General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Stop Press....Jim Gallbally in World Record Bus Jumping Attempt

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008 | 05:49 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
i think i know where we're going wrong here, you seem to think my car was just some battered up shonky L reg m3 worth 2k

plus i'm some sort of cunt for lending my car out ofcourse damn i wish i was less of a wanker
well i should have known better that to listen to ginges description of it lol.sorry about that
and im sure no one thinks your a wanker for loaning your car out.
just in future if you do id come to a prior agreement of what you value the car at if goes tits up.but then im sure your being honest in your valution and that why pauls ok with it
Old 08-09-2008 | 05:51 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CossieRich
are you on crack? The value of Jims car is the value of Jims car. If that Value enables him to now purchase an Evo version then what is the problem?
ffs can you not read??
i just said me personally i couldnt.id look for a car of the same spec if i hadnt made an agreement before hand.id just feel cheeky as fuck thats all.
Old 08-09-2008 | 05:51 PM
mk3matt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

sorry to see this guys hope jim gets sorted soon. do feel for rst in progress. must be gutting to have to break. jus try and keep the engine and make umit bigger and better.

good luck guys!
Old 08-09-2008 | 06:07 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Gutted for you Jim

I've been using my mates M3 at the ring all last week as I don't currently have a suitable car, same rules as anyone else, break it and buy it.

Had my other mate of offered to let me drive his E46 M3 I would of declined as there is no way I could ever afford to fix it or replace it.

Typically the car still managed to cost me 1500 euros and I didn't even do anything wrong
Old 08-09-2008 | 06:27 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i think i know where we're going wrong here, you seem to think my car was just some battered up shonky L reg m3 worth 2k

plus i'm some sort of cunt for lending my car out ofcourse damn i wish i was less of a wanker
jim you are far from a cunt and wanker, we ALL know that and were resuming it and tbh id still let you use a car of mine when i get one again as i trust your a good bloke and would do the same, im just sorry this happened
Old 08-09-2008 | 10:11 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Snap!

Sad to see Jim, but you should make good money breaking it. Buy another one though
Old 08-09-2008 | 10:13 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

we all take the risks. its life

how boring would owning a car be if you never let your mates drive it ?

i understand everyones points on here,, so does everyone else weather they wanna admit it or not

they seem to have come to a very fair solution though, cause of jims nightmare of now having to get a bus to work paul has agreed to buy porkies porsche turbo as a replacment,,,,,,,, and will also get it painted yellow to help it feel like hes old car

cant say fairer than that
Old 08-09-2008 | 10:14 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by EIL132
Snap!

Sad to see Jim, but you should make good money breaking it. Buy another one though

im no expert but i do hope you aint paied some valet to park your car there pmsl
Old 08-09-2008 | 10:48 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
im no expert but i do hope you aint paied some valet to park your car there pmsl

I did and the fuckers stripped it!
Old 09-09-2008 | 01:50 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I personally think Jim should be given what the car is worth. Then what he does with the money is his own business. However, if I stacked a friends car I would not be paying for things like tires, exhausts and so on. As when Jim sold the car these would not of added anything to the value.

Benni.
Old 09-09-2008 | 07:28 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by Benni
I personally think Jim should be given what the car is worth. Then what he does with the money is his own business. However, if I stacked a friends car I would not be paying for things like tires, exhausts and so on. As when Jim sold the car these would not of added anything to the value.

Benni.
Benni,

dont talk shit. A grands worth of Miltek exhaust on an M3 does add value as it is a desirable aftermarket option. i'm not saying it adds Ł1k to the value of Jim's car, but it still adds something. We are not talking chavved up Saxo's with ill fitting bodykits here

Last edited by CossieRich; 09-09-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-09-2008 | 07:40 AM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

if this happened to my car, or i did it someones car the way i would resolve it would be to check the internet for current prices of cars, add some for mods

then give that figure,

but, and we all know it, if i bought a car for 5k 3 yrs ago and spent 5k on it, it dont mean 10k needs to be refunded

as a 5k 3yrs ago wont be worth that now.

how you guys sort the payment out is up to you,

but i think you need to realistic here
Old 09-09-2008 | 07:44 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

if I stacked a friends car I would not be paying for things like tires, exhausts and so on. As when Jim sold the car these would not of added anything to the value.

Benni.
Even if you damaged them? Besides it's a proper exhaust not a make beleive bogus extra pipe you dummy.
Old 09-09-2008 | 07:47 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Martin,

See my reply above yours
Old 09-09-2008 | 07:55 AM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by martin-reyland
Besides it's a proper exhaust not a make beleive bogus extra pipe you dummy.
Old 09-09-2008 | 08:36 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Benni.
so if you stacked gary's motor you wouldn't pay for the mods done to the car and jus get him a standard car?

or were you thinking that the modded bits would be transfered over afterwards?

in which case it would make sense

but if you had "a" car and someone else bent it then you would expect "a" car in return

if you bent "jim's" car, i think jim would expect "his" car back, which is what is possibly happening here, but they have come to an agreement so they are happy
Old 09-09-2008 | 08:39 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Benni.
one more thing benni, you say that he should be given what the cars worth, yet then say you wouldn't pay for exhuasts and tyres (which were virtually only 1 or 2 days old at the time)
Old 09-09-2008 | 08:43 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Originally Posted by dojj
one more thing benni, you say that he should be given what the cars worth, yet then say you wouldn't pay for exhuasts and tyres (which were virtually only 1 or 2 days old at the time)
He would buy him a new tail pipe, can't say fairer than that.
Old 09-09-2008 | 08:54 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Benni.
That why you are exactly the sort of cunt who no one with a decent car is ever going to let drive their motor then!

Jim is out of pocket in a big way, he spent a FORTUNE on that car to make sure every little thing mechanically was perfect, why should he now end up with some distinctly average car through no fault of his own!
Old 09-09-2008 | 08:54 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Spiky
if this happened to my car, or i did it someones car the way i would resolve it would be to check the internet for current prices of cars, add some for mods

then give that figure,

but, and we all know it, if i bought a car for 5k 3 yrs ago and spent 5k on it, it dont mean 10k needs to be refunded

as a 5k 3yrs ago wont be worth that now.

how you guys sort the payment out is up to you,

but i think you need to realistic here

Thats exactly what everyone reasonable would do, including Jim of course
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:02 AM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Benni.
surely you can only drive mobility cars anyway?
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:12 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

So many different opinions on this subject, and most of them have an element of truth in them somewhere.

Just hope you can both resolve the situation and above all else remain friends?
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:20 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

. As when Jim sold the car these would not of added anything to the value.

Benni.
BUT HE DID NOT WANT TO SELL IT!!!

If I crashed someones car it would be replaced with something BETTER.

Thats the LEAST I can do!

as I have fucked them over by crashing THEIR car!
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:22 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

FFS

I cant believe it.

10 pages of utter shit, with only a handful of sensible replies.

I thought there was intelligent life in this world - if there is, not much of it uses Passionford

What Jim and Paul do is upto them, not a bunch of "internet know fuck-alls".

So take my mates car out, thats some shonky car in great condition, i stack it, but i'm only gonna give me Ł25 and a packet of Smarties cos that'll get him another one, though its shit.

What you can buy something for has little to do with value.

Lets be honest, Jim's car cannot really, in the grand scheme of things be replaced. so whatever he accepts is always going to be "different".
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:27 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
Lets be honest, Jim's car cannot really, in the grand scheme of things be replaced. so whatever he accepts is always going to be "different".

Yep, thats the reality, you wont find another identical to Jim's, so he will either end up with something a bit better or a bit worse essentially, thats the nature of the fact no two older modified cars are really the same.

So people like me and porkie would want to make sure he ended up better off, not worse off, some of the other cunts in this thread, would be looking to fuck him off with the cheapest thing thats vaguely similar, on in reality would probably just say they were going to sort it and then dissapear to live in a hole with lewis somewhere
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:28 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Chip
That why you are exactly the sort of cunt who no one with a decent car is ever going to let drive their motor then!

Jim is out of pocket in a big way, he spent a FORTUNE on that car to make sure every little thing mechanically was perfect, why should he now end up with some distinctly average car through no fault of his own!

TOTALLY agree....

thrash most Ł3k M3's around a track as hard as Jim did and they would be broken down within one session with a LOAD of niggles!

Jim spent LOADS making sure his was sound and can take that pounding! so thats standard of car he should be getting back or cash to the value of...
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:31 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yep, thats the reality, you wont find another identical to Jim's, so he will either end up with something a bit better or a bit worse essentially, thats the nature of the fact no two older modified cars are really the same.

So people like me and porkie would want to make sure he ended up better off, not worse off, some of the other cunts in this thread, would be looking to fuck him off with the cheapest thing thats vaguely similar, on in reality would probably just say they were going to sort it and then dissapear to live in a hole with lewis somewhere
Im the same - why should someone lose out because I ran out of talent? I'd get whoever something better as well.

its not cricket otherwise.
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:33 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Im the same - why should someone lose out because I ran out of talent? I'd get whoever something better as well.

its not cricket otherwise.
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:34 AM
lead_foot
is awesome

Originally Posted by Porkie
TOTALLY agree....

thrash most Ł3k M3's around a track as hard as Jim did and they would be broken down within one session with a LOAD of niggles!

Jim spent LOADS making sure his was sound and can take that pounding! so thats standard of car he should be getting back or cash to the value of...
+1, totally agree.
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:42 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

Me and paul have reached an agreement on the cash value of the car that i think everyone would agree is more than reasonable, its the value the car would likely sell for if i had decided to sell it. so he's effectively bought the car off me.

once the deal is over and done with and paul doesnt feel so bad, we can commence the banter and it's all business as usual

we're both trying to look on the bright side of this one, hopefully it means i can cut down on my car spending and he can stop spending money on beantins
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:43 AM
Chip

You prepared to divulge the figure?

As you said "sell for" not "be replaced for" im guessing its around 5K, as thats what I personally would have expected to pay for one like that.
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:44 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

too many people in this world are out for what they can get not what they can do.
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:46 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

too many people in this world are out for what they can get not what they can do.
Aint that true in most things these days.

At least it looks like theyve got it sorted.
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:48 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

I dont mind people knowing, but paul might
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:49 AM
Chip

I dont mind people knowing, but paul might
Fair enough.

In fact, probably is best kept secret, all that matters is that you are BOTH happy that its fair?
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:50 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/637161.htm
One here for 5.5k looks like a fairly decent car
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:50 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fair enough.

In fact, probably is best kept secret, all that matters is that you are BOTH happy that its fair?
deffo, cos we'd only get another 10 pages of shit saying its too much!!!
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:53 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

carlo, i'm gonna get a 328...

but on another note that M3 there seems overpriced. "enthusiast owned" but unfortunately the enthusiast didnt know anything about maintaining and modifying a car nor how much they are worth
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:54 AM
Chip

deffo, cos we'd only get another 10 pages of shit saying its too much!!!
AND too little at the same time, lol
Old 09-09-2008 | 09:55 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

AND too little at the same time, lol
just cant fucking win

but then this is pf

Quick Reply: Stop Press....Jim Gallbally in World Record Bus Jumping Attempt