General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Abortion Debate...

Search this Thread

Old 21-05-2008, 12:25 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
women know they are pregnant from the moment they miss that blob every 4 weeks or so
sorry to read of your loss dojj but that's not true, there are many other reasons for missing 'japanese flag week'.

as for a child growing in a woman's belly, we are supposed to be having an adult discussion here
Old 21-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
i wish ud shut it

you sound like a spastic
as a matter of fact i wish u would shut it too.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Turbocabbie
What I don't get with religion is that thousands of people across the globe pray and talk to god but the moment someone says god has spoken back everyone acts as if this person is crazy.

Take Peter Sutcliffe for example he said god told him to kill prostitutes, now this very statement suggests that he believes god exists yet the the religious establishments were quick to state he was crazy and mentally insane, long before the courts.... I fail to see why the possibility of claiming to have heard from a god makes him crazy when speaking to god does not as there is no evidence either way.

I like that!
Old 21-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Chip, Darling, As much as I love reading your posts...I think maybe youre using young Ryan here as a bit of a scapegoat to mock people who have strong religious beliefs.

My family is not remotely religious and I am of the faith that what happens happens and there is a reason behind it...Karma if you will...

Dojj, sorry to hear about Mrs Dojj, going through a miscarriage is one of the most emotionally traumatic experiences ever.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan_3
we invented diseases end of.
We "invented" them with our sins, can you just explain how that invention process works?

Im pretty sure that if I rape your mother tonight, that I havent actually invented a new variant of the cold virus in italy, maybe god will punnish mankind for my actions by him creating one, but thats actually crediting me with FAR too much credit to imply that I had the inteligence and ability to create a disease in italy, all ive done is tie your mum to a bed and then force my cock up her, or broken into alistairs car and stolen a radio, that is NOT me inventing an illness.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thankx mrs punkie
Old 21-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Punkie
Chip, Darling, As much as I love reading your posts...I think maybe youre using young Ryan here as a bit of a scapegoat to mock people who have strong religious beliefs.

My family is not remotely religious and I am of the faith that what happens happens and there is a reason behind it...Karma if you will...

Dojj, sorry to hear about Mrs Dojj, going through a miscarriage is one of the most emotionally traumatic experiences ever.
Im not mocking Ryan at all, the only person that I see in this post making Ryan look stupid so far, is that Ryan fella.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:41 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Originally Posted by lamb chops
I have to agree 24 weeks is murder end of, should be a 8-10 week limit at most. If you dont want the child then he/she can be adopted at birth plenty of loving couples out there for the babies.

I haven't read much of the thread past this comment at the moment, but I find the above comment very ignorant.... for pity's sake, some people don't find out that they are pregnant for whatever reason until after 12 weeks.... They should leave the limit as it is. It can take time to decide whether or not you wish to keep a child. It takes hardly any time at all to book an apointment to go for a consultation about termination, but after that and you are in possession of all the facts as to which of the two routes of termination you can go down, it may be that you decide not to terminate the child in any event.

I wouldn't expect or ask anyone to go through with a pregnancy that was not wanted. I can imagine that adoption would not be easy for someone who had carried a child inside them for the nine months it takes, feeling that child move, have hiccups, feel it developing into a person!! That sort of separation, whether you were sure you wanted to have that child adopted at birth, would still carry huge psychological scarring.

Children aren't stupid either, they know if they are in a loving relationship and would be able to tell if you didn't want them. Imagine growing up knowing you weren't wanted.

There was also another comment made about people who had abortions to be sterilised at the same time so that they couldn't have any more? Quoted by a man... surprise surprise.

Do you know how many women visit the doctors and ask to be sterilised.... and they won't do it because... you've only had one child... or you are too young....

I wonder how many men who spout all this crap about not having a say actually take or would have an active role in looking after any child fathered by them. I know plenty of women who regularly shed tears as their partners do not help them look after their children and they are still expected, with a young child, to keep the house clean, the tea on the table and oh yeah... after your maternity leave finishes you can go back to work full time and still do everything for me.

I am not saying that all men are like this but having a child can put a lot of pressure on a woman, especially if she has a need to work full time.

I think people need to sit and think about how a child will impact on their lives before they have one.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:45 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Originally Posted by Diamonds

But i dont think anyone should be judged on what they decide. That's THEIR choice.

Very well said.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:53 PM
dunketh
Chief Iron Oxide Farmer.

I know plenty of women who regularly shed tears as their partners do not help them look after their children and they are still expected, with a young child, to keep the house clean, the tea on the table and oh yeah... after your maternity leave finishes you can go back to work full time and still do everything for me.
I know its too late once the womans pregnant but she should have had the self respect to ditch the fella as soon as she found out what a tosser he was.
I can't imagine he 'turned' that way as soon as the baby arrived.
Why is it that women seem to be attracted to such morons? No, dont answer that - its a whole new can of worms.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XRdodgybird
I wonder how many men who spout all this crap about not having a say actually take or would have an active role in looking after any child fathered by them.

I think people need to sit and think about how a child will impact on their lives before they have one.
I am the person who made such a statement, and I still think that the man should have a say if a woman is pregnant as its his child also.
I understand that it is the womans body and choice, however should the woman decide to terminate a man has no legal rights to stop them.
What I object to is the fact that if this situation is reversed and the man makes it clear that he does not wish to be a parent and the woman proceeds and gives birth to the child then the man is still held responsible for the financial upbringing of a child he did not desire.

I simply think its wrong to exclude the father from input and then make him pay for the choice of the mother.

I am also a responsible parent, through choice !

Last edited by Turbocabbie; 21-05-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Chip

If a man is expected to have some responsibility for a child after birth like the woman, then the man should be involved in the decision like a woman.

Its THEIR child, its THEIR offspring, its THEIR genes, its THEIR soulds combined (if you subscribe to such things) so they should both have an equal say in wether or not the child is kept or aborted IMHO, if either of them doesnt want it, then that should be it, abortion time.
Old 21-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
We now have the two roots of all the problems in todays society on this thread... chav scum knocking out kids they can't afford... and RELIGION!
Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Good point there from my finanical director, Alistair can you please update the questionairre to include some questions on religions, anyone following a religion that they know fuck all about, automatically isnt allowed kids either, as that just causes rows too.
ROFLOL.
Old 21-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Its only at the 20 week scan where severe abnormalities in the foetus can be identified.
This is the main reason i think (Hope) that we still allow up to 24, and IMO, it can easily be fixed by allowing up to 24 weeks IF and ONLY IF the Featus is discovered to have an abnormallity.

No abnormality, then 12 weeks max or you have to give birth and have it adobted. That would be my plan, although i am the first to admit i havent sat and researched this as a subject needing a solution, so there will be many factors i have missed.
Old 21-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Chip

At what stage is it possible to detect if the child is going to be ginger?
Old 21-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by XRdodgybird
some people don't find out that they are pregnant for whatever reason until after 12 weeks.... They should leave the limit as it is. It can take time to decide whether or not you wish to keep a child.
Sorry but i disagree. This is a Male opinion i know, but all the same, surely, if you had sex last night, and then you miss your next period... surely you can damn well do a pregnancy test immediately? So tahst 4 weeks max yeah?

Negative test and miss the next one too? Get another pregnancy test. Whats that taken you so far? 8 weeks MAX. More likely five or six. You dont need another FOUR MONTHS to find out your pregnant do you?

I think it takes so long because the law damn well allows you to take so long. If women had less time, they may take more care and check if their pregnant rather than waiting till they feel sick and crave pilchards!

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 21-05-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 21-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

usually as the head crowns and the mother asks " it it ginger"

and yes i did ask

Sarah
Old 21-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Old 21-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
usually as the head crowns and the mother asks " it it ginger"

and yes i did ask

Sarah

Well then thats the ONLY fair point at which to decide if abortion should be allowed or not surely?
Old 21-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Sorry but i disagree. This is a Male opinion i know, but all the same, surely, if you had sex last night, and then you miss your next period... surely you can damn well do a pregnancy test immediately? So tahst 4 weeks max yeah?

Negative test and miss the next one too? Get another pregnancy test. Whats that taken you so far? 8 weeks MAX. More likely five or six. You dont need another FOUR MONTHS to find out your pregnant do you?

I think it takes so long because the law damn well allows you to take so long. If women had less time, they may take more care and check if their pregnant rather than waiting till they feel sick and crave pilchards!
but what about the women who have periods all the way through pregnancy? its not uncommon to have 3-4 periods so you could quite easily be 16-20 weeks before even finding out if you are pregnant.

i know of a few who didnt know they were pregnant til 5-6mts gone, which btw means they have to keep the child regardless.

however i still think the limit should be lowered unless there are massive medical or physical problems with the foetus
Old 21-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Well then thats the ONLY fair point at which to decide if abortion should be allowed or not surely?
its a bit late as its travelling down the birth canal though chip
Old 21-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Chip

its a bit late as its travelling down the birth canal though chip
Its never too late to try and stamp out the curse of the ginge, I think extermination in this case should be allowed up till the age of 16 personally as sometimes they sneak out strawberry blonde and then "ginger up" in later life.

Last edited by Chip; 21-05-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 21-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Its never too late to try and stamp out the curse of the ginge, I think extermination in this case should be allowed up till the age of 16 personally.
When i was in labour Lee said if its ginger itll get its head shaved once its come out
Old 21-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my mate found out she was preg at 8 months 2 weeks later she had the baby, she still was bleeding and didnt show that she was preg didnt feel no movements or have any kind off sickness
Old 21-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by ** T **
my mate found out she was preg at 8 months 2 weeks later she had the baby, she still was bleeding and didnt show that she was preg didnt feel no movements or have any kind off sickness
And no missed periods or all the pregnancy tests came up negative?
Old 21-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

but what about the women who have periods all the way through pregnancy? its not uncommon to have 3-4 periods so you could quite easily be 16-20 weeks before even finding out if you are pregnant.
Is that not extremely uncommon? I thought it was.

24 weeks wouldnt have helped her anyway then sadly. Unlucky.
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

if you didnt think you were pregnant you wouldnt test anyway.

its more common than you think, our old treasurer in our RSOC had 2 babies and didnt find out she was pregnant with either til 7mths iirc
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Is that not extremely uncommon? I thought it was.
No unfortunately its a lot more common than people think, obviously not a very high percentage but i know of at least 5 people who had periods all the way through

if you fell pregnant whilst on the pill then you would continue to have periods all the way through as the bleed isnt an actual " period "
Old 21-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Chip

its more common than you think, our old treasurer in our RSOC had 2 babies and didnt find out she was pregnant with either til 7mths iirc
And she didnt miss any periods? Or the tests came back negative?

Or she missed periods but just didnt bother to have a test?
Old 21-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

she was still having periods
Old 21-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Chip

If I dont think my engine has fucked itself royally I still take notice if the warning light comes on, might be nothing of importance, but I still check anyway.
Surely wether or not you are pregnant deserves at least the same amount of attention as to wether my mass air flow sensor is out of range or not?
Old 21-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Chip

she was still having periods
Crikey, shows how little I understand about the pregnancy process then, I didnt tihnk you would still get a regular period with a similar amount of tissue wall still falling out your cunt once a month while you were pregnant.

also shows how important it is that we get pregnancy to the stage where its ONLY intentional as soon as possible too as I previously mentioned.
Old 21-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

If I dont think my engine has fucked itself royally I still take notice if the warning light comes on, might be nothing of importance, but I still check anyway.
Surely wether or not you are pregnant deserves at least the same amount of attention as to wether my mass air flow sensor is out of range or not?

shut up

if you didnt have any reason to suspect a pregnancy you wouldnt randomly test yourself

Old 21-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Crikey, shows how little I understand about the pregnancy process then, I didnt tihnk you would still get a regular period with a similar amount of tissue wall still falling out your cunt once a month while you were pregnant.
not to sure as to how much she was but i think if that was me and i was still bleeding or having so called period i wouldnt think i was preg either
Old 21-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

not to sure as to how much she was but i think if that was me and i was still bleeding or having so called period i wouldnt think i was preg either

i agree
Old 21-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Its a good argument then as i didnt realsie it was common and therfore needs to be accounted for.

How about we steralize all under 25s?*

*Joke!
Old 21-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

If its lowered to 20 weeks and a scan has to be rebooked...it would be tough shit for children born with severe abnormalities.
i think that would have to be different thing altogether..if they went for a scan and there was abnormalities showing then maybe yes to a abortion at the stage
Old 21-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Chip

Its a good argument then as i didnt realsie it was common and therfore needs to be accounted for.

How about we steralize all under 25s?*
ALL females it should be, as per my manifesto on the previous page.
Old 21-05-2008, 01:45 PM
alistairolsen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

chip, afaik if youre on the pill you go to a placebo for a week a month to ensure a regular bleed to maintain health. Formation of the uteral lining is reduced. This means you will bleed, but without tissues etc Id imagine altho I cant remember
Old 21-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by alistairolsen
chip, afaik if youre on the pill you go to a placebo for a week a month to ensure a regular bleed to maintain health. Formation of the uteral lining is reduced. This means you will bleed, but without tissues etc Id imagine altho I cant remember
you take 21 pills and have a 7 day break not a placebo, so you have a bleed within that week, then start a new pack

unless you take the pill im on which means you never have a period

Quick Reply: The Abortion Debate...