General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What are we going to do about the errors on here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Doh
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

having been in the hosting business for years i can only say you get what you pay for... these sites offering massive bandwidth for cheap money are usualy full of B.S. a proper server with real bandwidth allocation(the sort pf needs i estimate) can run well into 5 figures..

do all those £20 (not that i agree with them) add upto that? if not theres your answer
Old 04-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: What are we going to do about the errors on here?

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Originally Posted by rapidcossie
Since nothing seems to be getting done about it from an admin side of things, I will ask a question.
Presumably then, when i told you in a topic some time ago that plans were in place to rectify the problem, you have decided i am a liar?
that seems a little harsh Stu!

He did say "seems" as there is nothing obvious to be seen.

Hope you had a great day btw
Maybe, but we have explained why nothing is being done right now, and i dont see why people cant accept that. Not that i particularly care anymore, well only in as much as it was me personally who said it "IS IN HAND" and now theres a topic revolving around the fact that people think its not, which i take as reflecting on my original statement.

More importantly, the day was absolutely amazing mate, best day of my life, really sad we cant do it every month. Thanks for asking pal.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Doh
having been in the hosting business for years i can only say you get what you pay for... these sites offering massive bandwidth for cheap money are usualy full of B.S. a proper server with real bandwidth allocation(the sort pf needs i estimate) can run well into 5 figures..

do all those £20 (not that i agree with them) add upto that? if not theres your answer

Certainly a valid point, advertised amounts and actually seeing that much transfer and having the hardware to back up the calculations and processing involved to generate that much traffic off a forum is a totally different thing.

500bg transferred through a webserver dishing up picutres, doesnt mean a lot of processing, 500bg transferred when its all come from pages built on the fly from a database does.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Chip

More importantly, the day was absolutely amazing mate, best day of my life, really sad we cant do it every month. Thanks for asking pal.

Mate, if you are worried about things you say being taken the wrong way, I wouldnt advise posting on a forum your wife uses saying you would like to get married to someone next month as well
Old 04-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door

Mate, if you are worried about things you say being taken the wrong way, I wouldnt advise posting on a forum your wife uses saying you would like to get married to someone next month as well
ROFLOL. A very valid point indeed.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Reading this back, i appologise to Euan as its been longer than i remembered since we discussed this on another topic, but rest assured Pet will sort it when his family are all well and the baby out of danger.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Chip

Fair play Stu, and im sure that NO ONE wants Pet to prioritise things any different at the moment, its just a shame he is so reluctant to let anyone else help out.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Since nothing seems to be getting done about it from an admin side of things, I will ask a question.
Presumably then, when i told you in a topic some time ago that plans were in place to rectify the problem, you have decided i am a liar?
i think its a perfectly reasonable question to ask since you admit yourself that plans where in place some time ago. how long does it take to implement these plans?
Old 04-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by fuzzy
i think its a perfectly reasonable question to ask since you admit yourself that plans where in place some time ago. how long does it take to implement these plans?
Quite some time.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Chip

Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stu @ M Developments
so will you be coming back to the admin side of things stu or is that ypou out for good & got nithing more to do with the running of this site??

PS i havent been on here for a wee bit so im not sure

anyway glad you had a good day on yer wedding