General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what would i write on this form to dvla?????

Search this Thread

Old 17-06-2008, 02:59 PM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default what would i write on this form to dvla?????

I contacted the dvla about trying to find my old series 1 for my conversion to 4x4 cossie. I was told by them i needed to fill out the form (V888) and send £2.50 and then i could get the details of the current owner. I did this explained on the form that i used to be one of the previous owners and that I wished to buy my old car back, i waited 3 weeks for my reply......eagerly!!!!

Well the reply was a disapointment beause they dont think i have an decent reason for the information, i remember someone saying on here they used to say that the car was on their property or was blocking their property????????? What should i write so that this time i get a definitive answer and an go and buy my old turbo!
Old 17-06-2008, 03:09 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tell them the owner of said car, cut you up and now you want to kill him/her!!!
Old 17-06-2008, 03:11 PM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

somehow i dont think they will be too happy replying to that one!
Old 17-06-2008, 03:15 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

tell them the current owner owes them money for road tax and they should chase them up, offering you the car as a reward

get someone else to write to them asking for the details of the owner as you had a slight prang in a car park and need to trace them, they left their car details on the windscreen but unfortunatly it was rain and they got erased other than the reg number and make of car it was

hopefully it's still driving about and they won't send the bizzies after the owner for ringing it
Old 17-06-2008, 03:16 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cutch
somehow i dont think they will be too happy replying to that one!
thats the real reason most people request this, just hide the truth and say they are looking for an old love, want to find their old car etc blablabla

they will most likely only give you the info if you say you have been involved in an accident with the car or something, and then they will probably request a crime reference number that you should have obtained from the police (as you are supposed to report hit and run etc straight away)

not sure if its as complex as that, as i have heard people got this information with some lame excuses (like i left my sextoy in the glove compartment of my old car, and now need to contact the current owner to ask if its still there, and if yes, can i have it back?)
Old 17-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

tell them you left a massive bag of pills and coke under the centre console and you'd REALLY like it back
Old 17-06-2008, 03:39 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by indycos
thats the real reason most people request this, just hide the truth and say they are looking for an old love, want to find their old car etc blablabla

they will most likely only give you the info if you say you have been involved in an accident with the car or something, and then they will probably request a crime reference number that you should have obtained from the police (as you are supposed to report hit and run etc straight away)

not sure if its as complex as that, as i have heard people got this information with some lame excuses (like i left my sextoy in the glove compartment of my old car, and now need to contact the current owner to ask if its still there, and if yes, can i have it back?)
Originally Posted by Lambchop
tell them you left a massive bag of pills and coke under the centre console and you'd REALLY like it back
that might work if he had recently sold the car and forgotten the forwarding address, but what if it's been 15 years?