General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My thoughts on PASSIONFORD

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default My thoughts on PASSIONFORD

Ok im in one of my moaning self opinionated modes so i thought id post up what i think. A few posts have cropped up lately over the PF situation and i thought id air my views.

Back in the day when PF first started it was great, like a 'community'. Old an new users from the RSOC etc made it a good place to surf.
As we all know, it went down due to funding issues. So, an idea was put forward to DONATE money to fund the new found 'community'. Great stuff. Back online, gold members getting a few perks etc. Traders getting a few perks too.

I for one had a feeling that 20 quid was a bit steep for what you got BUT donated for a few years anyways and i thought if Pet/Stu make a few quid also then good luck to them. No problem

NOW. What i dont agree with is being taken for a cunt. IMO we donated to keep this community going, we didnt donate to make a big traffic site that pet could sell on to someone we have no idea about and make ££££ Then leave us in the shit with no posts getting answered by admin, Mods getting the big fuck off with no explanation, traders having no information on their status and basically left feeling imo like a used slag on a sunday morning

I think Pet has done one hell of a low scummy thing to the PF lot and hes a right cunt for it.

Feel free to agree or disagree As you know ill not care LMAO
Old 03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
gkandr4ch
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that was strong and to the point.
I haven't been on her long, but have noticed a lot of disatisfaction along the ranks.
It is absolutely amazing that the site continues to run with no input from the owners and no info being filtered down to the mods.
I want to become a paid member, but am a little unsure as to what I am paying for.
I think it is a great community here and I have had a good laugh with numerous people on here, Graceland, Thrush, Dojj to name but a few.
I really do hope that the hierachy pull their finger out and show some support to the people who have been here supporting PF through think and thin.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by gkandr4ch
Wow that was strong and to the point.
I haven't been on her long, but have noticed a lot of disatisfaction along the ranks.
It is absolutely amazing that the site continues to run with no input from the owners and no info being filtered down to the mods.
I want to become a paid member, but am a little unsure as to what I am paying for.
I think it is a great community here and I have had a good laugh with numerous people on here, Graceland, Thrush, Dojj to name but a few.
I really do hope that the hierachy pull their finger out and show some support to the people who have been here supporting PF through think and thin.
Im always to the point if i feel its needed.

A lot of people Brown nose Pet and Stu on here. I tell it like it is. I do feel that PF members have been dealt a raw deal here......
Old 03-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lee as much as i agree with you,,, tbh ive got OTHER issues in my life more important such as 4k missing from my account for a tv ive paied for 4 times due to card errors,,,, but the cash being removed anyway

paied with a debit card too so APARANTLY im not insured

REALLY starting to hate the internet
Old 03-01-2008, 10:33 PM
MAD EVO 4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I fully agree hence why i never paid up to the gold membership
Old 03-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Ginge !
lee as much as i agree with you,,, tbh ive got OTHER issues in my life more important such as 4k missing from my account for a tv ive paied for 4 times due to card errors,,,, but the cash being removed anyway

paied with a debit card too so APARANTLY im not insured

REALLY starting to hate the internet
thats bad mate #

Ive got FAR more important issues mate trust me.....like an insurance compnay owing me thousands and thousands but as im on here and not said much on the take over subject i just thought after a discussion with another member id air my views....as ya do
Old 03-01-2008, 10:36 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What i cant understand is why have the new owners/admin not come on and put everyone in the picture, and also why the mods have not been told whats what? I also cant understand why the mods continue to do the job if they havnt been told whats happening. Ok i for one respect the mods for the job they do, but surely if your working for free you'd want to know who your working for free for? Im sorry but i cant help thinking that some people (maybe some mods also), know more than what they let on.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ironically i only paied as a way to thank pet for hes hard work and appriciate him having this site

anyway lee life goes on,,,, we can argue and get upset,,,, but theres fuck all we can do if im honest

mark it down as a bad judgement of character and move on to the next place

aslong as you can kiss little esmay ( nice name btw,,, really like it) then you should not need to worry about anything else
Old 03-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by S1rst
What i cant understand is why have the new owners/admin not come on and put everyone in the picture, and also why the mods have not been told whats what? I also cant understand why the mods continue to do the job if they havnt been told whats happening. Ok i for one respect the mods for the job they do, but surely if your working for free you'd want to know who your working for free for? Im sorry but i cant help thinking that some people (maybe some mods also), know more than what they let on.
Agree with every word
Old 03-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Ginge !

I agree Ginge its not an important issue in my life. If PF went down for good i wouldnt give a toss! But you know me i like to have a say now n then

Shes lovelly mate she makes me smile and cry everyday

Old 03-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have been on here from the atart and have always been happy to pay

over 2007 the website was not looked after correctly and i felt that paying members , traders or gold members were not getting what they paid to support , we were fed many promises that never came through and then out of the blue the website was sold .

Now altho i dont have a problem with anyone who makes a few quid i do feel that the way this was done was a propper kick in the nuts to all who so called payed to run this site when in fact we paid to simply keep it on line and nothing more ,

And now we are left in the dark and cant even pay to stay if we wanted too

its a shame and doesnt give you and assurance that this or other sites wont do the same ,,take your money and run

I would like to know who i pay to stay as a trader and what i will get for my money ,,and yet it seems nobody can tell me who /what i have to do
Old 03-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

The dreaded Critical error was an absolute sham if you ask me....poor poor service.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:44 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Makes you wonder where all the £10's went when PF had a goldmember sale!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Ok im in one of my moaning self opinionated modes

How is that any different from any other day?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

lee i agree, kids are strange for bloke emotions,,,, my little one can get me to do ANYTHING i would never do,,,,, its wierd and the things to put first also

im looking at using my savings for a new car to invest in a another place for my little one to have when shes older and either get the rent from it or live there

giving up MY luxury for a 4 year old kid,,,, i also let her control the TV all day and watch cebebies and either miss my proigrams or watch it leaning against the wortops on the kitchen

seriously lee when EVER i feel down about anything i just cuddle my little one or jump into bed with her,,, no matter the issue i dont seem to care when shes in my arms

Old 03-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by SteveB
well guessing by the non responce pets on a cruise but will reply when he gets back to port
Old 03-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Ok im in one of my moaning self opinionated modes

How is that any different from any other day?
Thought youd left
Old 03-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's a fucking website get a grip gents, plus if you dont like it just fucki it off, there are plenty of other forums out there
Old 03-01-2008, 10:51 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

it was the people who contributed who kept the site going that made Pet the money,if it was not for the contributors,traders too, then it would not have been availible to sell.

and what do we get treated like.....

not right one bit.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
It's a fucking website get a grip gents, plus if you dont like it just fucki it off, there are plenty of other forums out there
Doesnt mean you dont have a view on things does it
Old 03-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

PF would be a better place if everyone just used it for Q+A and kept out of any debates, as frankly, the internet is mongtastic and shameful.

Unfortunatly thats soo hard

Thats resolution tho, as you are as bad as the mongs you pity if you take any notice of their posts.

Oh and gold membership etc? I never pay for anything unless it was totally vital, just glad this isnt like the RTOC forum where you cant even use it without paying.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:52 PM
mitchrst

I agree 100%

And do you think Petrucci ever did anything to try and fix this site ? it dont seem any worse now than when he said he was trying to fix it
Old 03-01-2008, 10:55 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveB
just think if your about to sell something that brings in money without having to sell a physical thing then, the last thing you do before you sell is a get rich quick scheme reduce the price, loads pay (me included )
then the new owners have to wait longer for then just renewed membership to run out.
bet he made a killing in the sale just before he sold up.

also I agree with most of what lee said in his original post

I paid to cover costs not to line pockets...

steve
Old 03-01-2008, 10:55 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

There was a thread a while ago where people worked it out how much money was brought in by gold member payments, and i think it was around £17,000 ish PER YEAR, then theres the traders fees on top of that. Not sure how much trader fees are (or were), but it must have been a fair bit on top of that.

After such a large amount of money being generated by members, youd have thought they'd have the decency to keep people in the picture, whether the ownership change affects people or not.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:00 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lee, you make some very good points and I agree with you. I have not renewed my gold membership for a good while as it does not offer me anything to do so. I originally paid the £20 to keep the site going and nothing more as I didnt find it fair that Stu paid for bandwidth costs etc..
Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

so if i sold you a part and i never sent it to you and you moaned that you never got what you paid for and i replied ,,Get a fookin grip mate it was only a £20 part , you would just say ok mate no bother

I FUCKING DOUBT IT
Old 03-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

Most the people on here twisting there faces aint paid up member, so your point is?

I paid the money so i could sell a few things and the site still lets me do this so i have no problem, did you have your traders status removed even though you had paid for x months more than you got?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

I have had my status removed because i cant bloody pay to keep it

Im willing to pay ,,BUT TO WHO ???

this is what im pissed about , the mew admin remove my status without offering me the option to renew or to become a gold member
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 PM
f6cus

NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

Most the people on here twisting there faces aint paid up member, so your point is?

I paid the money so i could sell a few things and the site still lets me do this so i have no problem, did you have your traders status removed even though you had paid for x months more than you got?
why should people pay up again when they aint got a clue whats going on
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

I'm glad I never coughed up a score to use the site
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

Well i can understand that, but people are just twisting about the site in general and the bottom line is the site is only the people who use it
Old 03-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Cozzie Bhoy

I've paid up membership a few times over the years and TBH i won't be paying again. Defo not to some scamming fook head or a multi million pound Internet firm. If Pet had any balls he'd come on here and explain what the fook was going on!! If your reading this Petrucci just remember your shitting down the necks of us who financially helped this site when it was going under!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I once turned my PC off, left the house and found a life, maybe some of you lot should try it,

ITS NOT THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD ..... yet

Muppets
Old 03-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I paid up back in September on the £10 offer. I don't post much on here and I don't sell parts but I wanted to give something back and now I feel cheated

I feel badly for the moderators, traders & Stu for how they have all been treated and as admin on another forum I'd never let this happen The lack of information & certainly the lack of communication from Pet since the news of the sale isn't acceptable considering that he took alot of peoples money.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Cozzie Bhoy

Originally Posted by Big G
I once turned my PC off, left the house and found a life, maybe some of you lot should try it,

Muppets
Says you with 4500+ posts!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:37 PM
badnews
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

don't trust the french
Old 03-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Its got to be asked....

"Why the fook are you incredibly unhappy people all still here anyway?"

Old 03-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Cozzie Bhoy
Originally Posted by Big G

Muppets
Says you with 4500+ posts!!!
On the sick and semi - retirement made me do it
Old 03-01-2008, 11:44 PM
B19LRW
Its Broken.....

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Its got to be asked....

"Why the fook are you incredibly unhappy people all still here anyway?"

its a addiction Stu. you of all people should realise that!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Stu @ M Developments

Thats sort of what i was trying to get at but in a little more subtle way

Quick Reply: My thoughts on PASSIONFORD