General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Which tax annoys you most ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by neilm
Originally Posted by markk
AND, as an employer i have to match plus a bit more what ever my staff pay in NI contributions WTF is that all about, why do i want to pay for my staffs NI contribution?
Its so when they are off sick you can claim SSP.

Its so when they've given their lives to your company the State can pay them a pension to support them in their old age.

Its so when you go bust and there is no money to pay them any form of redundancy the state steps in and gives them a token payment so them and their little kiddies can eat.

If you dont want to pay employers contributions make them all self employed... and let them sort themselves out... its simple.

Alternatively, sack them all, close your company and get a job working for someone else.

All you chavs whinging about not paying any tax are the same dopey fookas down A&E every friday night trying to fight everyone because you've had one too many Breezers.... and who wasted all my tax money on 12 years at school where you couldnt be fookin bothered to learn anything and contribute something to this society.

As for sluts getting pregnant and getting a council house thats how 30% of this board has a roof over their heads because they are shacked up with some bird they've managed to get up the duff... or even some bird someone else managed to get up the duff... because they didnt make use of my tax money and learn something so they could get a proper job and support their familes without the help of the state.

And said people can have family tax credit and housing benefit and council tax benefit and all the other benefits they can scam.

Tax is so old folks can sit in a pool of piss in a hole run by the state rather than round your house, it pays for the immigrant women on minimum wage who mop up your grandparents piss because you dont want to.

For fooksake you morons this country doesnt run itself, the piper has to be paid, so shut up and put up, get over it and move on.

Oh and for the hard of thinking... the money doesnt go to directly to Gordon, he hasnt got a huge shoe box under his bed with all your money in... it goes to the state !

Although I do agree with the inheritance tax whinge as the tax has already been paid on the money they've earnt, except the profit on the property which hasnt technically been taxed.

If everyone was prepared to pay a little more income tax there wouldnt need to be all the other stupid stealth taxes to make up the short fall.

But a radical idea would be to legalise cannabis, open coffee shops like in Amsterdam and tax them, also legalise prostitution like in Amsterdam and tax that.
At last a man who speaks sense! You do a lot too i notice neil

wtf do people think the country would be like if the government aboloished taxes...like they could or would....
get real ffs Go live in outer mongolia if your not happy
Old 07-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Doh
Originally Posted by Lambchop
council tax fucks me right off. £252 a month for 2 bin collections and 2 recycling collections.
ouch u pay how much council tax! i'll stop whinging about my £103

is that because you live alone and get discount? i'd fucking LOVE to pay that much!!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Pon, you STILL don't understand what I am saying (or you choose to ignore it, whatever)

YES I have no intention of using the NHS. BECAUSE I WOULD RATHER GO PRIVATE THAN USE THE NHS FFS I didn't say I had no intention of NEEDING to use the NHS - I would just prefer it if the NHS didn't exist and we all had personal injury/medial cover and hospitals, whilst public buildings, were all funded by our personal medical insurance!

I'm not saying I don't want to use the NHS (well I am actually lol) I'm saying I don't want to HAVE to use the NHS...

To those harping on about how private medical care doesn't cover cancer. You're right, it doesn't - in this country. BECAUSE of us having the NHS. How do you think it works in the US for example (no NHS, all private insurance) Do you think when someone comes in with cancer they say "sorry, personal medical doesn't cover this, go to Britiain where they do it on the NHS" and shut the door? No of course not! So if that system works there, why can it not work here?

The reason it won't work here is cos there are too many work shy layabouts that don't wanna fork out what they would see as an extra outgoing. They would rather sponge off the system using shit for free. I fully understand my NI "contribution" pays for whatever medical care I need via the NHS, many don't. They simply assume that medical care is free and taken for granted. So to impose a need for them to pay their own health/medical care insurance they say "fuck that, I want it for free off the NHS"

YOU DON'T GET IT FOR FREE FFS! HENCE NI!!!!!!

What I would like to see is the abolishment of the NHS, everything private with your own insurance, or at the very least a CHOICE between who you pay - government in NI or Bupa (for example) for private care.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by Thrush
Originally Posted by RichardPON
Thursh, you clueless muppet!

It's National "INSURANCE". Did that bit not give it away?

You might as well phone up Greenlight or Admiral and say "I didn't crash my car this year - I want a rebate"

Not that I don't agree that it's poor value for money, but not having income tax either?

How would you suggest services were run? From charitable contributions?

Deary me.........
Pon you twat, I do know what insurance is. Point is, we are paying a premium for this insurance, for healthcare for example, and yet when we want to use it, we can't? I could pay my own "insurance" by signing up to bupa, and if I fall down a break my ankle, I gaurantee you I'll be in a hospital within a few hours having whatever operation or medical proceedure needed.

So in that light, why the fuck should I pay it? I don't use the NHS service, and have little intention of using it, and when I have had to, the cunts haven't done anything for me.

Bit like paying car insurance, pranging it and then the insurance company not paying out for it. You'd be pissed right?

It would be much fairer if there was a system where you could choose what form of insurance you wanted. Don't wanna go private? Fine, tick a box says NHS and you get NI deductions from your wages. I want private, so I'll tick a box marked private. Don't see why I should still have to pay NI tho if I go private as I won't use any of these NI "benefits" will i....

Open your fucking eyes for a change rather than conciously looking for something to can try and tear apart to make you look big on the internet
Big on the internet?

Surely that's better than preaching about simple basic economic function that you don't even understand?

You have no intention of using the NHS? It's insurance you spanner! I have no intention of getting knocked down by a bus tomorrow, but it could happen.

Wait till you've HAD to use services like the NHS. Wait till you've seen the nurses on fuck all wage a year caring for your relatives like one of their own.

Stick to fitting windscreens and leave macro economics to people that have even the most vague understanding.
Pon thats the most sensible thing I have ever seen you write on here
Old 07-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Shame your not as bright on this subject as you are on drums Matt
Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

What if you fell at work matt and severley hurt yourself and couldnt work? Surely you'd want incapacity benefit? What if you get married and you lass gets pregnant? You could pay your mortgage, keep both of you and then pay for the baby stuff etc with your lass getting NO MATERNITY pay???? Its not just for the NHS
Old 07-01-2008, 11:22 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It's all a bloody joke and theirs no way of avoiding it

Let's see when all the troops return if theirs a decrease in certain taxes that have been paying for a war, which has very little benefit to the British tax payers
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
black scoob
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got to be income tax, although road tax is a joke as well, just where does all the money go, some of the roads are in a shocking state....
Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Katie

Originally Posted by Thrush
Pon, you STILL don't understand what I am saying (or you choose to ignore it, whatever)

YES I have no intention of using the NHS. BECAUSE I WOULD RATHER GO PRIVATE THAN USE THE NHS FFS I didn't say I had no intention of NEEDING to use the NHS - I would just prefer it if the NHS didn't exist and we all had personal injury/medial cover and hospitals, whilst public buildings, were all funded by our personal medical insurance!

I'm not saying I don't want to use the NHS (well I am actually lol) I'm saying I don't want to HAVE to use the NHS...

To those harping on about how private medical care doesn't cover cancer. You're right, it doesn't - in this country. BECAUSE of us having the NHS. How do you think it works in the US for example (no NHS, all private insurance) Do you think when someone comes in with cancer they say "sorry, personal medical doesn't cover this, go to Britiain where they do it on the NHS" and shut the door? No of course not! So if that system works there, why can it not work here?

The reason it won't work here is cos there are too many work shy layabouts that don't wanna fork out what they would see as an extra outgoing. They would rather sponge off the system using shit for free. I fully understand my NI "contribution" pays for whatever medical care I need via the NHS, many don't. They simply assume that medical care is free and taken for granted. So to impose a need for them to pay their own health/medical care insurance they say "fuck that, I want it for free off the NHS"

YOU DON'T GET IT FOR FREE FFS! HENCE NI!!!!!!

What I would like to see is the abolishment of the NHS, everything private with your own insurance, or at the very least a CHOICE between who you pay - government in NI or Bupa (for example) for private care.
Same argument could be made for private education though. Why pay for everyone elses kids to go to state school and yours to private?....paying twice.....but if people on higher tax didn't pay that high tax there'd be fuck all in the pot to make many a failing school for most of us to go to.

I have to say you would have been a useful aid to the New Right in 1979. Abolish the welfare state and all that lol.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

if there was a breakdown available of where our taxes went then at least we could understand how mcuh was going where and how it was being utlised

i pay close to £400 a month in tax and another near £200 in NI plus the other bits and bbs that get deducted

now forgive me for being greedy, but £600 a month = £7200 over the course of the year, enough to keep captain hook in hooks and lady slapper's kids in nappies

why can't it go towards making the lumps in the pavement smoother? or the lighting better? or the nurseries freer? or any of that other shit that we put up with that shouldn't be shit?

oh, you think that's paid for by the councils do you, then were does my £125 a month go on? ebcause even though our bins are collected once a week, the dozy fuckers who they emply leave everyone fucing wheelie bin in the neighbours garden, who then contaminated it with the shit from their disabled kids clostomy bags

or should my £8700 a year go towards pying my greedy fooker neighbours almost a grand a week because they've spawned 6 kids?

i cuold go on but what's the point? gorden brown is a cunt, tony b liar was a cent before him, the wicked witch was an even bigger cunt and until we get someone who's just an arsehole in charge nothings ever going to change
Old 08-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Ian M500COS
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Without a doubt it has to be "fuel duty" on petrol!

I have absolutely no objections to paying taxes but it chaffs my anally bleached sphincter when my hard earned contribution is pissed up against the wall by Whitehall butt monkeys who probably could not even use an abacus at primary school!

And 75% of the £22 billion per annum raised from road tax should not be used to house immigrants - though a small percentage could be allocated to build a big ship to send them back to their place of origin - alive or dead, not fussed!!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Ex-Finesse
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by dojj
if there was a breakdown available of where our taxes went then at least we could understand how mcuh was going where and how it was being utlised
Money raised via tax:

How it is spent, by sector:

Old 08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Ian M500COS
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Ex-Finesse
Originally Posted by dojj
Money raised via tax:

How it is spent, by sector:

Well that's what they want us to believe anyway. Remember there is the truth, lies and statistics!

They will fudge until they are blue in the face to hide the real extent of public fund mismanagement!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:52 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

I think a big point some people are missing is that while Tax is a necessary evil... the whole thing needs to be re-organized.

There are so many out dated, out moded, out lived rules with tax when quite simply they could bundle it all together and make life a lot easier and save millions in the process.

E.g. my example on road tax and fuel duty. Just put the two together, save millions on admin.

Or VAT... what is the point? Just ditch VAT, and put it on income tax, bye bye tax returns, vat claim forms ect ect it would save MILLIONS in paper and man hours.

My god, if the government was a company it would have lost out to it competitors years ago on the basis that it seems to be incapable of streamlining itself.

I dont mind paying my tax, but christ they could make it so much easier for everyone and save a bundle in the process.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

XRT_Stu

How can you put income vat and income tax together, vat is a tax on things bought right? so when i work out of the country for my 183 days a year i can then claim back my tax getting all my purchases cheaper than everyone else

It doesnt work
Old 09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
XRT_Stu

How can you put income vat and income tax together, vat is a tax on things bought right? so when i work out of the country for my 183 days a year i can then claim back my tax getting all my purchases cheaper than everyone else

It doesnt work

My reasoning being if Johnny pleb pays 17.5% VAT on everything anyway (and can anyone name anything that doesn't have VAT if you buy it in thie country??) which basically means we get taxed x% + 17.5% so infact we are taxed x% + 17.5% = y% why not just charge us y% at the wage and stop all this faffing about with adding it to goods, then companies haveing to claim it back ect ect. Think of the millions the goverment would save doing company VAT returns every year because all of a sudden, there isn't a reason to claim it back, they aint being charged.

Am I making any sence??
Old 09-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
wtf do people think the country would be like if the government aboloished taxes...like they could or would....
get real ffs
you say that..... but don't parliament all have to "vote" the budget in?

income tax has been abolished before. a while ago granted, but it HAS to be renewed each year. Look up "war tax" It's on the IR's website, so no conspiracy here