General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Would you commit suicide?

Search this Thread

Old 21-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you commit suicide?

...how bad could your life get to do it?...Yes i do know someone that did and was atotal shock as on face value he was a happy fooker....Tell me what could drive you to concede defeat?

Me?......i think being told i had cancer..i think i'd just give up,i dont think i'd try fight it just to grab a few extra days from positive mental attitude.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:51 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

stuck in a room with u...........then probably YES.................
Old 21-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

cant say id ever think my life was so bad that id have to end it, when youve got children i dont comprehend how you could put them through it, although saying that a lad we knew commited suicide because he couldnt see his kids
Old 21-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

For me it would be another one of your senseless threads lol

I dont think anyone could honestly answer that without actually being in that state of mind , and if they were their not likely to be reading this thread now are they ?
Old 21-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Ima Racing

Deano..i am sure many folk could say what could possibly trigger this..i have!!!!!...and yes i am relatively normal ..not enuff honesty out there IMO
Old 21-05-2008, 08:56 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
stuck in a room with u...........then probably YES.................
pmsl
Old 21-05-2008, 08:57 PM
nickscunny

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i couldnt possibly ever think this.....

life will always pull us through shit, but we only get one chance at it, i wanna live forever no matter what life puts me through......

Trending Topics

Old 21-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

no i couldnt put my little girl through it knowing that her mum done that
Old 21-05-2008, 09:00 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

considering theres an R.I.P thread been stickied for a guy who just commited suicide. dont think this is really what some people will want to read or see on here...

i couldent do it myself, no matter what i was going through
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just have to think what i/anyone commiting suicide would put their family through, parents, siblings, partners, kids etc... its a very selfish act, but then again, if things are so bad someone is in a frame of mind in which they could go through with it then i guess its not an issue.

Id say its a mental illness, unfortunately either un-detected or covered over by other issues in the persons life.

Terrible thing for any friend or family to have to go through.
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
Deano..i am sure many folk could say what could possibly trigger this..i have!!!!!...and yes i am relatively normal ..not enuff honesty out there IMO
Right so what your saying is , if you were told you had cancer you`d walk straight out the office and top yourself would you ?
Old 21-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by nickscunny
i couldnt possibly ever think this.....

life will always pull us through shit, but we only get one chance at it, i wanna live forever no matter what life puts me through......
Great reply...i wish i had your drive mate....but i would wager you feel great and never experienced major upset illness/stress/etc well not for long anyway.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:01 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

...how bad could your life get to do it?...Yes i do know someone that did and was atotal shock as on face value he was a happy fooker....Tell me what could drive you to concede defeat?

Me?......i think being told i had cancer..i think i'd just give up,i dont think i'd try fight it just to grab a few extra days from positive mental attitude.
cancer is not always terminal

and even if you had terminal cancer, i'm not sure that anyone that loves you (if there is anyone apart from your dogs) would prefer you to take your own life to seeing you fade away from the disease. tough one for them, either way
Old 21-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Never, theres other ways of sorting problems out.

It's a very selfish thing to do, just because someone wants the easy way out, leaves many others in agony. When my friend killed herself last year it was totally unexpected, but most of them are, which hits you even more like a tonne of bricks.

Horrible way to die.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by Deano
Right so what your saying is , if you were told you had cancer you`d walk straight out the office and top yourself would you ?

Yes....
Old 21-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Tell me what could drive you to concede defeat?

A women could drive me to defeat, when she really thinks she is driving me to the shops.

Benni.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Ima Racing

Nick i watched my other halfs dad die from lung cancer he went from a normal person to a skeleton in 6 weeks...to think of looking like he did would not be nice for me..i'd rather die looking like i do (ugly) than go out from letting a disease killing me and making me look that way..this is MY OPINION.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:09 PM
nickscunny

Great reply...i wish i had your drive mate....but i would wager you feel great and never experienced major upset illness/stress/etc well not for long anyway.

no major illness's, suffered abit of mental and physical child abuse when i was younger, although i have had a major breakdown with relationship with my ex (her f**king about) resulting in a four year battle to see my son which is still unresolved (im at soliciters again in morning). I have also have had a few long term (2-4 year) relationships breakdown.

Thing is i realise that life is what you make of it, i have a few regrets in life but i always pick myself up again. My mates say i can fall in a bag of shit and come back smelling of roses....

the only thing thats getting me down at the min is my son not being able to see him and im a lil overweight, which im trying to sort out.....

But im still smiling..... Lifes too short to be miserable...
Old 21-05-2008, 09:12 PM
nickscunny

this is MY OPINION.
we are all entitled to it fellah....

understand where your coming from though.......
Old 21-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

No i wouldn't, my aunty did it a few years ago and it really wrecked the family.. at the time i was the first to say she was selfish, as i didnt have a clue how she felt.
Few months on i had a nervous breakdown, and could actually kind of see why she did what she did.. not that i would ever of done it myself.. does that make sense?
Old 21-05-2008, 09:16 PM
dave_si
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Im sure suicide is the biggest killer of men under the age of 25, read it somewhere a while ago.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:18 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

Its a cowards way imo, and i have zero sympathy for them. my mother inlaw has cancer and probably wont see the next few weeks out, i no my missus and the rest of her family would give every penny the world has just to have her here for ten more minutes, yet these people throw there lives away as if its nothing. one life no extra time, this is for real its not a fucking game
Old 21-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by nickscunny
no major illness's, suffered abit of mental and physical child abuse when i was younger, although i have had a major breakdown with relationship with my ex (her f**king about) resulting in a four year battle to see my son which is still unresolved (im at soliciters again in morning). I have also have had a few long term (2-4 year) relationships breakdown.

Thing is i realise that life is what you make of it, i have a few regrets in life but i always pick myself up again. My mates say i can fall in a bag of shit and come back smelling of roses....

the only thing thats getting me down at the min is my son not being able to see him and im a lil overweight, which im trying to sort out.....

But im still smiling..... Lifes too short to be miserable...
Fair play to you dude, good luck with the solicitors
Old 21-05-2008, 09:22 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

All about the person and the state of mind. The people I know who have, have been outwardly happy people.

But, i dare say that deep down they have a low selfasteem, and must view it as easier for it to just be over, than struggle on.

One chap I know, decent looking bloke, lots of friends, family was good, then hung himself after his misses started shagging round. Supose at that point none of the above mattered in comparison to the feeling of being cheated on and couldn't go on.

Personally I couldn't do it.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:25 PM
magentasafchris
Part of the Furniture

Who know's what goes through someones mind before they feel there only option is to end there problem's, fear's, insecurities or what ever there problem's in life by taking what some people might call the easy way out. My friend chris was a relatively happy person comfortable in life a wife and two children to enjoy. You're first instinct is sadness by the tragedy but then guilt takes over, could i have done anything to prevent this afterall he was my friend, you know? Then there's the anger of realising that he has left two doting children behind who can do nothing but ask the question why? But when all is said and done, and this is my personal experience, all i feel is the sadness for a close friend who for whatever reason he saw necessary chose to end his life because he saw no other way out. What drives people to it, desperation, fear, self control who know's. All i know is i miss my friend and whatever the reason he is no longer with us.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:27 PM
nickscunny

Originally Posted by Jade1
Fair play to you dude, good luck with the solicitors

thanx....
Old 21-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Totally pointless topic sadly as nobody replying can accurately answer unless they are in the very dark world that is clinical depression.

There are a couple of other states of mind that can trigger your mind to "allow" suicide, but by far the most common is the mind state known as clinical depression, a state that im sure 90% of so called "Off work with depression" sufferers have never even been CLOSE too IMO.

The rest of us, whilst reading this in a helthy state of mind will simply reply:
No way.
Cowards way out.
Selfish bastards.

Etc, as your current normal human mind state currently will not allow self destruction. You are still programmed first and foremost with fight or flight, as are most animals naturally.
people who take their own lives are FAR from the state of mind the majority of members reading ths topic are in, and until you have been there, you will simply never understand their reasoning.

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 21-05-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:30 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Totally pointless topic sadly as nobody replying can accurately answer unless they are in the very dark world that is clinical depression.

There are a couple of other states of mind that can trigger your mind to allow suicide, but by far the most common is clinical depression, a world 90% of so called "Off work with depression" sufferers have never even been CLOSE too IMO.

The rest of us, whilst reading this in a helthy state of mind will simply reply:
No way.
Cowards way out.
Selfish bastards.

Etc Etc, as your mind state currently will not allow self destruction. You are still programmed first and foremost with fight or flight, as are most animals naturally.
Perfectly summed up, depression can break even a very strong person into a mess within a short space of time.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, not in a million years, I've lost two friends to suicide and I know what it does to people, including myself. Lost a friend to his selfish wife, so he took his life.

Its shit, And I'm not that much of a cunt to think that much of myself, I'd rather drive to a coast, sit by myself and do fuck all but think rather than kill ones self.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:32 PM
CWA
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

..Yes i do know someone that did and was atotal shock as on face value he was a happy fooker
It's like that alot, happened to someone i know too..

It's like lots of comedians suffer / have suffered from depression - not many people notice how they are actually feeling..

I'm not sure what would push me to actually kill myself.. but that's possibly because I'm only quite young and have been really lucky through life so far to not know what it's like to have nothing.

I think that pretty much makes sense!
Old 21-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Kverna
Virgin-popper

If I was told I had cancer, and had like a few months left living in good health, but could get the double if I was treated with drugs I would say; Fuck it, let some other have my money's worth of medicine. I'm not that fond of life per date, so I thing I would have burned out my tires, got together with my bestfriends and just enjoyed life to the max while I could.

But the gun-to-head/leap-from-bridge isn't for me, could seem like the easyest choice at the moment, but you won't believe how many people who will grief over your death.

On the other hand, how cool(wrong word) would it be to see how many people you would get in your furneal ?
Old 21-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree totally with Stu, mental health issues are the only way I could ever see for it, and thankfully ive been lucky in that respect so far.

Dont know firsthand what its like to be depressed and dont ever want to frankly, life's for living, and its NOT a rehearsal, cliche's of course, but that doesnt stop them being true!
Old 21-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
and until you have been there, you will simply never understand their reasoning.
That's what i was trying to get across, but as you know i'm shite with words
Old 21-05-2008, 09:44 PM
rostill2007
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think this thread was posted at the wrong time look at the stickies i couldnt do it myself but i have no problems really considering what some people go through and some times the reason behind it is worse than you think
Old 21-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Slevin Kelevra
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

top reply stu
Old 21-05-2008, 11:26 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Anyone that thinks suicide is a cowards way out should try it, I know I couldn't no matter what. There's many things in life that can make people feel like it is the only way out, only a very few take it. Understanding those conditions is like trying to cure cancer, impossible. To the vast majority preserving life is what keeps us here and makes death feel like the worst option possible.

Last edited by EIL132; 21-05-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 22-05-2008, 09:52 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

phil, i've lost both of my parents in the same way and i can't explain how terrible it was but i'd still rather it that way

out of interest, how do you think you would do it?
Old 22-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

i think Stu sumed it up really.
Old 22-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Nick D

NEVER!! One of my Grandad's took his own life when I was four after having a car accident with a bus and being uninsured the bus company were taking legal action. He didn't see a way out and rather than asking my parents for the money (£3k) IIRC he killed himself.
Old 22-05-2008, 10:16 AM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

i used to always say "cowards way out" etc etc but when you get pushed and pushed over a period of time, you cant see a way out, the thought of ending it does tend to pop into the mind...

then when the depresssion is gone you think "what a twat i cant beleive i considered that, i'm young, got a great life, all to live for etc" but deep down you know that the next time you hit rock bottom you might not come out of the other end...

Quick Reply: Would you commit suicide?