General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What Car Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default What Car Alarm?

Can anyone recommend a good car alarm needs to be able to lock/unlock the doors and also open close the windows from the remote

Brian
Old 07-10-2008, 03:56 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I rate Toad
Old 07-10-2008, 04:00 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Toad yeah, i got a ai606 on my beemer, it dont have full closure as its an extra which can be added but its been spot on and are known to be very reliable.

Cliffords are good too, but the thing to remember is(with any alarm) get it fitted by someone who knows what there doing, then you wont have a problem with your alarm
Old 07-10-2008, 06:05 PM
orion_crazy_carl
orion=mini saff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

toad all day along...
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toad or Clifford, although most will say Toad and I have one myself but what matters most is WHO installs it.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would go for a clifford as thats what im using, very reliable
Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 PM
FIESTA CHRIS H
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pani_k
Toad or Clifford, although most will say Toad and I have one myself but what matters most is WHO installs it.
is there anyone that you would recommend in the london area? and do toad have remote start???

Trending Topics

Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

toad ai 606, fit and forget......
Old 07-10-2008, 07:07 PM
foxy06

Clifford-Had a few, some good, some bad, some installers dont rate them!
Toad-Good price and no hassle with one i had!
Sigma-Good alarm for good money!
Laserline-Standard fit on old Beemers!

Most, if not any, alarms can have a window module wired in to close windows etc!

Last edited by foxy06; 07-10-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Added
Old 07-10-2008, 07:10 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by FIESTA CHRIS H
is there anyone that you would recommend in the london area? and do toad have remote start???
I have remote start mate yes. I have glass, 2 stage body/wheel, ultrasonics, proximity, remote start and pager system all on my Ai606. I'd recommend a guy called Dennis. alarms4u.co.uk is his website, used him through a recommendation and the alarm has been faultless in almost a year that I've had it on the car. Can do Clifford as well and I was originally opting for a Clifford but the Toad was cheaper and was near as dammit the same thing as the Clifford I had specced and got quoted for. If you used him I doubt you'd have problems Clifford or Toad. A couple of people I know have used him and recommended him to someone and every job has been fine. Can PM you his mobile number if you want

Failing that there is one called Creative Car Sounds which some people I know have told me are OK but chap on the phone said he could fit me a concept 650 mkII with the same spec as the Toad I have in 3 hours and wanted something like £600-£700... Also didn't fill me with confidence he knew what he was talking about either.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 PM
vernam616
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Clifford all day long, i have had 3 toads now and rate them as totally unreliable, had a Clifford Concept 650 with all the gadgets, never had a problem, neither has my mate who bought the car from me.

just my 2p worth !

Dan
Old 07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
FIESTA CHRIS H

I have remote start mate yes. I have glass, 2 stage body/wheel, ultrasonics, proximity, remote start and pager system all on my Ai606. I'd recommend a guy called Dennis. alarms4u.co.uk is his website, used him through a recommendation and the alarm has been faultless in almost a year that I've had it on the car. Can do Clifford as well and I was originally opting for a Clifford but the Toad was cheaper and was near as dammit the same thing as the Clifford I had specced and got quoted for. If you used him I doubt you'd have problems Clifford or Toad. A couple of people I know have used him and recommended him to someone and every job has been fine. Can PM you his mobile number if you want

Failing that there is one called Creative Car Sounds which some people I know have told me are OK but chap on the phone said he could fit me a concept 650 mkII with the same spec as the Toad I have in 3 hours and wanted something like £600-£700... Also didn't fill me with confidence he knew what he was talking about either.
Websites down at the moment. will have a look when its sorted. I only have a standard immoboliser and cant afford to shell out for a new car if the worst does happen
Old 07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
orion_crazy_carl
orion=mini saff

had 2 cossies with cliffords,both been a total pain,going off in garages,when it rains,ect,would NEVER touch one again,unless im taking it out to fit a toad
Old 07-10-2008, 07:54 PM
FIESTA CHRIS H

if you dont mind saying how much did u roughly pay for the alarm. pm me if you want
Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So can anyone recommend what TOAD Model to get?? also any one recommend anywhere who can supply and fit one in Essex?

Brian
Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can organise getting an Toad Ai606 fitted for you. I'm away this week in the falklands but the company I fit them for have some superb fitters (more experience than me). They are mobile so will come to your house as well. Pm me and i'll give you details .

Chris
Old 07-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you want the one that says "get back yer bastards al break yer legs" http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BTDDlWtnvSE
Old 08-10-2008, 06:32 AM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

Had an ai606 fitted to my old mr2 and had problems a few weeks after a "top" company put it in!!! STAY AWAY FROM SEXTONS!!!!!
If you are any good at autoelectrics and dont need insurance approved fitting then do it yourself!! Im getting a couple of good spec alarms of ebay and fitting them to my rs and my bro in laws gt4 and they are about £40 each!!
I had to have a cat2 immobiliser put on my rs for insurance and when i stripped the car the lazy gits didnt hide the gibbons at all. I could of bypassed it in a couple of secs!! So ive stripped it out and reinstalled that too hiding it properly!! If u know what ur doing its always best to diy!