General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Any 30 something singlies here ?

Search this Thread

Old 19-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Any 30 something singlies here ?

Well, I am.......and I was talking to one of the lads at work today who's married. He says he misses being able to go out when he wants, do what he wants etc and said he envies me. I countered that by saying that's all well and good, but when all your mates are shacked up / married with kids getting a night out is a real struggle, and I seem to spend alot of time on my own. I've got plenty of people I know, but I said that I find it really hard to get out and meet new people being the only one in my circle who is single. He couldn't grasp what I was saying, and thinks I'm out every weekend and end up in bed with a different women and I assured him I don't !

Anyone else in the same boat and struggle as well ?
Old 19-03-2008, 06:43 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More importantly, you want to ask yourself why you're NOT ending up with different women all the time!
Old 19-03-2008, 07:06 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cos we aint all that confident, Mr Pon lol

I'm not over 30.. but know what your saying mate. kinda anyway. lol
Old 19-03-2008, 07:10 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

best of both worlds would be married but still ending up in bed with 1 nighters every weekend.
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in a relationship and still manage to go out when i want, the missus does too

ok we both end up in the same bed at the end of the night,,,, but tbh when i was single there was a 10% chance of me getting laid,,,,,,,, prob less

so i wouldnt change things,,, its important to still go out and be normal like others though or you will start to resent the relationship i guess,,, but what do i know as ive been with my missus since i was 21 i think
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

yes it otally agree with you, im currently single and don't do anything that i think may make me meet new people. All my friends are currently in relationships and im not the sort of person to chat someone up anyway, unless im pissed of course.
Old 19-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

I just found my mates attitude a bit strange. I know they always say the grass is greener on the other side and all that, but...............

I agree entirely Ginge - you have to have your own space and your own life. Agree totally.
Old 19-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

think people take thing for granted, being single is good if all your mates are single,,, once they all paired up its awkward, its worse if you are all a big "couples" group

a guy i work with has split with hes missus,,,,,,,, best thing for him as she was a lazy leach !!!, but he gets down with the " i miss cuddling up to someone at night " thing

i gave him a " give up smoking" selection of stress toys to keep hes hands busy,,,, i told him i dont want him going blind

hes getting on with things now,,, but he is having it hard still i think
Old 19-03-2008, 07:50 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have the best of both worlds
Old 19-03-2008, 07:51 PM
christianh3
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Mr S1
Well, I am.......and I was talking to one of the lads at work today who's married. He says he misses being able to go out when he wants, do what he wants etc and said he envies me. I countered that by saying that's all well and good, but when all your mates are shacked up / married with kids getting a night out is a real struggle, and I seem to spend alot of time on my own. I've got plenty of people I know, but I said that I find it really hard to get out and meet new people being the only one in my circle who is single. He couldn't grasp what I was saying, and thinks I'm out every weekend and end up in bed with a different women and I assured him I don't !

Anyone else in the same boat and struggle as well ?
Im in that boat through choice, happily single have been since last august'ish. One thing i do miss now im this age is not having kiddies....yet. I'm sure i will when the time is right, would rather do it properly than do it for the sake of it and end up unhappy in a broken home.

Mr S1 do not think you're over the hill mate you'd be surprised at the number of ladies 10 years our junior who would be interested (if you want a younger bird that is!)....just keep positive keep fit try and look well things will fall into place.... i.e. dont moan about having no bird meeting no-one if you're a fat smelly jobless 30+ yr old etc
Old 19-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by christianh3
dont moan about having no bird meeting no-one if you're a fat smelly jobless 30+ yr old etc

nevera truer word said,,,,,, but i would also remind people IN RELATIONSHIPS to keep this in mind,,, i started to try and work on things when the misus mentioned ive gone a little too far,,, made me think tbh as id rather her WANT to be with me than be with me out of habit,,,, and should things change,,,,,, where would i THEN be,,,,,, wa hard enough getting a bird in the first place being ginger pmsl

if it makes any of you feel better ITS A FACT THERES A MAN SHORTAGE !!!, theres people out there with 4 birds on the go regular aswell as other things that come by

when ive seen people doing this i wonder why others are single tbh
Old 19-03-2008, 08:05 PM
christianh3

Originally Posted by Ginge !
nevera truer word said,,,,,, but i would also remind people IN RELATIONSHIPS to keep this in mind,,,
totally agree.... and something i usually forget..... i'm a dream machine when single and a fat bastard 6 months into a relationship......no wonder i usually get the push first LOL
Old 19-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by Ginge !
nevera truer word said,,,,,, but i would also remind people IN RELATIONSHIPS to keep this in mind,,, i started to try and work on things when the misus mentioned ive gone a little too far,,, made me think tbh as id rather her WANT to be with me than be with me out of habit,,,, and should things change,,,,,, where would i THEN be,,,,,, wa hard enough getting a bird in the first place being ginger pmsl

if it makes any of you feel better ITS A FACT THERES A MAN SHORTAGE !!!, theres people out there with 4 birds on the go regular aswell as other things that come by

when ive seen people doing this i wonder why others are single tbh
quality Ginge

Christian - nah, that ain't me mate. I work hard, got my own place, cars, money etc so some lazy fucker who's got fuck all I'm not - at all.
Old 19-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id fucking hate to be the only one of a load of mates who is single. If they at the stage where they not going out etc anyhow.

But then again id fucking hate to be shacked up with some bird just because "i dont wanna be single" even worse.

Dig some new mates up.
Old 19-03-2008, 08:22 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by JohnnyB
i have the best of both worlds
but your just a cunt and im jealous as fuck
Old 19-03-2008, 08:38 PM
christianh3

Christian - nah, that ain't me mate. I work hard, got my own place, cars, money etc so some lazy fucker who's got fuck all I'm not - at all.
Wasn't suggesting you was mate.... something will turn up, like stavros said try some new buddies, just keep yourself well, out & about, and as bufty as you can without turning into a gaylord and it'll all come good. Just be yourself relax have lad and girl mates. Take this as me bragging (cos i am lol) there's a bird at my works 22 not a stunner but well worth seeing to she is doing all the running not cos im whatever its just because im showing no romantic interest although i am being friendly polite etc.... women dont understand "happily single blokes" you become a conquest lol.... thing is i really am happily single.
Old 19-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

I was just wondering if I was the only one.......I'm not particularly worried about it too much right now, it just came up at work today. I was friendly with a women, who has gone all odd over the last few days and now won't talk to me or anything, which is how the subject came up in the first place. I spent half the weekend just gone with her and she was a good as gold !!

Odd.

Last edited by Mr S1; 19-03-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 19-03-2008, 08:50 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

if you spent half the weekend with her and she was good, the fact she's not talking now suggests that perhaps she didnt rate you as highly?
Old 19-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate dont try to work women out EVER, they are a simple breed who never know what they want,,, look after em and they fuck you over,,,,, be average/ treat em a little harsh at times and they seem to stay happier ???

maybe blokes are the same,, i dont know

but when ANYONE goes cold towards me its time to fuck them off,,, let them come back !

NEVER EVER run after a bird !
Old 19-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by fuzzy
if you spent half the weekend with her and she was good, the fact she's not talking now suggests that perhaps she didnt rate you as highly?
3 weekends on the trot suggest differently mate.......which is what is odd ! I'm not particularly bothered, more pissed off about it ! I ain't running after her. But noooo way.

Last edited by Mr S1; 19-03-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 19-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Katie

3 weekends on the trot suggest differently mate.......which is what is odd ! I'm not particularly bothered, more pissed off about it ! I ain't running after her. But noooo way.
The law of three good weekends in a row states that it's now cycle time...and not the bike variety
Old 19-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Old 19-03-2008, 10:32 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I think the point about staying trim and having a decent job is a good one. At 30 tbh your at the ideal age.

You have a huge range of birds to choose from, from the 20 year old to the 35 year old. The key is meeting these people....

Right, first up and going back to the first point, looking good, ALWAYS have smart clothes, clean shaved, good hair cut and smelling nice. I would also strongly suggest you take a good look at your teeth, women look at teeth and shoes, make sure both are as good as possible.

Be nice and smiley to every bird you meet, not overly, just confident and cheery. You may end up running into them from time to time, and a happy personality and smart dress makes for someone they will be more willing to talk to.

Next up - NEVER blank people, you may have mates of mates, or minker birds you know, if you see them,chat to them SO many times I have met women through a friend of a friend etc - more chance of doors opening if you chat to more people.

so many people are single and are crying out to meet a partner, but everyones is a little nervy, so you just have to be a confident happy person that people feel at ease around.

If you tend to meet no one day to day, then don't shy away from singles clubs, my sister does it, 10 - 20 people men and women go off on rambles, meals out, bowling etc etc - now you might not meet your partner on them, but you may make new friends, who introduce you to their friends, family etc, and you never know, your new mates cousin, sister, sisters mate etc etc may be the one!!

As said, it is about getting a larger cirlce of friends, meeting more people and having a relaxed happy attitude that makes people feel at ease.

Then you can get into a relationship and a year on the sex will be less frantic, the maoning more regular and you'll be saying to your single mates " I envie you, go out when you want etc etc"
Old 19-03-2008, 10:58 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

So, does your mates other halfs not let them out at the weekend for a night out then? Or go out with them?
Old 19-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Im 24 in June, I don't do to bad when it comes to getting a lay, but I get bored of it, same meat, same taste...

I need something different and more often
Old 19-03-2008, 11:02 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i am close to 30 fella and in the same sort of boat!pleased i aint alone in this tho!
Old 19-03-2008, 11:17 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

loads going on in this thread,1. if you are 30 you have a load of mates(ones you have not seen since early 20's)who will be breaking up with there partners right about now! you can go out on the town with them!

+you can go looking for a famale without it being the search for a wife!!

++ if you are cripplingly shy remember there will be much the same type of women out in the same places as you ,just make the move they can only say no!**you dont hang yourself at this point**.
Old 20-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

This thread is now making me laugh it isn't a divorced and desperates post I'm just wondered if I was the only one who thought it was all 'odd'
Old 20-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

When the fuck did you decide you like women???

Old 20-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dovboy
++ if you are cripplingly shy remember there will be much the same type of women out in the same places as you ,just make the move they can only say no!**you dont hang yourself at this point**.
Old 20-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

31 and single. Not got lots of mates who are single nowadays either.

Call it risky, call it madness, but match.com is quite entertaining. I have met a few nice girls through it. Take some time putting up a profile tho as most guys profiles make them look like fucking idiots

Good luck with that

RW
Old 20-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Whenever your looking for something, it'll never find you
Old 20-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

single but then i am ugly and broke,shy thick and a short arse
Old 20-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Less
single but then i am ugly and broke,shy thick and a short arse
You've had a girlfriend before so go and get another one
Old 20-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

i have a few gfs nath not looking at the min and always seem to find one when i not looking

with my charm and wit and being hu8ng like a horse (okay I admit its a sea horse) shouldnt be too hard to find another lol
Old 20-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Well on the plus side and after reading that Stu won't have any problems at all ...providing she's CYCLED past her best after date
Old 20-03-2008, 10:09 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

i would hope to be with a long term partner by the time im 35 but i cant see it happening at all
Old 20-03-2008, 10:18 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

i'm single now, have been for over a year after a 5 year relationship, and last year was great, loads of single buddies around, getting plenty of skirt....couldnt complain at all

and then christmas rolled round....the girl i was seeing went travelling for 18 months, my flatmate went travelling with my brother (my best drinking buddys) and my other best mate met a new girl.

now i'm back living with my parents, most of my friends are paired off, and i havent even got a shag at the minute

roll on 2009

Last edited by gingeRS; 20-03-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Any 30 something singlies here ?