General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PF Topspeed event

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 07:05 PM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Switch
I reckon a Brunters thrash with a mix of Passionford cars would be cool, everything from stg 1 up to Rods car. This would give peeps ideas of what performance different specs can do and be good fun for all involved
exactly!!

and it would represent about 60% of peoples cars on here rather than the 1% and hence be a PF top speed thrash!
Old 12-10-2004, 07:09 PM
AD-RS1600i
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a shame Rod I think (probably along with 95% of the reasonable people on here) that what you have done is brilliant, both technically and raising the profile of the Ford club. I personally, really like reading about people pushing these cars forwards, and doing some remarkable stuff with them! I also dont think anything that brings you happyness is a waist of money. Besides if the cynics dont want to 'waist money', then they should simply sell their cars and buy a bus pass as all cars, especially modded ones (purely logically) are a waist of money! but thats not the point, its fun!

I hope to see your car at TOTB4 as it would be proper cool to see a really strong Ford team, give a good showing!

A top speed day would be really cool as well, and would make a good mag feature!

It's a real shame posts like this seem to continue getting bitter and cynical, what up with everyone?
Old 12-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M Brian
out of them.. there's only Karl and porkie with cars available and everyone knows this... so was this just an open suggestion and underhanded challenge or another way of putting them down?
No it was a genuine suggestion for a Topspeed event cos i wanted to have another crack & to give a chance for other big horsepower cars to try as well. no more no less.
How can I put someone down who aint stood up yet. .
The answer is easy I will go with other more like minded people,said nothing about others having a fun day of their own, just got twisted that way.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:37 PM
PF Dave
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Or then again there is the annual and hopefully soon to be more regular Performance Ford daddy thrash! Which is not too far away and will give at least 12, maybe more Cossies (and RST's on another day) a chance at going for all disciplines as well as top speed!

As already said to get timing gear on and off 30-40-50 cars in a day would be impossible, you would be lucky if you got just one run in, VERY lucky.

A trackday would be your best bet for getting everyone together and having a laugh which we also might be able to help with soon, so watch this space.

PS. Mark cheers for the kind words
Old 12-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dave count me in the daddy thrash if theres room
Old 12-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by PF Dave
Or then again there is the annual and hopefully soon to be more regular Performance Ford daddy thrash! Which is not too far away and will give at least 12, maybe more Cossies (and RST's on another day) a chance at going for all disciplines as well as top speed!

PS. Mark cheers for the kind words
If i had realised this i would not have needed to have posted this thread When approx is this likely to happen Dave so i can carry out a few more mods to the car.
Rod
Old 12-10-2004, 08:05 PM
PF Dave
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Sorry Rod, I beleive it's happening around January time although I would have to confirm that as it's not set in stone yet. (As in there will be a thrash 100% just not 100% sure of the date yet LOL - if that makes sense)
Old 12-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Sorry Rod, I beleive it's happening around January time although I would have to confirm that as it's not set in stone yet. (As in there will be a thrash 100% just not 100% sure of the date yet LOL - if that makes sense)
Sounds just Perfect Dave .
Old 12-10-2004, 10:14 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
....... Offer stands until the team is full .
Cant say too much at the moment, but am dynoing a BIG power engine this
week that will be going in to a friends car that will be a serious contender
for TOTB4 and such like events. Will let you know.
Old 13-10-2004, 03:57 AM
Gav Diamond
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Noooo im not missing another one was invited last year about 1 week after i stripped the car and sold the engine.

Think im gonna get a second job and give Scotty a kick to get me car going,lol
Old 13-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

All those that want a fun day out are just "gonnas" as in they're "gonna" do this and they're "gonna" do that - FFS, as Steve3drALS has stated there are loads fo track days all the time for you to explore the limits of your car (eg. Beds RSOC day at JP's Autodrome). Why don't the ones that are so vocal appear at any of these? I'll tell you why, what they REALLY mean is they want a "free lunch", as in they want to have a roar round a track and NOT have to pay for it . Pikey fuckers . If this isn't the case, then I expect to see all those being so vocal about elitism etc, to be at Bedford in Feb . No-one is stopping you from attending ANY publically organised track day .

You will soon get an inkling of what it is like in the real world of doing such events when you have done something like this and had to pay for any replacement parts (pads, tyres etc).
Old 13-10-2004, 08:31 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Bedford next month as well!!!! Redline Track Attack

Are you going to get on the booze again Mike like on Rentons stag do?? or are you going to let your daughter do your drinking for you again

Old 13-10-2004, 08:33 AM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

a track day isnt a thrash though. totally different set-up of cars required for track versus strip.

top speed events have become the new 1/4 mile IMO. but you cant run top speed at many places on your own.
(and motorways and GPS just don't count it seems!)

it isnt magazine featured either its not that cut and dry the differences.

but all comes down to understanding of this post.
a new daddie thrash would be good to see.

someone challenging rod to 201mph would be good to see (but there isnt really any challengers at the moment, and most people know that)

not quite sure where the 'if you think its elitist turn up to a track day' comes from?
Old 13-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Lee,
Firstly, I would like to add that in that photo I am stone cold sober and the bottle is empty...

Melv,
The people that are moaning though, I have never seen taking part in ANY event (Santa Pod / Track etc) what-so-ever .

Look at it from a prospective magazine's point of view - why would they want to host an event for basically run of the mill cars? The majority of the readership wants to see cars that they can aspire to owning / building, not things that they already have.

I bet any magazine notices a steep increase in sales when the cover has a super-bling car on the front....

All you lot take the piss out of the cars that appear in "Fast" Ford, so you know EXACTLY what I mean .

I would just have more respect for people that actually went along to things and moaned rather than those that just moan full stop... .
Old 13-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Phil
Jeebus

It'd be meltdown central with all the wannabee's there eh Mike??! lol!!!
Old 13-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Phil,
And you know it .
Old 13-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Phil
Jeebus

But then again i'm no wannadoo!!! Just a poor doo'er! Just wait till I get a few bits done on the 205 and i'll be at more trackdays than you sir
Old 13-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Phil,
Which is why you have an understanding of the "whole" picture .

I have utmost respect for wannado's that make the effort .

It doesn't matter though, as you realise that any event you are at, peeps will be hobbling your car so that you have to take pictures instead of going on track .
Old 13-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Phil
Jeebus

I definitely wouldn't advise any hobbyists running big-ish to take part in this sort of event unless you have money to burn! My car was perfect for two years, loads of fast runs on the road damn near upto the limiter in 5th, plenty of tune-ups, track sessions and fuelling checks etc.. One top speed run later and you are looking at a 5k+ rebuild!

Leave it to the pro's guys!
(The sort of people who will give their car to their tuner 2 weeks in advance and leave it with him to check EVERYTHING at whatever cost!)
Old 13-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Phil
I definitely wouldn't advise any hobbyists running big-ish to take part in this sort of event unless you have money to burn! My car was perfect for two years, loads of fast runs on the road damn near upto the limiter in 5th, plenty of tune-ups, track sessions and fuelling checks etc.. One top speed run later and you are looking at a 5k+ rebuild!

Leave it to the pro's guys!
(The sort of people who will give their car to their tuner 2 weeks in advance and leave it with him to check EVERYTHING at whatever cost!)
A man who realises what it takes to compete at the Highest level,
Rod
ps. I personally spent 600hrs preparing my car to attempt 200mph. Every one was necessary.
Old 13-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Jon(m600)

Would love the chance to do a daddy thrash so if it happens and there are any spare places let me know
Old 13-10-2004, 02:54 PM
ImaRacing 700
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So Rod...how many of those hours was shitting yourself?
Old 13-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Jon,
Add yourself to the TOTB IV list .
Old 13-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Jon(m600)

Will there be a qualifying type day mike or will it go on spec
Old 13-10-2004, 03:11 PM