General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Stop Press....Jim Gallbally in World Record Bus Jumping Attempt

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:51 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
a very good friend of mine, who has remained a good friend. of course he was not smiling really, i just said something stupid to make him smile for the picture

i was not bothered, reshelled into the estate in my sig. and we both know that cossie powered estates are the way forward
indeed. its the car ford should have made themselves and in my case the sort of engine power bmw should have been producing in house as well.
i suppose most wouldnt let general joe public occassional mates drive their cars in the first place, the only guy to have driven mine is my best mate from school days. i would be gutted if it was me but life would go on.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fair play to paul, must be honest i let jim drive my motor round the ring this year, wasnt bothered about it either, he offered me to drive hes but i delclined as i always worry about the after affects that usually comes with

jims car though and being VERY honest was high milage, rust comming on the arches and on one of the doors,,,,,, it was very well cleaned but the actual car wasnt a mint car IMO just any car thats kept clean looks well,,,,,,, THOUGH that said its got a rebuild diff and gearbox, prob bearing changed, poly bushes ect ect ect

so thats what jims talking about when hes saying the value of hes car

dakar's are also the cheepest M3's generally too i noticed when i was looking for one

DOWNSIDE is there is ALOT of shit boxes about which will need the general stuff doing that ALL cars sold will need

might be a better idea to buy a M3 with cloth trim and swop the parts over as cloth ones are cheeper anyway and also may get one in better condition

its a risk we all take, i borrow loads of peoples cars and a few of my mates borrow mine

but then again i aint that bothered about my car as some people might be
Old 08-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by _DAN_
Let me get this right, Paul is offering to pay out of his way and break his OWN car to help you out and you have the cheek to say "oh it's more around 6K" when you can get M3s for like 5k. What's wrong with you paying some of the money?

Also, WHY did you let someone drive your car with limited RWD experience on a damp track with NO insurance? Not a dig at Paul at all, just a question. I feel sorry for him throughout it all to be honest.
What a COCK

You can get M3's for 5K but you wont get one as sorted on track as Jim's was for that money in a hurry, Jim was kind enough to lend someone his car, and knowing jim I bet he didnt even ask for any money towards the petrol/tyres/track session, and that person wrote his car off, Jim isnt looking to make anything at all, he just wants to be back in the position he started at with a really nicely setup M3 to use on trackdays.

Why the fuck should Jim pay some of the money, when its not his fault in the slightest?

NO ONE on here has an "any driver trackday cover" policy that im aware of. and Paul knew full well he wasnt insured when he drove the car, just like all of us know when we have driven anyone else's car on track.

Thats the reason that when both Jim and Porkie have offered me the keys to go on track in their cars, Ive taken Jim's one out cause I can afford to replace or repair it, but Ive declined politely when Porkie has made the same offer as I cant afford to replace a 50K 996 turbo!

Last edited by Chip; 08-09-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by Chip
NO ONE on here has an "any driver trackday cover" policy that im aware of. and Paul knew full well he wasnt insured when he drove the car, just like all of us know when we have driven anyone else's car on track.
Not everyone knows though, and it might slip someones mind, I know when I've driven a car before on track, thinking back now, it never even popped into my head what if I had an off, you don't go on track thinking that you are going to have an accident.

But you've answered Dans question, Paul knew that he wouldn't be covered in an event of an accident.

Seems silly to me, driving someone elses with no insurance, but its the risk people take I guess, including myself.

Fair play to Paul
Old 08-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant you just reshell it and stick all Jims bits on it and replace the fucked bits from the crash?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
Not everyone knows though, and it might slip someones mind, I know when I've driven a car before on track, thinking back now, it never even popped into my head what if I had an off, you don't go on track thinking that you are going to have an accident.

But you've answered Dans question, Paul knew that he wouldn't be covered in an event of an accident.

Seems silly to me, driving someone elses with no insurance, but its the risk people take I guess, including myself.

Fair play to Paul

No different Paul driving Jims car to either of them driving their own car, in all cases its going to cost you a lot of money if you crash it.

I ws out in my mates astra on saturday at combe, if I binned it I would have bought him a new shell and we would have reshelled it, no different to what we would do if I binned my own or if he binned his.

If you are driving, you are the one out of pocket if you crash, wether its your own car or someone elses.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:46 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Really shocked to see this lads....Paul big lesson learnt here i think mate...dont drive RWD in the wet on a track when you have never driven one before ....I would have no problem letting a mate drive my car on a track but i dont think i would drive someone elses incase of this problem.

Fair play to you though Paul. But it is the right thing to do and you know the rules when ya took it out.

Jim - Top Bloke shame it happened to you but im usre you will bounce back bigger and better. .

Well Done to everyone else that helped out.Glad to see there are still decent people out there
Old 08-09-2008, 12:29 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

wounded Jim.

At least no one was hurt!

Good on Paul for taking responsibility!

to all the people who are having digs, its got fuck all to do with you. tbh, im not really sure why its even being allowed to be discussed on here, but there you go.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

jim maybe aint trying to make something out it but why he even looking at 98 evo versions?surely it should be like for like just the same as insurance?
I couldnt give a fook either way i just dont think id have the brass neck to even say ive been looking at newer better versions.but everyone is different i suppose.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Daviet
jim maybe aint trying to make something out it but why he even looking at 98 evo versions?surely it should be like for like just the same as insurance?
I couldnt give a fook either way i just dont think id have the brass neck to even say ive been looking at newer better versions.but everyone is different i suppose.
tbh if jim was expecting me to pay for a really tricked up m3 to replace it i may a problem with it, but when he's just looking at cars with the same price tags as what weve both seen then why should i have a problem? he's a top bloke, i doubt he'd take me for a mug nor would i do so to him
Old 08-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Are you having a laugh?!?!?!?

Brass neck??

WTF?!?!?!?

Remind me NOT to be a good friend of yours if thats how you would view a situation where YOU royally fucked a mate up!!!

Last edited by Porkie; 08-09-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Chip

Its threads like that remind me 2 things.

1) Ive got some GREAT mates

2) They are well in the minority on forums for actually being decent folk
Old 08-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Its threads like that remind me 2 things.

1) Ive got some GREAT mates

2) They are well in the minority on forums for actually being decent folk

Fucking shocking isn't it!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:51 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers chip, porkie- thanks for the offer with the help yesterday chip, really appreciated
Old 08-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Now now people, if you cant talk like adults, dont talk at all.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by maria
Now now people, if you cant talk like adults, dont talk at all.
I dont think anyone was talking not like an adult, adult CUNTS maybe, but still adults
Old 08-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by _DAN_
Let me get this right, Paul is offering to pay out of his way and break his OWN car to help you out and you have the cheek to say "oh it's more around 6K" when you can get M3s for like 5k. What's wrong with you paying some of the money?

Also, WHY did you let someone drive your car with limited RWD experience on a damp track with NO insurance? Not a dig at Paul at all, just a question. I feel sorry for him throughout it all to be honest.

Just unbelivable....

I BET you the type of bloke who tries to get away with not buying a round of drinks even when his mates have been buying him them all night aren't you!!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Porkie
Just unbelivable....

I BET you the type of bloke who tries to get away with not buying a round of drinks even when his mates have been buying him them all night aren't you!!!!
Blatantly

He will of course now come on and say the opposite though

I bet he is always making bets with his mates too, and if he wins, collects the money, but if they win he was only joking

I think we all know some snivelling little cunt like that
Old 08-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blatantly

He will of course now come on and say the opposite though

I bet he is always making bets with his mates too, and if he wins, collects the money, but if they win he was only joking

I think we all know some snivelling little cunt like that
He's probably just nipped to the gents in the hope we'll have carried on and forgot it was his turn...
Old 08-09-2008, 04:05 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Just unbelivable....

I don't think he's old enough to drink
Old 08-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

RIGHT! I am warning you all now! Get the topic back on track, stop ripping the piss... and talk sensibly!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:08 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just unbelivable....

i bought two rounds last night, everyone else bought one lol

seriously though, for all the idiots out there.

YOU BEND IT

YOU BUY IT OR YOU MEND IT.

I tell EVERYONE who gets behind the wheel of my car that. its the golden rule.

And further more.

WTF HAS WHAT PAUL AND JIM DO GOT TO DO WITH ANYONE FROM HERE THAT WASNT INVOLVED?

Paul and Jim have come to an arrangement that both parties are happy with, END OF FUCKING STORY.

Jim want(ed)s a car that was of the same standard as the one he had - this may include buying a newer car simply because the older cars may not be up to standard. Why should Jim have to suffer with a Ł2k rotter or whatever when his car was worth considerably more?

How pissed off would you be if you pranged your car and the insurance company would only offer you money for something of the same age, when the stuff thats same age may all be shitters, when your car was kept to a high standard and would be worth the same as a newer car?

you'd kick up a stink and im sure be on here posting about it

*** None of the above is aimed at Lee!!! ***
Old 08-09-2008, 04:08 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

RIGHT! I am warning you all now! Get the topic back on track, stop ripping the piss... and talk sensibly!
oooops!!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 08-09-2008, 04:10 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Remind me not to give you the keys to my next RWD Saff Pauly lol

only messin matey, I drove Jims old Saff up southend in the wet and all he kept sayin was dont go sideways lol....he must have forgot to tell you that rule lol...
Old 08-09-2008, 04:11 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

in my defence i was absent mindedly posting when you snook in and posted your reply, therefore undermining my efforts, purely on the basis of making me look bad

will that wash? doubt it
Old 08-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Mike - ill let you off! BUT ONLY ONCE!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:15 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mike - ill let you off! BUT ONLY ONCE!
a thousand thankyou's!

You're too good to me

must

resist

piss take

Old 08-09-2008, 04:17 PM
wapster
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

soz to hear the news jim wish you all the best
Old 08-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 08-09-2008, 04:21 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanCossie
Remind me not to give you the keys to my next RWD Saff Pauly lol

only messin matey, I drove Jims old Saff up southend in the wet and all he kept sayin was dont go sideways lol....he must have forgot to tell you that rule lol...
the same rule kamal forgot to tell you when you span his old 1800 saff on a roundabout at a 3rd of the speed i was doing? pmsl
Old 08-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by martin-reyland
Just goes to show that we all have different tastes... I would rather have that colour and silver too!

I agree! best colour!

although I did like Jims yellow one!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

I agree! best colour!

although I did like Jims yellow one!!!
really? its for sale if you wanna buy it
Old 08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the pull is too great
Old 08-09-2008, 04:55 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by rst in progress
the same rule kamal forgot to tell you when you span his old 1800 saff on a roundabout at a 3rd of the speed i was doing? pmsl
touche lol....but i didnt hit anyone or anything

does make people think twice about letting people drive their cars though....say you didnt have the escort and had no money what we Jim do??? i would hate to be in that situation
Old 08-09-2008, 04:58 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanCossie
touche lol....but i didnt hit anyone or anything

does make people think twice about letting people drive their cars though....say you didnt have the escort and had no money what we Jim do??? i would hate to be in that situation
we'd already spoke about it before, and said my escort would compensate him if the worst happened
Old 08-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Are you having a laugh?!?!?!?

Brass neck??

WTF?!?!?!?

Remind me NOT to be a good friend of yours if thats how you would view a situation where YOU royally fucked a mate up!!!
if i royally fucked up i would sort it for jim,but tbh i wouldnt have drove a car on track without some understanding between the two parties first.ie an agreed value if it does go tits up.
as long as jim and paul are happy like others have said who gives a fuck.
all i said was i wouldnt expect my mate to buy me a r plate evo m3 in return for the L plate non evo or whatever it was that he crashed.
thats just my opinion on it and id just feel a bit cheeky asking for a newer car of better spec.sorry if thats wrong for not wanting to shaft a mate anymore than hes already going to be. not saying jim isnt beeing shafted either just id try to come to as cheap a solution as i could for my mate as if i gave him a shot of my car id no there would be a risk to him fucking it as much as me.
anyways hopefully you get it sorted asap and your back onroad before long.

Last edited by Daviet; 08-09-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

i think i know where we're going wrong here, you seem to think my car was just some battered up shonky L reg m3 worth 2k

plus i'm some sort of cunt for lending my car out ofcourse damn i wish i was less of a wanker
Old 08-09-2008, 05:46 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if i royally fucked up i would sort it for jim,but tbh i wouldnt have drove a car on track without some understanding between the two parties first.ie an agreed value if it does go tits up.
as long as jim and paul are happy like others have said who gives a fuck.
all i said was i wouldnt expect my mate to buy me a r plate evo m3 in return for the L plate non evo or whatever it was that he crashed.
thats just my opinion on it and id just feel a bit cheeky asking for a newer car of better spec.sorry if thats wrong for not wanting to shaft a mate anymore than hes already going to be. not saying jim isnt beeing shafted either just id try to come to as cheap a solution as i could for my mate as if i gave him a shot of my car id no there would be a risk to him fucking it as much as me.
anyways hopefully you get it sorted asap and your back onroad before long.
are you on crack? The value of Jims car is the value of Jims car. If that Value enables him to now purchase an Evo version then what is the problem?

Quick Reply: Stop Press....Jim Gallbally in World Record Bus Jumping Attempt