General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Which tax annoys you most ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:26 AM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1feathers
Fooking car tax (amongst others) as the roads are in a completely shite state near me.:
my mate just got neerly £400 off the council cos he fucked a wheel on a pothole in the road, the wheels where only worth £100
Old 06-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

council tax fucks me right off. £252 a month for 2 bin collections and 2 recycling collections.

as said tho inheritance tax is a right fucking twat and something i'm gonna have bother with in the future
Old 06-01-2008, 11:34 AM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
council tax fucks me right off. £252 a month for 2 bin collections and 2 recycling collections.

as said tho inheritance tax is a right fucking twat and something i'm gonna have bother with in the future
yeah my mum and dad have paid a bit of dollar so that we (brother and sister) dont have to shell out the full amount

there is ways around it buut they are closing up all the loops holes

greedy b"£$^*d's
Old 06-01-2008, 11:38 AM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by smitsturbo
Originally Posted by 1feathers
Fooking car tax (amongst others) as the roads are in a completely shite state near me.:
my mate just got neerly £400 off the council cos he fucked a wheel on a pothole in the road, the wheels where only worth £100
its ok though, because you love paying loads of tax to cover it
Old 06-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is anyone going to do anything about it?

Nope, thought not, get back to work and pay your taxes fools!

*Living in a democracy, we could actually vote against our "temporary war tax" (read income tax). *
Old 06-01-2008, 01:18 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by neilm
Originally Posted by markk
AND, as an employer i have to match plus a bit more what ever my staff pay in NI contributions WTF is that all about, why do i want to pay for my staffs NI contribution?
Its so when they are off sick you can claim SSP.

Its so when they've given their lives to your company the State can pay them a pension to support them in their old age.

Its so when you go bust and there is no money to pay them any form of redundancy the state steps in and gives them a token payment so them and their little kiddies can eat.

If you dont want to pay employers contributions make them all self employed... and let them sort themselves out... its simple.

Alternatively, sack them all, close your company and get a job working for someone else.

All you chavs whinging about not paying any tax are the same dopey fookas down A&E every friday night trying to fight everyone because you've had one too many Breezers.... and who wasted all my tax money on 12 years at school where you couldnt be fookin bothered to learn anything and contribute something to this society.

i actually work for some one and employ several people as well, if you knew fook all you would then know you cannot make them self employed other wise i would have, the governement stopped that for this very reason,
every one has to work, and as the reward you get paid, thats how it works, if your sick why is that my fault ?
just remind me why again i need to pay NI contributions for my staff over and above there own contribution
its because the government pisses is up against the wall on non related items - i.e wars, immigrants, lazy bastards as with all taxes. if everyone put in the same amount of work as the other then we would all be better off, but instead people like me have to pay extra for the mis-managed shit hole of a country.

oh and just another point for you Mr clever cunt - if i closed my business are you going to employ my staff when they are looking to CLAIM from your tax contributions ?
Old 06-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Income tax is a cunt - as said why should be bust our bollocks to earn money only to lose 20-25% of it?

But National Insurance is the one that pisses me off... Would be fine if it worked, but it don't. I've paid national insurance for 10yrs, and in that time been to hostipal ONCE. And I had to sit there for 4hrs waiting to be told there's nothing they could do for me. (I busted my ankle, couldn't move it, put any weight on it, and it clicked a lot, hospital refused to xray it Told me to sit at home and "put my feet up" ) That was between xmas and new years 2006. Prior to that the last time I was in a hospital was 1996

Point is, if I pay so fucking much over the years for "medical insurance" and don't use it, when I do go to hospital I wanna be fucking seen, and not wait half a day while every other non-taxpaying cunt comes in after me and gets seen before me

I'd go bupa, but you can't NOT pay N.I

Should scrap the NHS and make it all private like in the states.... Don't earn enough to pay medical insurance? Then you don't get medical care, problem solved!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:53 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
Point is, if I pay so fucking much over the years for "medical insurance" and don't use it, when I do go to hospital I wanna be fucking seen, and not wait half a day while every other non-taxpaying cunt comes in after me and gets seen before me

Should scrap the NHS and make it all private like in the states.... Don't earn enough to pay medical insurance? Then you don't get medical care, problem solved!

well said that man - now thats what im talking about
Old 06-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by dazoriginal
Originally Posted by andyt
Originally Posted by gus
dont get me started

i hate every kind of tax full stop
2ND that
3rd that

4th
Old 06-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

It's like the recent news stuff about the NHS - smokers and drinkers might not get any free medical care any longer from the NHS. Now that is bollocks! I have to pay N.I. but then don't get any free medical care, and have to pay for that also? Why in the fuck would I want to pay twice for shit health care when I can go bupa and pay once and get a much better deal and much better treatment?

Fucking state of the country is a joke

honest question, can someone actually list for me what it is I get out of my N.I payments? What benefits do I get that I can't pay someone else for? Is it mainly health insurance and state pension? Cos if so I don't want it - I'll go private healthcare and set up my own pension fund.... Be interested to see the list tho
Old 06-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

One thing that is a little ironic about the Ni "contributions" (how in the fuck are they a contribution anyway? You don't get a choice! They TAKE it from you, so hardly a contribution!!!!! ) is SICK people don't have to pay N.I. Erm, they're the ones who will be using the resources of the NI scheme!!!!! So if you AREN'T sick you pay for it and don't use it, but if you ARE sick, you don't pay for it, and you use the benefits from it....

Sums up the state of this countries governmemt doesn't it. Fine bunch of head-screwed-on people I'm sure
Old 06-01-2008, 02:12 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Exactly m8.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:13 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

It's like the recent news stuff about the NHS - smokers and drinkers might not get any free medical care any longer from the NHS. Now that is bollocks! I have to pay N.I. but then don't get any free medical care, and have to pay for that also? Why in the fuck would I want to pay twice for shit health care when I can go bupa and pay once and get a much better deal and much better treatment?

Fucking state of the country is a joke

honest question, can someone actually list for me what it is I get out of my N.I payments? What benefits do I get that I can't pay someone else for? Is it mainly health insurance and state pension? Cos if so I don't want it - I'll go private healthcare and set up my own pension fund.... Be interested to see the list tho
its fucking bollocks mate, heres another example, person born with the likes of asthma, not caused by anything in particular, yet you have to pay for your prescriptions, yet a woman gets pregnant and gets free prescriptions and dental care WHO THE FOOK THOUGHT OF THAT BOLLOCKS ?
Old 06-01-2008, 02:17 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Thursh, you clueless muppet!

It's National "INSURANCE". Did that bit not give it away?

You might as well phone up Greenlight or Admiral and say "I didn't crash my car this year - I want a rebate"

Not that I don't agree that it's poor value for money, but not having income tax either?

How would you suggest services were run? From charitable contributions?

Deary me.........
Old 06-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

The intelligence of people on here is shocking!

I actually think the NHS is amazing. NEVER had a bad experience! I've got private health care but never use it really. NHS is bob on.

oh and for people moaning about income tax.... when you start having 6 figure income tax bills you can moan!!! until then, do one!

oh and Thrush.... 99% of health care policies do NOT cover you for Cancer and other conditions like that. All NHS.... and amazing they are too in my experience.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:44 PM
kevandalice
PassionFord Regular

To the people wro say "i never use the hospital" etc.
If you became injured and needed major surgery i bet you'd expect to get it
Old 06-01-2008, 03:58 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Road tax, totally pointless on the fact we also pay fuel duty.

They should get rid of road tax, save millions in enforcing it, give us less of a headache and just put a couple of pence on fuel tax, that way people with polluting cars or use their car a lot automatically pay more but the people who have economical cars or don't use em that much save in the end.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Wardy257
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Tic Tax - You either cant get any out of the box, or 3 come at once
Old 06-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Ex-Finesse
PassionFord Regular

Income tax is a cunt - as said why should be bust our bollocks to earn money only to lose 20-25% of it?
Because how else will the Army or Nurses be paid??

Will the Police patrol our streets for nothing??

Will dependants of the state jump out of bed healed and begin working?

No, so the ones who rely on these services must pay for them via a common contribution.

This is the PRINCIPLE of tax and I can't see how anyone can question it.

The way tax is collected, or distributed is what many people clearly cannot distinguish between.

Personally, I hate the amount of tax we pay, and how it is dished out in spades to people, in particular the 2.5 million people on "incapacity benefit".

However, the tax I hate most is VAT. It is an extra tax that primarily affects the tax payer and small businesses. It also creates a massive amount of administration for businesses and HMRC, only to be reclaimed by themselves or their customer.

Above all though, it is liable to Caroussel fraud. This is estimated at £3bn a year, a substantial portion of the total income that VAT provides!

If VAT were abolished, thousands of people would be freed for work (hopefully in the private sector), the fraud would disappear overnight and prices would drop for all end consumers.

However, as an Accountant / tax advisor, other professionals in my field would be completely out of work.....

That's long enough
Old 06-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Ex-Finesse
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by kevandalice
I think the NHS should be privatised!

If you want healthcare, get yourself insured!

However that wouldn't go down well with the unions, or the lower paid types. Ironically, they're the ones that use the service most!

NYE anyone......
Old 06-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Ex-Finesse
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Porkie
oh and for people moaning about income tax.... when you start having 6 figure income tax bills you can moan!!! until then, do one!
Doesn't it annoy you that 50% will go to good causes (Army, healthcare, police, etc.)...

While the other 50% will prob go to bureaucracy, undeserving benefit handouts, etc.....

It certainly winds me up!

Ooooooooohh and forgot to mention... PM me for tax advice! Heritance tax especially!
Old 06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

cant believe people want the NHS privatised, what a joke, lets all get in a time machine and go back 100 years

ok its not the best but it is a health care service that we are all likely to use more than once in our lives?
Old 06-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by RichardPON

You might as well phone up Greenlight or Admiral and say "I didn't crash my car this year - I want a rebate"

Not that I don't agree that it's poor value for money, but not having income tax either?

Deary me.........
Pon you twat, I do know what insurance is. Point is, we are paying a premium for this insurance, for healthcare for example, and yet when we want to use it, we can't? I could pay my own "insurance" by signing up to bupa, and if I fall down a break my ankle, I gaurantee you I'll be in a hospital within a few hours having whatever operation or medical proceedure needed.

So in that light, why the fuck should I pay it? I don't use the NHS service, and have little intention of using it, and when I have had to, the cunts haven't done anything for me.

Bit like paying car insurance, pranging it and then the insurance company not paying out for it. You'd be pissed right?

It would be much fairer if there was a system where you could choose what form of insurance you wanted. Don't wanna go private? Fine, tick a box says NHS and you get NI deductions from your wages. I want private, so I'll tick a box marked private. Don't see why I should still have to pay NI tho if I go private as I won't use any of these NI "benefits" will i....

Open your fucking eyes for a change rather than conciously looking for something to can try and tear apart to make you look big on the internet
Old 06-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

The intelligence of people on here is shocking!

I actually think the NHS is amazing. NEVER had a bad experience! I've got private health care but never use it really. NHS is bob on.

oh and Thrush.... 99% of health care policies do NOT cover you for Cancer and other conditions like that. All NHS.... and amazing they are too in my experience.
You are lucky then, cos I have never had a good expirience with the NHS. As I said I went last year, sat in a waiting room for 4hrs, finally got seen and was told to go home. I could have had something major wrong with my ankle (and don't tell me the doc obviously knew it was okay as she told me face to face she had no idea what was wrong with it at all - lots of confidence there). When I asked for an xray I was told you had to have a history of a problematic area and at least three prior vists regarding this problem before an xray would be performed. I said I'd rather they DID an xray now so as to reduce the chance of it BECOMING a a problematic situation so I don't have to make three visits and end up with permanent damage. Which would make sense you wuld think... As I said, after paying NI for 10 yrs you'd think I'd paid them enough to have one little xray

I actually was wrong and had to go the year before aswell (forgot about it) to get stiches in my thumb when I cut it open. Drove myself there, sat in recpetion for 3hrs, was told to move my car out of the carpark else it would be clamped as it's for visitors only Sat bleeding in recpetion for another hour and a half, then finally got three stiches put in. Which promtly came loose the next morning and began to come out. Had to go back, waited 2hrs, had new ones put in. Which came loose the following morning Went to my GP at that point and had new ones put in within 30mins which stayed on for the next week as they should do. So I suppose I did have one good expirience, but it was at a clinic as opposed to a hospital.

And your comment about 6 figure income tax bill is a bit pointless. It's not like you earn 20k a year and pay a 6figure bill is it? It's all reletive - if your bill is 6figures, then thats still only 40% of the total income for the year, so not like you would be hard up to be able to pay it. The nam in the street earing less than £20k tho might struggle to pay bills etc and a lighter income tax bill would probably help there......
Old 06-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by Ex-Finesse

However that wouldn't go down well with the unions, or the lower paid types. Ironically, they're the ones that use the service most!

NYE anyone......
This is what I am saying! We don't all pay the government so I can get a new TV if someone breaks in and steals it do we? No thats what home and contents insurance is for. We don't all pay the government so I get a new car if someone steals mine or I smash it up do we? No thats what car insurance is for. You wouldn't wanna pay a contribution to some cunt you never met in your life so he gets a new car after driving his into a tree would you? Of course you wouldn't - you'd tell him he should have had insurance! So why the fuck should I pay for someone elses leg operation? I don't. So I don't see why we can't have the option of paying for either private or NHS healthcare. Cos I'd go private everytime!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Maybe in this country, but look at America for example. No NHS there. No insurance? No treatment then. But yet they can do cancer care and other conditions like our NHS over here does. So why wouldn't that work here?

I'm too young to remember the Thatcher years and the changes implemented, so I can't coment from expirience, but talking to those that were there and lived through those ages/times, when the NHS was implemented it did actually work. But these days it doesn't (comparred to then, so I am told). I think it should go back to privatisation. Or we should at least get the CHOICE of what we want - in this democracy we live in, it seems all I can see is people telling me what I can and can't do, what I have no choice about and there's fuck all I can do about it. Democracy? Sounds like dictatorship to me
Old 06-01-2008, 06:00 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

tax is great. how else could we put right the worlds problems whilst welcoming the worlds less desirables with state handouts and accomodation whilst our own people suffer and go without?
i dont understand how people can complain about tax.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:08 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ex-Finesse

NYE anyone......
This is what I am saying! We don't all pay the government so I can get a new TV if someone breaks in and steals it do we? No thats what home and contents insurance is for. We don't all pay the government so I get a new car if someone steals mine or I smash it up do we? No thats what car insurance is for. You wouldn't wanna pay a contribution to some cunt you never met in your life so he gets a new car after driving his into a tree would you? Of course you wouldn't - you'd tell him he should have had insurance! So why the fuck should I pay for someone elses leg operation? I don't. So I don't see why we can't have the option of paying for either private or NHS healthcare. Cos I'd go private everytime!
Well done for the most stupid comment I have EVER read on Passionford. There are some pretty stupid comments throughout this thread, but yours takes the prize ....

As porkie has said, medical insurance does NOT cover Cancer, as my farther found out last year ... He was diagnosed with Multiple Myloma (bone cancer) in September 2007. This is a terminal illness, but there is a fair bit of treatment that can be carried out to prolong life.

Now this came completely out of the blue, as he was only 59 and never had any other health issues, and was discovered by a blood test as he had just been feeling tired and run-down for a bit. He has been in and out of hospital ever since and will be for the rest of his life. He has never claimed any type of benefit before, but as he has been off work for the last year and a bit, due to having chemotherapy etc, companys are only under obligation to pay you for 6 months off work. So now he is claiming incapacity benefit as his wages have been stopped. Do you think this is wrong for someone that has served in the airforce, and has paid his taxes all his life??

You don't know what is happening in a few seconds, let alone over the course of your life, to make fucking stupid statements like that just shows the lack of education some people really have about the most basic things YOU, or a member of your family may find out tommorow they have a condition that will require a life-long treatment, would you deny them this because they don't earn a huge wage?

I agree that a lot of people rape the benefit system, but making a sweeping, stupid statement like you have beggers belief ....
Old 07-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

income and inheritance tax are the ones i find most annoying... along with the way it all tots up until as has been mentioned you end up with 20% of the money you earn (figure totally off the top of my head) actually going on things you want and not tax.
another good one is capital gains tax... i have a flat i used to live in that i rent out. the rental income doesnt' quite cover the mortgage so i make up the difference. then i have to pay tax on the rental income as well. takes the piss.

and thrush - re income tax, try 40%. now THAT REALLY sucks..
Old 07-01-2008, 12:00 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

I hate ALL taxes.................40% of my wages goes every month
Old 07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by project rs
i hate the road tax as we pay billions into it but the government only uses millions on roads the rest gets swallowed up else were but thats not what it's for if they used even half what we put in then all our roads would be like race tracks and your alloys and tyres would smile with joy let alone your suspensions.
u ever came to malta? In here, ull be like driving on the moon pmsl
________
Pattaya appartments

Last edited by Ryan_3; 07-09-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Agree, IF it's life threatening.

When I had Cancer the NHS service was second to none. However, my wife has bad knees from years of dancing, GP wasn't that fussed. After I joined O2 and got family health care in the space of 4 weeks she has been diagnosed and is booked in for an op on both knees.

I have no problem with tax if it's money well spent. At the end of the day we pay it for a variety of services. In a simplistic form it's no different from getting your car serviced. If it was a crap job you'd bitch and moan but you just can't do that with the government because it's such a huge bureaucratic nightmare. Even if you voted in a different government it's still the same old systems and processes doing the monkey work behind the scenes and none of the parties are prepared to tackle it. This is what really gets me wound up.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DanCossie
I hate ALL taxes.................40% of my wages goes every month
really? not just 40% over a certain limit?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

This pisses me off:

Two involved people living in a house earning £28K(ish) a piece pay the lower rate of income tax.

Compared with:

Two involved people living in a house, one earning £10K a year , the other earning £46K(ish) a year will have to pay more income tax due to one hitting the higher rate of tax.

Or

Two involved people living in a house, one earning £56K(ish) a year , the other earning £0 as they stay at home to look after the kids again have to pay higher rate of tax due to the sole earner hitting the higher rate of tax.

Should be allowed to split your tax allowance with your partner...!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:41 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Deary me.........
Pon you twat, I do know what insurance is. Point is, we are paying a premium for this insurance, for healthcare for example, and yet when we want to use it, we can't? I could pay my own "insurance" by signing up to bupa, and if I fall down a break my ankle, I gaurantee you I'll be in a hospital within a few hours having whatever operation or medical proceedure needed.

So in that light, why the fuck should I pay it? I don't use the NHS service, and have little intention of using it, and when I have had to, the cunts haven't done anything for me.

Bit like paying car insurance, pranging it and then the insurance company not paying out for it. You'd be pissed right?

It would be much fairer if there was a system where you could choose what form of insurance you wanted. Don't wanna go private? Fine, tick a box says NHS and you get NI deductions from your wages. I want private, so I'll tick a box marked private. Don't see why I should still have to pay NI tho if I go private as I won't use any of these NI "benefits" will i....

Open your fucking eyes for a change rather than conciously looking for something to can try and tear apart to make you look big on the internet
Big on the internet?

Surely that's better than preaching about simple basic economic function that you don't even understand?

You have no intention of using the NHS? It's insurance you spanner! I have no intention of getting knocked down by a bus tomorrow, but it could happen.

Wait till you've HAD to use services like the NHS. Wait till you've seen the nurses on fuck all wage a year caring for your relatives like one of their own.

Stick to fitting windscreens and leave macro economics to people that have even the most vague understanding.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Jb's ladie
Banned

Car tax
Old 07-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Doh
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
ouch u pay how much council tax! i'll stop whinging about my £103
Old 07-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[

Wait till you've HAD to use services like the NHS. Wait till you've seen the nurses on fuck all wage a year caring for your relatives like one of their own.

I have so much respect for the nurses. When I got given the all clear the nurse was in tears with me
Old 07-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

inheritance tax boils my piss, tax has already been paid on them so how the fuck can they tax them again.

Quick Reply: Which tax annoys you most ?