General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

rat look like the vw people

Search this Thread

Old 13-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much sand is in your fanny, to dig up a weak old bitchfest like this thread?
Old 13-04-2010, 11:48 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

let it die you mong, this thread was pointless.
Old 14-04-2010, 12:02 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Fords_suk
"Rat look" beats "chav look" anyday
Half the time more effort goes into the rat look...
Rat look...car looks rotten and wrecked...yet performs like a well maintained horny race horse!

just look at this crap:

at least this guy gets it!
Well said!
Thanks for joining mate now off you go.
Old 14-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Fords_suk
ahhh

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord
How much sand is in your fanny, to dig up a weak old bitchfest like this thread?
More than you can imagine
Old 14-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Fords_suk
ahhh

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Thanks for joining mate now off you go.
Im new here...could i borrow some sugar? Just settling down is all. How about a proper welcome?
Old 14-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Kosman would bum him
Old 14-04-2010, 12:37 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im new here...could i borrow some sugar? Just settling down is all. How about a proper welcome?
Change your username and you might get a decent welcome. It appears you've only joined to have a dig at Fords.
Old 14-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Fords_suk
ahhh

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Change your username and you might get a decent welcome. It appears you've only joined to have a dig at Fords.
Whats wrong with it? Fords_suk (Fords Seem Uber Kool)
I thought it was fitting for a ford based forum...jeez
Old 14-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

And VW owners wonder why they get hated on all the time?!?
Old 14-04-2010, 12:45 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah course you did mate.
Old 14-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Fords_suk
ahhh

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
And VW owners wonder why they get hated on all the time?!?
...They do?
I suppose it could be worse...the ford owners have it pretty rough i hear.
Well...not the decent ones...you know...the good guys...who appreciate the work VW fans put into their rides...similar to themselves. Some of the ford owners seem to think their cars are bugatti's that no one can come close to...but their are a good majority with similar interests and friendly opinions.
Old 14-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

...They do?
Well...not the decent ones...you know...the good guys...who appreciate the work VW fans put into their rides...similar to themselves. Some of the ford owners seem to think their cars are bugatti's that no one can come close to...but their are a good majority with similar interests and friendly opinions.
Well seeing as this entire thread was down to personal taste you can't define a good person from a bad person with their opinion to rat look cars.

Is that the same way that you respect the effort and work that goes into (as you put it) "chav look" cars?

You will also find the that good people of the forum will not join other forums to spout their opinion on one thread if its something they disagree with.
Old 14-04-2010, 12:59 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

...They do?
. I'm out.
Old 14-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Fords_suk
ahhh

Well seeing as this entire thread was down to personal taste you can't define a good person from a bad person with their opinion to rat look cars.

Is that the same way that you respect the effort and work that goes into (as you put it) "chav look" cars?

You will also find the that good people of the forum will not join other forums to spout their opinion on one thread if its something they disagree with.
Yes, everyone can have say...but you can't state something is a piece of junk when it's far from it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz-LMi_mLE8

Just replying in the same fashion for a responce

So if you harmlessly protested to stop someone commiting an illigal act that would make you a bad person (just a comparison) Im only hear to "straighten things out", some people are basing their opinions on fictional ideas...

Last edited by Fords_suk; 14-04-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 14-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes, everyone can have say...but you can't state something is a piece of junk when it's far from it.
Thats a contradiction. You're saying people can have a say, as long as its what you agree with?
Again, its all down to personal taste.

So if you harmlessly protested to stop someone commiting an illigal act that would make you a bad person (just a comparison) Im only hear to "straighten things out", some people are basing their opinions on fictional ideas...
That isn't a comparison at all. This is a thread abouts peoples views on something. Maybe if they we're going around and turning rat cars into concourse then that could be a comparison.

As for fictional ideas? I have no idea what that has to do with anybodys preference for car modification.
Old 14-04-2010, 01:17 AM
Fords_suk
ahhh

Thats a contradiction. You're saying people can have a say, as long as its what you agree with?
Again, its all down to personal taste.

That isn't a comparison at all. This is a thread abouts peoples views on something. Maybe if they we're going around and turning rat cars into concourse then that could be a comparison.

As for fictional ideas? I have no idea what that has to do with anybodys preference for car modification.
Their are facts and their are opinions...personal tastes are fine if they are opinions but when you start stating false facts...it's not fair and it leads onto others doing the same.

Ok, im "protesting against a forum who approves of commiting illegal acts" more suited?
Old 14-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Their are facts and their are opinions...personal tastes are fine if they are opinions but when you start stating false facts...it's not fair and it leads onto others doing the same.

Ok, im "protesting against a forum who approves of commiting illegal acts" more suited?
false facts? This thread was some people saying "yeah i like rat look" and others saying "no i dont". I have no idea where false facts come into it.??

People saying that they don't like rat look cars are breaking the law? oh dear.

Anyway. Good luck with the bait. I'm sure someone will properly bite soon and you can have a good old keyboard battle.
Old 14-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Fords_suk
ahhh

false facts? This thread was some people saying "yeah i like rat look" and others saying "no i dont". I have no idea where false facts come into it.??

People saying that they don't like rat look cars are breaking the law? oh dear.

Anyway. Good luck with the bait. I'm sure someone will properly bite soon and you can have a good old keyboard battle.

oh dear...some people are impossible...i did specify in the last thread it was mearly a comparison...not to be taking literally

and im more annoyed at the people who say "what a load of junk thats shit...vw crowd are fukd up blah blah blah....not bothered about opinions...please understand that...and it seems you are the only one having a keyboard battle
G'night love
Old 14-04-2010, 06:38 AM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power not paint!!
Old 14-04-2010, 08:47 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

@ the 'chav' /crap XR2 used as an example that's totally standard other than a set of wheels...and a cage. Yes, multi point roll cages are pure 'chav'.

Better tell the WRC boys

I'll neglect to mention the turbo lump it ran etc...
Old 14-04-2010, 09:01 AM
p17fld
Advanced PassionFord User

I can smell the hatred oozing from your fingertips

Old 14-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

"Rat look" beats "chav look" anyday
Aids is better than cancer, but I wouldnt want either.

Rat look...car looks rotten and wrecked...yet performs like a well maintained horny race horse!
You obviously havent seen many of the new breed of rat look cars then, most of them are fucking shite, they have utterly no performance at all and many of the mods people do to them actually make them slower than a standard car.

just look at this crap:

Whats crap about that?
Stripped out and caged car ideal for doing trackdays in, maybe you dont like performance but lots of people do, and at least there is a point to it.

Last edited by Chip; 14-04-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 14-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRubNoDub
Power not paint!!
The vast majority of the ratlook bandwagon jumpers have neither.

They just buy some shite vw polo, make it look even shiter and do fuck all to the engine, thats what whole section of the ratlook scene that we hate.

My mate has a ratlook viva that i like, sheddy old matt black car that runs 11s, but he isnt some silly little schoolkid sticking an "ironic" roof rack on a mk1 golf, he's a drag racer who just doesnt really care much what his car looks like.

MASSIVELY different scenes.
And its only one of them we hate, the twats doing "rat look" rather than "rat racers"
They have the "not paint" but without the "power"!

Last edited by Chip; 14-04-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 14-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

also cars that have genuine 50 years of rust like some of the california imports etc thats just natural and can be called character.

its the contrived shite that most of the rat look scene is about where most of the cars are deliberately made rusty etc. Now thats proper EMO type patheticness!!

you go on about us thinking fords are like bugattis comeon now, the VW/VAG/FAG scene is one of the most snobbyist car scenes there are. Most VW owners are snobbyier than porsche owners
Old 14-04-2010, 01:52 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ive got a rat Mk1 fiesta, cool as fuck imo, tis a cool daily til the xr is painted!!

Not the best pics, but you get the idea

Last edited by squizxr; 14-04-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 14-04-2010, 06:57 PM
MAMBOMAN
Virgin

Mate, shut the fuck up.

Seriously, I'm not a Ford owner, I DO Volkswagens,( supposedly some hate between the two)

But, I enjoy a read on these forums, as I'm sure some non VW people do on vw forums.

Get your head out of your ass and see that not all fords are shite fezzas with next doors drain pipe as an exhaust, and some b&q guttering for side skirts.

( like what you posted, infact, why are we paying this troll any attention?)

Most of the banter and motors on here are pretty fresh.

Happy motoring all normal people!
Old 14-04-2010, 07:21 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

i like the rat look, think ti lookks good when done properly, some do look proper shite
the 'euro' look is better htough i personally think, low as fuck, smooth lines etc etc
Old 14-04-2010, 08:33 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like the rat look when its done as a daily, so things arnt taken quite as serious. bit like the fezza posted above

slammed on coilovers, little wide steels, roof rack, tow bar maybe with a side exit exhaust, or the exhaust coming out of the wing would be amazing, thatd be my idea of a good rat sort of car
Old 14-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by speedy-tom
i like the rat look, think ti lookks good when done properly,
The rat look can only really be achieved with 40 years of paintwork neglect anything else is contrived and fake shite!!
Old 15-04-2010, 09:07 AM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jammerrs
i like the rat look when its done as a daily, so things arnt taken quite as serious. bit like the fezza posted above

slammed on coilovers, little wide steels, roof rack, tow bar maybe with a side exit exhaust, or the exhaust coming out of the wing would be amazing, thatd be my idea of a good rat sort of car
Cheers mate, ive got better pics of how it is now, will post them tomorrow, but this was us at Santa Pod last year

Old 15-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Turbosimpsons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

save 10k on resto. spend it on going faster. makes sense to me.
Old 15-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Kieron

Originally Posted by squizxr
Cheers mate, ive got better pics of how it is now, will post them tomorrow, but this was us at Santa Pod last year

Squiz,

I like the look of your car. BUT, did you sand the paintwork mid panel and edges to make it look ratty? Also the roofrack is cool but putting those shitty cases on them look wank imho.

Wheels look hard though. What are they? and who banded them?
Old 15-04-2010, 09:35 AM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yea we sanded the paint down a week before FITP last year!! It was rough in palces and didnt need much sanding!! I think the cases look cool, your the first person to say they look wank lol!!

There banded mk2 xr2 steels, they were actually done in Germany!!! Ive got two mk1 xr2's one being in this months CF and the other my daily drive that needs a mini resto, so this is jus a run about while thats done, no-where near as cool as the xr's, but cool none the less
Old 15-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Kieron

Persoanlly I would have left it looking rough and not sanded it. The sanding makes it look like its trying to be something its not if you know what I mean? The rough bits is just patina and looks as it should imho. The whole idea of ratty for me is not caring about its appearance and by artificially messing with it you obviously do.

As for the cases I just personally think its trying too hard, like the sanding, along with all the other old retro kit that people put on them. Jerry cans, bikes, radios, hampers etc etc.

Just my opinion though mate and I actually like the look of your car. I think its the stance and wheels that does it for me. If it was mine I would keep the roofrack as there is just something about them, bit Beetle though but cool nevertheless.

My real pet hate is brand new Polo's with sanded bonnets on Euro look cars?? Whats that all about!
Old 15-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Kieron

Oh and what deck is on the roof BTW? Not a retro one is it??