General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: whats better 6r4 or pulsar
metro 6r4
87.10%
nissan pulsar
12.90%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

whats a better car a metro 6r4 or a nissan pulsar

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Phil, I think you need to read the last few posts by me comparing astras and corsas to stavs time for the 6r4 that his argument is hanging off

Happy new year, lets hope for a breakthrough for you

Who knows, it might even lead to you being less obsessed with me if they do cure you.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

..Chip atleast i can be cured...your affliction however cannot be...apart from maybe castration and a padded cell with nothing but MILF magazines
Old 03-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Bosch_Dealer
..Chip at least i can be cured...
Not with current medical science as far as im aware, but lets all keep hoping.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

The poll should be:

Which car is the most hidious looking?

The 6R4 or the Pulsar?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by A J
The poll should be:

The 6R4 or the Pulsar?
...or who is the most hideous looking..Chip or Bosch Dealer
Old 03-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Bosch_Dealer
Originally Posted by A J
The poll should be:

The 6R4 or the Pulsar?
...or who is the most hideous looking..Chip or Bosch Dealer
The reason you say that is that then it would contain the only two things that seem to interest you in life, Me and Yourself.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:53 AM
ian sibbert
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO the answer is very close to call. The rally results you quote their dont reflect one of the most important aspects of sucessful rally results, The Drivers, you could argue the Vauxhall is miles better than the 6R4 or the Nissan, if you looked at the results of the Manx rally over the 90's, you'll find certain Dave Metcalf and Mark Higgins had tremendous results in Vauxhalls, beating loads of better machinery.

If you judge the question on a purely performance basis, and assume you had a carte blanche to modify the car, or look at the heightest modified version of each then the 6R4 wins, as it was highly developed for rally cross, the car developed by Will Gallop was the most awesome machine ive ever seen 800 bhp and 800 kg's metro, I don think the nissan could touch that, but in rally trim and even restricted to 310bhp with a decent amount of torque the pulsar is certainly as competitive as a metro with the right driver behind the wheel, Tony Bardy proves this time and again on mainly single venue events.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:56 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

the 6R4's are pretty special. i'd put it above the pulsar.

i did a rallying event once, helping out as a mechanic for my mate who was co-driving in a rally spec EVO 6

he was selling this as he had bought a 6R4 as its replacement
Old 03-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For someone who was "joking" your making a huge effort to "prove" you are right

Chip, face it, you clever, but you often talk about stuff you have NO real idea about, then try and bamboozle people with info and clever words, constantly having to have the last word and be the clever person.

Same old stuff, having the last reply regardless, while doing your best to talk to the people like little kids so you seem cleverer, and deliberatly steering the subject away from the things that prove you clearly on about stuff you dont know about (Your GrpN comments etc ).

Your a nice bloke, helpful, a clever bloke on stuff you really know what you on about, but when someone corrects you when you commenting on stuff you dont know as much about as you think, you go off on one.

Frankly though, like most people, I couldnt give a fuck that much, feel free to have the last reply, make out you know it all and done it all, and be king of the internet

Old 03-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stavros

Chip, face it, you clever, but you often talk about stuff you have NO real idea about, then try and bamboozle people with info and clever words, constantly having to have the last word and be the clever person.

Same old stuff, having the last reply regardless, while doing your best to talk to the people like little kids so you seem cleverer, and deliberatly steering the subject away from the things that prove you clearly on about stuff you dont know about (Your GrpN comments etc ).

Your a nice bloke, helpful, a clever bloke on stuff you really know what you on about, but when someone corrects you when you commenting on stuff you dont know as much about as you think, you go off on one.

Frankly though, like most people, I couldnt give a fuck that much, feel free to have the last reply, make out you know it all and done it all, and be king of the internet

in a nutshell
Old 03-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Chip

I dont ever talk about anything technical that I have no real idea about, thats a complete nonsense, I stick to what I know about, and I make sure with a very high degree of success that what I post is correct in threads that matter about engines or turbos or suspension geometry etc, and nearly always only from direct personal experience.

This however isnt an important technical thread, it is just some muppet thread that YOU are choosing to take seriously for some reason I cant actually fathom (it seems like you are motivated by desperately trying to get one over on me even if its on some stupid irrelevant detail, which makes you as sad as Phil normally is basically, which is why he is deperately trying to latch onto everything you say by clapping it etc) and the only reason ive given detailed replies pointing out what a fucking mong you were being with all the technical stuff you were trying to post about exact times etc was cause YOU made a big deal out of it in the first place in your desperate bid to "win" on the internet.

Thats the most ironic thing about your comment to me, it applies FAR more to you going off and fetching times and trying to put together analysis on times which is totally flawed then anything Ive posted, it was you trying "bamboozle" people with pseudo facts not me, and it was you taking it far too seriously not me, my detailed replies have only been to comments you've made directly to me, everything else ive posted on here was just a throwaway comment or a pisstake out of you for being so serious with how you interpret data that is so fundamentally flawed.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:59 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
I stick to what I know about, and I make sure with a very high degree of success that what I post is correct
Then why make that comment about Pulsars not being competitive in Group N when they clearly were?

As an aside, I got taken out in a 6R4 on the loose, and it scared the living shit out of me!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by RichardPON
I stick to what I know about, and I make sure with a very high degree of success that what I post is correct
Then why make that comment about Pulsars not being competitive in Group N when they clearly were?

As an aside, I got taken out in a 6R4 on the loose, and it scared the living shit out of me!

you just quoted me on half a sentance, and by doing so made it mean something totally different.

I said on technical threads that matter, this isnt one of those.

But anyway, IMHO they werent competitive in group N, they might have won the odd thing, but nothing like what other cars have done.

Its purely an opinion though, im not claiming to have every single result in front of me, im just commenting on what I saw in rallying in the 90s, which wasnt very often a pulsar winning.

So ive said NOTHING to contradict what I said about sticking to technical things that I know about, as this isnt a technical thread.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Chip

Any other saddo net warrior want to try and pick me up on the semantics of something they have wrongly misquoted me as saying, or read far too much into or are we done now with the standard issue stavros/pon/bosch crap?
Old 03-01-2008, 12:14 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Yeah, cos we're all wrong and you're right.

Honestly mate, you do have plenty of useful info to give, but to call other people net warriors is beyond irony, what with your "always have the last word, continue every argument, desperate desire to be proven right in the eyes of others" mantra. Most of us clocked it years ago

Anyway, I don't actually disagree. THe GTiR wasn't as successful as maybe it could have been, but that's also down to the money invested in the programme by NME, and the sheer lack of cars rallied, and the subsequent cost involved as a result. It's quite a good platform for a rally car, but you wouldn't choose one today, as spares and parts are far too hard and expensive to come by.

The 6R4 wasn't "that" successful in a group B era either, but has regained a lot of status thanks to use in clubman events, as they've become more affordable.

But let's not worry about all that - back to the "Chip show".
Old 03-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Chip

Chip,Your a nice bloke, helpful, a clever bloke on stuff you really know what you on about.
Thanks very much for the kind and accurate words about me.

Hey PON, this quoting half of something works a treat mate
Old 03-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Chip

Yeah, cos we're all wrong and you're right.
You can be right or wrong on an opinion of whats a better car now?
Wow, when did that happen?

Honestly mate, you do have plenty of useful info to give,
Indeed I do, although this isnt an info thread, its an opinion one.

but to call other people net warriors is beyond irony, what with your "always have the last word, continue every argument, desperate desire to be proven right in the eyes of others" mantra. Most of us clocked it years ago
Again, like stavros you are saying things to me that apply far more to yourself, most people are aware that you ONLY come on PF to bitch or to argue, where as most people are also aware (including you and Stav even) that my main reason for being on PF is the exchange of technical information.

Anyway, I don't actually disagree. THe GTiR wasn't as successful as maybe it could have been, but that's also down to the money invested in the programme by NME, and the sheer lack of cars rallied, and the subsequent cost involved as a result. It's quite a good platform for a rally car, but you wouldn't choose one today, as spares and parts are far too hard and expensive to come by.

The 6R4 wasn't "that" successful in a group B era either, but has regained a lot of status thanks to use in clubman events, as they've become more affordable.
I agree with all that, I nothing "against" pulsars, in fact ive often considered buying one, its only the lack of a decent gearbox cheaply available that stopped me really.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I cant believe this dogwank is still going

IMHO they werent competitive in group N, they might have won the odd thing, but nothing like what other cars have done.
FFS

They WON, yes, WON OVERALL, not won a single event, the 1992 FIA GrpN World Rally Championship

How is that not fucking competitive

Fact is, you were on about stuff you didnt know loads about, and you was called on it, and instead of being "oops, my mistake" like normal people, you do the usual "argue till everyone stops posting replies" thing you do.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Chip

I cant believe this dogwank is still going
Yes mate, you have PON and Bosch on your "side" now, its the PF dream team from a net warrior point of view

IMHO they werent competitive in group N, they might have won the odd thing, but nothing like what other cars have done.
FFS

They WON, yes, WON OVERALL, not won a single event, the 1992 FIA GrpN World Rally Championship

How is that not fucking competitive
Because, like you just quoted me in saying, its not as much as others (like say subaru[quote="Stavros"] have won.

Fact is, you were on about stuff you didnt know loads about, and you was called on it, and instead of being "oops, my mistake" like normal people, you do the usual "argue till everyone stops posting replies" thing you do.
That sentance starts IMHO, which is short for In My Humble Opinion, which is exactly what I was giving, my opinion based on the rallying I watched at the time.
And whatever you say, its still my opinion based on what I saw in rallying (mainly going by clubman stuff as thats mainly what I go and watch), so its neither right or wrong, its just my own personal experience (which is what I like to talk from, not posting random shit off the internet like you do) of their competitiveness, you cant tell me that its the wrong opinion based on my personal experience of seeing them, as you dont share my personal experiences of seeing them, there might be some lads near you who are very quick in them, if thats the case then fine give your opinion, but trying to argue with me about what I saw with my own eyes is just making you look a dick IMHO.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Yep, we all got it in for you and having a go for no reason, totally unjustified replies, how dare we.
Yep, we all wrong and you totally right.
Yep, we all look dicks for disagreeing with your comments, and you look so cool and clever, and know more about cars than anyone.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Chip

Yep, we all got it in for you and having a go for no reason, totally unjustified replies, how dare we.
Im sure you each have your reasons, ive just no idea what they are, im not good at trying to predict how people like you 3 think.

Yep, we all wrong and you totally right.
About my own opinion of whats a better or worse car, of course im right, by definition as only i know my own opinion

Yep, we all look dicks for disagreeing with your comments.
Thats certainly my opinion of how you all look by trying to pick me up on either opinions or semantics too as is all so irrelevant in the first place.

Its YOU doing the whole attempt at "win at the internet" not me though mate, so keep the medal as I dont need it thanks, im just responding to direct comments to me as I think its ignorant to ignore people, even when they are being mongs or net warriors

I assume from the total lack of any substance to your replies you are either posting cause you are desperate to "win" on the internet, or cause you are desperate to have the last word, I dont actually care about doing either of those things when its not something of any technical importance (but you are right that I will argue till im blue in the face when it IS of technical importance) so if you tell me which I know wether to bother replying or not as TBH nothing you are saying here has any substance to it or interests me very much, so its only to humour you im bothering to reply at all.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:08 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Here's a shot from Chip's webcam

Old 03-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Chip

I dream of having that much hair mate.

but you got the warrior bit wrong, as if you look back its stav on the net rampage doing the warring, and clearly NOT me, im just replying to humour him cause it kills some time at work.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Right-o

I didnt agree with you that unsucsessful GrpB car in 1986 spec was massivley better than even the best GrpA cars of the 90s. (something most consider to be a fact)

I didnt agree with you that Pulsars are rubbish rally cars and need a FMIC to be any good in GrpN, seeing as they have WON the GrpN WRC outright. (so something that is pure fact)

And you have thrown toys out the pram, calling me names and then accusing me of being a forum warrior.

Awesome work.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Chip

Right-o

I didnt agree with you that unsucsessful GrpB car in 1986 spec was massivley better than even the best GrpA cars of the 90s. (something most consider to be a fact)

I didnt agree with you that Pulsars are rubbish rally cars and need a FMIC to be any good in GrpN, seeing as they have WON the GrpN WRC outright. (so something that is pure fact)

And you have thrown toys out the pram, calling me names and then accusing me of being a forum warrior.

Awesome work.
What ACTUALLY happened was that you posted up a metro 6r4's times that was slower than a vauxhall astra on the same rally, on the same stages, the same year, in the same conditions.

I took the piss out of you for reading too much into some 1 liner bit of info from the net that was clearly flawed and you then started spitting your dummy in all directions and telling me I absolutely MUST have meant all the things I said taking the piss out of you.

You completely ignored the fact you actually know a metro 6r4 should be quicker than an astra in the same circumstances and started comparing them (as if they were representative of anything in the first place whilist losing to a group a astra, so CLEARLY to anyone with half a brain there was some reaosn that metro was way off the pace of a 2.0 fwd astra) to Stig 6 years later in a pulsar as if that actually mattered.

So of COURSE you got called a Mong for being so stupid, and of course you were being a net warrior trawling round the internet for nonsense to misquote, if I hadnt said it someone else would have no doubt anyway
Old 03-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 03-01-2008, 02:48 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Chip - Even you must admit that there IS a certain degree of black kettle/pot action going on.

Go on, admit it. Dare you.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Chip - Even you must admit that there IS a certain degree of black kettle/pot action going on.

Go on, admit it. Dare you.
No dare needed, I have already said that most of what Stav said to me applied more to himself than me, so I couldnt agree more in that respect.

And by defintion ANYONE who is calling someone a net warrior, is being one themselves in doing so if you want to be pedantic, so that applies to both sides, me or stav (and of course you)
Old 03-01-2008, 03:25 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Ahh gowan...
Old 03-01-2008, 03:32 PM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

I love you guys ! ! !

Old 03-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Right-o

Awesome work.
What ACTUALLY happened was that you posted up a metro 6r4's times that was slower than a vauxhall astra on the same rally, on the same stages, the same year, in the same conditions.

I took the piss out of you for reading too much into some 1 liner bit of info from the net that was clearly flawed and you then started spitting your dummy in all directions and telling me I absolutely MUST have meant all the things I said taking the piss out of you.

You completely ignored the fact you actually know a metro 6r4 should be quicker than an astra in the same circumstances and started comparing them (as if they were representative of anything in the first place whilist losing to a group a astra, so CLEARLY to anyone with half a brain there was some reaosn that metro was way off the pace of a 2.0 fwd astra) to Stig 6 years later in a pulsar as if that actually mattered.

So of COURSE you got called a Mong for being so stupid, and of course you were being a net warrior trawling round the internet for nonsense to misquote, if I hadnt said it someone else would have no doubt anyway
Awesome work once again ignoring the 100% fact (that total shite you said about GrpN ) and the widely thought opinion/facy (that old GrpB cars arnt massivley faster than more modern but less powerful cars), the only bits I called you on, and repeating the only little bits (that are irrelavant to your original points) that help your "argument" over and over, with added "im so clever and your so dumb" pathetic bitchy bits to sound all condecending and important.

The internet equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "na na na, i cant hear you"

And no, im not bothering reading whatever PM you sent regarding this post, as no doubt it will be just as self-important and paranoid as previous PMs you sent when you felt threatened just because I or anyone else disagrees with you.

And TBH, for someone who doesnt care and is just "humouring me" (what does that mean anyhow? ) why are you sending PMs?

Oh to be as great as you at spazzy internet agruing
Old 03-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Chip

Stav, the PM read as follows:
Cant be arsed to try and get any sensible answers in a thread that is a circus, but can you REALLY not see that the metro times you posted, where it finished WAY behind a fwd non turbo astra in the same year, same conditions and same rally should have given you reason to suspect that it wasnt exactly a good basis for comparing to anything from, much less a pulsar on a different rally 6 years later?

Reason for sending was that I was just curious as to if you were acting a twat, or actually one thats all mate

With regards to the groupn thing that you have now asked me about several times and ive now answered about several times, my own experience of watching rallying in that era was that the groupn cars did badly, especially anywhere hot, if you are going to ask me yet again, and claim yet again that i havent answered, can you just post this bit on yoursself after the question next time to save me having to answer it for a fourth time
Old 03-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

So as you didnt see the GrpN cars win the 1993 GrpN WRC, it didnt happen and they no good?

Last time I checked, Greece and the Ivory Coast are pretty fucking hot, and they won those events.
Or was they having a really cold-snap that day in Greece, and they was all on the beach in the Ivory Coast in their scarves and hats

Must. Win. Internet. Battle. At. All. Costs. Must. Ignore. Facts. If. I. Didnt. See. It. It. Didnt. Happen. Delete the internet, delete!
Old 03-01-2008, 04:13 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

What I reckon you should do is get your Dad's to fight it out for you.

"My Dad is harder than your Dad etc.."
Old 03-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Chip

So as you didnt see the GrpN cars win the 1993 GrpN WRC, it didnt happen and they no good?
Cor blimey, it really is VERY hard to try and get an incredibally simple fact through to you.

My opinion, was based on what I saw, I didnt see that, so I didnt base my opinion on it, I havent said it didnt happen, merely that is doesnt form the basis of my opinion about the car.

I havent at ANY point said to you since you mentioned it won group N in that particular year that is hasnt done so, so I dont really see the point in you pretending that I did, just so you can "win" whatever it is you think you are arguing about.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:21 PM
blueovalspanker
Regular Contributor

What have you started Biscuit
Old 03-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

You said, many times on this hillarious thread, it wasnt sucsessful in GrpN, it was only even half good on the cold rounds, and if it had a FMIC it maybe wouldve been ok as a GrpN car.

Are any of those "facts" correct?
Old 03-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

you do the usual "argue till everyone stops posting replies" thing you do.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Chip

You said, many times on this hillarious thread, it wasnt sucsessful in GrpN, it was only even half good on the cold rounds, and if it had a FMIC it maybe wouldve been ok as a GrpN car.

Are any of those "facts" correct?
Those are all things I observed at the time yes, so are facts about what I saw, well other than the FMIC and cold comment, which was clearly an opinion not an observation as obviously the cars didnt drive around with their charge temps displayed on the roof of course

From what I recall, Nissan agreed with my opinion though, as they tried to mount the cooler at the front of the car (i dont recall if that was on group A or N though), but were told it wasnt homolgated there and they had to use the top mount.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:39 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

reguarless of the arguement i would rather have a 6R4 metro than a mass produced GTI-R box of death with the best brakes and gearbox in the world in standard form not

Quick Reply: whats a better car a metro 6r4 or a nissan pulsar