General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: Where should the plasma go....
Mount on Green Wall
60.00%
Mount on Phone Wall
40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions Please......New Lounge Layout

Search this Thread

Old 28-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee_R21Turbo
Chop - no mate - only a mile down the road - new place is MUCH bigger, garage, conservatory etc!! They'll always be room should you wish to visit dude!

Actually just purchased a couple of cream leather sofas off fleabay! LOL! Not sure whether to have the 2 seater on the radiator wall or the opposite side effectively splitting the room!!

nice one mate cheers! i might need a stop off on the way to anfield. i intend going more this year! in fact i was at the lazio friendly a couple weeks back. I was gonna shout you but had the wife and 2 kids so thought i'd spare you
Old 28-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its ok....ur missus could of jumped in with me & you could of kipped in the X5 with the kids!!!
Old 28-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Lee_R21Turbo
Its ok....ur missus could of jumped in with me & you could of kipped in the X5 with the kids!!!

tosser

although the X5 was in for its lpg conversion so we had to take her dads 206 which was sooooooooo cramped but slightly bigger than my maxo
my fucking legs were so sore after that trip i tell you an it was down and up in 1 day

but if its mrs swap your after then so long as your with the same bird then i'm game
Old 28-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

PMSL....did you need to open the sunroof to fit in it??

Nope - aint been with her for well over a year now mate!!!
Old 28-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

oh! well pics of the new model then please! and dont post pics of shorty
Old 28-08-2008, 09:30 AM
RsDarren
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Location: Dewsbury, The parts were they don't abduct their own children!

Looking at it I would vote for the phone wall.

Reasons being if you had the sofa along the phone wall you my block the door opening correctly with it in that position and you may have issues with drafts from the doors? Plus as others have said it will break the room up nicely if you have the dining table (a must in my opinion) near the patio doors. Also I think it may look a little lost on the bigger wall?

I know there is an issue with the blocking of the radiator, as lambchop quite rightly said, but as long as the sofa is not pushed up tight to the radiator then you will still get circulation. Granted it wont be 100% but you will still feel the effects. I have this problem at my house and to be fair not had much of a problem?

What room does the phone wall back on to? I was thinking that it would look good if you could go back entry through the wall with all of the cables etc, and connect up all of your set top boxes etc in a cabinet in the room behind? eg, kitchen cabinet?

Then the wall will have the clean look, and before anyone says, you can buy sensors that you can fix to the tv so that you wont have to go into the kitchen to change channel! ha

Just be mindfull aslo that you may need a door stop on the entry door as you don't want to have someone barge into the room and swing the door open onto you new 42" tv! ha
Old 28-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chop - young(ish), free & single atm....hence wanting a go on ur missus!! PMSL!!

Darren - yes I know what you're saying - but I could have the 2 seater on either side of the 3 seater so might not need 2 block the rad. Behind the cream wall is the bathroom so no chance of me hiding stuff in there!! LOL! Another good point though is that my speakers will be against that wall rather than on the other wall which connects me to next door - less chance of complaints on noise & bass thuds if I crank it up a little. I would mount the telly inbetween the two doors on the phone wall anyway so the door would never go near it.
Old 28-08-2008, 12:07 PM
joffy
SLOW LEARNER

not bothered but that wallpaper needs to go