General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ken Bigley..........

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ken Bigley..........

Just said on Radio 1, that they have shown pictures on tv of Ken Bigley in a cage

What the fook are they gonna do to that poor fella
Old 29-09-2004, 02:44 PM
K3V HA
PassionFord Post Troll

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...229873,00.html

Poor Bloke
Old 29-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Not nice pictures he looks terrified
Old 29-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Muska
Advanced PassionFord User

how can another human do that to someone... if i was him id be trying to end it myslf. cant see how you can hold out any hope at all, and the thought of what could happen... harrowing.
Old 29-09-2004, 03:08 PM
James Raby
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry to say but does the wall/cage on the right look VERY photoshopped or fake - look at the wall lines???

Really hope he gets out of this terrible mess, war sucks big time
Old 29-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Old 29-09-2004, 03:17 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

Poor bloke... Feel really sorry for him.

Still, blair is doing all he can to sort things out for him... Yeh, sure he is... Not. Useless jug eared, over-paid prick.

Trending Topics

Old 29-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by cossiestu
Still, blair is doing all he can to sort things out for him... Yeh, sure he is... Not. Useless jug eared, over-paid prick.

He's in a difficult position though i think..imo
Old 29-09-2004, 03:35 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticker Paul

He's in a difficult position though i think..imo
Yeh, i guess... My heart bleeds for him. Different story if it was one of his family that was kidnapped...
Old 29-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Chrissy_bwoy

bad situation, feel sorry for all those involved

i agree with james on the wall thing, summit dont look right
Old 29-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Different story if it was one of his family that was kidnapped...
TRUE
Old 29-09-2004, 05:42 PM
K3V HA
PassionFord Post Troll

Just seen the full video on the news, poor bloke broke down asking for tonys help! Put a lump in my throat.
Old 29-09-2004, 06:27 PM
JBcos
PassionFord Post Troll

trouble is people that go out there to help get the country back on its feet know how dangerous it is and know this is a risk they are taking. I would imagine a rather good wage is paid to intice people to work there. Once a government negotiates you know that everyone that moves will be taken hostage. Government in a bad possition but personally i think civies shouldnt be in the country. Dunno if people who work there sign some sort of government form that basically states they are on their own if the shit hits the fan.
Terrible thing this blokes going through and i bet he's one of 100 or more.
Old 29-09-2004, 07:04 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok ,i think you need to look at this from another angle,The guy is still alive!!!!
He has outlived most of the other captives since they started kidnaping normal everyday people,please dont think for one minute that i would wish that ordeal on anyone! But the guy is alive for this i think we all have to be thankful because at this point there is still hope for that poor man and his family......
Old 29-09-2004, 07:04 PM
rs_daz
PassionFord Post Troll

seen sumat on the news about Ł700 a day for sum jobs out there.but poor bloke he must wake up each day wondering wots gonna happen to me today hope he gets out!
Old 29-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by fordkid
seen sumat on the news about Ł700 a day for sum jobs out there.but poor bloke he must wake up each day wondering wots gonna happen to me today hope he gets out!
Hes "apparently" Ive been informed on $20K A MONTH . Hes been out there 3 times now, just after the war. So all this bollocks about him helping the country infrastructure is cobblers. Hes after the money! Pure and Simple! Would you put your family through it? Him and his colleagues were stupid though, they had security then one day they stopped turning up. If that had been me Id have left the country the SAME HOUR. Someone was clearly paying them to NOT turn up. Why would anyone do that! And why the fuck didnt they have weapons at their house. Even a machine gun under your pillow is going to help a bit!

Anyhow, Im not convinced he'll be killed. These people HATE the YANKS. I genuinely think his British Passport is keeping him alive at the moment. Blair CANNOT negociate. Doesnt mean the SAS arent looking for him though
Old 29-09-2004, 09:29 PM
FastFordChris

[quote="Rich_w"]
Originally Posted by fordkid
. Doesnt mean the SAS arent looking for him though

very true i'm willing to bet the SAS are out there lookin for him now, just cos its not plastered all over the news like it would be if it was US special forces. thats probably one of the reasons y tony blair hasnt said anything about the situation cos he knows that our boys r over there lookin for him and if they didnt have anything that led them to think that he has a good chance of bein found, surely u would hear more from the primeminister.

i got a feelin its a matter of time before we have reports that the SAS r kickin some ass and bringing the bloke home
Old 30-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by FastFordChris

i got a feelin its a matter of time before we have reports that the SAS r kickin some ass and bringing the bloke home
Lets hope so
Old 30-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Sid_RST
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I agree with Rich, its only the fact that hes British is keeping him alive. And I put that down to the HUGE anti war demonstrations shown by the British public, I think the 2nd demo was toping near 1million people, added to the fact that British muslim scholars, Yassar Arafat, Cat Stevens (Yusef Islam) and other prominent muslims have all apealed for his release.

If you think about the fact that the two Americans were killed within 24 odd hours, shows that there is some hope for the old fella.

IMO this war shoud never have been waged, Iraq was not even capable of posing a threat to Israel (bar a few dodgy scud missiles, and to which Israel could have wiped Iraq off the map in retaliation - remember Israel has lost ground in wars being attacked from all sides, fought back, repelled the Arabs AND gained land) - so how Iraq was a threat to us or the USA is beyond me.

How we resolve this fluffed up situation is anyones guess, to be honest, things are going to get alot worse....
Old 30-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whilst I sympathise strongly with Ken Bigley and his family, I actually think he wont be killed.

I can see sense in suggestions that the photo has been tampered with, perhaps to make his 'cage' look more confined than it actually is.

In actual fact, I don't believe that they are keeping him in a cage. I think he was put in there to make a 'heartfelt' appeal with maximum impact.

I know that they killed the other two, but if they wanted to kill him, they would have by now. He is their only bargaining tool and is worth more to them alive than dead.

I mean, why do they keep releasing these clips of him pleading for his life?? Its because they are clutching at straws. I think they thought that we would give up easier than this and now they don't really know which way to run.