General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Council workers on strike tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 16-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GARETH T
rhys, just to piss you off, i got 16% on monday LOL
Not pissing me off mate, im not mad at anything was question. People think im taking grude on this. Im just the topic facilitator.

hey Gareth isnt the mint public sector? Is that pay rise or promotion though?
Old 16-07-2008, 08:29 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Thats why i said its selfish Matt....they just cant see the bigger picture and knock on effect!
I have just taken a pay cut!
Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that I would imagine most of the people who work in this area are not on mega wages anyway, and just want to be able to live in financial security rarther than on the edge every month, I wouldn't call it greed, more like need.
Old 16-07-2008, 08:31 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

Originally Posted by Matt J
maybe you think Vince Mcmahon should run the country?

well he is giving away a million dollars a week on raw

you can see why there asking for a pay rise as the cost of liing is increasing every week it seems. the problem is that loads of people have enjoyed having the extra credit thats been on offer for the past few years. the banks were giving money away and a lot probably havent paid off the fucking things either, its a vicious circle thats gonna get bigger and bigger over the next year or so.

i just pray my lotto numbers come up twice a week...
Old 16-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

I reckon Darling is gonna be Browns scapegoat, he will blame him for everything when it goes tits up even though he inherited a load of shit from Brown when he got the job, what a sap

I also think we've come too far down the road of borrowing for the situation to be fixed with the wave of a magic wand which people are hoping for. Maybe if the government had stepped in a few years ago when house prices were going ridiculous we wouldn't be in this mess, instead all they'll get is voted out and still be on a cushy number where as we'll be the ones to suffer, YET AGAIN.
Yep, i cant stand Brown. He has made so many mistakes down the line, and seems to have just jumped ship from the Treasury in the knick of time. Trouble is the borrow went on crazy and at the levels it was unstanible. Now because Brown has made massive spending commitments, not saving when times where good etc. They have zero room to move. Interesting times ahead, i just hope its not going to be as rocky as its potentially looking.
Old 16-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that I would imagine most of the people who work in this area are not on mega wages anyway, and just want to be able to live in financial security rarther than on the edge every month, I wouldn't call it greed, more like need.
Never said it was greed mate, selfish. Tighten the belts and stop keeping up with the jones' next door would sort 90% of folk out!

Our lass is in the public sector dont forget so im not voicing as an outsider!
Old 16-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I reckon Darling is gonna be Browns scapegoat, he will blame him for everything when it goes tits up even though he inherited a load of shit from Brown when he got the job, what a sap

I also think we've come too far down the road of borrowing for the situation to be fixed with the wave of a magic wand which people are hoping for. Maybe if the government had stepped in a few years ago when house prices were going ridiculous we wouldn't be in this mess, instead all they'll get is voted out and still be on a cushy number where as we'll be the ones to suffer, YET AGAIN.

What is it about Governments coming to the end of their time and leaving a load of shit for the next lot to clear up Its like a game
Old 16-07-2008, 09:39 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sick of it mate to be honest, they treat people like idiots as though we cant see the bigger picture and just want low taxes and cheap petrol

My old man has been staunch Labour all his life, even a local Labour councilor for donkies years a while back, which is probably why I ended up voting Labour as well. he has already said he wont be voting for them ever again and I tend to agree with him, only trouble is people wont be voting Tory next time because they think they will do a better job, they will be voting just to get Labour out, I'm not sure being prime minister by default is a good thing
History repeats itself.... People voted in Labour with a landslide as they were so fucked off with the tories.... repeat every 10 years or so to fade
Old 16-07-2008, 09:53 PM
orion_crazy_carl
orion=mini saff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get back to work u bunch or twats,were all in the same fuckin boat
Old 17-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I'm sick of it mate to be honest, they treat people like idiots as though we cant see the bigger picture and just want low taxes and cheap petrol

My old man has been staunch Labour all his life, even a local Labour councilor for donkies years a while back, which is probably why I ended up voting Labour as well. he has already said he wont be voting for them ever again and I tend to agree with him, only trouble is people wont be voting Tory next time because they think they will do a better job, they will be voting just to get Labour out, I'm not sure being prime minister by default is a good thing

Same here. Although i wouldnt vote blue out of principal, so my vote will be wasted elsewhere or not used. TBH i dont think it matter who's in, theyre all the same. I thought Labour would have been a bit better, although tbh i did rate Blair, its Brown whos useless!
Old 17-07-2008, 02:53 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhys
hey Gareth isnt the mint public sector? Is that pay rise or promotion though?

its a public company which is self financing!
its a promotion which will make my work easyer PMSL so its a payrise LOL
Old 17-07-2008, 03:47 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

without going off on a wrestling rant (vince's million $ giveaway has had people turning off in droves as he's put it above the wrestling aspect, and peole who watch wrestlng shows mainly watch it for the wrestlers, not some oap giving away lots of money) my point was that if no one gave the union their fee's then there would cease to be a union and then everyone would suffer

the saying goes that evil wins when there are no people left that want to do good, so complaining that your £3 a week going to the unions would be better off buying a sandwich and a copy of bella (or a pint and a bag of crisps if your a bloke) and making everyone stop just means there is no one left to fight your corner when the shit hits the fan

and that's exactly what peole who are living for generatins on benifits are doing, but as soon as the gravey train stops, everyones going to be in the same situation fighting over the last food stamps in the post office

i wasn't singling anyone out, just telling it like i see it, and besides, you still get support if you are in the union unlike non union mmebers who would have to hire their own counsel should things not work out for them
Old 17-07-2008, 04:05 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

That's my point entirely. Non union members still reap the benefits of the salary increases, the job evaluation exercises, the pension settlements etc etc even though they don't financially or morally support the union.

Have non union members just lost 2 days salary going out on strike? Will they be donating their wages to the hardship funds set up to help those who suffer most through taking industrial action? No I very much doubt they will , but hey they will happily accept the pay increase settlement should one be achieved.

So basically its down to people like myself who ARE union members to carry the brunt of the industrial action and take the financial consequences too!!

Alrighty then

Edited to say..... And I didn't even vote to go on strike!! I voted to accept the 2.45% pay offer!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by **Claire**; 17-07-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 17-07-2008, 05:02 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Whose attitude? surely you understand that we cant hand out silly pay rises willy nilly?

What happened last time the country was held to ransom by industries/people on strike? we were in the shit even worse back then so your logic doesn't work!!!

maybe you think Vince Mcmahon should run the country?
Originally Posted by **Claire**
I presume that's that's aimed at me.

Think what you like mate to be honest I don't really give a flying fuck
Originally Posted by Stavros
No way.

Should be Hacksaw Jim Duggen.

Id say Koko B Ware, but this country isnt yet ready for a black PM.

Originally Posted by **Claire**
That's my point entirely. Non union members still reap the benefits of the salary increases, the job evaluation exercises, the pension settlements etc etc even though they don't financially or morally support the union.

Have non union members just lost 2 days salary going out on strike? Will they be donating their wages to the hardship funds set up to help those who suffer most through taking industrial action? No I very much doubt they will , but hey they will happily accept the pay increase settlement should one be achieved.

So basically its down to people like myself who ARE union members to carry the brunt of the industrial action and take the financial consequences too!!

Alrighty then

Edited to say..... And I didn't even vote to go on strike!! I voted to accept the 2.45% pay offer!!!!!!!!!
unfortunatly thats the way things work
Old 17-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by GARETH T
its a public company which is self financing!
its a promotion which will make my work easyer PMSL so its a payrise LOL

Ah promotion then i had similar two months ago