General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

RC Helicopters

Search this Thread

Old 20-01-2008, 11:16 AM
salmon
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Helicopters

Anyone got one, not talking those little 2 channel things btw.

Just got a Walkera 22e and jesus its impossible to fly!! Anybody got any links to tips etc as already knackered 2 sets of blades and part of the linkages on the top and haven't managed to get any further then 2ft off the ground..
Old 20-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a little go with one of these the other days, not the same make as yours but similar! This one was a 3D multi directional job, and fuck me it was so responsive!!

Have you got any flight tuition discs with it? My uncle got a DVD with his that you can plug the hand controls into one of the sound ports on the PC and use the Controls to learn to fly on screen!! Excellent if you dont want to keep breaking it, be patient with it though, dont expect to be doing an Airwolf impression after 5 mins of flight!

Also, dunno how much experience you have with these, but take the time to trim it properly! It will make it ALOT more stable!
Old 20-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats why they sell those silly little cheap shitty ones ..once you have the theory of flight you progress upwards..
normally cheaper to crash them than keep buying replacement parts...
i wanted to get a petrol one.. but its not easy flying the smaller ones let alone a £700 plus one luckily i had a chat with an old neighbour and he let me try his practice one .. and fook me its not easy..
Old 20-01-2008, 11:59 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

so you cant do this then?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak2Zi8RIifM

Old 20-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Eagle
thats why they sell those silly little cheap shitty ones ..once you have the theory of flight you progress upwards..
normally cheaper to crash them than keep buying replacement parts...
i wanted to get a petrol one.. but its not easy flying the smaller ones let alone a £700 plus one luckily i had a chat with an old neighbour and he let me try his practice one .. and fook me its not easy..
Its not the same though, u cant fly a £40 2Ch one and then expect to be able to fly a 6Ch one!

With a 2Ch/3Ch, u can get it airbourne easily and usually fly it until the batteries die! With a 6Ch its far more complicated and you need to be confident enough to adjust controls mid flight if something isnt right!
Old 20-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Mr C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no but he has probably done this FPMSL, shiezer!!!!http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JdrBihTT3p0

I now know its easier to get lessons and cheaper in the long run, try your model supplier or local clubs and get it test flown by somebody who can - to check all is straight and your not battling against a poorly setup copter
Old 20-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mr C
I now know its easier to get lessons and cheaper in the long run, try your model supplier or local clubs and get it test flown by somebody who can - to check all is straight and your not battling against a poorly setup copter
I was going to say, it would be well worth visiting your local club if you want to fly it properly! At the one in Norwich they offer a tandem flight service so you can fly it and then if you get in trouble they take over!!

Trending Topics

Old 20-01-2008, 12:31 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr C
no but he has probably done this FPMSL, shiezer!!!!http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JdrBihTT3p0

what the fuck? surly on bigger more expensive choppers you have some sort of cut off switch on the remote to stop things like that happening?
Old 20-01-2008, 05:00 PM
salmon
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have tried a few of the free rc flight simulators and seens relatively easy on there, that is to get it to take off an hover. Mine when it takes off seems to pull over to one side and doesn't seem to take off straight. As said above think it needs setting up, although not sure if there are any local clubs to help as can't find any on the web.