General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My thoughts on PASSIONFORD

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...Stu well spare a tiny thought for those that donated to keep it here and to make such a wonderful site that you enjoy so much..without the donators you wouldnt be here.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Its got to be asked....

"Why the fook are you incredibly unhappy people all still here anyway?"

it's like a pensioner club for peole who just moan for the skae of moaning

and yes, pot kettle etc bollocks, i moan about stuff that i want to moan about, the pf debate has been going on for months and until someoen says soemthng you won't know so people should stop making up random reasons and then trying to justify them because they have been morally outraged
Old 04-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stu....

What really annoys me is that Petrucci knew he was selling the site but allowed the £10 offer to go ahead and then the permanent £10 membership fee to stay.

all im saying is that it was unfair of him to allow an enticing offer to go ahead when the future of the site is unsure.

I for one definately would not have paid for 2 years of gold membership had i known the site was being sold.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Bosch_Dealer
...Stu well spare a tiny thought for those that donated to keep it here and to make such a wonderful site that you enjoy so much..without the donators you wouldnt be here.
Phil, i am potentially the ONLY one in this topic who does care about the members mate. You would be surprised what i have been through for this fooking place. The members are the forum. Without them there wouldnt be one, but that said, its also an incredibly good place to sell RS Parts and the 3p a day gold membership was WELL worth it, so a lot of folk are moaning about fook all and that is a FACT as i have looked through the history of some folk moaning they only contributed to the alleged "Save the Pf fund" and sure enough, they have ALL sold parts on here and made the cash back tenfold.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:23 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

You paid £10 as a donation?

Then more fool you. I paid mine so I could sell stuff on thie site which I can.

And the site is still here.

And works as before (if not 100% perfect, but exactly as before).

And nothing's changed.

So why is everyone complaining?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by markyd3
Stu....

What really annoys me is that Petrucci knew he was selling the site but allowed the £10 offer to go ahead and then the permanent £10 membership fee to stay.
But all you did was SAVE money wasnt it FFS? Why6 the fook are you annoyed about that?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichardPON

And nothing's changed.

hear ye hear ye
Old 04-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

British Bollox Rich, same disease that causes Brits to slag off those who make any money or are successfull, and the same affliction that makes people get angry when they find out services arent free. They cant allow themslves to say i paid because i wanted something, they have to pretend they did it out of the goodness of their hearts.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...pon i was talking way back in the beginning....i am a trader and not donating at all now.

Stu i do see the point...its a great advertising place and very cheap....i guess us donators dont like to think petrucci has sold up and made a large sum of cash on a place us members created for him..lol.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Mark 3D

Stu....

But all you did was SAVE money wasnt it FFS? Why6 the fook are you annoyed about that?
Because if you bothered to read my full post I said that if i knew the site was going to be sold I wouldnt have renewed my membership.

Im sure Petrucci made enough out of the sale of the site without all the additional extra cash he has taken with him from the reduced membership fee con.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:39 AM
lead_foot
is awesome

He treated it like a business and made some money. What's the problem?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Mark 3D

Originally Posted by lead_foot
my problem is the underhand way he went about it.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...no probs with that except he never thanked us for creating this site for him...yes we all got something out of it but its damn rude not to say anything and just sell.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

...pon i was talking way back in the beginning....i am a trader and not donating at all now.

Stu i do see the point...its a great advertising place and very cheap....i guess us donators dont like to think petrucci has sold up and made a large sum of cash on a place us members created for him..lol.
No Phil... that's arse about face! Pet created a place along with Stu for us users/members to use and buy and sell things when RSOC went offline!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Redkop

No Phil... that's arse about face! Pet created a place along with Stu for us users/members to use and buy and sell things when RSOC went offline!

initially yes..and we choose to come here...when we were told it would close unless it had donations...many obliged..so not arse about face at all.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Mark 3D

Im surprised Stu still defends this place, as far as i can see him and Petrucci created it and then Petrucci sold it from under him, made a lot of money and then buggered off.

seems to me Stu got shafted.

Out of interest where is the money going to for any new or renewed memberships now?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Group Description: PassionFord Financial contributors. Only members who have very kindly contributed financially to the running of PassionFord are members of this group. These members also have access to "contributors only" areas of PassionFord. Thanks again.

So Stu its not been a donating site for a long while then? So by this whatever pet has sold the site for we are entitled to a slice of cash.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

my problem is the underhand way he went about it.
I feel the same way,but will not lose any sleep over it,as its a small amount of money...I think i can see what marky is saying is,he paid up front for 2 years,i paid up front for 3 years in a special deal when petrucci knew it was being sold and probably could not guarantee that this place would still be going for the duration of the membership.I paid £30 in june to take me up to 2010 but will this place still be going???like i said,i wont lose any sleep over £30,its more to do with the special offering of half price membership and then him selling it and then not a dicky bird from petrucci for months

mark
Old 04-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...bttt for stu and my reply reference contributors.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Group Description: PassionFord Financial contributors. Only members who have very kindly contributed financially to the running of PassionFord are members of this group. These members also have access to "contributors only" areas of PassionFord. Thanks again.

So Stu its not been a donating site for a long while then? So by this whatever pet has sold the site for we are entitled to a slice of cash.
What the fook are you talking about now Phil?

Go and look up the difference between contribution and donation.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:52 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And nothing's changed.

I think its more of a principle thing to most. To be honest i dont feel that strongly about it as its only my first year of being a gold member so i havnt forked out much money. Some on the other hand have, and im sure many peoples main reason for becoming a gold member was to keep it going, which is why they feel pissed off and being giving no updates as to whats happening.

The old owner/s should have done an official thread about whats happening at least. As they havn't, many people see that as a kick in teeth for supporting them and giving them near £20,000 a year. It seems that contributors (more so the regular payers year after year), have been treated like mugs with no thanks for it at all.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:41 PM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Its a website I'm sure you have all had more than your £10 or (god forbid) £20 from it, its been bloody entertaining and knowledgeable for a good while, now its just full of people saying why should I renew!! If you don't want to then don't, I paid £20, who cares, its £20 It won't break the bank, Petrucci is a businessman and he did what he had to do, it doesn't matter, its a website, there are lots of them out there for Ford enthusiasts, if you don't like the way the sites gone then find another one. Its just business, nobody sold anybody out, it was never personal, its just business.

Debs
Old 04-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by truthordare
Its a website I'm sure you have all had more than your £10 or (god forbid) £20 from it, its been bloody entertaining and knowledgeable for a good while, now its just full of people saying why should I renew!! If you don't want to then don't, I paid £20, who cares, its £20 It won't break the bank, Petrucci is a businessman and he did what he had to do, it doesn't matter, its a website, there are lots of them out there for Ford enthusiasts, if you don't like the way the sites gone then find another one. Its just business, nobody sold anybody out, it was never personal, its just business.

Debs
I Like you.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Debs
Old 04-01-2008, 03:50 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by S1rst

And nothing's changed.

I think its more of a principle thing to most. To be honest i dont feel that strongly about it as its only my first year of being a gold member so i havnt forked out much money. Some on the other hand have, and im sure many peoples main reason for becoming a gold member was to keep it going, which is why they feel pissed off and being giving no updates as to whats happening.

The old owner/s should have done an official thread about whats happening at least. As they havn't, many people see that as a kick in teeth for supporting them and giving them near £20,000 a year. It seems that contributors (more so the regular payers year after year), have been treated like mugs with no thanks for it at all.
If people "donated" to "keep the site going" then that's their problem. I contributed. I got and am still getting the services I paid for.

What else is the issue?

You're not a shareholder, nor did your contribution give you any ownership of anything to do with the site or related companies. Simple as that.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

boy is this village idiot weekl just spent a hour removing shit from the daddy thrash this place is getting better by the day

pf is now not stu's resposiblity why keep fuckin picking when he cant answer he/we know fuck all so until pet or IB decide to say something !

sorry about the abrasive post but fuck whinging on wont change the issue its happened nothing we can do , sooner you reallise it the better and until the full FACTS are available can you then air ur views

so just chill out i spose sumat will come to light eventually
Old 04-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
So sorry for daring to ask where my money has gone which i had assumed went towards the day to day running of the site.
Did you ever even read the gold membership post? For the past 4 years it has stated CLEARLY that the membership was allow you access to gold only rooms and to be able to sell things.

It was also made clear that it was NOT a requirement to use PF.
All those features are still available to you.

if not then why should Petrucci or Stu keep my money!? it may only be a tenner but i'd rather it in my pocket then theres!
Just to clarify, STU has never had 1pence of any gold membership money EVER.
So what was the deal, you got 100% of traders fees in exchange for your admin role, and Pet got 100% of gold members fees in exhange for kind of providing a server?
Did this get overlooked as it was just before it changed page, as no answer ever got given to it?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:27 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

who's to say stu didn't pass the money on to pet to make it easy for the brits to fork out brit money and then convert a whole lot to francs?

peopl paid money to get the ability to sell and get free porn and stuff

they still get that so whats the big deal?

i thikn people are "assuming" that pet has fucked stu out of a whole load of cash and now want to bash the frog and show they moral outrage, simple

i can see the point of people saing there is still a problem with the site during the early evenings but we've lived with it for years and if it's not oging ot change the money coming in will soon stop and osmething will either break and be too costly to fix or someone will fork out to get it fixed (the new owners perhaps)

until we get a reply from pet there is nothing we cn do

i know i've trotted this story out day anfter day after day, but soemtimes i think stu gets a little pissed off that peole don't understand the easy explanation
Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM
blueovalspanker
Regular Contributor

There are a fair few wealthy people on here, and apparently 10,20 pounds is only a small amount anyway, so does anyone fancy donating me just a couple of quid each?

Even a pound each and I will personally go and look for pet and report my findings. Some of you will have the answers your after, which is all I ever stated I set out to do.

Pay £10, £20 and you can sell something and view other boards (nothing else though)

£1 and I will find answers

Old 04-01-2008, 06:40 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

So what was the deal, you got 100% of traders fees in exchange for your admin role, and Pet got 100% of gold members fees in exhange for kind of providing a server?
Did this get overlooked as it was just before it changed page, as no answer ever got given to it?
i imagine it got ignored as it seems quite rude to ask
Old 04-01-2008, 11:16 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
i imagine it got ignored as it seems quite rude to ask
whys it rude?

If stu didnt want to discuss what he did and didnt get he wouldnt have mentioned the gold members surely?
Old 05-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Actually i missed it totally as i was on the next page.

I am not going into who did and didnt pay for what as its none of anyone business, i commented as someone suggested i had the gold membership money that everyone is so unhappy about.

However,
Ive told you all before that PF was NOT a money making excersize for me, so for the record, NO, i didnt have all the trade money either. PassionFord existed because i love the cars and the community. No other reason.

Now ive moved on to my own forum which wont get as out of control as this one as i will be applying what ive learnt here over the years, as the current content shows quite nicely.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:28 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

whys it rude?
i just think that asking people about their finances and income is rude. just personal opinion mate.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
whys it rude?
i just think that asking people about their finances and income is rude. just personal opinion mate.
Your right, it is.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Big G
I once turned my PC off, left the house and found a life, maybe some of you lot should try it,

ITS NOT THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD ..... yet

Muppets
Although I would not have put it like that I do agree with you its rather sad to see grown men getting uptight about a website. I pay my money but expect nothing that way you cant be disapointed or get uptight.
More concerned for people that depend on this site for income, I know Mark decided not to trade or use his company name on here.
Can I suggest you migrate to Stus new site where I now go for Tech Knowledge & help, it will take away the obvious stress this site is giving people, as the guy above said their is an 'OFF' button on your computer use it & go & enjoy your life its far too short to spend so much time on here. I consider myself a regular user with 1.8 posts a day & yet I see people with 20+ a day, take advice from someone older get a life for F**ks sake.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:38 AM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Debs
I Like you.
Do you like me enough to give me a chip for an Escos

Debs
Old 05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Debs
I Like you.

Debs
Hmm... I like you enough to perhaps discount it heavily.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:08 AM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Debs
I Like you.

Debs
Hmm... I like you enough to perhaps discount it heavily.
Phone call coming your way in the near future methinks, followed by a trip to Blackpool.

Debs
Old 05-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Redkop
If Pet or the new owners had taken our Gold Membership money, done a runner with it and closed down PassionFord, I'd understand why people would moan.... but this hasn't happened and nothing's changed. PF is still here and being used by the same people using the bandwidth someone is providing.... so you haven't been ripped off as PF is still here and you still have the same Gold Member rights!

Just because people have contributed to help PF stay online, it doesn't give them the God given right to demand to know what is happening behind the scenes. If the firm you work for is involved in a takeover, you don't go marching to the owner and demand facts - do you?

I know that if I was in Pet's shoes and seen all the villifying threads written about me, it'd make me all the more stubborn about replying and I'd think 'fuck you lot'.

As Stu says... "Why the fook are you incredibly unhappy people all still here anyway?" FFS all you whingers and moaners get a grip and get a life and leave PF to the people who still enjoy using it and aren't bothered who owns it, just as long it stays online.
Load of shit that lynne. The donations were done in a friendly manner to keep PF online, so the takeover of PF ans pet making money from it should have been done in the same way....its not about the 20 measly quid its principal

Quick Reply: My thoughts on PASSIONFORD