General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PF Topspeed event

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Bread
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im now off to post Gus's mobile number on lots of 'singles' adverts

Old 11-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Your one who id like to meet actually Tiff One day im sure

You too pops, hopefully about 11k away from here tho. Throw some snags on the barbie

There are many tho, whom i wouldnt like to....thats all
Old 11-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Bread

No point mate he does that himself in the local rag.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:27 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds

And it is coming up to his busiest night , Helloween
Old 11-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Bread
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Old 11-10-2004, 10:28 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool idea. Can u spectate if u dont wanna run ur motor?
Old 11-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by TIFF-C20WTH
Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds

And it is coming up to his busiest night , Helloween
Poor bastards whos door he trick or treats at
Old 11-10-2004, 10:29 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

never thought of gus like that before,but now you mention it tiff,gus does look like a pumpkin
Old 11-10-2004, 10:29 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

He would scare the shit out of me in the day
Old 11-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Old 11-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by POPEYE
never thought of gus like that before,but now you mention it tiff,gus does look like a pumpkin
Hmm id say more turnip like
Old 11-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Why do all the mods hate anyone from MAD They all seem to have been banned before at some point... and you can't argue one sided!

I'm just a normal user and I don't see any reason for it really!

P.S. Why bother with a top speed event for half hearted stage 3 cossies? They will hit 170odd on the limiter.. big deal

Hardly a top speed event is it?

You all say blah blah 60k this, but when Martin Hadland says one engine costs 30k in parts alone you all bow down and call him a hero..
Old 11-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

phil i dont hate mad m8 atall just the shit what comes with everyone
Old 11-10-2004, 10:45 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Originally Posted by Phil
Why do all the mods hate anyone from MAD
I dont

Sunny is sound
Ranj is cool
Rhys is a pikey fookin taffy
Old 11-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Fair enough then, just how it's looked from my perspective ever since Rod did 200... I know Sunny and Rod have been banned from here and have all removed anything from their sig saying about the 200mph record..
Old 11-10-2004, 10:49 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

There choice Phil
Old 11-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Cool.. maybe I just missed out on all the action then
Old 11-10-2004, 10:54 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God you lot are so fookin tedious
Fook top end speed lets hire a track and put everyone on the grid do 10 laps and the 1st one past the chquered flag is the winner
Old 11-10-2004, 11:08 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Sounds like a top idea Rodders.

Can I bring my new car? I reckon I could take out a few of the big power cossie boys with my new engine and setup.

Phil - I am glad someone else can actually see what is happening. Me and Tiff had a chat today and hopefully the atomsphere will change from now on....just hope the rest of the moderators will do the same too (no offence to anyone). Passion Ford should be fairly policed.

Originally Posted by Rob@SCC Performance
how about a nice 355 Ferrari.... and at only 51k you'd have some change

http://www.racecar.co.uk/talacrest/stock/109556.htm
Rob - I have lost count of the amount of people saying "you could of spent all that money you spent on a Ford Fiesta on a proper car like a Ferrari, Porsche or Skyline" however when our older Ford's make these super cars look like they're standing still whilst racing a poxy fwd fiesta bean tin or F reg Saph all that money we spend on our cars is well spent as the look on the other drivers faces is simply PRICELESS and no matter what there is nothing better in the world than beating someone who looks at you and smiles thinking "oh dear silly Ford boy" before a good old fashioned head to head race then caining the living pants of them. At the end of the day when you see a Ferrari or a Porsche on the motorway you EXPECT them to be fast however when we mod our Ford's to levels beyond these supercars the ultimate reward is the look on the stuck up Ferrari driving mofo's faces.

I am sure Sheady remembers a certain race with a Ferrari on the M1 on the way to Brunters. If only we had a camera....oh and the race with a Porsche 996 turbo and R1 on the M1 on the way back from Lincoln. The only thing I remember after that race when everyone slowed down was the bloke on the R1 tapping his helmet indicating how mad he thought we were and getting a dirty look from the Porker driver.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:02 AM
ADUSR33
Advanced PassionFord User

rod as evident in ur deleted post u are a big headed fooker...

WHAT TOP SPEED DID ROCKET RONNY RUN AT BRUNTERS AGAIN? ...

Old 12-10-2004, 12:08 AM
ADUSR33

i suppose anyone can pay mark a certain amount of money and get a fast taxi ....its just not fast enough
Old 12-10-2004, 01:22 AM
Sean Bicknell

Bloody Hell!!

My 3p's worth

1. Rod wants a top speed day not a fun day. I agree a fun day would be cool and I would love to attend, so hey, someone go off and start a "Fun Day" post.

2. I have been to a few of these days and as timing equipment is limited and takes time to set-up on each car there is always going to be a maximum number of cars that can physically be timed in one day

3. Due to number 2, then I agree there should be a minimum requirement as afterall Rod wants a Top Speed day, which does rule out all but the top end cars. I aint trying to sound elitist here at all, just trying to keep the post true to its title.

4. I think fair play to Rod for putting his car where his (sometimes very big ) mouth is and giving us all a chance to knock him off his thrown. Rod has took a lot of stick over his 200+ run. Plus he has also given out a HUGE amount as well. Rod has everything to loose here and this gives everyone who would like a chance to knock him off his pirch a chance to do so!!!!

The big problem for this kind of event is always gonna be getting all of the people who have big power cars in the same place at the same time. How you get around that I don't know. I orginally said my car would be ready in May 2004 and it is still sitting on axle stands now.

5. I totally agree with Sunny here. Ferrari 355's are shit and slow. Sorry folks but 355's and 360's are bloody mobile chicanes on track days, I would certainly not waste my hard earned on something like that if the end result that i wanted was to go fast.

6. 60k is not a bad outlay for the car that Rod has. He has a 200+mph super car slayer that he can take his wife and kids to the shops in if he wants. I have driven Rods car and it is a joy to drive. Ok it isn't a 911 GT2 as far as perfomance / useability / reliability go, but then lets remember that Rod has only spent 60k and not 120k and where you gonna squeeze the kids and the shopping in a GT2.

Plus look at the likes of Ronnie and Simon Norris. I know that both those guys have spent a hell of a lot more than 60k on there cars and at the end of the day they are only an old Datsun and a Mitsi taxi with spoilers. LOL. (Sorry guys you know I luv ya, just using ya as an example!! )

I ain't biggin Rod up here, I like many others would love to take his record off him. So lets get it on. Lets bag a dtae (please let it be 2005 ) and lets all put our money where our mouths are!!!!

Sean..
Old 12-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Excellent Post Sean!!! Excellent!

Adus..you really are boring don't you have some ass kissing to do
on the GTR forum or something??
Old 12-10-2004, 03:28 AM
Gav Diamond
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would be up for this aswell but it will need to be next year as Scotty is very busy at the moment and hasn't even had chance to look at my car.

I don't think i will get to 200mph but i am hoping for over 190.

Rod
Are you still up for sorting me out that thing for the alternator and for recomending my tyre sizes when i have desided what gearing i am having?

Cheers
Gavin
Old 12-10-2004, 06:46 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

yes a topspeed event would be interesting.

it would be good to see the contenders for the highest topspeed as in rod etc.

but imo it would also be interesting to see a shoot out of other general spec cars as one stg 3 is not the same as another.

as for a fun day, good idea, but what makes you think that it would be any less 'elitist'? sean has already said that ferrari's are mobile chicanes on a track day, so what kind of comments are some people's 'lesser' cars going to attract from some people (not implying sean directly).
Old 12-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Dunccoss
PassionFord Post Troll

Iam allready sorting a day out at brunters for next year it will be on sunday 19th june, it will be a track day and i hope to have 0 to 60 as well should be a top day, more details will be out soon

cheers all DUNC
Old 12-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Great post Sean.

Sounds good Dunc
Old 12-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SPADGE
God you lot are so fookin tedious
Fook top end speed lets hire a track and put everyone on the grid do 10 laps and the 1st one past the chquered flag is the winner
Old 12-10-2004, 07:34 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

IF the event is to find out if there are any other cars that can actually top 200mph, then the event has to be restricted to 600+bhp cars (whether this be achieved with NOS or not is immaterial, the cars MUST have 600+bhp). No point in doing it otherwise, as we know what it takes for a Cossie to break the 200mph barrier (and that is over 600bhp).

However, I do agree that it would be great to hire brunters and the timing gear for a day and split the cost between everyone for a fun event . I think that Rod's aim was to see if there were any true challengers for his crown or just imposters... .
Old 12-10-2004, 09:11 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

No point in doing it otherwise, as we know what it takes for a Cossie to break the 200mph barrier (and that is over 600bhp).
or some cunning aero mods might challenge it with a stg3, some plywood and some sticky back plastic
Old 12-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by ADUSR32
rod as evident in ur deleted post u are a big headed fooker...

WHAT TOP SPEED DID ROCKET RONNY RUN AT BRUNTERS AGAIN? ...

205.7 i think, but we were about the same at 1.25 miles. My Cossie was out of revs 7937 in 5th so its longer gearing & back for another go.
If thats being Bigheaded fooker maybe its why im prepared to try & beat the Rocket & you aint.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sean Bicknell top post

wait till i get my AEM Air Filter my rice rocket will woop all of ya

a fun event is a good idea we could play chase the honda pin the tale on the honda
Old 12-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
IF the event is to find out if there are any other cars that can actually top 200mph, then the event has to be restricted to 600+bhp cars (whether this be achieved with NOS or not is immaterial, the cars MUST have 600+bhp). No point in doing it otherwise, as we know what it takes for a Cossie to break the 200mph barrier (and that is over 600bhp).

However, I do agree that it would be great to hire brunters and the timing gear for a day and split the cost between everyone for a fun event . I think that Rod's aim was to see if there were any true challengers for his crown or just imposters... .
Thanks Mike
Thats exactly what the intention was nothing more , nothing less.
After a long chat with a moderator im convinced my agenda on this Forum is at odds with the vast majority.
I now realise that the EVO/Skyline boys may have more expendable income to produce Top level cars to compete & win events like Totb.
Its a bit sad that because ive tried to produce a car to compete with them im seen as arrogant & a big-headed fu***r. Its not true, im just toally self-confident in all i set out to do. Its what makes winners.
I will now return to the back benches & join in the fun on this Forum.

When i got involved with Cosworths 8years ago i stayed away from competing because i knew my mega-competative streak would show. Guess what i took a load of flack & was called Chicken . Now look what happens when I decided to put my car on the line. VERY SAD!!.

I wish you well when you take on the Jap boys, but please dont consider my car, its no longer a candidate ,
I intend to have another crack at the Topspeed record , cos its unfinished buisness & then retire.
Thanks Rod
Old 12-10-2004, 12:19 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

end of the day rod i agree there comes a point when it all goes to far tyre warmers motorhome pit garges at totb is going to far
cozzys are getting old now and 200 is a mega achevment but jap stuf is newer and to do over 200 without gas is totally out this world emagine what simon evo would do with gas aswell
Old 12-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Rod, I really hope you reconsider as you clearly have an awesome car that can take on some of the best cars out there when it comes to topspeed and straight line speed events

I can understand your point of view but sometimes its not what you say but how you say it....

I also think that maybe you rubbed a few people up the wrong way with a few of the comments that 'rubbished' for a better word a lot of the other tuners efforts. This is NOT taking anything away from mark at all, who has clearly demonstrated that he is a very very capable tuner given the right car, client and more importantly BUDGET

BUT you guys haven't produced a miracle as you seemed to be making out.... what you did was VERY professionally and thoroughly design and build a car to do a job. AND it did it superbly!!!

Good luck going faster and I REALLY REALLY hope you are at TOTB4 shutting up some japboys and giving us Ford people someone to cheer!

Plenty of time to get old later mate
Old 12-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

P.S and ranj was telling me you use the car almost everyday

FAIR FOOKING PLAY
Old 12-10-2004, 01:45 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Wouldn't this sort of event be perfect as a prelim TOTB qualifying?
Old 12-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by MADRod
Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

Thanks Mike
Thats exactly what the intention was nothing more , nothing less.
After a long chat with a moderator im convinced my agenda on this Forum is at odds with the vast majority.
I now realise that the EVO/Skyline boys may have more expendable income to produce Top level cars to compete & win events like Totb.
Its a bit sad that because ive tried to produce a car to compete with them im seen as arrogant & a big-headed fu***r. Its not true, im just toally self-confident in all i set out to do. Its what makes winners.
I will now return to the back benches & join in the fun on this Forum.

When i got involved with Cosworths 8years ago i stayed away from competing because i knew my mega-competative streak would show. Guess what i took a load of flack & was called Chicken . Now look what happens when I decided to put my car on the line. VERY SAD!!.

I wish you well when you take on the Jap boys, but please dont consider my car, its no longer a candidate ,
I intend to have another crack at the Topspeed record , cos its unfinished buisness & then retire.
Thanks Rod
I totaly agree with Rod, It seems the more sucesfull you become the more the haters call you arrogant arseholes that just throw money at it this is far from the truth, it costs me a min of 1k in lost time and earnings just to get Rods car ready for the 200mph run but all we get is grief from a couple of people ,
Just think that I may also be the first Cossie tuner to get 2 cars over 200mph just wait for the haters ,
So I now withdraw my free support to any shootout that will make it on to this board anyone who whats my company to support them will have to pay as its just not worth it,
I will still be running my cars for any Perfomance Ford testing as they are top people , As for TOTB4 If I am there with a Ford I will be payed for it or I will sit at home and tell everone HOW fast my car was on the M4 the week before but not going to proof it This I think will get me lots of people saying I AM THE BEST .

Mark

Quick Reply: PF Topspeed event