General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Why is overtaking so frowned upon :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008 | 05:52 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by focuschivvy
oh god here we go again what else to call them? asians?
it doesnt bother me in the slightest either but from your point of view theres been folk banned recently for the same sort of thing.
Old 02-08-2008 | 05:55 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

lets face it. 99% of the time youll overtake a car doing thats doing 40 in a 60,youll look over to give them a dirty look, and itll be an old biddy that can hardly see over the steering wheel, or diahatsu with at least 11 Asian persuasion crammed in there. get them off the fucking road. IDIOTS
dihatsu?

you mut be thinking about nissan sunnys mate
Old 02-08-2008 | 06:02 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

nissan primera's are the chosen for them
polish hoard all the audi a4/a6 and passats
greek type tend to buy the calibras/honda civics
oriental seem to like big bmw's if not in a jap perf car

i work in an accessorie shop so i see the trends
Old 02-08-2008 | 06:03 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We all drive at the correct speed, so anyone we overtake is a slow cunt, anyone who overtakes us is a crazy cunt...
Old 02-08-2008 | 07:25 PM
focuschivvy
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by dojj
dihatsu?

you mut be thinking about nissan sunnys mate

whatever dojj, just outta interest, dont answer if you dont wanna, but what words do you find insulting?
Old 02-08-2008 | 07:41 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

whatever dojj, just outta interest, dont answer if you dont wanna, but what words do you find insulting?
cunt maybe one!
Old 02-08-2008 | 07:57 PM
focuschivvy
Advanced PassionFord User

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:47 PM
Matt Tenpenny
also known as mini idiot

Originally Posted by AlexF
SImple sloution - brake test the fuckers!!

its because of cunts like you that i ended up in hospital with a broken back
Old 02-08-2008 | 08:52 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Matt Tenpenny
What happened?

Benni.
Old 02-08-2008 | 08:59 PM
Matt Tenpenny
also known as mini idiot

some nob end in a flashy merc was almost pushing me up a hill on a duel carridge way. i was over taking slower cars and my old derv was doin atleast 75 and obveusly wasnt fast enough for mr merc guy. so he flashed me and told me to move but i couldnt as i was flat out.

well after i got passed the the cr at the front of the cue, the merc over took me and brake check me

i swearved to miss him and got into a 'tank slapper'.ended up down a ditch at a good 65mph and hit varius objects.

i was in hospital a month,not a llowed to move.im on the mend now but still in a bit of pain.

so when someone brags about brake checking someone.id like to meet them and stab them in the back with a screwdriver just so they know what type of pain it can cause
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:00 PM
Kop2381
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Totally agree mate there the worst cunts on the road theyre usually twating around at a shit speed then when they see you comeing up behind them ready to pass them they slam on first class fucking wankers IMO
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:05 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

That's not good at all. Can I ask did anything happen to the Mercedes driver?

Benni.
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:07 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

i'd post a video up of me overtalking on the M25, but i think i would get banned from driving in th uk pmsl
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:11 PM
Matt Tenpenny
also known as mini idiot

he didnt stop to see the consiqences of his actions and unfortunatly for me knowone managed to get his reg as it happened so quickly.

i believe what goes around comes around. so he might wanna drive abit more sensibly in the near future.

because of him,i couldnt cuddle my 18 month old son for a month,nearly lost my job and my house as i wanst getting any sick pay.

so if anyone ever brake checks me again,i have absolutly no problem in slamming into the rear of their car with out even braking.
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:18 PM
Matt Tenpenny
also known as mini idiot

on the flip side of it,if im at the back of slow moving traffic and i see someone comin up behined me doin mach10, if i can ill move over to let them do a fly by or if i carnt move ill rest my foot on the brake pedal to let them know that im goin slow
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:40 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
Think yourself lucky, Jim. People think I'm a cunt in the porsche even before I pass them! ROFOL!

JJ

That sounds very familiar, they give up trying to out accelerate you at 150mph + lol

Mike
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:45 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What l would say is that i regually drive in different countrys in Europe and have always found the Germans to be the best behaved drivers with out a doubt they pull straight over,

In Belgium l was driving my Evo with the misses, there was 10miles open road in front not a thing in sight 2 lanes and 2 cars side by side observing the speed limit, thats fine, l dont want to observe the speed limit after appeassing the misses with flashing them pulling back and coming up again l went on to the hard shoulder and past them , it blows my mind how they can not see you or move fuck wits

It is not up to law abiding citizen to control weather l am going to go over the speed limit

Mike
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:49 PM
Kop2381
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Captain Mike
What l would say is that i regually drive in different countrys in Europe and have always found the Germans to be the best behaved drivers with out a doubt they pull straight over,

In Belgium l was driving my Evo with the misses, there was 10miles open road in front not a thing in sight 2 lanes and 2 cars side by side observing the speed limit, thats fine, l dont want to observe the speed limit after appeassing the misses with flashing them pulling back and coming up again l went on to the hard shoulder and past them , it blows my mind how they can not see you or move fuck wits

It is not up to law abiding citizen to control weather l am going to go over the speed limit

Mike

What a knob IMO
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:50 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Who ?

Mike
Old 05-08-2008 | 12:47 PM
dojj

i've done the same thing in the past
3 artics decides that they were going to drive at 1 mph along the road 3 miles before the roadworks
so after sitting beihnd them for about 20 miniutes i fooked off onto the hard shoulder and carrie don my way

just because "you" have decided that you are going to sit in the traffic when there are 2 empty lanes you can use, don't expect me to do the same

would you do the same at a supermarket checkout? and joins the queue that's the longest just bcause everyone else has?
like fuck you would, you'd be jumping onto the next empty till as soon as it was spotted

there aren't enough words ending in "tard" that describes these people, retartd, fucktard, custard, mongtard, whatever else you wish to use in front of it
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:10 PM
ScORTED
Project Money Pit

Originally Posted by rapidcossie
I drive around all day in a van limited to 70mph.

On the motorway I often find that Im the fastest moving vehicle!

thats because your driving a van, and being limited to 70 i bet your fooking glued to it al day long

Last edited by ScORTED; 05-08-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:14 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

dojjTARD
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:26 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Mitsy FQ
dojjTARD

5 points for originality
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:32 PM
ScORTED
Project Money Pit

some nob end in a flashy merc was almost pushing me up a hill on a duel carridge way. i was over taking slower cars and my old derv was doin atleast 75 and obveusly wasnt fast enough for mr merc guy. so he flashed me and told me to move but i couldnt as i was flat out.

well after i got passed the the cr at the front of the cue, the merc over took me and brake check me

i swearved to miss him and got into a 'tank slapper'.ended up down a ditch at a good 65mph and hit varius objects.

i was in hospital a month,not a llowed to move.im on the mend now but still in a bit of pain.

so when someone brags about brake checking someone.id like to meet them and stab them in the back with a screwdriver just so they know what type of pain it can cause
moral of the story... your in banger, someone brake checks you... ram the fcukers...
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:42 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
lane discipline on motorways pissesme off too, i agree with stu@msd that it should be illegal to let yourself get undertaken.

if i can undertake you, you were driving in the WRONG LANE
No not this motorway middle lane problem. Sorry Jim, it's YOU who have the problem. The inside lane on most motorways is like a dirt track, bumpy and tramlines like mad. I almost never drive in the inside lane on a motorway, if anyone "undertakes" me good for them. I'll happily undertake any cunt. Overtaking both sides is safe.
Old 05-08-2008 | 01:48 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

turboshed, i'm normally talking about people hogging the fast lane, not the middle. at least you can pass the fuckers who middle lane hog
Old 05-08-2008 | 02:14 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

if i can undertake you, you were driving in the WRONG LANE
A-FUCKING-MEN! Thank fuck someone else feels the same way! Lane discipline in the country is fucking horrendous!
Old 05-08-2008 | 02:18 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by TurboShed
No not this motorway middle lane problem. Sorry Jim, it's YOU who have the problem. The inside lane on most motorways is like a dirt track, bumpy and tramlines like mad. I almost never drive in the inside lane on a motorway, if anyone "undertakes" me good for them. I'll happily undertake any cunt. Overtaking both sides is safe.
Funny, I drive on motorways everyday and don't notice this problem? Simple fact of the matter is this - the lane you should be in on a motorway is the far left, or inside, lane, UNLESS you are overtaking someone else. It does not say in the Highway Code "you must be in the inside lane on a motorway unless overtaking someone else or you think the road surface isn't to your particular liking"

Middle lane hoggers are as bad as the outside lane hoggers. And the sooner people get it into their heads that there is no such thing as a "fast" lane, or a "slow" or "lorry" lane, then the better the flow of traffic will be in this country.

I had a pal at school who's grandad used to drive us about, and he was convinced that the speed limits for motorways were 50 in the inside lane, 60 in the middle and 70 in the outside lane. He'd drive along the inside at 50, overtake a lorry and speed up to 60, then slow down again to 50 when he went back in the inside lane again!
Old 05-08-2008 | 07:15 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

i personally think we need to be able to under take and over take legally.like the americans.
i can do it fine and still keep my eyes around me and be aware of who's where.
Old 05-08-2008 | 07:37 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The problem is these people who hog lanes and have no lane discipline, are actually totally unaware of whats behind them. When im driving i know exactly whose behind me and whose behind them. Thats the difference between being an aware and considerate driver. If i see a car flying up behind me ill make sure they can get past me without making them slow down or changing direction. If everyone drove with consideration and awareness they'd be far less congestion and road rage on the road.

I also think we should have minimum speed limits on the motorway. There is no reason why cars cant drive at 70mph on the motorway. I just cant understand how and why people drive at 50-65 on a bloody motorway. Its bloody dangerous! Anyone who is that nervous and scared to go 70+ should not have a licence as they are an accident waiting to happen, or at least the potential is there to cause someone else to have one.

And whats all this about the inside lane being torn up with a crap surface? Sorry but i drive all day and nearly everyday on the motorways and ive only ever come across this a couple of times, so thats a poor excuse.

The main reason for it, is LAZINESS and the 'fuck everyone else' attitude!!!

Last edited by S1rst; 05-08-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2008 | 07:43 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by S1rst

These 40 mph drivers in NSL REALLy do my head in when they get to a 30mph village and continue at 40mph though! thats just totally and utterly ridiculous and just shows zero awareness!
yeh thats what buggs me tne one who do 40- 50 everywhere, be it past a school or on the motorway.

its as if the drivers have absolutle no awarness or concept of speed.
Old 05-08-2008 | 07:54 PM
garrybhoy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by blacky.
thats not the best thing to be saying is it
Now here's a classic example of how fucked up this country really is...u can call a BMW driver all the knobs dicks wanks cunts etc etc but once just once say the pakki word and the whole fuckin place is in an uproar....makes me sick to my stomach!!!!
Old 05-08-2008 | 10:07 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

why, cant you tell the difference between racial abuse and just normal abuse

it's not rocket science to understand is it
Old 05-08-2008 | 11:59 PM
garrybhoy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

why, cant you tell the difference between racial abuse and just normal abuse

it's not rocket science to understand is it
nah, just abuse should be abuse without havin to pull the racist card every 2 minutes

and i aint a racist....I hate every fooker equally
Old 06-08-2008 | 07:56 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

please explain how calling someone a pakki, nigger, wog etc. isn't racist, how is that someone "playing the racist card"

explain, i must be missing something, really
Old 06-08-2008 | 08:43 AM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

another thing that annoys me is when a car is stationary in the middle of the road and waiting to turn right (but there will be a long wait to due alot of oncoming traffic) why is it that so many people refuse to drive around them on the LH side when there is acres of room to do so?

they will quite happily just sit there like lemons, waiting behind the stationary car as if it is blocking the entire width of the road.