General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Baby fight club

Search this Thread

Old 24-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby fight club

Is it just me or is this legalised child abuse?

FORCING your kids into fighting and then getting angry when they want to do girlie things, i really dont understand some parents

Its horrendous to even watch, the parents are morons!!!!!!

anyone else disgusted by this? a kid training for 12hrs a week, asking for severe health problems!

thats ridiculous
Old 24-04-2008, 08:52 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No difference to karate or judo imo. Its perfectly safe and its just a sport that they themselves want to do. Why not let them progress in somthing they want to do and maybe become very successful in the future.
Old 24-04-2008, 08:54 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If kids want to do it, and are happy fair enough; but seems it's parents who want it most.
Let kids be kids, selfish arseholes.
Old 24-04-2008, 09:00 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I didnt see the one that was being forced to do it, thats just wrong.

From the bits ive seen of the programme, the parents obviously really care about their kids, and at the same time, want them to be successful at something so fair play.
Old 24-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just watching it now, i dont think i would let my little girl do it
Old 24-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

theres wanting your kids to do something and forcing them into it, and giving them the impression that 1st is the only place thats acceptable.

no child should be put under such ridiculous pressure imo

Sarah
Old 25-04-2008, 07:38 AM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

You mention "fight club", I presume obviously there is some tv prog about it at the moment.
BUT I dont see any difference to forcing young kids to do beauty or talent contests, dont know what age the kids actually are you are talking about, but in reality guessing they are young ("BABY fight club"), so dont think them getting "hurt" in a long term way is likely to happen as a/ young kids wouldnt have the strength/power to do damage, b/ young kids bodies can take a fair bit of punishment without harm, as they have to just in lifes normal rough and tumble of growing up, God knows how many trees i fell out of or bike crashes etc i had when young.

Steve

Trending Topics

Old 25-04-2008, 07:46 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree totally that no kid should be forced, BUT this is something I see everyweek at my lads JU JITSU training, a lot of parents are just forcing thier kids there as a babysitting service, gets them out of the way for a while.
My lad who is 11, started when he was 4 years old, he loves it, has had a broken nose, and sprained ankle, could get that playing footy or climbing trees.
He has NEVER been forced to do it, but the confidence it gives kids is amazing, it is also truly rewarding when they then go onto kick the crap out of the BULLIES who make others lives a misery by being bullies, sorry but I am of the opinion if the parents don't teach the kids right and wrong with bullying then the people will.
My boy attained BLACK BELT at age 8, and was the first ever in his dojo(training place) to do so, in that age group.
He has never been pressured into doing it, but he loves it, even though it costs me around £800 a year to do it, three times a week.
It is horrible to see kids there that don't want to do it, I did not see the programme reffered to, but it is for what it is VERY safe.
tabetha
Old 25-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parents can be right dick heads at times ....
Old 25-04-2008, 09:02 AM
TemptRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if zara said she wanted to do it i'd support her, but just seems these parents are trying to lives their dreams through their children and thats wrong! i wont stop her doing anything but i wont force her too either. that little girl on there was so adorable she wasnt a fighter, yet connor was well up for it he had me in stitches lol!
Old 25-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

from the last 2 fights that i caught i can say yes it is only you who thinks it is legalised child abuse. those lads were clearly enjoying what they were doing.

you should see how the kids in thailand fight and train muay thai. they dont fight with full body pads and "no head contact" rules. they also arent forced from what i have seen.

they train before and after school for a few hours at a time. this is how thai's train. pre dedication. this is why they produce the best fighters in the world.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

if they can look after themselves it will stop them being bullied at school
Old 25-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Any links to this programme online? Never seen it.
Old 25-04-2008, 01:06 PM
AndyGranger

Originally Posted by Matt
from the last 2 fights that i caught i can say yes it is only you who thinks it is legalised child abuse. those lads were clearly enjoying what they were doing.

you should see how the kids in thailand fight and train muay thai. they dont fight with full body pads and "no head contact" rules. they also arent forced from what i have seen.

they train before and after school for a few hours at a time. this is how thai's train. pre dedication. this is why they produce the best fighters in the world.
Matt trains the Doncaster way!!
Watch it on telly and slip people money to have pictures took with him
Old 25-04-2008, 02:21 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

also teaches self discipline, i done tae kwon do from 7 years old
Old 25-04-2008, 02:40 PM
nickscunny

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

cant wrap them in cotton wall all the time.....

My boy is gonna train and do boxing next year.......
Old 25-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldo

Seconded...
Old 25-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

My brother should of been one of the best swimmers in Liverpool. Infact, for a long time I think he was at his age. Sadly, my dad pushed him too far. He had him in the pool every night doing length after length and when all the other kids would be fighting in the water etc my dad wouldn't let him and told him to keep swimming. He stopped going in the end as he hated it and he still does.

If you're being forced to do something you WONT want to continue doing it.

Benni.
Old 25-04-2008, 03:31 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
My brother should of been one of the best swimmers in Liverpool. Infact, for a long time I think he was at his age. Sadly, my dad pushed him too far. He had him in the pool every night doing length after length and when all the other kids would be fighting in the water etc my dad wouldn't let him and told him to keep swimming. He stopped going in the end as he hated it and he still does.

If you're being forced to do something you WONT want to continue doing it.

Benni.
Agreed, but the above is exactly how champions are made, in any sport. If the child doesnt have it in him/her, then they obviously wont progress.

All the kids in this programme seemed to love doing what they were doing, apart from the girl who didnt really seem interested.

Id be willing to put money on it that at least one of those kids on the programme will make it pro later in life.
Old 25-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I guess kids are cheaper to get hold of than pitbulls?
Old 25-04-2008, 03:34 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
I guess kids are cheaper to get hold of than pitbulls?
Come with a house and money don't they?
Old 25-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by C4llyT
Come with a house and money don't they?
Yeah, although I guess if they get killed on a telly program you risk losing that, easy enough to knock up another one though.
Old 25-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Earlier in the program, the father of one of the lads (the one who had 60 or so fights before he was 10) had been talking about taking his lad to Bangkok when he was 5 to fight full contact rules, they showed a video of the fight and it was brutal! He took a proper boot to the jaw!! Loads of Thai blokes betting on the kids fighting!!

I think its shocking this is allowed, its one thing teaching your kid self defence but its another thing getting them into Thai Boxing at that early age, clearly none of them would have been there through choice!

The bloke whos boy had 60 odd fights even said "With his mum and dad being into the sport, he didnt really have much choice!!" Whatever is that all about?!
Old 25-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redeye Jedi
Earlier in the program, the father of one of the lads (the one who had 60 or so fights before he was 10) had been talking about taking his lad to Bangkok when he was 5 to fight full contact rules, they showed a video of the fight and it was brutal! He took a proper boot to the jaw!! Loads of Thai blokes betting on the kids fighting!!

I think its shocking this is allowed, its one thing teaching your kid self defence but its another thing getting them into Thai Boxing at that early age, clearly none of them would have been there through choice!

The bloke whos boy had 60 odd fights even said "With his mum and dad being into the sport, he didnt really have much choice!!" Whatever is that all about?!
like i say i didnt see any one being forced

have you ver thought the no choice comment was made because children copy their parents by nature? i would have read it diffrently that all.

thai's gamble, it is quite normal to them like it is most asian cultures.

no offence but you clearly dont understand what muay thai boxing means to the thai people. it means more to than just a sport. its not about smashing people up. it has far more to do with discipline honour and respect. they continue to train their people in honour of their ancestors and their heritage. they do not see it as brutal. they believe it makes them better people.

fair enough your average english 10 year old isnt used to that so it may be unfair to ask them to train like the thais but that said if they understand what it is they are training in i think you will find that they will want it that way! ive seen the way the juniors look up to the trainers.

if he took a boot to the jaw he failed to defend properly and will soon learn lol if he cant take a boot to the jaw he is in the wrong profession! lets not forget its a boot from another evenly matched 10 year old not someone twice his height and weight.

some might not like this but it kind of puts into perspective home "tame" the fights were that you watched last night...

http://www.youtube.com/v/xGRw3jhC2gk
Old 25-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

Didn't watch it, didn't like the name of it
Old 25-04-2008, 08:08 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

let them crack on my mates kids do tae kwon do what ever and they go off and fight other kids
Old 25-04-2008, 08:32 PM
AndyGranger

I agree with Matt that last night was nothing compared with the video he put up
I know a couple of lads that box and they say there is a lot of dodgy dealings
Biased refs ,promotors that sway fights
Old 25-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AndyGranger
I agree with Matt that last night was nothing compared with the video he put up
I know a couple of lads that box and they say there is a lot of dodgy dealings
Biased refs ,promotors that sway fights
boody hell power ranger agrees with me! i must be wrong lol
Old 26-04-2008, 08:53 PM
mad dog younge
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

if you ask me fighting is better than your kids getting hold of guns and shooting up shit all over the place .and then the cops at you door telling you your kid is dead
Old 26-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no offence but you clearly dont understand what muay thai boxing means to the thai people. it means more to than just a sport. its not about smashing people up. it has far more to do with discipline honour and respect. they continue to train their people in honour of their ancestors and their heritage. they do not see it as brutal. they believe it makes them better people.
Your not wrong, i definately have no understanding of what it means to Thai people, im sure its alot different to what was on tv the other night though! The kids in that program were in the ring to honour there ancestors! LOL!

That video definately puts in into perspective though, a massive difference to the english fights!
Old 27-04-2008, 09:37 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its no head contact at all, and is totally safe.

If a child has a natural skill or talent for something (which i really think some of these have), then why not help them progress and make something of themselves? Its not bare knuckled fighting in a field! Its properly organised and safe. Just like wrestling really.

How do people think that all the succesful sports men/women get to the top of their game? They start from an early age and get experience and knowledge of the sport.

If they want to do it, then fair enough, if they dont, then fair enough imo.

Last edited by S1rst; 27-04-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 27-04-2008, 10:00 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Originally Posted by Coldo
..... http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Cutting-...31b7f6e9105a05 probably get wrong now for providing a torret link.........