General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

WTF is it with BMW drivers and their tax dic holders??!?!!!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
fucking hell, another riveting, pointless, mong post by thrush. The title of this thread needs to be changed to "WTF is with thursh and his anal threads, all comments welcome"
Funny as!

Originally Posted by Porkie
If the owners are not there. I would suggest being extra careful and leaving the remains of the holder if you do break it along with a short apology note explaining what happened and maybe a personal contact number?
Seems like a sensible thing to do. The general public are mongs, but you've got to be prepared for that working with them, if you don't like it then change your job.
I suspect its not so much the holder you've fitted, but the fact the old one isn't there, and they haven't got an explanation why. Probably think its policy to replace them with your one.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by DaveZS
I suspect its not so much the holder you've fitted, but the fact the old one isn't there, and they haven't got an explanation why. Probably think its policy to replace them with your one.

You mate, clearly have a brain and and understand shit
Old 01-08-2008, 11:10 AM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

1st of August today, just put my new tax in my dealer tax disk holder

...and it didnt rip
Old 01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by topaz

...and it didnt rip

now, let's party!!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveZS
I do wish that when people decide to impart valuable knowledge they READ the post. I do explain to them.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
fucking hell, another riveting, pointless, mong post by thrush. The title of this thread needs to be changed to "WTF is with thursh and his anal threads, all comments welcome"
Bite me You're still posting tho, can't help yourself? And I'm glad to see my threads are riveting
Old 01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Trist
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by topaz

...and it didnt rip
But did you remove it from the screen or just open the slot at the back?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Originally Posted by Thrush
I do wish that when people decide to impart valuable knowledge they READ the post. I do explain to them.
No, you explain to the person who is there, NOT the person who owns that car. What is the point explaining when someone is ringing up to complain, when you can explain BEFORE they ring up TO THE ACTUAL PERSON WHO OWNS THE CAR which may mean they won't ring you up in the first place!

the owner had been on the phone asking why she has a new tax disc holder
If she had of been left a note, maybe should wouldn't have rung up to complain in the first place as she would know where the holder was

I had her mother inspect the car, explained how long it should be left to sit before driving, how long before to remove the tape from it, and that I replaced the tax disc holder. Her mother, satisfied it's a good job, signed for it.

Next day daughter rins up asking for her tax disc holder back Also tells my office that the tape has peeled the lacquer off her car. Turns out it hadn't, she had left it overnight and it had left residue behind, even tho when I said to the mother to leave it a couple hours, and she replied "we'll take it off in the morning" to which I replied "no, don't do that, take it off today, as it will leave sticky residue behind if you leave it till tomorrow", she STILL left it on overnight and STILL rang up and complained!
Im guessing that the mother didn't pass on the information... Hence the woman not knowing where the holder was, see point 1 , and also not knowing when to remove that tape (even more so as the mother suggested she would take it off in the morning )

I explain to them WHY I have to give them a new holder and then I GIVE them a new holder? I already do this (as explained in post #43)
No, you explained to the womans mother. Again, see point 2 , the mother might not have passed on all the information.

So what else do you suggest I do? I'm genuinely interested
Seriously, if the public have the power to piss you off over a tax disc holder then change your job

I ALWAYS tell them after, even if it's not their car.
Once again, just because you tell the person that is there, you don't know that they are going to relay all of the information.

As porkie said, if you left a note to the person who actually owned a car, not only does it look more professional and courteous, i think it really would solve your problem of people ringing up to ask where the holder is, which then leads to them complaining.