General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

TOTB UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 31-07-2007, 12:15 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Originally Posted by Redkop
REPEATED FOR LYNNE AS IT SEEMS SHE MISSED IT AS IM SURE SHE IS INTERESTED IN MY ANSWERS OR SHE WOULDNT HAVE ASKED THE QUESTIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE
(or is she still trying to find someone with a science gcse to explain the basic stuff like i suggested she did, as that cant be easy to do in liverpool )
TBH I am not remotely interested in your replies regarding anything, I find most of them exceedingly irreverent! I asked you a question, you replied... end of
Its not normally the end, you cant normally just take the truth so normally try and argue against it

Why are you insulting Scousers?
Scousers are one of the groups of people you need a good reason not to insult as opposed to a reason to insult

I don't live anywhere near Liverpool you fool.....
Fascinating stuff, me neither
LOL @ Chippers replies.

Lynne - your always right about everything mate. Chip just agree its much easier.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the evo .vs. scooby argument - theres a very simple technical reason to remember...

The early scoobys are very light - getting them down to around 1000kg is very easy.

There's no seperate transfer box on them either - it's internal within the gearbox.
Old 31-07-2007, 05:13 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Will 85
In the evo .vs. scooby argument - theres a very simple technical reason to remember...

The early scoobys are very light - getting them down to around 1000kg is very easy.

There's no seperate transfer box on them either - it's internal within the gearbox.
early Evo's arent exactly that heavy either ? I imagine it would be as easy to remove weight from one, as the other, although a target of 1000kgs wouldnt be that easy in either.

And what difference does a seperate transfer box make ?
Old 31-07-2007, 07:13 PM
RS500
Advanced PassionFord User

I think most of the evo owners think they have a better car because in japan they win most of the time attack events and in the us the they set fast et's on the dragstrip and in the time attack events.
Old 31-07-2007, 07:39 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you read the reply on the MLR l can kind of understand why the area was fenced of to be honest,

Mike
Old 31-07-2007, 07:52 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by RS500
I think most of the evo owners think they have a better car because in japan they win most of the time attack events and in the us the they set fast et's on the dragstrip and in the time attack events.
And when Gadiel's Peurto Rico built Subaru comes to the US, to have a showdown with the AMS Evo....well, lets just say the Evo got its ass kicked.

Evo's can often go faster, because their owners more often seem to have more money....shows money doesnt buy taste

lol
Old 31-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

[quote="Redkop"]

Scousers are one of the groups of people you need a good reason not to insult as opposed to a reason to insult
Really? OK whatever

:

It's true!
Old 31-07-2007, 09:27 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, to summarise after all your dummy spitting etc, you have NO argument against the fact that this years results prove categorically that its wrong for people to act like Evo's are so superior to Scooby's then in terms of the potential to build an awesome car from each?

Cool, at least we all agree then
easiest win youve ever had
Old 31-07-2007, 09:43 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stavros
Originally Posted by marco polo
11.97 was the fastest vauxhall

I dont have the handling times for the nova yet

yes with a nissan engine in it
what? All the Vauxhalls had Vauxhall engines in em? C20LETs...

yo steve

i must be going mad so, someone told me that there was a red corsa with a pulsar engine in it
Old 31-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Fast Guy

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It'll have been the micra,an SR20DET, but not the pulsar version as far as I'm aware.
Old 31-07-2007, 11:41 PM
johnfelstead
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Big Will 85

Maybe you should teach me how, because i havnt found that to be the case. The lightest stock GC8 Impreza was the early RA, and that weighs 1220Kg, hardly a super lightweight to start from.

It still has the same number of diffs and still requires a transfer casing and drop gears, it's just well engineered and has the engine and gearbox in the proper orientation fore aft, rather than transverse, so the transfer assembly and centre diff is tagged onto the back of the box. Thats why it was posible to change the centre diff and dropgears on the Zen car without the need to remove the gearbox from the car, proper engineering being used in a practical motorsport environment.

The main benefit of a scoob IMHO is the fact the weight is so low in the front and it uses a longetudenal engine/gearbox arangement, with a lightweight flat four engine keeping the centre of gravity low, whilst also having a small polar moment of inertia. Now the Scoob tuners have worked out how to make the engines produce decent power, everyone else is going to have to work harder to beat them, which is nice.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Micky

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not being a major fan of either Evo' or Scooby's myself,but if I was in the market to buy a quick Jap turbocharged 4X4 car,it would be a Scooby,because at the end of the day a Scooby did win,so showing the cars true tuning potential.People can talk all they like,but at the end of the day facts show which is quicker.

PS on a side note to facts,thats one of the reasons I enjoy reading results of TOTB/Track Attack/Top Speed runs etc,facts are recorded in stone,unlike pub talk/internet arguments which are based on a persons favourite car bias and exaggerated claims!! Regards,Micky
Old 01-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by johnfelstead
The main benefit of a scoob IMHO is the fact the weight is so low in the front and it uses a longetudenal engine/gearbox arangement, with a lightweight flat four engine keeping the centre of gravity low, whilst also having a small polar moment of inertia. Now the Scoob tuners have worked out how to make the engines produce decent power, everyone else is going to have to work harder to beat them, which is nice.
Yep, the fundamental layout has always made total sense to me, distinct advantage over a "everything up the front" layout like a calibra turbo or mitsibushi evo etc