General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: whats better 6r4 or pulsar
metro 6r4
87.10%
nissan pulsar
12.90%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

whats a better car a metro 6r4 or a nissan pulsar

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

You then said:

1986 Rally of Sweden
Distance: 1670 km including 558 km over 30 special stages
Jean-Luc Thevenaud- MG Metro 6R4- 6:07.08

1992 Rally of Sweden
Distance: 1674.05 km including 571.19 km over 31 special stages
Stig Blomqvist- Nissan Sunny GTI-R- 5:26.09

Unless im mistaken, that makes the GTIR significantly faster than the 6R4, and over a longer distance.

And you didnt mention that in the 1986 rally, that the Jean-Luc car got STUFFED by a vauxhall astra

Then, you got all upset cause I took the piss out of your "scientific" data and its been going round in circles ever since and you still havent at any point passed comment on the fact that astra was quicker and surely that should have rang alarm bells in your head about what nonsense you were posting?
You seem to be too busy telling me that I havent answered questions that I in fact have done many times, to notice that you yourself havent

So just to be VERY clear, I will word it as plainly as possible:

Question 1:
You are claiming that times from rallys 6 years apart over different distances are directly comparable because conditions were listed as the same, and that the results of just a single car from each rally can actually imply something without knowing ANY details about the cars or drivers or whatever happened to them on the rally, do you think that actually makes any sense, or was I right to take the piss out of it as absolute pure net warrior pseudo technical nonsense?

Question 2:
Assuming you do still think you can read anything into the crap you posted:
which in your opinion is the quicker rally car between astra gte's and the 6r4s?

Old 03-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasnt upset at any scientific data, its you having a spazzy fit, i just dug some crappy times up to show my point.
Not a good way of explaining it, but ask anyone in rallying and they will tell you that later cars, though not as powerful by a long shot, were so much more advanced the gaps were close if not overtaken.
Nice of you to keep bringing up the only bit of an argument that remotely is on your side tho

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Originally Posted by Stavros
You said, many times on this hillarious thread, it wasnt sucsessful in GrpN, it was only even half good on the cold rounds, and if it had a FMIC it maybe wouldve been ok as a GrpN car.

Are any of those "facts" correct?
Those are all things I observed at the time yes, so are facts about what I saw, well other than the FMIC and cold comment, which was clearly an opinion not an observation as obviously the cars didnt drive around with their charge temps displayed on the roof of course

From what I recall, Nissan agreed with my opinion though, as they tried to mount the cooler at the front of the car (i dont recall if that was on group A or N though), but were told it wasnt homolgated there and they had to use the top mount.
Ive never seen a lot of things, I still know and believe they have happened.
You didnt see it, but they still happened and all the comments are still totally wrong, which was the point from the start.
If you claim to have seen and have knowlege of these cars rallying, why would you be saying exactly the opposite of what really happened?

And the intercooler thing would be GrpA, as you can do pretty much what you want within reason in GrpA, you cant and never have been able to move intercoolers in GrpN, and there was clearly no need to, as they won even on the hottest rallies of the WRC callender...
Old 03-01-2008, 04:44 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

come on lads give over its getting a bit boaring now
Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marco polo
you mean boring

soz couldnt resist
Old 03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Chip cant resist, if I keep typing anything at all, so will he, esp as he knows the Pulsar "facts" that he keeps mentioning are daft

Just chill, they all in the pool and your invited too

Old 03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Chip

You didnt see it
Correct. I did not, I watch some rallying but have NEVER at any point claimed to have seen "all" or even "lots" of rallying.

If you claim to have seen and have knowlege of these cars rallying
The only "claim" that I have made, is that I saw some rallys and in those the pulsar didnt do very well, especially the hot ones.

why would you be saying exactly the opposite of what really happened?
At no point have I said anything that is the exact opposite of anything I saw, you are just totally mistaken it would appear.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:49 PM
LARSSON7
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

You lot have way to much time on your hands!
Old 03-01-2008, 04:51 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by aduz
you mean boring

soz couldnt resist

no probs if your looking for spelling mistakes you need to go through all my posts you will find loads persoanlly couldn't give a fook

sorry i couldn't resist
Old 03-01-2008, 04:53 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you mean boring

soz couldnt resist

no probs if your looking for spelling mistakes you need to go through all my posts you will find loads persoanlly couldn't give a fook

sorry i couldn't resist
Old 03-01-2008, 04:53 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Chip cant resist, if I keep typing anything at all, so will he, esp as he knows the Pulsar "facts" that he keeps mentioning are daft

sorry but im not in too man love like yourself and yea pulsars are shite
Old 03-01-2008, 04:54 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Stavros - That is fcukin vile
Old 03-01-2008, 04:56 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by DanCossie
yes mate thats his massive possie all giving blow jobs about pulsars
Old 03-01-2008, 04:57 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by DanCossie
yes mate thats his massive possie all giving blow jobs about pulsars
Old 03-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Well im off home now to have sex (with a girl, not at chips pool party) then dick about in the car, so he can fire away with his witty and clever internet put-downs without fear of reply.

Simply though, not for Chip as he knows, but for anyone else who cares, which is nobody really

if they had been fitted with a decent intercooler they would have been relatively competitive in group n I suspect
1993 GrpN World Rally Champs with a top mount intercooler.

in fact IIRC they did ok on a couple of cold rallys, like norway or somewhere
No, they won the GrpN classes on hottest Rallies of the WRC callender.

IMHO they werent competitive in group N, they might have won the odd thing
1993 GrpN World Rally Champs.

my opinion based on what I saw in rallying (mainly going by clubman stuff as thats mainly what I go and watch),
No wonder the stuff you are informing people is so far off the mark then.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Chip

Ah, so you had time to repeat yourself and quote me out of context, but not to answer any questions

And what was it you accused me of doing while I kept answering your questions?

Ah yeah, not answering questions, that was it.

Also, please note the next time you are using terms like that I "claimed" something.

I used the following terms which you dont seem to understand:

IMHO = In my humble opinion (Ie im NOT claiming it as a fact)
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly (Ie im NOT claiming it as a fact)
I suspect = I suspect (Ie im NOT claiming as a fact)

Might be worth you checking basic stuff like that before you start trying to go on and on posting again and again about the same stuff trying to "catch chip out" or "prove chip wrong" if you actually see if im claiming things are facts in the first place, and not just throw away comments about my opinon based on my limited experience of the subject which im not claiming to be an expert on anyway
Old 03-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I did answer? I never said once Astras are better than 6R4s. I never even mentioned that car.

You did say a load of rubbish about Pulsars tho
Old 03-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Chip

I did answer? I never said once Astras are better than 6R4s. I never even mentioned that car.
I havent claimed you mentioned astra's.
I mentioned them, as they were so relevant to the ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS you were posting.

Anyway, as you seem to have misunderstood which questions or something. here they are again for you just to be sure you know which ones:

Question 1:
You are claiming that times from rallys 6 years apart over different distances are directly comparable because conditions were listed as the same, and that the results of just a single car from each rally can actually imply something without knowing ANY details about the cars or drivers or whatever happened to them on the rally, do you think that actually makes any sense, or was I right to take the piss out of it as absolute pure net warrior pseudo technical nonsense?

Question 2:
which in your opinion is the quicker rally car between astra gte's and the 6r4s?
Old 03-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

FUCK ME! Its paddy!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:30 PM
OvaBoost
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

IIRC nissan pulled the pulsar out of rallying because of reliability issues, otherwise it was a great car
Old 03-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by OvaBoost
IIRC nissan pulled the pulsar out of rallying because of reliability issues, otherwise it was a great car

Overheating I think....
Old 03-01-2008, 09:24 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Chip is too busy kicking his car in the bollocks to care about this shit!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I havent claimed you mentioned astra's.
I mentioned them, as they were so relevant to the ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS you were posting.

Anyway, as you seem to have misunderstood which questions or something. here they are again for you just to be sure you know which ones:

Question 1:

Question 2:
You HAD to reply ROFL So I will too

And no doubt you will once again, as you got some kind of OCD where you have to post last

Absolute Bollocks?
My only "claim" unlike all your hillariously incorrect ones about Pulsars rallying, is that what you said about even a poo GrpB car was faster than even the best GrpA cars from the 90s was bollocks.
And considering how massivley wrong you was on your other Pulsar comments, who would take any notice of you?

My example wasnt good, but its all I could think of at the time.
But fuck, as im sure your amaaaazing rally knowlege will hae taught you, the 90s F2 FWD non-turbo rally cars commonly kicked the WRC cars asses too.
Are they better, debatable I guess, but you the only one who brought it up.

I dont think Pulars are better than 6R4s, not for a second, never said that once, but I do think your comments about them from the start have been rubbish, which is what ive said all along, and aside from the stage times thing which is impossible to prove, ive proven them all correct.

And you dont like that, so kicking up a fuss like an upset monkey in a zoo throwing his shit at the people laughing at him.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Chip

Stav, what are you going on about?

What did you prove?

I said that In my opinion, based on what I saw of them they werent very good.

I never presented it as fact, only VERY clearly, as my personal opinion based on my personal experience.

So how do you intend to disprove that when its true?

No amount of keyboard warrior "funny pictures" is going to manage that one mate

You could keep this up for 50 pages and it STILL would be pointless and inccaurate, just like your nonsense saying it makes sense to compare 2 cars on a rally 6 years apart
Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Chip

PS

You still havent actually just concisely answered those questions.

Here they are again, im sure if you read them enough times you will be able to manage a reply eventally.

Question 1:

Question 2:
Old 03-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by B16 YBB
you do the usual "argue till everyone stops posting replies" thing you do.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Wow, 2 posts, awesome, 2 whole minutes after I posted last Sitting there with the finger on the trigger, kapow.

1)- Im not claiming they comparable, ive said that twice now, last time i even said its not the best example to show the point i was giving, that you saying a crap GrpB car from 86 would muller even the best GrpA car from the 90s, is bollocks.
But unfortunatly I cant think of a better example to show it

2)- I said that too, overall a 6R4 is better, as it is versus a Pulsar. Nobody has ever said otherwise.

And if you put stuff as personal opinion, id make sure it reads like that, especially when its proven your opinions are miles from fact, as all your original claims seems like statments of fact, hence why i called you on them.
And TBH, if they were just your opinion, a simple "oh right, live and learn" when you realised they wrong, wouldve been better than 3 pages of being a bitch and trying to turn the argument to your side, surely.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Chip

As I said 6 hours ago, but you dont seem to have noticed:

Also, please note the next time you are using terms like that I "claimed" something.

I used the following terms which you dont seem to understand:

IMHO = In my humble opinion (Ie im NOT claiming it as a fact)
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly (Ie im NOT claiming it as a fact)
I suspect = I suspect (Ie im NOT claiming as a fact)

Might be worth you checking basic stuff like that before you start trying to go on and on posting again and again about the same stuff trying to "catch chip out" or "prove chip wrong" if you actually see if im claiming things are facts in the first place, and not just throw away comments about my opinon based on my limited experience of the subject which im not claiming to be an expert on anyway

Now I thought that was a pretty much idiot-proof way of saying that what I put was personal opinion, but I obviously underestimated the idiocy involved when you read it

Thats it for me now on the subject, even if you do want to go in circles some more, you will have to do so alone as Im bored of repeating that Ive never made any "claims of fact" at any point in this thread to you and if you havent grasped it by now, you obviously arent ever going to manage to do so anyway.

As I said at the beginning if its something I know about I state it as fact, if I dont, I wont, that hasnt changed in 3 pages, and it wont change in 3 more, I only post accurate information as fact, if its opinion I post it as opinion, EXACTLY like I did here.

Im not in work tomorrow, so dont need to be at a PC all day, so I will be out finishing off my car instead of humouring you on the net, but im sure you can play with Phil or someone if you still want to carry on
Old 03-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

IMHO this is hillariously gay, almost shameful for me to reply, but too funny not to.
IIRC your the most argumentative petty uppity person ive ever known.
I suspect you have some serious inferiority complex the way you leave no stone unturned to win any argument, even when everyone else would just concede that their comments, opinion or not, are pretty far fetched from reality, and nobody would hold that against you, as nobody is always right.

You do realise that now, any time you decide to correct anyones incorrect comment, which will happen all the time on here, you are doing exactly what your trying to have a go at me for, for doing to you...

(PS, i love that "humouring" me crap what kind of person you think you are? I been out all night, come home, reply hours later just as know you will, and your quickdraw mcgraw replying 2mins later, nice work )
Old 03-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Chip

You do realise that now, any time you decide to correct anyones incorrect comment, which will happen all the time on here, you are doing exactly what your trying to have a go at me for, for doing to you...
I only make a meal out of correcting things that people post as fact, not something clearly stated as just their opinion anyway mate, that just pathetic and not my style, I'll leave that one to you

Congrtulations that you managed to go out, obviously a big deal to you as you mentioned it both before and after Ive been out to, just didnt feel the need to mention it, only came on PF when I got back cause I had emails telling me I had some PMs to check, but I really dont see why it bothers you one way or the other, I coudlnt care less what you do with your evening, so I fail to understand your fascination with mine.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you do the usual "argue till everyone stops posting replies" thing you do.
and hes still doing it
hes like ariston
Old 03-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

so as well as making sure you havent said anything like IMO, IMHO, IIRC, I suspect, etc etc to cover your ass when talking rubbish, sometimes we are just meant to guess?

if they had been fitted with a decent intercooler they would have been relatively competitive in group n I suspect,
im sure anyone would read that as they wasnt competitive in GrpN, you know that world championchip they won.

even winning every grpA rally ever, wouldnt make a car as good as a middle of the pack grpB car
again, sounds like a fact to me

etc etc.

but of course, you can never be wrong, thats only something the rest of us can do.

ones things for fucking sure, wrong or not, you will do your fucking damndest not to admit it, even going as far as trying to make others look bad to deflect the argument
Old 03-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Chip

If im wrong about something, im actually VERY happy to admit it, Ive done it a few times on this forum in the past when its happened and Stu or Sheady or someone has corrected me on something, but in this case im not wrong about my opinon, simply cause it really is my opinion.

With regards the rest, please see above as its already been covered many times and I really cant be arsed to go over it again, if you cant work out fact from opinion when its so clearly stated (in the original posts not in your chopped up semi quotes including only what suits this weird argument you are trying to have) then there isnt much point stating it again as its unlikely to help you out anymore this time than it clearly didnt before when I bothered.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:51 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

so did you have a good shag steve?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

err mate, the only 2 quotes i took then are the ones where you DONT say at all anything that shows its your opinion and may well be complete shite

others you covered your ass, them, the ones that started this hillarious arguing, you didnt.

nope, all went a bit wrong, might have a wank in a min before i go to sleep
Old 03-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Chip

Evidently not if he finds the internet more interesting than having another go, well either that or she didnt have a good one even if he did so has fucked off
Old 03-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

chip did you not used to have a go at phil for blabbing shit he knows fook all about
Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Evidently not if he finds the internet more interesting than having another go, well either that or she didnt have a good one even if he did so has fucked off
yeah, right-o mate, thats it, try and be nasty n make it personal.

seeing as most your birds have been underage it seems, getting in at gone 11 must be late in your book anyhow.

dont even start me having a go at you personally, something ive left you to so far, ive just kept it to the point of this thread as wouldnt stoop so pathetically low unless someone started it 1st, as your a fucking joke.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Daviet
chip did you not used to have a go at phil for blabbing shit he knows fook all about
Yes mate, cause he used to present wrong technical information as clearcut fact, and worse still offer people advice in how they tuned their car accordingly, I dont like people being given incorrect information that might lead to them doing something wrong with their engien or whatever so I used to make a big deal out of correcting it if he carried on, posts like that can turn a useful resource like this forum into not one potentially.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Daviet
Yes mate, cause he used to present wrong technical information as clearcut fact, and worse still offer people advice in how they tuned their car accordingly, I dont like people being given incorrect information that might lead to them doing something wrong with their engien or whatever so I used to make a big deal out of correcting it if he carried on, posts like that can turn a useful resource like this forum into not one potentially.
pretty much like this thread
Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Chip

yeah, right-o mate, thats it, try and be nasty n make it personal.

seeing as most your birds have been underage it seems, getting in at gone 11 must be late in your book anyhow.

dont even start me having a go at you personally, something ive left you to so far, ive just kept it to the point of this thread as wouldnt stoop so pathetically low unless someone started it 1st, as your a fucking joke.

Actually, you've been trying to be personal all the way through, I'll bother to go back and quote you on it next week if im bored enough in work, as there have been LOADS of instances, such as this one:
you have some serious inferiority complex
I just didnt bother picking up on it and making a big deal like you have done here, cause the difference is of course that it didnt touch a nerve with me cause its obvious bollocks

Quick Reply: whats a better car a metro 6r4 or a nissan pulsar