General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mad mile tonight

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Dave aka Mad Yum
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes l have but do like to read now and then just thought would post to put my figures right over yum

Also just looked at the terminal and it was 128mph and did a 11.9 at the pod

Ps will only post when l need to and this post did need it as l would not like YUM compaired to JB'S car at the end of the day its over a second faster at the 1/4 and 8mph faster

And it was not stripped out, full road car with head gasket problems and running super unleaded

Anyway thats me cheers
Old 12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Originally Posted by Trident
Yes l have but do like to read now and then just thought would post to put my figures right over yum

Also just looked at the terminal and it was 128mph and did a 11.9 at the pod

Ps will only post when l need to and this post did need it as l would not like YUM compaired to JB'S car at the end of the day its over a second faster at the 1/4 and 8mph faster

And it was not stripped out, full road car with head gasket problems and running super unleaded

Anyway thats me cheers
Dave,

Please post the timing slip up if it's too hand !!

Yep, see it do the 11.9 & was quite impressed, but considering it has 4wd, I would of expected a bit more. Fair play for givin it a go tho !!

I was expectin more from mine too, but something happened on EVERY bloody run !! Was jus hopin for a 12 & 120+ terminal, 2 13 deads & 119mph termial was close tho !! lol

I was 99% sure I see a 121 terminal tho !! and your sig showed 121 also. Surely if you did 128 your's put that ?? I know you must of checked to get the times in the 1st place ?? (think it had pod in brackets too didn't it ??

Don't like your car bein compared to another car ??

Helen managed a 119mph terminal didn't she ?? And you was quoting to EVERYONE on the day it was 660hp, so "assumed" it was runnin the race fuel + the fact you towed it up there !! Don't remember seein trim in there, let alone a bass box, thought it was still the same from the Daddy thrash & your feature !! Was box you got in the boot ?? Thought you sold it all ??

jb

P.s. Cheers for the comments from everyone else !! Figures arn't too important to me, jus wanna have fun in the car !! But will look at stickin her on TOTD's rollers jus for you guys !!

jb

Last edited by jb fletch; 12-08-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

or should I say Trident (Fromerly known as MAD YUM)
Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Dave aka Mad Yum

Originally Posted by jb fletch
Dave,

Please post the timing slip up if it's too hand !!

Yep, see it do the 11.9 & was quite impressed, but considering it has 4wd, I would of expected a bit more. Fair play for givin it a go tho !!

I was expectin more from mine too, but something happened on EVERY bloody run !! Was jus hopin for a 12 & 120+ terminal, 2 13 deads & 119mph termial was close tho !! lol

I was 99% sure I see a 121 terminal tho !! and your sig showed 121 also. Surely if you did 128 your's put that ?? I know you must of checked to get the times in the 1st place ?? (think it had pod in brackets too didn't it ??

Don't like your car bein compared to another car ??

Helen managed a 119mph terminal didn't she ?? And you was quoting to EVERYONE on the day it was 660hp, so "assumed" it was runnin the race fuel + the fact you towed it up there !! Don't remember seein trim in there, let alone a bass box, thought it was still the same from the Daddy thrash & your feature !! Was box you got in the boot ?? Thought you sold it all ??

jb

P.s. Cheers for the comments from everyone else !! Figures arn't too important to me, jus wanna have fun in the car !! But will look at stickin her on TOTD's rollers jus for you guys !!

jb

John the engine was running on a block that had it so there was no way it had 630 on pump on the day.

The dyno it did 630 pump and 660 race but as l say that was not running that on the day and was on super unleaded.

I ran 3 time and their is a terminal on one of the slips at 128mph, the figures on my old sig was 11.68 @ 121.63 which l did at brunters.

My car is neally a second and half quicker in the quarter mile. and that was running no more than 550bhp i reckon.

As for the trim im sure their is someone on here that will post a picture of it at central day with the trim in it and no l didnt get rid of all the hi fi still have a base box in the boot.

Regards the trailor, Ollie used my trailor to get their so helen drove it their and the sat night l leaved the jeep and the trailor with Dingy as we drove YUM to the hotel and back on the Sunday morning.

When people ask me my power l do quote 660 as that whats it seen, shame while l had it working l didnt get it on the rollers.

Hopefully thats cleared that up
Old 12-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by MadRod
JB's Cossie wont have 500bhp unless its set up perfectly, its way off, safe but wayoff. Prob is very few cossies have the power they quote only way is against the clock im afraid. All cossies over 400bhp feel fast, but perhaps you guys need to come out in a really fast one. If that skiline had a real 700bhp it would have left jb for dead none of this you held him for a bit sounds like a double bullshit race to me. Sorry JB your car aint that fast, but the way you drive it people think it is..
Pull your head out of your arse. How the fuck can you say his car isn't fast? Sorry rod, your car is slow. Go out in a jet car and then tell me what is fast.

Go'way you fucking arse hole.

Benni.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Wiina
Banned

oh dear
Old 12-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
Pull your head out of your arse. How the fuck can you say his car isn't fast? Sorry rod, your car is slow. Go out in a jet car and then tell me what is fast.

Go'way you fucking arse hole.

Benni.
Fucking hell Benni have you just been nasty to someone
Old 12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Okay, cool cool bout the trailor jus thought you used it cos you wanted to save the race fuel !! My bad, I was wrong !

So on full power you run a 11.68 @ 121 @ Brunters when it WAS runnin full power ?? Cooooooooooooooool !!

(in general you "usually" run quicker @ Brunters than at pod, mainly cos the positioning of the timing beams & the fact it's up hill)

When Helen mentions pod & drivin your car up there she always states how she done well (which she did ) launchin "YUM" with 660hp !?!? You can see where I got mixed up !!

I didn't hear any complaints bout power on the day tho, jus bout traction problems

Funny how this only gets mentioned now !?!?

How do you know you had 550hp ?? might of been more, might of been less, like me your makin an educated guess goin from experience & feel of the car !!

Shame you & me never got that grudge match up @ Brunters we always spoke about, would of been a propa giggle !!

Would of been a race to see who's blew up 1st tho !!

Still like to see the timing slips tho, all 3 if thats alright & as you said you got em to hand, jus take a quick pic on ya phone or if you got a camera handy ??

Or bring em to the essex meet tonight if your goin ??

PMSL @ Benni , chill tho man, Rod is a top fella 99% of the time so must have his reasons for postin what he did !!

Look forward to seein the timin slips when I get in to work 2moz !!

jb

Last edited by jb fletch; 12-08-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Ricky rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Blooody hell!!!!!

I only read this post yesterday, and i read it today and its jus gone WELL over the top

Im a little bit confussed to how this started out to be a honest conversation to how jb got spanked by a skyline (sorry m8) to were it is at now.
To be fair jb's car is fukin quick, and it might not be 500 horses excatly, but at the end of the day, he nows it and i fink evrey1 else nows it, he dont care and hill keep on trying...........Fair play
Old 12-08-2008, 06:31 PM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Originally Posted by Ricky rs
Blooody hell!!!!!

I only read this post yesterday, and i read it today and its jus gone WELL over the top

Im a little bit confussed to how this started out to be a honest conversation to how jb got spanked by a skyline (sorry m8) to were it is at now.
To be fair jb's car is fukin quick, and it might not be 500 horses excatly, but at the end of the day, he nows it and i fink evrey1 else nows it, he dont care and hill keep on trying...........Fair play
Cheers Rick I was tryin to get away from the fact I got whoooped !!

Have you seen the vid yet ?? Oh dear

Cheers tho for everything else ya said, even tho I think your a c**t

You out on Thursday ??

jb
Old 12-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Ricky rs

No worries m8 anytime

Yeah m8, if its guna be anything like last week then iv gota attend this week

And yes iv seen the vid....................you done alrite lol
Old 12-08-2008, 06:49 PM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Originally Posted by Ricky rs
No worries m8 anytime

And yes iv seen the vid....................you done alrite lol
Pi** takin f**ker !!

jb
Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Ricky rs

lol

Are you going essex meet, cause if you are i might take a blat down der ??
Old 12-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Dave aka Mad Yum

Originally Posted by jb fletch
Okay, cool cool bout the trailor jus thought you used it cos you wanted to save the race fuel !! My bad, I was wrong !

So on full power you run a 11.68 @ 121 @ Brunters when it WAS runnin full power ?? Cooooooooooooooool !!

(in general you "usually" run quicker @ Brunters than at pod, mainly cos the positioning of the timing beams & the fact it's up hill)

When Helen mentions pod & drivin your car up there she always states how she done well (which she did ) launchin "YUM" with 660hp !?!? You can see where I got mixed up !!

I didn't hear any complaints bout power on the day tho, jus bout traction problems

Funny how this only gets mentioned now !?!?

How do you know you had 550hp ?? might of been more, might of been less, like me your makin an educated guess goin from experience & feel of the car !!

Shame you & me never got that grudge match up @ Brunters we always spoke about, would of been a propa giggle !!

Would of been a race to see who's blew up 1st tho !!

Still like to see the timing slips tho, all 3 if thats alright & as you said you got em to hand, jus take a quick pic on ya phone or if you got a camera handy ??

jb
John, l will find the slips and post them, you didnt hear about any problems on the day? Strange that thought that all had heard that Santa Pod would not let me run any more due to water coming out of header tank and oil out the breather so yes a big problem.

So yes l did have problems as you can see,

At brunters l was running F1,s so my traction was crap and was running super unleaded at that point and only used race fuel for top speed stuff, at santa pod was running 888 so l should of seen a better time. And yes l was guessing what power it was down to but when the engine got pulled apart you could see the problem so was down on horse power.

Have spoken to Mark and we think that the problem started back when we had it dyno'ed and it just got worse
Old 14-08-2008, 03:18 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Any thing happening tonight?
Old 14-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

i was just about to ask the same question
Old 14-08-2008, 03:30 PM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Yep

Pm coming your way boys

jb
Old 14-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Im off to somerset, so wont be there myself, but fire that PM at Paul as well please Fletch (Username: RST_IN_PROGRESS)

Have fun everyone
Old 14-08-2008, 03:35 PM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Originally Posted by Chip
Im off to somerset, so wont be there myself, but fire that PM at Paul as well please Fletch (Username: RST_IN_PROGRESS)

Have fun everyone
Already done !!

Chat soon Chip !!
Old 14-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

see you later then
Old 14-08-2008, 04:08 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers jb, hope to be there later if si comes along
Old 14-08-2008, 04:11 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Might see you all later.
Old 14-08-2008, 04:15 PM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Weather lookin promising (crosses fingers )

jb
Old 14-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Ricky rs

yeah keep them fingers crossed peps, sounds like its gunna be a good 1 2nite

I hope my driver done back out cause its wet