General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The Abortion Debate...

Search this Thread

Old 21-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan_3
So ure taking the piss out of me cause I beleive in god??!!
Thats pretty much it. yes...

Sorry.

Feel free to call me fat!

Thats also true!

but I am not insane or deluded... so its all gravy!
Old 21-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

god didnt choose that child to have a disease... it is US that invented it with our sins..
She hadnt performed any sins when she was given the disease, so I believe you are mistaken there.

dont talk jack shit if you dont know
That is some AWESOME advice there mate, ever considered following it?
Old 21-05-2008, 11:24 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

Know one has explained to me yet why a women needs to get an abortion at 24 weeks and not have made the decision much earlier ?
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

god didnt choose that child to have a disease... it is US that invented it with our sins..

OMFG!

Why does God let his Priests and stuff abuse Children?

Why do Church roofs fall in? etc etc....

Even bible basher athlete Jonathan Edwards has woken up and smelt the coffee!

Last edited by Porkie; 21-05-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it is not she but us.
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Removeing an egg from the womb isnt classed as surgery as no cut is taken, so the eggs from those females can be harvested over time slowly as they appear in the womb.
Then the sterilisation of those females can be done via non surgical means as well.

i've got a feeling that any medical assistance may be prohibited Chip.
that's definitely the case for the people (the name of the group of which I can't remember) who live like it was the 16th centrury or something as they dont' believe in any technology, medical assistance, etc etc etc
Old 21-05-2008, 11:25 AM
alistairolsen

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

waoh, so our sins after birth caused a child to be born with a disease that later ended its life?

care to back up why you believe that?

Old 21-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porkie

Sorry.

Thats also true!

I am not delusional because I beleive in god.. be tolerant
Old 21-05-2008, 11:28 AM
alistairolsen

we are being tolerant, merely asking you to explain why you believe what you do? Have you thought about your belief, or do you just follow it as a way fo life without question?
Old 21-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

was going to give you the benefit of the doubt as someone who may be able to present a reasonable arguement but I think that at this point I'll retract that!
Old 21-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Markb_s1
that's definitely the case for the people (the name of the group of which I can't remember) who live like it was the 16th centrury or something as they dont' believe in any technology, medical assistance, etc etc etc
Ah, they are caught by the "technology opt out" clause, anyone who has NEVER used electricity at any point, is deemed to be pure enough to make their own decision on their offspring, im not aware of any such person in the UK anyway though, so I think its a mute point, as its only great britain I care about, while im putting the GREAT back into great britain the rest of the world can carry on falling apart for all I care.
Old 21-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am not delusional because I beleive in god.. be tolerant

Can I ask what religion it is you follow?
Old 21-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ah, they are caught by the "technology opt out" clause, anyone who has NEVER used electricity at any point, is deemed to be pure enough to make their own decision on their offspring, im not aware of any such person in the UK anyway though, so I think its a mute point, as its only great britain I care about, while im putting the GREAT back into great britain the rest of the world can carry on falling apart for all I care.

hmmm.... ok, i'll let it slide then
Chip

Can I ask what religion it is you follow?
He follows the ONLY correct and true religion of course you fucking moron, how dare you imply otherwise you CUNT!
alistairolsen

catholicism as a wild stab in the dark
Old 21-05-2008, 11:35 AM
alistairolsen

Anywho.....

Since all the people in this thread who are capable of arguing factually, logically and accountably seem to be in broad general agreement over the issue, and the one person who cant has resorted tot he god explanation with no ratification, Im going to go and get some work done.
Old 21-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
Know one has explained to me yet why a women needs to get an abortion at 24 weeks and not have made the decision much earlier ?
Its only at the 20 week scan where severe abnormalities in the foetus can be identified.
Old 21-05-2008, 11:37 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

so the fact that i'm committing 'sins' by living with, and (very occassionally ) having sex with a woman without being married means that i may have killed a kid somewhere?

it's just a pity that my sin does not harm another sinner, you would have thought god could work out who they all are.

this post has gone off topic somewhat, but Punkie's views reflect my own based on personal experience
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

He follows the ONLY correct and true religion of course you fucking moron, how dare you imply otherwise you CUNT!
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Amish? Like in the film Witness http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090329/
Old 21-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know that! I just want to know which one to sign up to so I can stop killing babies!
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Punkie
Amish? Like in the film Witness http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090329/

that'd be them!
Old 21-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
so the fact that i'm committing 'sins' by living with, and (very occassionally ) having sex with a woman without being married means that i may have killed a kid somewhere?

it's just a pity that my sin does not harm another sinner, you would have thought god could work out who they all are.

this post has gone off topic somewhat, but Punkie's views reflect my own based on personal experience
Nick dont you understand the way a fair and just system works?

What happens, is someone commits a crime/sin, then the fair thing is to punnish a TOTALLY innocent unborn individual, thats how its meant to work.

Like say tonight I come round and murder Ryan's mum in her sleep, what would be a fair and just thing for god to do, is that when Ryan has a child, it should be born with a painful and crippling disease that snuffs out its young existance despite it being a wonderful and pure and loving and amazing child.

Its pretty simple stuff mate, surprised someone clever like you cant see why that makes god a fair and loving and caring entity who we should adore?

Thats right isnt it Ryan? If I murder your mum, your kid should be deformed by a disease as a punishment from god?

Last edited by Chip; 21-05-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 21-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porkie

Sorry.

Thats also true!

Porkie god is just something to beleive in mate dont mock people for it be boring if we was all the same my dad was never religious ever we even ate our easter eggs on a friday cos he didnt like waiting but since my mum died hes started going to church as she did beleive and he wants to think he may see her again in another life or when he dies etc.... if it helps him or anyone else deal with life cant be so bad but like anything there are allways people who take it to far.. personally i dont agree with all their opinions...

anyways abortion IMO should be aloud but really men have no clue as its not their body that carries the baby abortion shouldnt be entered into lightly either after all life is a wonderful gift !

Its why I promote anal sex best form of birth control ever lol

ps your fat

Last edited by Kev.H; 21-05-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 21-05-2008, 11:46 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

silly me

Old 21-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Chip

Kev'H, one of the things that people chuck in that bucket that they label "god" is hope, and another one is love, I hope your dad never stops feeling those things about your mum and I dont give a flying fuck what he chooses to right on the bucket cause he isnt doing anyone any harm of forcing his bucket on anyone else mate
Old 21-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Nick dont you understand the way a fair and just system works?

What happens, is someone commits a crime/sin, then the fair thing is to punnish a TOTALLY innocent unborn individual, thats how its meant to work.

Like say tonight I come round and murder Ryan's mum in her sleep, what would be a fair and just thing for god to do, is that when Ryan has a child, it should be born with a painful and crippling disease that snuffs out its young existance despite it being a wonderful and pure and loving and amazing child.

Its pretty simple stuff mate, surprised someone clever like you cant see why that makes god a fair and loving and caring entity who we should adore?

Thats right isnt it Ryan? If I murder your mum, your kid should be deformed by a disease as a punishment from god?
Old 21-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I don't get with religion is that thousands of people across the globe pray and talk to god but the moment someone says god has spoken back everyone acts as if this person is crazy.

Take Peter Sutcliffe for example he said god told him to kill prostitutes, now this very statement suggests that he believes god exists yet the the religious establishments were quick to state he was crazy and mentally insane, long before the courts.... I fail to see why the possibility of claiming to have heard from a god makes him crazy when speaking to god does not as there is no evidence either way.
Old 21-05-2008, 11:50 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Originally Posted by Kev.H
Its why I promote anal sex best form of birth control ever lol

ps your fat
don't worry, you and your boyfriend couldn't have a kid if you tried

ps, your fat what? or do you mean you are fat, sometimes shortened to you're? let's all pray to ryan's god that you're not one of the under educated that is allowed to breed (if you stopped shit stabbing)
Old 21-05-2008, 11:54 AM
stonehavencossie

Its only at the 20 week scan where severe abnormalities in the foetus can be identified.

thank you

makes sense now

im guessing the 4 week period from then is for making the decision ?

so if its lowered to 20 weeks then a decision has to be made straight away ?
Old 21-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Turbocabbie
What I don't get with religion is that thousands of people across the globe pray and talk to god but the moment someone says god has spoken back everyone acts as if this person is crazy.

Take Peter Sutcliffe for example he said god told him to kill prostitutes, now this very statement suggests that he believes god exists yet the the religious establishments were quick to state he was crazy and mentally insane, long before the courts.... I fail to see why the possibility of claiming to have heard from a god makes him crazy when speaking to god does not as there is no evidence either way.
As far as im aware, god isnt yet capable of direct communication with people, he hasnt evolved that far (im sure darwin is confident he will one day though)
basically if god wants to tell me to do something, he starts an elaborate chinese whisper to ge that to me via "signs" to religious experts who interpret them for me.

So in the recent ipswich case, I think what he meant was for the fella to embrace people from other cultures and be charitable and generous, so he said to him via all the normal religious chinese whispers etc "pay the bill for five kurds" referring to helping a recently imigrated kurdish family with their rent, sadly though, the message got lost in a translation a bit and he thought that god said "rape and murder five birds"
Old 21-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
thank you

makes sense now

im guessing the 4 week period from then is for making the decision ?

so if its lowered to 20 weeks then a decision has to be made straight away ?
If its lowered to 20 weeks and a scan has to be rebooked...it would be tough shit for children born with severe abnormalities.
Old 21-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

foreigneRS christ u been on brave pills lol if we ever meet mate im coming in dry rotfl i meant porkie is fat u div ! anyways hes not so blah blah blah

Chip-3Door yes god is like hope the way I look at it hes a starting point if shit gets so bad you hit rock bottom he is the bit that stands you up dusts you off and gives you the hope to carry on whats it the dollar bill says " in god we trust" but as with anything people go OTT some religious people r happy to beleive whilst others try and convert you.. the same way some people like watching football and others wanna kick the shit out of you cos ya shirts the wrong colour....
Old 21-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Chip

If its lowered to 20 weeks and a scan has to be rebooked...it would be tough shit for children born with severe abnormalities.
To be fair though, Ryan would say those unborn children have got all they deserved cause someone else worked on a sunday once a hundred years ago.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Chip

foreigneRS christ u been on brave pills lol if we ever meet mate im coming in dry rotfl i meant porkie is fat u div ! anyways hes not so blah blah blah

Chip-3Door yes god is like hope the way I look at it hes a starting point if shit gets so bad you hit rock bottom he is the bit that stands you up dusts you off and gives you the hope to carry on whats it the dollar bill says " in god we trust" but as with anything people go OTT some religious people r happy to beleive whilst others try and convert you.. the same way some people like watching football and others wanna kick the shit out of you cos ya shirts the wrong colour....
I believe in the basic concept that we inherit from our forefathers and loved ones and we should look to them for inspiration, so my own concept of god is essentially an embodiement of my grandparents and other people who have passed away but still live on in my memories and who I try and take into account what their wishes or advice would be in any given situation, if you apply that same concept of a basis for moral values back through not just the recent generations of people i descend from and respect, but right back beyond to the dawn of time, that isnt actually so different from the concept of a god really, as he's just the first generation effectively.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:08 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

foreigneRS christ u been on brave pills lol if we ever meet mate im coming in dry
you wouldn't even touch the sides lad that steak pie last night fell out like a worm out of a bucket
Old 21-05-2008, 12:16 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

just because you have different beliefs to others chip, it doesn't really give you the right to mock those other beliefs, which i think everyone here will probably agree that you are doing

we had a guy we called "bless" at our work who used to say "praise the lord" and similar stuff about everything that happened

fair play to him for being happy with his life and thinking what he thinks, he never imposed those beliefs on me but we did have some good descusions about religion and other stuff by assosiation and we both knew where each other stood

my mrs miscarried at 15 and a bit weeks
at the 12 week scan there was a heartbeat and all osrts to suggest that there was actual life going on in her belly
at the 15 week scan everything was fine
a few days later it was all over

even now, thinking about it brings a tear to my eye

he wasn't a "mistake or "planned" he just "happened" and we geared up for having a kid

women know they are pregnant from the moment they miss that blob every 4 weeks or so, so they should be given the option to terminate then before the feutus is an actual entity rather than a collection of cells ready to turn into a human

but i still stand by my original post and i think i've had enough of this one
Old 21-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

we invented diseases end of.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:23 PM
stonehavencossie

we invented diseases end of.