General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PF Topspeed event

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see you still have a sense of humour.... See you at TOTB IV with Rod's car .
Old 12-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Mike sorry when Hell freezes first.

Mark
Old 12-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Don't bite your nose off to spite your face . This is the venue that is the ULTIMATE exposure for Rod's car and both you and him should know that . Plus I want his car in the team and he promised me for TOTB IV...
Old 12-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mike I always stand by what I say NO chance so dont even ask.

Mark
Old 12-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike its along way ahead till totb m8, anything could happen lol you should know that

Would be good though
Old 12-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

glad were all getting on so nice
Old 12-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

What about Rod standing by what he said .

Anyway, your loss if you want to be stupidly stubborn . Offer stands until the team is full .
Old 12-10-2004, 04:50 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by madevelopments
it costs me a min of 1k in lost time and earnings just to get Rods car ready for the 200mph run but all we get is grief from a couple of people
Mark,

Don't you think that's a little unjust?

1. It's your choice, and no-one's forcing you.

2. I'm sure the increased business that will come as a result more than makes up for it
Old 12-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Thats it... I quit. No more for me.

Everyone on here is far too up their own shit. It's not much of a community anymore is it?

A Passionford top speed day, for what?? How many of us have 600bhp cosworths? All us little people who can't plough thousands into our cars are basically ignored on this here forum. It's a right pain in the arse. I've posted countless topics on RST's and no bugger ever answers. You mention 600bhp and cossie and every bugger has their oar in. This has become a club for the elite, no offence to the big BHP boys, fair play and all that, but what about the rest of us? Do we just read about it, then have a look at the pics and say well done folks! Unfortunately I don't know anyone with magazine connections who can orginise timing gear for me and my other rich m8's to go and have a play at brunters. If you going to orginise a PF top speed day, it should be for ALL on passionford. Not just the celebrities.

Fuck it. I'm away to buy a fucking Pulsar.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RichardPON
it costs me a min of 1k in lost time and earnings just to get Rods car ready for the 200mph run but all we get is grief from a couple of people
Mark,

Don't you think that's a little unjust?

1. It's your choice, and no-one's forcing you.

2. I'm sure the increased business that will come as a result more than makes up for it
Richard You realy think there is a increase in business There is no diff for me it is a total waist of my time, Figs dont sell Bullshit does its a sad fact of life.

Mark
Old 12-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know he said it at the start of the post (about 50 times) but ginge was talking crap

If you have a "fun" day with loads of cars then you wont be able to time them all, setting up the equipment and downloading the data takes time, there from 9-6 and having 1 run each isnt my idea of fun...
A "fun" day with no timing gear, ie a trackday at brunters or whatever does sound a good crack tho.

If this top speed thing happens it needs to be decent spec cars only as ever, as waste of time otherwise, any more than say 15 cars timed at brunters and youl jus be sitting around all day doing nothing and no time to have any fun.

And nobodys stopping you going and having fun just cause its not a mega spec, theres trackdays around the UK almost every single day and 1/4mile RWYBs almost every weekend... You ever there? No.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:01 PM
ImaRacing 700
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mark i totally agree with the hatred thing.....i am hated because i speak the truth and have women dribbling over me..success brings haters....listen up..i even hooked old gay boy Mike up with a women...NOW thats a feat.....So dont worry about it...although it can be lonely at the top sometimes.

ROFL
Old 12-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Figs dont sell Bullshit does its a sad fact of life.
Exactly

Look all flashy and pro, spout off a load of unproven bollocks, and you got yourself a load of business as for some bizarre reason, people trust them to be telling the truth...

No other business in the world i can think of does so well on "claims" than car modifying...

Everyone knows 90% of normal garages are skanky ripoff coonts, so how come people think they totally truthful soon as they make your car faster as well as repair them?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:02 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Richard You realy think there is a increase in business There is no diff for me it is a total waist of my time, Figs dont sell Bullshit does its a sad fact of life.
Yes, I do think you'll see increased business. It wont be so obvious, but yes, I do think it does the image and reputation of the company no harm whatsoever.

Admittedly, it'll probably come from someone bullshitting that they heard about this Cossie that did 250mph, but never mind
Old 12-10-2004, 05:04 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Totally agree with Mark and Steve, talk is cheap and bullshit does walk.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:04 PM
ImaRacing 700
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Pon...the carreers advisor
Old 12-10-2004, 05:06 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Old 12-10-2004, 05:08 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Bosch Man
Pon...the carreers advisor
......says Phil, the Semi-retired internet gangsta
Old 12-10-2004, 05:10 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you stick a burger van at the end of the straight giving away free burgers i'll get there faster than any of you on foot......
Old 12-10-2004, 05:11 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Steve - sod the burger van, we have to be there to verify the timing gear. Remember our predictions at the last RST shootout? Spot on geeza.
You do the ET's and I'll do the terminals then we'll compare with the timing gear.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

hold the fucking phone here !

ok i read the post what rod was asking worng and for that im sorry

i read passionford top speed event, never thought rod was talking about a performance ford top speed event ( ok i sound a prick now, but easy mistake to make i think)

im not gonna ask to be in a magazine top speed event, im not fooking stupid

i thought he ment a fun day event as i thought thats what the topic was about

for that im very sory to rod as i never understood what he ment

if he was gonna arange a day for the site event then , but then thats what i was getting at as in all members on the site not the big boys who dont come on here yet get first refusal

so on that count I WAS WRONG !!!!!!!

still think that rod did come up with a fooking wicked idea though ( even if it was me taking it the wrong way )

im not a hater of rods car at all, i fooking love it, loved the hard work when i seen it and i never even knew what he was going for till i seen his unbliveable time here

so tbh now i get what he means i think i shpuld not have posted on here as i was mistaken what he ment and thats MY mistake

performance for thrash with the big power cossies all doing a shoot
thats a fooking great read and a good event to do that i wanna hear about

a group day for the passionford members is also a good idea but got fook all to do with this thread

rod im sorry mate as it seems its abit down to what i wrote that started all this

hopw theres no hard feelings as i made a mistake what ya ment

cheers

Ginger
Old 12-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

PS: mark how much cheeper
Old 12-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rab
Everyone on here is far too up their own shit. It's not much of a community anymore is it?
All us little people who can't plough thousands into our cars are basically ignored on this here forum. It's a right pain in the arse.It should be for ALL on passionford. Not just the celebrities.
I notice this happening more and more.This place is quickly become a victim of its own success

More of a chat room than anything else now....
Old 12-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

Anyway, your loss if you want to be stupidly stubborn . Offer stands until the team is full .
Sorry Mike, Dont need anymore shite from the people connected with this Forum. You are one of the few who understands what it takes/costs to compete at totb level & stand a chance of winning, just read back through this Topic & then imagine paying 5k or more of your own money to prepare a competitive car to represent people who think its fair game to call you every name under the son.
enough is enough & that point was reached last night . Pick a team of Talkers Mike they seem to win the battles .
Will now do everything just for me & hit those idiots where it hurts the most in the record book.
A very disolutioned Rod
Old 12-10-2004, 05:38 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Instead of all the bitching why not just have a few days out at brunters? 1 for Rods idea and the top cars, 1 for other cossies amd 1 for RST`s. Isnt that the problem solved?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MADRod
Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

Sorry Mike, Dont need anymore shite from the people connected with this Forum. You are one of the few who understands what it takes/costs to compete at totb level & stand a chance of winning, just read back through this Topic & then imagine paying 5k or more of your own money to prepare a competitive car to represent people who think its fair game to call you every name under the son.
enough is enough & that point was reached last night . Pick a team of Talkers Mike they seem to win the battles .
Will now do everything just for me & hit those idiots where it hurts the most in the record book.
A very disolutioned Rod
go to bed next time and call me in the morning roflol
Old 12-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Well, the jealous no-brainers ruin it again...
Old 12-10-2004, 06:02 PM
deleted
10K+ Poster!!

Location: learnin to build a yb lump properly in dennis's garage

did anyone actually read this post properly???

sounds like a lot of dumies aree bieng spat out?
Old 12-10-2004, 06:06 PM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

who is arguing with who in this post??

there seems to be an awful lot of sh:t flowing and people getting upset because ginge missunderstood what rod was suggesting?

the post should of been titled 'does anyone want to challenge me and beat 201mph?'

the erst top speed thrash that PF ford organised was top fooking class.. and also some of there other thrashes showed up some interesting things.... i.e. lower paper spec cars beating the 'better spec' ones.
that is a top speed event.

challenging rod to 200mph is a different story and does exclude 99% of the members on here.
why does everyone keep digging at karl on this most? there isnt one single NMS person involved in this yet there are countless and I mean countless digs at him or people involved in it.

this was supposed to quit ages ago but it hasnt.

eliteist? no its fooking dream world on here.

contenders to beat 200mph....
porkie?
martin?
ranj?
karl?
sean?
sunny?
and rod

out of them.. there's only Karl and porkie with cars available and everyone knows this... so was this just an open suggestion and underhanded challenge or another way of putting them down?

a top speed thrash for say limited numbers of the best 15 cars on the board would be nice? but your not going to get 200mph contenders turning up? and IMO it would be more interesting to see a nice selection of different cars running to see whats involved in goign how quick.

knowing this rod? does this make you not want to take part in an event where your only 'challenge' will be stage 3 or maybe 500bhp spec cars? whats your problem?

i agree with PONs (as usual)... don't give us sh:t about the costs etc... your pocket your money your spec even your fooking post and suggestion!! it will generate revenue ultimately. having proven cars and obviously satisfied customers does just that.

agree with what others have said about this now being a chat room.
i've not long bought my first turbo car and even the simple things about it and running noone is really interested.

it was sorted technical forum... now its great for an arguement, or if youre having life troubles and want some sympathy!! but as for sorting your cars and cheering people on to great things... fook it!!

those who cant win... either bitch or big up those who can. and those who can win in turn gloat... and turn the other half of the big uppers into bitchers, leaving only gloaters or bitchers!! nice loop!!
Old 12-10-2004, 06:11 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Originally Posted by M Brian
who is arguing with who in this post??

there seems to be an awful lot of sh:t flowing and people getting upset because ginge missunderstood what rod was suggesting?

the post should of been titled 'does anyone want to challenge me and beat 201mph?'

the erst top speed thrash that PF ford organised was top fooking class.. and also some of there other thrashes showed up some interesting things.... i.e. lower paper spec cars beating the 'better spec' ones.
that is a top speed event.

challenging rod to 200mph is a different story and does exclude 99% of the members on here.
why does everyone keep digging at karl on this most? there isnt one single NMS person involved in this yet there are countless and I mean countless digs at him or people involved in it.

this was supposed to quit ages ago but it hasnt.

eliteist? no its fooking dream world on here.

contenders to beat 200mph....
porkie?
martin?
ranj?
karl?
sean?
sunny?
and rod

out of them.. there's only Karl and porkie with cars available and everyone knows this... so was this just an open suggestion and underhanded challenge or another way of putting them down?

a top speed thrash for say limited numbers of the best 15 cars on the board would be nice? but your not going to get 200mph contenders turning up? and IMO it would be more interesting to see a nice selection of different cars running to see whats involved in goign how quick.

knowing this rod? does this make you not want to take part in an event where your only 'challenge' will be stage 3 or maybe 500bhp spec cars? whats your problem?

i agree with PONs (as usual)... don't give us sh:t about the costs etc... your pocket your money your spec even your fooking post and suggestion!! it will generate revenue ultimately. having proven cars and obviously satisfied customers does just that.

agree with what others have said about this now being a chat room.
i've not long bought my first turbo car and even the simple things about it and running noone is really interested.

it was sorted technical forum... now its great for an arguement, or if youre having life troubles and want some sympathy!! but as for sorting your cars and cheering people on to great things... fook it!!

those who cant win... either bitch or big up those who can. and those who can win in turn gloat... and turn the other half of the big uppers into bitchers, leaving only gloaters or bitchers!! nice loop!!
Well said Melv

Must agree that the site has gone a little downhill of late with all the bitching and such like.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:11 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

www.passionferrari.com coming soon
Old 12-10-2004, 06:12 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Old 12-10-2004, 06:13 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

fookin shity shonky fords
Old 12-10-2004, 06:17 PM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RANJ
fookin shity shonky fords
tooo fooking right!!
Old 12-10-2004, 06:17 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 105 Likes on 97 Posts

top speed

just like this post
Old 12-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Do bufty gays argue this much about who has the shiniest undercarriage or the most polished pipe and we say there obsessive
Old 12-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Rob M666SCC
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Kev.H
Do bufty gays argue this much about who has the shiniest undercarriage or the most polished pipe and we say there obsessive
Old 12-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Switch

Originally Posted by Kev.H
There ya go.. Lets have a top speed/fun day for Bufties only , dont know if i could make it though cause of the cost of preparing my car for such an event would cost thousands in polish and cloths etc
Old 12-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Switch

I reckon a Brunters thrash with a mix of Passionford cars would be cool, everything from stg 1 up to Rods car. This would give peeps ideas of what performance different specs can do and be good fun for all involved

Quick Reply: PF Topspeed event