General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Work for your dole money.....about bloody time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21-07-2008, 11:24 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Work for your dole money.....about bloody time!!!

Just read this article, this is something that I'm sure alot of people will agree with, and some not. Personally I think its a great idea in theory, i just hope it can be implemented. I think it's too easy for people to live off benefits and have no intention of ever getting a job. Before anyone jumps on their high horse, I have every bit of respect for people who are genuinely disabled and have predicaments where they caanot work/find a job.
I know three people who take the piss out of the system, i think its a joke tbh.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200...m-45dbed5.html
Old 21-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news
Old 21-07-2008, 11:28 AM
joel_winders
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

its only a proposal though, personally i doubt the day wil ever come !
Old 21-07-2008, 11:29 AM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

would be great to see this implemented, far too many freeloading cunts about nowadays
Old 21-07-2008, 11:30 AM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was a guy on the radio in oz the other day saying young able people that can work but don't should be made to do national service
Old 21-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

it will be the genuine people that get fucked and your find that the scummers will still some how get round it. IF it gets done.

its amazing how many people get fucked by people sitting behind a computer in Belfast cause things/options dont match up properly on the pc.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:31 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jumpin jack crash
far too many freeloading cunts about nowadays
PMSL thats what i wanted to say earlier but I though some people would find it too offensive!
Old 21-07-2008, 11:35 AM
alistairolsen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

1) good idea, been saying it should be done that way for a long time

2) LMAO at labour borrowing conservative proposals and trying to get them passed asap to make them look more attractive com election time! They can fucking whistle for my vote
Old 21-07-2008, 11:38 AM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

Originally Posted by rog
PMSL thats what i wanted to say earlier but I though some people would find it too offensive!
fuck em if they get offended, truth hurts i guess. i for one am sick of paying taxes for these cunts to get free accomodation etc...

ive never took dole money in my life when ive been out of work, that to me is the easy way out. ive just got on with looking for a new job and im sure others have done the same.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:44 AM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by alistairolsen
1) good idea, been saying it should be done that way for a long time

2) LMAO at labour borrowing conservative proposals and trying to get them passed asap to make them look more attractive com election time! They can fucking whistle for my vote
unfortunatly the majority of the uk won't see this and believe the labour tossers
Old 21-07-2008, 11:51 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

it's only a consultation at this stage, but hopefully something will get done.

they have just been talking about it on radio 2 and some do gooder says that making unemployment benefit people do those menial tasks is a punishment - no it's not you dopey cow, it's about people working for the money, not just expecting it
Old 21-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

fair enough if you carnt work cause there is something wrong with them. Im just sick of working my arse off to pay for my morgage and to run my cars. Ive thought many a time about jacking work in get my mrs up the duff then have loads of kids and claim benifits and get a council house.
Old 21-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Elwood

The plans are to be implemented by at least 2013?

Far too slow. It doesn't take all that time to change things.....just the parties paying lip service as usual.
Old 21-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Elwood
The plans are to be implemented by at least 2013?

Far too slow. It doesn't take all that time to change things.....just the parties paying lip service as usual.
it takes so long because it will take more effort than uping petrol prices by a few pence to re-coup their costs that way
Old 21-07-2008, 12:24 PM
joel_winders

Originally Posted by panelbeater
there was a guy on the radio in oz the other day saying young able people that can work but don't should be made to do national service
why should they be made to do national service ? thats not fair on the people who join the army for the right reasons ! TBH if i was on the front line in iraq i'd prefer to be on my own than with some doleites !
Old 21-07-2008, 12:30 PM
vinnyvangough
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by rog
Just read this article, this is something that I'm sure alot of people will agree with, and some not. Personally I think its a great idea in theory, i just hope it can be implemented. I think it's too easy for people to live off benefits and have no intention of ever getting a job. Before anyone jumps on their high horse, I have every bit of respect for people who are genuinely disabled and have predicaments where they caanot work/find a job.
I know three people who take the piss out of the system, i think its a joke tbh.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200...m-45dbed5.html
Only 3??? There is so many around here. All perfectly capable but just too easy to claim. Hope it does come in but we all know it never will. Just something else to get our vote. Not happening for me.
Old 21-07-2008, 12:33 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by glennshute
fair enough if you carnt work cause there is something wrong with them. Im just sick of working my arse off to pay for my morgage and to run my cars. Ive thought many a time about jacking work in get my mrs up the duff then have loads of kids and claim benifits and get a council house.

you probably talk but will never do it due to the fact your upbringing taught you self respect!

the problem is scum breeds scum at an alarming rate compared to the rest of us who pay for our kids with hard work.
Old 21-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Wont happen IMHO, but I hope im wrong on that as it is a great idea.

The problem is though, if you have one of these shitty dolescum single mums and she wont work, and you take her money away, her kids that she doesnt give a shit about but we as a society should do so, will suffer.

Something NEEDS to be done about it, but its going to be ridiculously difficult to actually implement!
Old 21-07-2008, 12:41 PM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by joel_winders
why should they be made to do national service ? thats not fair on the people who join the army for the right reasons ! TBH if i was on the front line in iraq i'd prefer to be on my own than with some doleites !
the idea being that the lazy bastaaards won't wan't to be in the army and get a job, and if they don't get a job joining the forces they will be tought diciplin and learn to work for what they want. can you see the bigger picture now...
Old 21-07-2008, 12:50 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Originally Posted by rog
I know three people who take the piss out of the system
have you reported them?
Old 21-07-2008, 12:57 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
have you reported them?
I can't report them as they do it legally...... in that they're always playing the system with the help of some mysterios overnight medical condition, which is backed up by their dimwit of a doctor.
Old 21-07-2008, 01:00 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

hopefully any new system will not involve their own gp, as is being proposed. but if you have any evidence of them doing hard labour in the garden or anything, you should report them.
Old 21-07-2008, 01:04 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

"Yep" been seeing this all morning on the news, I have not got anything against people who have a genuine illness that prevents them from work or they are having a bit of difficulty finding a job, they need the help, however its really a pisser when there is a certain majority people who can work but just don't want to and are plain and simply milking the system when we are out working our bollocks off paying for it

A lot of disabled people are in active employment and as a lot of you will know there are plenty of employment agencies out there, I have got a few jobs on a full time basis by temping through an agency, sometimes this is a lot easier than job hunting via other avenues so all this "I can't get work" bollocks on a week in week out storey is plain "cattles business"

Whitehall...........pull ya fucking finger out

Luciano
Old 21-07-2008, 01:12 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

Originally Posted by rog
I can't report them as they do it legally...... in that they're always playing the system with the help of some mysterios overnight medical condition, which is backed up by their dimwit of a doctor.

are you a doctor then ?

they are genuine people like this on a bad day they can not even get out of bed on a good day there out and about doing what they can

its all good saying stop peoples benefits etc but all that will happen is the crime rate will go up
Old 21-07-2008, 01:22 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by G2RSR
are you a doctor then ?

they are genuine people like this on a bad day they can not even get out of bed on a good day there out and about doing what they can

its all good saying stop peoples benefits etc but all that will happen is the crime rate will go up
No I'm not a fucking doctor, read the post, I know these people personally that I am talking about, and as stated above, I have nothing but respect for the GENUINE claimants!
Old 21-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Matt J
obviously this is just for people on Job seekers (dole) and not incapacity/disabilty allowance?

The question is though how much work should they be made to do for £40 a week?
£40 pounds a week, plus their tent paid, plus their pensions contribution paid, plus all the other shit they get, its NOT just 40 quid a week!
Old 21-07-2008, 01:35 PM
mitchrst

Originally Posted by Chip
£40 pounds a week, plus their tent paid, plus their pensions contribution paid, plus all the other shit they get, its NOT just 40 quid a week!

you get that in prison also roof paid for all your meals paid for ps2 and net access paid etc etc
Old 21-07-2008, 01:39 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok

although i agree to the dole dossers, i disagree for the people on icapaciaity benefits or income support due to mediacl reasons

tbh im on income support, i still live ta home and have been out of work for 4 years now due to illness

i have to go to have medicals when they ask just to see if my condition has improved slightly or not, most cases ive actually been worse as im up and down so regular its untrue

id love to go back to work i really would, and i have tried going back to work but my body just carnt take it and after a couple of months im seriously ill again and it really pisses me off

if it wasnt for my family i dont know what i would do

im trying to find a night job at the minute even if its just stacking sheleves at a supermarker, but i need to do something

unless you have kids etc, then the doll or social dont pay fuk all and there is no way on earth you could live off that on your own
Old 21-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Chip
Wont happen IMHO, but I hope im wrong on that as it is a great idea.
Agree, but I can see Human Rights Act getting in the way of it.... just watch. The shirkers will find some excuse.
Old 21-07-2008, 03:39 PM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

Exactly, will never happen unless we change as a nation...far to easy and far to forgiving........

Think of the possibilities though if this was implicated, i.e. lower council tax for one. However even if this system was introduced the benefits would never filter down to the honest person....us the tax payer!!!!

First decent idea that has been put forward for a long time, does it have the implications that the government may finally be waking up, how about suggesting lower taxes, cheaper petrol and free public transport. Also every friday should be compulsary for women to attend work starkers!!!!!!
Old 21-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Chip

If they try and implement it, sadly they will get it wrong, and we'll all end up paying MORE tax somehow, thats what always happens with seemingly good ideas, lol
Old 21-07-2008, 04:01 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

theres no reasons why this shouldnt be done . people that cant work at all wouldnt and shouldnt suffer, those that are incapacitated to a certain level should be matched to tasks or jobs that they are able to do, whether working from home behind a pc or whatever. those that are playing the system or refuse to work get fook all. if you dont want to be a part of society then you shouldnt expect society to owe you a living and pay your way . this country owes you nothing.
even if its just general labouring cleaning up the streets, gardening public areas, painting etc to tidy up their local areas its better than nothing.
junkies if not actively trying to stop or not on a methadone program to wean them off get fuck all. if that results in more crime build more prisons and lock them up. why should decent peopole have to put up with low life scum ruining local areas?
im all for it as youve probably guessed
Old 21-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

here's an interesting fact.

im most cases it's CHEAPER for a local authority to hire someone, than it is to pay them benefits.

ever wonder why sometimes you get people doing totally pointless jobs for the council that seem like a waste of tax payers money?
Old 21-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Crowder

i think they should bring back the food vouchers not only for imigrants but for scabing council trash too! Its like all these single slag mothers who do fuck all and get everthing paid for too. Just because they were easy and had a kid young without the ability to look after them VOUCHERS for all :P

Last edited by Crowder; 21-07-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 21-07-2008, 06:13 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
here's an interesting fact.

im most cases it's CHEAPER for a local authority to hire someone, than it is to pay them benefits.

ever wonder why sometimes you get people doing totally pointless jobs for the council that seem like a waste of tax payers money?
jobs for the boys , backhanders in little brown envelopes etc but mainly bad structuring mis management id expect.
if done properly without having to hire a complete new tier of managers to over see it there shouldnt be any reason why someone onnbenefits cant do the job cheaper than a sub contractor on 3 times the minimum wage.
Old 21-07-2008, 07:58 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Originally Posted by Matt J
Well I'm a single bloke so qualify for fuck all, if I was on the dole I'd get not much more than £40 and when you consider the price of food thats a good weekly shop on its own! I know they should be working but people make it sound like they're raking it in!!
you'd get jobseekers allowance matt, which is £58 or £59 something per week. more than 40, but not enough to live on that's for sure. but there are jobs out there for those who want/need to work
Old 21-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

fuzzy youre missing the point, they dont need to do a job, they only need to get paid a salary.

it's the costs involved in paying someone benefits and managing that thats expensive
Old 21-07-2008, 08:07 PM
rstel1

i agree with this, if they want money make em work

lazy bastards, and if they dont want to work put them in the army

Quick Reply: Work for your dole money.....about bloody time!!!