General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Sidc Sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20-06-2008, 04:38 PM
martinmace
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidc Sucks!!!

pick up my scooby v3 sti in the morning, its not a ford i know but i was kinda torn between this and another saff anyway the thing is the SIDC website is crap, ive asked for advice on things over the past few weeks and get no help or fuck all tbh which pisses me off, when i joined the site as a newbie i had one fucking welcome!!! and that was a week after post, just goes to show what a fantastic site PF is as even owning a few jap cars between fords i still get help if needed on here
perhaps if i post a pic with my head up my arse i may get a little bit more of a welcome on sidc!!

so thanks to PF
Old 20-06-2008, 04:54 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by martinmace
pick up my scooby v3 sti in the morning, its not a ford i know but i was kinda torn between this and another saff anyway the thing is the SIDC website is crap, ive asked for advice on things over the past few weeks and get no help or fuck all tbh which pisses me off, when i joined the site as a newbie i had one fucking welcome!!! and that was a week after post, just goes to show what a fantastic site PF is as even owning a few jap cars between fords i still get help if needed on here
perhaps if i post a pic with my head up my arse i may get a little bit more of a welcome on sidc!!

so thanks to PF
i think lots of people own scooby's and they dont have the same die hard following as perhaps the cossies do. Everyone seems to try and help out here which is good!
Old 20-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The SIDC lot can be a bit funny, you are better off using scoobynet to be honest.

What do you need help with? I was on the Subaru scene for years before getting my Sapph.
Old 20-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

SIDC is a nightmare forum imo, i hated the place too, very little help if needed i found, as Pasty says, try Scoobynet.........

OR BUY A SAFF............
Old 20-06-2008, 05:08 PM
martinmace

Originally Posted by Pasty Palmer
The SIDC lot can be a bit funny, you are better off using scoobynet to be honest.

What do you need help with? I was on the Subaru scene for years before getting my Sapph.
well i originally thought this scooby ive bought was a v5 but its actually a v3, so basically i was just wondering what the differences are if any and if a v3 is a good or bad one to have
Old 20-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well i originally thought this scooby ive bought was a v5 but its actually a v3, so basically i was just wondering what the differences are if any and if a v3 is a good or bad one to have
The first difference you will notice is the dash. On the version 3 it has the flat dash, the version 4 onwards has the flap in the centre for storage & different clocks. The sti 3 has a better engine than the later ones because the cams & heads are better and you can get more power out of them.

Is yours the sti 3 or the sti 3 type R?

Got any pictures?
Old 20-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Well for starters the V3 Has a different interior, i.e dash, the V5 is the RB5 British version if you like, it is an RA you have or just the STI?? i' had the RA V-LIMITED V6 was a great car tbh, close ratio sprint car really, i had it mapped to take our fuel, ecutek map this was, gearbox wasn't the best in the world, thye seem to struggle with anything near 300 ft.lb thrown at them, but as said, from 0-120 it was devastingly quick....

Trending Topics

Old 20-06-2008, 05:30 PM
martinmace

dont think its a type r or an RA, isnt a type R a 2 door??
i will find out for deffo tomorrow when i pick her up but it is deffo a v3 sti.will get some pics up in the morning when she,s home, its a real stunner

Last edited by martinmace; 20-06-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 20-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mate i got a sti V3 so if you need to know anything feel free to ask

apart from the dash look the sti v3 is a better car, check to see if yours has ABS as they aint ment to unless its a late made one and also see if its got 4 pot brakes,,, mines been facelifted apart from the thicker grill and got the ABS and 4 pots so i ALSO made the same mistake,,,,,, though i dont regret mine at all

oh piston slap IS normal on them and it is REAL loud but does go very quiet when warm !

as said any questions ill try and answer for you considering we have the same car
Old 20-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

LOL

fascist wankers

I got kicked out the sidc LOL
Old 20-06-2008, 05:56 PM
woodz77
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i got my scooby a couple of weeks ago and have been using Scoobynet . very helpful lot

but you cant beat a bit of PF !
Old 20-06-2008, 06:23 PM
martinmace

Originally Posted by Ginge !
mate i got a sti V3 so if you need to know anything feel free to ask

apart from the dash look the sti v3 is a better car, check to see if yours has ABS as they aint ment to unless its a late made one and also see if its got 4 pot brakes,,, mines been facelifted apart from the thicker grill and got the ABS and 4 pots so i ALSO made the same mistake,,,,,, though i dont regret mine at all

oh piston slap IS normal on them and it is REAL loud but does go very quiet when warm !

as said any questions ill try and answer for you considering we have the same car
deffo gots 4 pots, ive bought it from awesome imports avonmouth bristol who seem to be very good, its been in the paint shop for 2 weeks and virtually had a respray as there was a couple of little scratches and dings on it. has 17,s on which are nice and think it may have coilovers on but not sure. sits nice and low, im 33 and feel like a 6 year old on xmas eve

Last edited by martinmace; 20-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 20-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

how much you give for it out of interest, i gave 4500 for mine which i think was a little too much but it was local and i could have easy wasted upto a grand looking for a good car anyway plus my time

you wont regret it though and if you need any basic service parts or pads/discs give me a shout and ill see what i can sort out for ya
Old 20-06-2008, 07:50 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

deffo gots 4 pots, ive bought it from awesome imports avonmouth bristol who seem to be very good, its been in the paint shop for 2 weeks and virtually had a respray as there was a couple of little scratches and dings on it. has 17,s on which are nice and think it may have coilovers on but not sure. sits nice and low, im 33 and feel like a 6 year old on xmas eve
hope they've undersealed it, as JDM cars do not have any
Old 20-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

how do i tell if its undersealed ?

mines been in the country since 2000 but aint got a clue if its been done or not
Old 20-06-2008, 07:56 PM
martinmace

Originally Posted by Ginge !
how much you give for it out of interest, i gave 4500 for mine which i think was a little too much but it was local and i could have easy wasted upto a grand looking for a good car anyway plus my time

you wont regret it though and if you need any basic service parts or pads/discs give me a shout and ill see what i can sort out for ya
2200 plus my 51 plate MG ZR 160 IN P/X, he wanted 5k for it so i aint done bad considering i swaped a fucked wrx that i paid 1700 for off SPADGE!! for the mg not long ago, so really ive paid about 3900 for it. he was about to advertise it for 5500. its a very nice car and goes like fuck apparently
Old 20-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i agree they do go well,,, needs to be a little quicker for my liking but its good enough till the winter for me