General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

another new car thread...bit of advice please

Search this Thread

Old 18-09-2007, 08:02 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another new car thread...bit of advice please

hi all,

I want to ask people's advice on buying a new car. When I say new I mean second hand. I'm looking to buy a ford focus (1st gen 1998-2004) but i'm in a bit of a dilemma as how to go about looking to buy one.

I've been on pistonheads mostly and the ffoc but was wanting some advice from others who've done the whole buying modded and stuff before. I was wondering on whether it would be best buying modded or un-modded and do the modifying myself and also whether to look for slightly modded cars or just look for solid bases to base the mods on. I'm looking for a 1.8 or 2.0 zetec focus. I liked the 1.8 zetec collection as it looks quite neat but wouldnt mind a 2.0 either if it looked good or had a decent price. Can't stretch to an ST170 as insurance won't allow it but a 1.8 or 2.0 I can insure.

I'm also looking for the best value option in whether its worth buying standard and forking out money for all the mods?

Any help is much appreciated. thanks!!
Old 19-09-2007, 12:04 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone???
Old 19-09-2007, 12:11 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Depends on your budget for one. If you can buy a tidy well modified version then go for that as it should work out cheaper in the long run. Depends how much you like the mods done and whether you would change anything and end up spending more money than if you bought a standard version and modded that.

A good solid base car is always a must first off.
Everything else is a bonus if it's what you're after.