General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Which tax annoys you most ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 06:12 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Which tax annoys you most ?

Income tax does my fookin head in .
Old 05-01-2008, 06:14 PM
RS LOZWORTH
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TAX on my fooking wages! i dont like busting my balls every day for gordon clown!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:15 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

road tax!!why the fuck should i pay the same tax as someone who uses their car everday!!i only use mine at the weekend
Old 05-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

erm,,,,, council tax fucks me off...... income tax also.. car tax, yeah i fucking hate car tax

VAT i hate that too,,,,,, on and in about 15 years im also gonna hate inheritence tax too

property tax may become a nightmare in the furture
Old 05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Income tax has never bothered me, I don't think about it.

Stuff like fuel tax and car tax bothers me, also capital gains and paying tax on a dead relatives estate when he/she has paid tax through their life to get said estate.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:24 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

inheritance tax is the only one that really pisses me off, not that im affected but there are a lot of people who work all their lives and have to pay a percentage to them before their loved ones get their hands on it.

as if you havnt paid enough tax throughout your life
Old 05-01-2008, 06:27 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

dont get me started

i hate every kind of tax full stop
Old 05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Everything which involves tax pisses me off. I wouldnt mind paying road tax if the roads were in good condition instead of having pot holes all over.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:43 PM
lammylama
Advanced PassionFord User

i lost Ł20000 from fucking inheritance tax,that doesnt include the other 20k my sister lost too.

Its a fucking liberty IMO........also hate fuel and car tax.

This country fucking sucks when it comes to tax
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 PM
A12DY B
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

inheritance is the one that really takes the piss,

someone works and gets taxed on their wages or

they can spend it and pay vat/tax or

save it and when the unfortunate happens the government are there to rape it before any loved ones get it

why the fook should they have right to take money that has been hard earned and tax paid already and stop it going to the people they wanted it to
Old 05-01-2008, 07:27 PM
lammylama

Originally Posted by A12DY B
inheritance is the one that really takes the piss,

someone works and gets taxed on their wages or

they can spend it and pay vat/tax or

save it and when the unfortunate happens the government are there to rape it before any loved ones get it

why the fook should they have right to take money that has been hard earned and tax paid already and stop it going to the people they wanted it to
Its outrageous mate...what greedy coont thought that one up
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by gus
dont get me started

2ND that
Old 05-01-2008, 08:12 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Council tax = Fucking joke!

Petrol tax!!

Inheritance tax wtf is that all about?

And the extra income tax on earnings over Ł33k a year iirc

Not on that yet, but it wont be to long
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

surely theres a way round inheritance tax before the relative dies? if its a gift you cant be taxed on it right?

i hate any tax i have to pay, the others i dont mind.
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd love to know out of Ł100 earned what its actually worth by the time you've paid income tax, tax on fuel, tax on food, tax on roads etc etc etc...... probably worth about Ł30 after getting taxed to the hilt!!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

No t ax pisses me off as to live in the kind of place we do youve got to pay apart from one

Car tax. Should do away with it and put it on fuel. I shouldnt have to pay the same road tax doing 10k per year as somone doing 100k
Old 05-01-2008, 09:22 PM
lammylama

Originally Posted by xr-stu
surely theres a way round inheritance tax before the relative dies? if its a gift you cant be taxed on it right?

i hate any tax i have to pay, the others i dont mind.
We looked into this.....any money,assets,houses can be transfered to other family members BUT the person who is transfering has to live for a further 7 years or it means nothing.
In other words its to stop ppl who are on deaths door signing over everything they own to avoid paying inheritance tax......its fucking bollocks
Old 05-01-2008, 09:24 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Inheritance tax is immoral - all inheritance has already been subject to tax, so it is just govt greed.

Stamp duty is Labours cash cow by refusing to link it to house prices

VAT on petrol duty is tax on tax.

Only in this country guys!

JJ
Old 05-01-2008, 09:25 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

Originally Posted by andyt
Originally Posted by gus
dont get me started

2ND that
3rd that
Old 05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
project rs

i hate the road tax as we pay billions into it but the government only uses millions on roads the rest gets swallowed up else were but thats not what it's for if they used even half what we put in then all our roads would be like race tracks and your alloys and tyres would smile with joy let alone your suspensions. lets face it if you work enjoy a drink after work, smoke and drive you are probably single handedly propping up society
Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Environment taxes - Fuck right off, you spend the damn money on immigration services and holidays for MP's wives.

Road tax = Be nice if it was spent on the roads.

Council Tax - Goes up every year for less and less and now they want to charge for collecting the rubbish on top and change the schedule to every fortnight.

Fuel Duty - Since when is fuel a sodding luxury, without transport, fuck all would get done.

Import duty - I pay for something in another country, my choice but because it comes into the UK, I have to pay tax on something that only I will benefit from, nobody else will. Ethically, thats robbery.

Insurance Premium Tax - Why????

Direct Debit monthly credit agreements - Not strictly tax, but another way to get extra money out of consumers. If you pay something via direct debit, there is normally a credit charge on it. Mostly with insurance companies, so this and insurance tax, you get done over twice (three times if you have an accident and they don't pay out).

Overall, most taxes nowadays are stealth and are just because the majority of government are a bunch of greedy mismanaging twats who wouldn't get a job in the private sector.

RANT OVER.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:56 PM
JTECH James
Passion for Fords!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gold membership
Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
tichy.cosworth
PassionFord Regular

all of them
Old 05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Originally Posted by tichy.cosworth
all of them
...........yup
Old 05-01-2008, 10:14 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

i think u are forgetting we have got to pay for all those needy,friendly asylum seekers,house them,feed them etc so i dont mind paying for them oh and lets not forget all these young chavs CUNTS AS WELL! dont get a job get these young sluts pregnant so yet again i have to pay for them,so all in all i dont mind paying any tax apart from car tax
Old 05-01-2008, 10:26 PM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Originally Posted by mechanic28
i think u are forgetting we have got to pay for all those needy,friendly asylum seekers,house them,feed them etc so i dont mind paying for them oh and lets not forget all these young chavs CUNTS AS WELL! dont get a job get these young sluts pregnant so yet again i have to pay for them,so all in all i dont mind paying any tax apart from car tax
I'm so glad that we are making life easier for them, doesn't it give you a nice warm feeling inside I hate all taxes, we just get taxed to death on everything that we do, heard yesterday that gas and electric are set to rise by 15%, its ok though, my 3% pay rise will cover it I'm sure Bloody Government are bleeding us dry!!

Debs
Old 05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank fook I don't pay any tax.... YET!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:36 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by truthordare
Originally Posted by mechanic28
I'm so glad that we are making life easier for them, doesn't it give you a nice warm feeling inside I hate all taxes, we just get taxed to death on everything that we do, heard yesterday that gas and electric are set to rise by 15%, its ok though, my 3% pay rise will cover it I'm sure Bloody Government are bleeding us dry!!

Debs

yes,yes it does indeed every morning when i get up to go to work,that is what drives me forward!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:39 PM
PhilM
PassionBMW.com Member

Inheritance tax....as it's the remains that they couldn't take from whatever you kept back from their grubby hands during your life...they'll ensure they have it when you die. Doesn't take into account house prices like council tax does (well, fucking ish!)....when it's mostly houses anyway...unless your old dying relatives sold them to move into a home the state wouldn't pay for....but that's another story.

At least everything else you get a little bit more choice with.... to have a house/buy a car/buy anything/remain alive by eating..... You can't really choose not to die.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:43 PM
ST-ROB
Virgin

I don't so much mind paying income tax, but i do think overtime should be non taxable. If you are willing to do extra work then you should be aptly rewarded for it.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:47 PM
ST-ROB
Virgin

Oh! i forgot to mention that dvla can issue a no. plate to a car then when and if it's scrapped they sell it again. Definately profiteering.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i hate inheritance tax, goes against the ancestors legacy/life, you having to sell their house/assets because the person recieving cannot afford afford to pay the tax, the person who owned the house before already paid tax on the wages/mortgage to buy the house in the first place!

James
Old 05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

national insurance is a fooking joke tax, WTF do we waste our money paying for something i dont use, america has that sorted, pay for your own health care, it would save me a fortune a month if i paid for full up health insurance, and stopped contributing to the joke tax that is the NHS.

AND, as an employer i have to match plus a bit more what ever my staff pay in NI contributions WTF is that all about, why do i want to pay for my staffs NI contribution?
Old 06-01-2008, 01:42 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by markk
AND, as an employer i have to match plus a bit more what ever my staff pay in NI contributions WTF is that all about, why do i want to pay for my staffs NI contribution?
Its so when they are off sick you can claim SSP.

Its so when they've given their lives to your company the State can pay them a pension to support them in their old age.

Its so when you go bust and there is no money to pay them any form of redundancy the state steps in and gives them a token payment so them and their little kiddies can eat.

If you dont want to pay employers contributions make them all self employed... and let them sort themselves out... its simple.

Alternatively, sack them all, close your company and get a job working for someone else.

All you chavs whinging about not paying any tax are the same dopey fookas down A&E every friday night trying to fight everyone because you've had one too many Breezers.... and who wasted all my tax money on 12 years at school where you couldnt be fookin bothered to learn anything and contribute something to this society.

As for sluts getting pregnant and getting a council house thats how 30% of this board has a roof over their heads because they are shacked up with some bird they've managed to get up the duff... or even some bird someone else managed to get up the duff... because they didnt make use of my tax money and learn something so they could get a proper job and support their familes without the help of the state.

And said people can have family tax credit and housing benefit and council tax benefit and all the other benefits they can scam.

Tax is so old folks can sit in a pool of piss in a hole run by the state rather than round your house, it pays for the immigrant women on minimum wage who mop up your grandparents piss because you dont want to.

For fooksake you morons this country doesnt run itself, the piper has to be paid, so shut up and put up, get over it and move on.

Oh and for the hard of thinking... the money doesnt go to directly to Gordon, he hasnt got a huge shoe box under his bed with all your money in... it goes to the state !

Although I do agree with the inheritance tax whinge as the tax has already been paid on the money they've earnt, except the profit on the property which hasnt technically been taxed.

If everyone was prepared to pay a little more income tax there wouldnt need to be all the other stupid stealth taxes to make up the short fall.

But a radical idea would be to legalise cannabis, open coffee shops like in Amsterdam and tax them, also legalise prostitution like in Amsterdam and tax that.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 AM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by neilm
Originally Posted by markk
Its so when they are off sick you can claim SSP.

Its so when they've given their lives to your company the State can pay them a pension to support them in their old age.

Its so when you go bust and there is no money to pay them any form of redundancy the state steps in and gives them a token payment so them and their little kiddies can eat.

If you dont want to pay employers contributions make them all self employed... and let them sort themselves out... its simple.

Alternatively, sack them all, close your company and get a job working for someone else.

All you chavs whinging about not paying any tax are the same dopey fookas down A&E every friday night trying to fight everyone because you've had one too many Breezers.... and who wasted all my tax money on 12 years at school where you couldnt be fookin bothered to learn anything and contribute something to this society.

As for sluts getting pregnant and getting a council house thats how 30% of this board has a roof over their heads because they are shacked up with some bird they've managed to get up the duff... or even some bird someone else managed to get up the duff... because they didnt make use of my tax money and learn something so they could get a proper job and support their familes without the help of the state.

And said people can have family tax credit and housing benefit and council tax benefit and all the other benefits they can scam.

Tax is so old folks can sit in a pool of piss in a hole run by the state rather than round your house, it pays for the immigrant women on minimum wage who mop up your grandparents piss because you dont want to.

For fooksake you morons this country doesnt run itself, the piper has to be paid, so shut up and put up, get over it and move on.

Oh and for the hard of thinking... the money doesnt go to directly to Gordon, he hasnt got a huge shoe box under his bed with all your money in... it goes to the state !

Although I do agree with the inheritance tax whinge as the tax has already been paid on the money they've earnt, except the profit on the property which hasnt technically been taxed.

If everyone was prepared to pay a little more income tax there wouldnt need to be all the other stupid stealth taxes to make up the short fall.

But a radical idea would be to legalise cannabis, open coffee shops like in Amsterdam and tax them, also legalise prostitution like in Amsterdam and tax that.
after all that, does it mean hookers can become VAT registered

agreed though there is nothing we can do, in italy if you earn over a certain amount you have to pay something like 50% not like 40% here!!

tax is a way of life thats why it dont really bother me, as my 1st post inheritance tax really does though
Old 06-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Mostley agree with Neilm, if no one paid aby tax then how the fook would defence, health, roads etc etc etc get done? Stop fookin moaning about them all.

Only tax that does really piss me off is as said Inheritance tax and fuel tax. Imo taxes should do what they say on the tin. Ie if you get tax on cost of motoring it should then go into motoring services etc. But know Fuel tax has become such a huge cash cow for the govt they cant afford to change it without making radical cuts or rasiing some other taxes now.

Income tax i think is fine, so is NI at end of the day its there for reason. If you go to American where you dont pay NI, then you thinking its better. But you still have to pay for health insurance which is around the same or somtimes more and you have to keep paying that when you 70 etc So it is there for a reason and i dont resent paying that at all.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:58 AM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i love pying tax to house all the imigrants & keep the crime rate down, & maybe pay for a few billion pound useless statues

Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 AM
1feathers
Regular Contributor

Fooking car tax (amongst others) as the roads are in a completely shite state near me.

Although come april i get a lovely fat cheque from the inland revenue for the tax i paid during the year
Old 06-01-2008, 10:15 AM
PewteRS
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by gus
dont get me started

As above

It was on the news yesterday that the government spend 12.5 billion on incapacity benefits, thats without all the other benefits ...........its things like this that we are paying for
Old 06-01-2008, 10:17 AM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the one that gets me is the extra tax we have to pay,
if we use the company vehicles for private use..(which recently went up hugely!)

the company already pays the road tax
and the fuel tax, same as every other car,
and yet somehow they still want a load of my wages just because they can! lol

other than that, i'm afraid I just accept it!

Quick Reply: Which tax annoys you most ?