General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: whats better 6r4 or pulsar
metro 6r4
87.10%
nissan pulsar
12.90%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

whats a better car a metro 6r4 or a nissan pulsar

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Daviet
Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
chip did you not used to have a go at phil for blabbing shit he knows fook all about
Yes mate, cause he used to present wrong technical information as clearcut fact, and worse still offer people advice in how they tuned their car accordingly, I dont like people being given incorrect information that might lead to them doing something wrong with their engien or whatever so I used to make a big deal out of correcting it if he carried on, posts like that can turn a useful resource like this forum into not one potentially.
pretty much like this thread
In what way?

where in here is there technical information presented by someone as fact that has been used to give advice to someone that could result in damage to their car or engine etc?

If thats happened, Ive certianly not seen it in between all the dummy spitting by Stav, even the nonsense he posted about comparing times from rallys 6 years apart doesnt fit that description even vaguely, its wrong IMHO but its totally harmless.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amazing im dummy spitting

LOVE how you bring up the only bit I put up that isnt fact, when everything youve put up is proven fiction.
If this was court the Judge wouldve told you to fuck off and stop being so daft by now

surely this whole thread touched a nerve with you, hence why you keep replying
Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Stavros

I keep replying for the same reason I thought you were, boredom?
Well that and cause people keep explicitly asking me questions or making statements directly about me.

Hence, I wont be tomorrow when I can be doing something useful on my car instead, well weather permitting!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Chip

LOVE how you bring up the only bit I put up that isnt fact, when everything youve put up is proven fiction.
If this was court the Judge wouldve told you to fuck off and stop being so daft by now

Your edit wasnt there when I replied.

Ive not posted anything inaccurate in the whole thread.

Ive given some feedback on what I saw happen in rallying that may not have been representative of some stuff I didnt see and havent in anyway contested when you mentioned it, thats not even vaguely the same as "proven fiction" or any of the other things you are continually accusing me of with utterly no basis for your argument whatsoever.
Ive certainly not posted anything thats incorrect and presented it as fact like you have now spent 4 pages pretending I have for some reason.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Posting incorrect feedback that is totally wrong, and not putting it in a way that shows you were only guessing, then refusing the admit the fact that its incorrect, is no different.
People arnt fucking psychic mate, you mightve covered your ass AFTER i called BS on your comments, but you didnt on earlier ones.
If you wasnt contesting it, and had said even once "yeah, what i wrote back then is totally wrong" or anything along those lines, then there would be no argument.

Not once have you said that the thing about the FMIC and being uncompetitive in GrpN is wrong, same as you saying they were only good in cold rallies, when it was the hot rallies they won.
The bit about the GrB vs GrpA its fair enough as that cant be proved either way, but the rest of it, well...

Im not bored, just didnt get in till late and not tired yet, and finding this funny, as you have to always have last reply I just thought id keep going, even though all the points have been proven, you still like to twist things.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:21 AM
krypton
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of these is the winner
Old 04-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Chip

putting it in a way that shows you were only guessing
The term "I suspect" that I used is about as explicitly stating that something is an educated guess / opinion / belief as its possible for anyone to do so on an internet forum.
You completely and totally missed the fact I had done that, and as your entire argument for the last 4 pages seems to be based on your incorrect assumption, you seem to be still unable to see it, despite the fact that its even there clear as day in lots of things you have repeatedly quoted.

You cant see that, I can, another 3 or 4 pages isnt going to stop me being able to scroll back and clearly read what I put as obviously not claiming to be an expert or prestented as fact, and it would appear its also not going to equip you with enough rational thought for you to be able to do the same as I can.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats it for me now on the subject, even if you do want to go in circles some more, you will have to do so alone
you were saying
reminds me of the ava thread were you made assumptions yet you were still right
Old 04-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Chip

reminds me of the ava thread were you made assumptions yet you were still right
What AVA thread?

The one where I (and garetht and garage19 and everyone else who knows the first thing about engines) said that there was more to losting 50bhp than just the temperature of the fuel, Euan said there wasnt, then alan from ava (IIRC) came on and said that yes there were other factors and we were correct?

Is that the one you mean? and if so what is your reason for brining it up now?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no just reminds me that you wont shut up again and as stavros has pointed out you have to get the last word in
anyway maybe hes away to bed and youve won
Old 04-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Chip

no just reminds me that you wont shut up again and as stavros has pointed out you have to get the last word in
anyway maybe hes away to bed and youve won
If people speak to me or about something that interests me then I reply either out of politeness or interest normally, I fail to see how thats any different to what you are doing really or why it would interest you?

As for "won" I dont actually know what it is Stav is trying to achieve so I cant comment on wether there has been some form of winner or not, Im certainly not attempting to "win" anything, I just keep popping back mainly out of morbid curiosity to see if he will ever realise that my very first posts were actually constructed in EXACTLY the way he has spent now 4 pages telling me they should have been (ie as an opinion)
Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Im awake, just been watching Red Dwarf in bed and left PC on to download summat. But watching it someone reminded me of this post.

my very first posts were actually constructed in EXACTLY the way he has spent now 4 pages telling me they should have been (ie as an opinion)
your first posts wasnt put like that, no IMO, no fuck all, already gone thru this, and thats why i called you on them. i dont get why you keep mentioning that when you can see it yourself, ive quoted them more than once I think too.

and even if they were, its hillarious the way you seem to be so determined to be right you never say they were wrong anyhow.

one things for sure, this thread makes my skin crawl with its sadness, and will be the last discussion i ever have on internet forums, purely tech fact finding from now on, its sad and shameful shit when it gets this lame and pathetic, and joining in makes everyone nearly as bad as each other.

but this ones still going so ill keep at it, keep the OCD going strong

nitenite
Old 04-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Chip

your first posts wasnt put like that, no IMO, no fuck all, already gone thru this, and thats why i called you on them. i dont get why you keep mentioning that when you can see it yourself, ive quoted them more than once I think too.

But they WERE, which is the thing that makes it so truely shameful how you have kept going on like I didnt the posts are still there on the first page for anyone to see, but here they are again just for you:

There were, and if they had been fitted with a decent intercooler they would have been relatively competitive in group n I suspect, in fact IIRC they did ok on a couple of cold rallys, like norway or somewhere.
The "IIRC" and the "I Suspect" are in that post to show its just my opinion and not like im claiming to be some rally expert quoting gospel or anything liek you are continually and pointlessly implying in your saddo continued "net attack" on me.

If its to go shopping then the pulsar, if its to go rallying then the 6r4 is in a totally different league, its like comparing a pushbike to a fireblade
The at the end is to show that its a tongue in cheek comment, I dont really believe there to be the same magnitude of difference as between a bike and a motorbike obviously.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:07 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by B16 YBB
you do the usual "argue till everyone stops posting replies" thing you do.
and hes still doing it
hes like ariston
just replying now so his OCD forces him reply to later (after he done with his car, not on the PC all day as not at work or whatever), as its got so silly now he just refusing to accept stuff he has wrote already and the only thing that started this pathetic argument

especially as is swearing black is white now "no no, i didnt say that like it was fact" even tho anyone who can read page1 (and nothing to do with the quote he quoted on his last post, which is just a random comment nobody has mentioned before) can see that

proper rimmer-spec cant accept when he mega wrong, cant see the wood from the trees and swearing black is white, even though anyone can read it

nobody cares but him anymore, but so uppity that he refuses to accept it means its worth BTTTing for fun
Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

..i thought chip was leaving this thread PMSL.

...and my tuning advice will never put anyone in trouble...i may not know alot but my engines were fairly good and all diy and i am a uneducated knob ...this tuning game is piss easy ...unlike like fitting nitrous jets
Old 04-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Chip

Stav, you're in luck, im waiting for the parts van with a cambelt to arrive so am online briefly, however as my first posts havent actually changed, no matter how much you try and pretend they say something different to what they actually do, Im obviously not going to stand back and let you call me a liar when im not, but there is no point in a new reply really, so have this one again as its still accurate anyway..

But they WERE, which is the thing that makes it so truely shameful how you have kept going on like I didnt the posts are still there on the first page for anyone to see, but here they are again just for you:

There were, and if they had been fitted with a decent intercooler they would have been relatively competitive in group n I suspect, in fact IIRC they did ok on a couple of cold rallys, like norway or somewhere.
The "IIRC" and the "I Suspect" are in that post to show its just my opinion and not like im claiming to be some rally expert quoting gospel or anything liek you are continually and pointlessly implying in your saddo continued "net attack" on me.

If its to go shopping then the pulsar, if its to go rallying then the 6r4 is in a totally different league, its like comparing a pushbike to a fireblade
The at the end is to show that its a tongue in cheek comment, I dont really believe there to be the same magnitude of difference as between a bike and a motorbike obviously.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:00 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

if they had been fitted with a decent intercooler they would have been relatively competitive in group n I suspect, in fact IIRC they did ok on a couple of cold rallys, like norway or somewhere.
Its there in black and white mate. Stav is in no way arguing about the 6r4, he's just saying you were clueless about the Pulsar and how well it did

Which you were till you went and looked about it, then instead of saying "Oh yeah, they did ok actually" you insist on trying to justify your statement in the post above.

Honestly you dont help yourself, you are easily one of the most interesting guys on here but we can all see why people get irritated when you just have to have the last word and justify yourself when clearly you were misguided and have been proved thus.

Ie the Pulsar won two very hot rallies and the overall championship!!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

and hes still doing it
hes like ariston
Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and hes still doing it
hes like ariston
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TaAoTA3t_yk
Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dovboy
and hes still doing it
hes like ariston
Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Honestly you dont help yourself, you are easily one of the most interesting guys on here but we can all see why people get irritated when you just have to have the last word and justify yourself when clearly you were misguided and have been proved thus.
Very well said and this SURELY must be the end of one of the most pointless arguments PF has seen for quite some time!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:21 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i hope no newbies see this post you two look a right pair of tits

chip you was wrong and steve was right .....in those days" grp n" the car had to be very near the road spec going car changes to suspension/brakes/engine power were allowed no chassis alterations at all apart from a bit of castor camber

so i dont think they would of been allowed to take off the top mount intercooler . i might be wrong thou anyway i think pulsars are shite anyway shit brakes standard/ shit gearbox /shit looking ,one uglay mother fooker .... one good thing with the pulsar its good at putting the power down standing starts and lunching

what i cant understand that you are on a ford fourm arguing about none fords which is pure pointless 6r4 proper car end of chat

marco
Old 04-01-2008, 12:29 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

6R4

Old 04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by marco polo
one good thing with the pulsar its good at.... lunching
Is it only me who finds this funny?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:50 PM
p17fld

Keep it up chaps, just read the whole thing at work.... Friday is moving along very nicely with such entertaiment

Ive vote 6R4 btw
Old 04-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Anyone in their right mind would vote 6R4 id expect.
Tho 14 did vote Pulsar! (tho i did taking the piss )

Also, check about 1min on in this vid, 6R4 racing at Donno and the Birmingham Suprprix
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cccj2KdrdVU
Old 04-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

BTTT for the pure comedy value of the thread
Old 04-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Mark_w

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Originally Posted by marco polo
one good thing with the pulsar its good at.... lunching
Is it only me who finds this funny?
I did aswell,i thought marco must mean'lunching the gearbox'

mark
Old 04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Mark_w

Anyone in their right mind would vote 6R4 id expect.
Tho 14 did vote Pulsar! (tho i did taking the piss )

Also, check about 1min on in this vid, 6R4 racing at Donno and the Birmingham Suprprix
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cccj2KdrdVU
I did aswell,i felt sorry for it having such low votes
Great comedy thread for me,with chip making himself look a c--- ...He did the same to me a long time ago when blatantly wrong,but still argued black was white but the difference was then,he had a lot of cocksucking mates who also joined in and said black was white...they do not do that anymore as they know the score with ol Ariston chip now

mark
Old 04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Mr Whippy
Oderint dum metuant

Old 04-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Chip

if they had been fitted with a decent intercooler they would have been relatively competitive in group n I suspect, in fact IIRC they did ok on a couple of cold rallys, like norway or somewhere.
Its there in black and white mate. Stav is in no way arguing about the 6r4, he's just saying you were clueless about the Pulsar and how well it did
I havent said otherwise.
Stav said I was LIEING, not that I was mistaken about the rally scene as a whole, Im quite happy to admit that they did better than my limited experience of watching rallying at the time lead me to believe, I havent at any point in this thread argued against that, all Ive argued is that my comment were based on what I saw, and were accurate to that limited experience.
I wasnt lieing, as I was accurately portraying what I recall seeing at the time.
I couldnt care less if my experience of watching pulsars at the time was representive of the whole scene or not, but I could care less about being called a Liar when im not.

So im NOT claiming (like people are saying I am) that what I said was accurate or "right" about the rally scene as a whole, it represents what I recall seeing and was accurately labelled as such right from that very post that you have just qouted.

Which you were till you went and looked about it, then instead of saying "Oh yeah, they did ok actually" you insist on trying to justify your statement in the post above.
Ive justified my statement as NOT a dishonest statement, Ive said that my experience was mainly of clubman and Im quite happy to accept it is not representative of the whole scene, I havent gone back and said "I was wrong, I didnt see what I say I saw" as that would then be a lie, and as Ive mentioned for 4 pages, I dont lie.

I dont care about the last word or not on the subject of pulsars rallying, I do however care about being publically called a liar when im not.

Ive not at any point argued that pulsars didnt do well in places I hadnt observed.

I havent said otherwise since being told that, I havent argued thats wrong, Ive merely said that my comment wasnt lieing about that, as it was clearly labelled as only based on my own experience which didnt include wathcing those rallys.

People who think Ive been claiming to be right or wrong are TOTALLY misreading the thread, I havent done so, Ive just claimed not to be telling lies, which is totally different, and I have stated repeatedly I only commented on what I personally saw.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Old 04-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

When did I say you was lying you clown?
I said you were talking shite as you dont know what you talking about, not that you lying, you dont lie as far as i can see?!

and hes still doing it
hes like ariston
Old 04-01-2008, 04:27 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

I havent said otherwise.
Stav said I was LIEING, not that I was mistaken about the rally scene as a whole, Im quite happy to admit that they did better than my limited experience of watching rallying at the time lead me to believe, I havent at any point in this thread argued against that, all Ive argued is that my comment were based on what I saw, and were accurate to that limited experience.
I wasnt lieing, as I was accurately portraying what I recall seeing at the time.
I couldnt care less if my experience of watching pulsars at the time was representive of the whole scene or not, but I could care less about being called a Liar when im not.

So im NOT claiming (like people are saying I am) that what I said was accurate or "right" about the rally scene as a whole, it represents what I recall seeing and was accurately labelled as such right from that very post that you have just qouted.

Ive justified my statement as NOT a dishonest statement, Ive said that my experience was mainly of clubman and Im quite happy to accept it is not representative of the whole scene, I havent gone back and said "I was wrong, I didnt see what I say I saw" as that would then be a lie, and as Ive mentioned for 4 pages, I dont lie.

I dont care about the last word or not on the subject of pulsars rallying, I do however care about being publically called a liar when im not.

Ive not at any point argued that pulsars didnt do well in places I hadnt observed.

I havent said otherwise since being told that, I havent argued thats wrong, Ive merely said that my comment wasnt lieing about that, as it was clearly labelled as only based on my own experience which didnt include wathcing those rallys.

People who think Ive been claiming to be right or wrong are TOTALLY misreading the thread, I havent done so, Ive just claimed not to be telling lies, which is totally different, and I have stated repeatedly I only commented on what I personally saw.
Noones called you a liar, just said you were wrong

By your own method of justification tho.....

I watched only the first two seconds of the Challenger Space Shuttle flight......so IMO it was completely sucessful ( as it didnt see the rest of it and the crash )

Can I now argue for 4 pages on the internet that i'm right and it was brilliant because the bit of it I saw went to plan?

The more you argue the more and more you look like a muppet

I wish you wouldnt get involved in all this, just do your wicked projects and advice posts
Old 04-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Chip

my very first posts were actually constructed in EXACTLY the way he has spent now 4 pages telling me they should have been (ie as an opinion)
your first posts wasnt put like that
Thats an example of you directly stating that I have lied.

I told you I had stated my posts as opinions, you said I hadnt, that IS calling me a liar, wether you meant to or not you did.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Chip

Thats NOT the case, you are mistaken.

By your own method of justification tho.....

I watched only the first two seconds of the Challenger Space Shuttle flight......so IMO it was completely sucessful ( as it didnt see the rest of it and the crash )

Can I now argue for 4 pages on the internet that i'm right and it was brilliant because the bit of it I saw went to plan?
You could argue that the bit you saw was brilliant but that you cant comment beyond that if you wish, and in doing so you wouldnt be doing anything justified people calling you a liar, they may feel that your experience wasnt representative of course, and they would be right to do so, but if they called you a liar they would be doing you a great injustice.

The more you argue the more and more you look like a muppet
I think anyone posting in this thread after so long looks like a muppet TBH, I dont care about that one way or the other, I just dont like people stating or implying that I am a liar when Im not.

I wish you wouldnt get involved in all this, just do your wicked projects and advice posts
I wish I wouldnt get dragged into stuff where people try and claim Ive said things that I havent, but if I just let it go and allow people to call me a liar, then there isnt much point me posting on here giving advice if people think I may be lieing in the advice IMHO
Old 04-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Mr Whippy
Oderint dum metuant

Is he mistaken?? Or is he lying??

Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Mr Whippy
Is he mistaken?? Or is he lying??

Ive no way of knowing if he is lieing or mistaken, so im giving him the benefit of the doubt, you would have to ask him which is actually the case.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Mark_w

Rofl shut it Ariston

mark

Quick Reply: whats a better car a metro 6r4 or a nissan pulsar