3grand mark which would act as my deposit.
Old 15-11-2008, 04:51 PM
focusjohn
St.

Originally Posted by Chip
36 quid a week plus what deposit?
And if its a PCP deal there will be a final payment on it, and a charge for excess milage.
£100 mimimum deposit but gonna trade in current vechile worth around 3grand theres no final payments and its unlimted mileage.
Old 15-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Neil Clark
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it was the mpg the attarcted me as the saving in feul would pretty much pay for the taxi. Its from fowlers motors or cabking as there otherwise knowen. Im gonna trade in my current e7 which is worth around the 3grand mark which would act as my deposit.
What E7 you got? i'm after one!

Driving a TX1 ATM
Old 15-11-2008, 07:14 PM
focusjohn
St.

Originally Posted by Neil Clark
What E7 you got? i'm after one!

Driving a TX1 ATM
Lol 2000 on the w reg all colour coded lol 7 passenger seats 286,000 on the clock fully serviced runs like a dream. List of many new parts.Its white its officaly called a eurotaxi lol its a cabdirect one. Where abouts you from ?
Old 17-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Neil Clark
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol 2000 on the w reg all colour coded lol 7 passenger seats 286,000 on the clock fully serviced runs like a dream. List of many new parts.Its white its officaly called a eurotaxi lol its a cabdirect one. Where abouts you from ?
In Derby mate, mines a 1998 TX1 (all hackneys in derby are BRIGHT yellow!)

2000 is too old pal, wanted something a little newer (and more expensive) but if you dont ask you dont get!