General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Work for your dole money.....about bloody time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22-07-2008, 01:35 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt J
I left work exactly a year ago and haven't worked properly since, and no before you ask I'm not on benefits of any sort
having a mental illness and being stupid are 2 different things Matt. you should be claiming benefits, you worked for a long time and deserve some pay back. get it sorted mate. like i said, jobseekers allowance is nearly £60 a week which is better than nothing.
Old 22-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your the same as me. i started work an hr after i finished my last GCSE exam and carried on from then onwards. i used to be in work hanging out my arse or not from a night before or whatever reason. i always worked as much as i could. it was only when i changed jobs and the panic attacks etc got a hold on me i started missing days which i then lost my job.

seriously though fella. dont make life harder than it already is. you know as i know its a struggle. its not being defeatist claiming something cause you have worked since u left school. you know as well as i do if you become aok again you will get your arse back off to work cause living the way we do is a nightmare more than people know. seriously even if its a only a few quid its worth getting to help you out which you DESERVE! why avoid something to help you relax and not have something to worry about. seriously dont feel ashamed. i feel a pikey for taking state money i know what you mean. but why should you feel bad you have an illness right now. but at this moment in time i need it so you should too. you paid your way before and for everyone else so get something back for once. i get fuck all anyway but it helps towards my bills.

go for it and reduce the stress mate

Last edited by Diamonds.; 22-07-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 22-07-2008, 04:04 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

listen to rob, matt. i claim jobseekers allowance and it is a miserable hour every 2 weeks going down the job centre and being treated like an idiot. i don't want to work for a bit so have not really looked for a job, but they have not given me the slightest bit of help or encouragement. they just treat you like a moron, but then you can't wonder at it when you see some of the people in there and how they talk to the staff. but i am entitled to the benefit and have paid my tax and insurance for long enough so i have it. it's not a case of feeling either proud or ashamed of it, it's just how the situation is.

please go and sign on tomorrow mate. it needn't be a barrier and it's not like you're giving up. it is just something to tide you over until you get the next job and is something that you have earned and deserve. it is a positive step into getting things sorted out and on the right track imo, something that is helping yourself to what you are entitled to not a backward step.
Old 22-07-2008, 04:59 PM
PhilM
PassionBMW.com Member

Amazing that this thread has gone from "Work For your Dole Money - about bloody time!!!" with a load of people thinking its a great idea. To how it is now; people being encouraged to sign on by someone who claims jobseekers and admits he doesn't want to work for a bit.

Typical PF
Old 22-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

just the whole point of if its a genuine claim then you should. things are too expensive not to ask for help at this moment in time.
Old 22-07-2008, 06:16 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Originally Posted by Diamonds
just the whole point of if its a genuine claim then you should.
quite right

ironic from me saying it when jobseekers allowance is supposed to be paid to those actively seeking work and i have admitted that i'm not too fussed if i get work or not (although have made applications and attended interviews and all the other duties necessary for me to qualify for it - not that i have to justify to anybody on here)
Old 22-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only issue with this i see is that there are companys NOW that take on the ones who have been on the dole for over 3 years and have to do free work for the bigger companys FOC like this idea has,,,,, now these companys are taking staff on FOC,,,, getting them for 3 months to intrduce them to work,,,,, then after that sending them BACK to the job centre to sign on,,,, these companys are getting FREE labour,,,,, so WHY would they NEED to employ people when they get given a endless supply of expendable labour

i know a bloke whos done it as was told they was gonna RENEW hes free time for another 3 months,,,, then when he said " no need mate ive been offered a job " they THEN offered to employ him !!!!

so this is the issue that will happen,,,, LESS jobs available due to these free loaders,,,, getting paied LESS than min wage,,,,,, to work for a BIG company,,,,, aint that sort of slave labour no ????
Old 23-07-2008, 10:23 AM
blahblahcarsblah
Advanced PassionFord User

Matt J you do know that there is a difference between contribution-based JSA and income based JSA?

If you have worked for long enough to pay your Nat. Ins. Contributions the first 6 months of JSA is money paid back to you. If you are out of work for longer then 6 months thats when it switches over. You are only claiming back what you have already paid for.
Old 23-07-2008, 10:59 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

all the more reason to get down your local job centre and get the process started - although you will not get anything back dated
Old 23-07-2008, 11:53 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

[quote=

Last edited by skeg; 26-07-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 23-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i once claimed off the dole,,,, im with foreignRS here,,,, i tried to look for work,, wanted to do courses but i needed to be out of work FOR A YEAR to be considered,,,, they wasnt intersted in helping me and sugested anything that came on the screen,,, wasnt me so let me sign and off i went

though tbh i stopped signing on as i HATED mixing with them pikeys in there,,,,, if they had a 1st class or upper non working class building i would have signed on for longer but the pricks you see down there are a fucking joke at my local

though this is one this i HAVE to thank dancossie for,, he sorted me out a temp job when i was signing on and got me in the car game and now i just about manage to scrape a living by working ( ), if it wasnt for him i might still be signing on

though for money i was looked after anyway,,, XRT-Si offered me some work on hes car to pay the morgage that month ect ect ect with other members on here and i wont forget them who helped me and my family out over that time

just thought i would add a deep moment to this topic of negative vibes !!!
Old 23-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my sisters boy freind doesnt work now he cant get another job because all the bloody polish are comming here very fast and taking our jobs because thay work for £2 less an hour, not everyone gets a chance for a job these days but yes i do agree thay are some lazy t**ts out there..

my sisters boyfreind was in the garden last week i said to him isnt it time you got a job yet and his reply was why bother looking im only £15 a week better of working ...

to me thats a bloody good comment
Old 23-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate you aint even that tbh,,,,, im better off now as i earn a fair wage

but when i was signing on i was earning MORE money than when i was working at halfords for 12k a year........ seriously work that one out !!!

now i earn 12500 a year and i manage to get by
Old 24-07-2008, 08:40 AM
blahblahcarsblah

The problem is that people get stuck, they say 'I would be getting the same money so why should I?' Well the answer to that is because you should earn your own money not take it for nothing. Just because it would only make you a few quid better off is not a reason to not get a job. Plus if you aren't working you don't have the chance to get a pay rise/ promotion so the money given to you will never go up.
Old 24-07-2008, 08:43 AM
alistairolsen

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blahblahcarsblah
The problem is that people get stuck, they say 'I would be getting the same money so why should I?' Well the answer to that is because you should earn your own money not take it for nothing. Just because it would only make you a few quid better off is not a reason to not get a job. Plus if you aren't working you don't have the chance to get a pay rise/ promotion so the money given to you will never go up.
Nail, Head, sadly nowadays very few people are brought up with enough morals to recognise this however, to them money is money and fuck everyone else.