General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

TOTB UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 30-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell what was another awesome awesome scooby, the Tein/Autosportif one in Time Attack at Knockhill.

Active diffs n allsorts

And it had an ultra cool driver too, Jimmy McRae!

Seeing an old man with a big beard peddle that car so fast was awesome, I asked him if he was enjoying himself, its safe to say he was
Old 30-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by o n i o n
Oh and saw a mint black saph on RS seven spokes on the way out, Fookin lush, So if you are on here, awesome!!

Probs be mine

Had a good day yesterday, was nice to see some familiar faces and also to meet some new faces

Old 30-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its usually only evo owners that think that isnt it
this weekend hasnt been to bad for the scoobs.1,2 and 3 in time attack and not to bad at totb lol
Old 30-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
That scooby is awesome, I still cant get my head around the way people view Evo's as so superior to scooby's when clearly they arent really.
If that's the case... why have the Evos beaten the Scoobs for the previous two years at TOTB? One Scoob does well at TOTB and you say you can't get your head round why people think Evos are so superior... pmsl Stick to what you know best Chip..... Vauxhalls

Have you forgotten about the other TeamICE scoob from Norway that RCMS prepared costing over a 100 grand that was at TOTB a few years back.... that didn't win, even with it's full complement of about 6 mechs tweaking different things and icepacking it all day.
Old 30-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[quote="RedkopOne Scoob does well at TOTB and you say you can't get your head round why people think Evos are so superior....[/quote]

who won the team event? takes more than one car.and how time attack they alo don not to bad at with a 123
Old 30-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Spanishfly
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

@ Chips time ticker!

Was an awesome day, which for me, could of went so badly (Burst water hose as I waited for the handling course.
Old 30-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Redkop
That scooby is awesome, I still cant get my head around the way people view Evo's as so superior to scooby's when clearly they arent really.
If that's the case... why have the Evos beaten the Scoobs for the previous two years at TOTB?
Because they have more people doing the right things with them I would imagine, as clearly its not cause it cant be done with a scooby, evidently it can!

One Scoob does well at TOTB and you say you can't get your head round why people think Evos are so superior... pmsl Stick to what you know best Chip..... Vauxhalls
Not just cause of that, but it does only actually take 1 scooby doing well to prove that the vehicle has potential, just like only 1 golf kicked the arse of all the vauxhalls there, but I can still see from that 1 car that therefore golfs have the potential to do such a thing if others were to modify their's in a similar manner.

Find someone with a science gcse of some type lynee and ask them to explain to you that if a theory can be proved wrong in one instance, that the theory is therefore proved incorrect, and the theory from a lot of people is that "scoobies dont have the potential to do exceptionally well at events like this", evidently that theory is wrong!

Have you forgotten about the other TeamICE scoob from Norway that RCMS prepared costing over a 100 grand that was at TOTB a few years back.... that didn't win, even with it's full complement of about 6 mechs tweaking different things and icepacking it all day.
No I havent forgotten it, and indeed it didnt win, but IMHO it did also prove the potential is there IMHO as it did well, likewise Andy F has always done a good job of flying the scooby flag without ever actually winning TOTB outright.
Old 30-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Subaru vs Evo thing, IMO neither is better enough to say they better cars, too close for that.

And getting het up about gay arguments like that is lame anyhow, both good cars, but the Scoobys did better this TOTB (RCMS won overall, subaru won the team event, and they was good all round), Evo did better at the last one.
Old 30-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I read some where that the HKS 2.2 Stroker kits handle up to 700bhp
Old 30-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Stavros
Subaru vs Evo thing, IMO neither is better enough to say they better cars, too close for that.

And getting het up about gay arguments like that is lame anyhow, both good cars, but the Scoobys did better this TOTB (RCMS won overall, subaru won the team event, and they was good all round), Evo did better at the last one.
Exactly my own opinion, that both have massive potential, and neither one particuarly more so than the other.

Hence my comment, that I cant understand people who think the Evo is somehow massively superior as a base to build a very high performance car for these sort of events from.

I wasnt argueing the counter claim that scooby's are massively better, as I dont believe that either.
Old 30-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Tell what was another awesome awesome scooby, the Tein/Autosportif one in Time Attack at Knockhill.

Active diffs n allsorts

Seeing an old man with a big beard peddle that car so fast was awesome, I asked him if he was enjoying himself, its safe to say he was
Old 30-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Alg1k
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shings

Rainbird had commented that on the Handling course Daz was seen doing a reliant robin impression...

Jake
Mike came over and said
I thought it was going over
Funny i never knew it lifted its wheels that high of the floor
The video shocked me
Old 30-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Chip

Gutted that I didnt manage to see alg1k on the handling, and also didnt get round to saying hi, I seem to keep missing you somehow mate!
Old 30-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Alg1k
PassionFord Post Troll

Gutted that I didnt manage to see alg1k on the handling, and also didnt get round to saying hi, I seem to keep missing you somehow mate!
Yeah i wondered where you were
Kept asking people if they had seen you .
Next time .
Old 30-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by RobL
Originally Posted by Daviet
11.97? they sounded much quicker than they were then
and was ther only one vuaxhall on the handling??
How the hell does a FWD car ever manage to sound quicker than 11.97 on concrete?

As far as im aware thats less than a 1/3rd of a second slower than the quickest time ever run at elvington on road legal FWD tyres, so I fail to see how it could sound like it was quicker than it was?
yeah but was anyone there genuinely interested in fwd vauxhall? apart from the vauxhall lads of course i know i wouldnt be,in fact when the vauxhalls take to the strip thatd be the cue to go get some snapping or go for a slash lol
I was mate and whenever they ran I was straight over there! The red Vaxuhaull with the Black wings was my favourite car throughout the whole event!
Old 30-07-2007, 05:46 PM
MancDave
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Location: Salford I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

Originally Posted by Benni
Originally Posted by RobL
Originally Posted by Daviet
11.97? they sounded much quicker than they were then
and was ther only one vuaxhall on the handling??
How the hell does a FWD car ever manage to sound quicker than 11.97 on concrete?

As far as im aware thats less than a 1/3rd of a second slower than the quickest time ever run at elvington on road legal FWD tyres, so I fail to see how it could sound like it was quicker than it was?
yeah but was anyone there genuinely interested in fwd vauxhall? apart from the vauxhall lads of course i know i wouldnt be,in fact when the vauxhalls take to the strip thatd be the cue to go get some snapping or go for a slash lol
I was mate and whenever they ran I was straight over there! The red Vaxuhaull with the Black wings was my favourite car throughout the whole event!
You obviously meant the one that was sucking up the whole event of air when changing gear god that sound was top notch wasn.t it Benni!!

That sound was unique to the event never heard a car sound like that nevermind a vauxuall corsa
Old 30-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I was holding my sunglasses on as it went past! Was the best sound I have ever heard! What forums/Clubs is he a member of Chip?
Old 30-07-2007, 06:07 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So no one got banned from the steer inn for digging big holes to hide things with a big yellow digging impliment?

Looked a good day, Ive not been to TOTB since TOTB II, was a great weekend..., might need to try and make next year!

Oh, any more pics of the totty? perticularly the one on the bike thats meant to have a sapph in the pic (cant see no sapph tho?)
Old 30-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the Evo guys must think themselves superior. They fenced off their own pit area so noone could go in, and it was a substantial area. They also had a big club stand, where most other clubs got told on the morning that their own had been cancelled due to lack of space.

I was more interested in the FWD class than in the others really as other than stevie's granada, they were mainly massive budget cars built by tuners etc.
I was interested in the 2 Gtirs myself. Both definately not big budget and the ivory one was more a last minute space filler. As for the red Gtir, I bet not many other cars can pull 10sec 1/4s with around 450bhp (1.8bar on a 3071)

The white mk1 looked great on the handling circuit, wasnt actually running very good times when I saw him, but was a real crowd pleaser going sideways everywhere
As can be seen in my video. (apologies about the poor quality)
Old 30-07-2007, 06:23 PM
johnfelstead
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Jimmy hasn't got a beard. You were probably talking to the owner of Autosportif, Martyn Spurrell who was there with the car.

This is Jimmy, multiple British Rally champion, Colin and Alister's dad, a brilliant driver.

Old 30-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Alg1k

Rainbird had commented that on the Handling course Daz was seen doing a reliant robin impression...

Jake
Mike came over and said
The video shocked me
Wheres the vid?
Old 30-07-2007, 06:46 PM
johnfelstead
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

If that's the case... why have the Evos beaten the Scoobs for the previous two years at TOTB? One Scoob does well at TOTB and you say you can't get your head round why people think Evos are so superior... pmsl Stick to what you know best Chip..... Vauxhalls
Thats a little unfair Lynn. Last year the Subaru team lost to the MLR by just one point, so it was very close. This year the Subaru team were convincing winners and it was most certainly a Team win.

Fastest 1/4 Mile and winner of the AWD drag final was Andy Forrest
second fastest 1/4 mile was Olly Clark
fourth fastest 1/4 mile was Paul Blamire (running on 3.5 cylinders with half my standard road car gearbox in it as his own destroyed the diff drop gears the day before at Time Attack, which the car won with my gearbox bits in there too.)
Fastest handling time Olly Clark
2nd fastest handling time John Stevenson

We had plenty of other cars scoring points in all the displines too, Steven Darley put together a superb team this year and there was a huge effort to get all these cars to the event, especially when we had a lot of them competing at Time Attack at Knockhill the day before.

You have to give props to everyone who attended and was part of a team at this years TOTB, it was a great event. All the people who did TA and TOTB deserve a medal too, it was bloody hard work getting the cars to both events, with the knockhill event not finishing till very late in the evening and then having a through the night drive down, even if you didnt have to fix a smashed car like the RC guys did (top job by the way! )

It's taken us a while, but the Subaru Team is now a brilliant alround group of people with a first class Team spirit.
Old 30-07-2007, 06:54 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

11.97 was the fastest vauxhall

I dont have the handling times for the nova yet

yes with a nissan engine in it
Old 30-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

LOL at the beard thing, it was a long day, i spoke to them both now i look at that, what a spacca
Old 30-07-2007, 07:33 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by marco polo

did I miss something there ?

The Tigra has a Calibra Turbo engine
Old 30-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

what? All the Vauxhalls had Vauxhall engines in em? C20LETs...
Old 30-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

i didnt realise so many off here where there. i only found 7 i think but that was very nice anyway

as for the cars,awesome motors there.it did seem to me there were alot of big players missing this time but their boots were filled by worthy cars

have to say im not a vauxhall fan and never have been but i respect anything that is fast and that corsa was mental ,and even though it was fuck ugly the micra with the sr20 in it was a pukka little beast makes a change to see home made (cheap)shitters going like stint.like the old days.

shame a few of the cars had issues but when being beasted all day long its gonna happen

tbh its a bloody long drive for some of us(i did 3 1/2 hours from essex)but i will still be going next year,they do need more veiwing space though or grandstands.
Old 30-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Alg1k
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Alg1k

Jake
Mike came over and said
The video shocked me
Wheres the vid?
Lee has it going to post it as soon as he can
Old 30-07-2007, 08:30 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

The old dolly and beam looked spot on all day
Old 30-07-2007, 11:52 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by CaftDunt
Originally Posted by Nash
Originally Posted by mrjenrst

No mate defo 1.25 miles this year.

That granada twin turbo of stephen ross was fookin amazing.

Does anyone know what engine it has in it?

A wicked day out
V8 twin turbo my favorite car from any TOTB
Close but no cigar... It's a V8 with a vortec supercharger
The top speed, was indeed a standing mile, same as last year.

Joel won that with 203.9, but has done circa 216mph over 1.5 miles.

Joel won the drag shootouts, but not the overall event.

Olly Clark won the overall event on points. He scored points in all 3 disciplines too. But then, having millions ŁŁ behind you does help. But it is an awesome car.

Just glad to see the MLR get stuff by team Subaru though
Old 31-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Originally Posted by Fast Guy
They fenced off their own pit area so noone could go in
Yes, the MLR fenced off the pit area to allow the teams some privacy to work in - didn't stop people coming in though as i found a young lad smoking 2 foot away from me while i was working with an open fuel system!
Old 31-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Spanishfly

Err... Nope, all Vauxhall engines...
Old 31-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Spanishfly

what? All the Vauxhalls had Vauxhall engines in em? C20LETs...
Almost all, my nova has a C20XE, no turbo on that. Although everyone was looking for one lol
Old 31-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Benni
I was holding my sunglasses on as it went past! Was the best sound I have ever heard! What forums/Clubs is he a member of Chip?

Everyone on the team uses (although some more often than others) www.vauxsport.com as thats which team it was.
Old 31-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Chip

REPEATED FOR LYNNE AS IT SEEMS SHE MISSED IT AS IM SURE SHE IS INTERESTED IN MY ANSWERS OR SHE WOULDNT HAVE ASKED THE QUESTIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE
(or is she still trying to find someone with a science gcse to explain the basic stuff like i suggested she did, as that cant be easy to do in liverpool )

If that's the case... why have the Evos beaten the Scoobs for the previous two years at TOTB?
Because they have more people doing the right things with them I would imagine, as clearly its not cause it cant be done with a scooby, evidently it can!

One Scoob does well at TOTB and you say you can't get your head round why people think Evos are so superior... pmsl Stick to what you know best Chip..... Vauxhalls
Not just cause of that, but it does only actually take 1 scooby doing well to prove that the vehicle has potential, just like only 1 golf kicked the arse of all the vauxhalls there, but I can still see from that 1 car that therefore golfs have the potential to do such a thing if others were to modify their's in a similar manner.

Find someone with a science gcse of some type lynee and ask them to explain to you that if a theory can be proved wrong in one instance, that the theory is therefore proved incorrect, and the theory from a lot of people is that "scoobies dont have the potential to do exceptionally well at events like this", evidently that theory is wrong!

No I havent forgotten it, and indeed it didnt win, but IMHO it did also prove the potential is there IMHO as it did well, likewise Andy F has always done a good job of flying the scooby flag without ever actually winning TOTB outright.
Old 31-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Redkop

REPEATED FOR LYNNE AS IT SEEMS SHE MISSED IT AS IM SURE SHE IS INTERESTED IN MY ANSWERS OR SHE WOULDNT HAVE ASKED THE QUESTIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE
(or is she still trying to find someone with a science gcse to explain the basic stuff like i suggested she did, as that cant be easy to do in liverpool )
TBH I am not remotely interested in your replies regarding anything, I find most of them exceedingly irreverent! I asked you a question, you replied... end of

Why are you insulting Scousers? I don't live anywhere near Liverpool you fool.....

Old 31-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Chip

TBH I am not remotely interested in your replies regarding anything, I find most of them exceedingly irreverent! I asked you a question, you replied... end of
Its not normally the end, you cant normally just take the truth so normally try and argue against it

Why are you insulting Scousers?
Scousers are one of the groups of people you need a good reason not to insult as opposed to a reason to insult

I don't live anywhere near Liverpool you fool.....
Fascinating stuff, me neither
Old 31-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Redkop

Its not normally the end, you cant normally just take the truth so normally try and argue against it
You expect me to believe what you always say is the 'truth'? ROFL that's quality

This time it is an end - so you'll have to accept that... so get over it.

Scousers are one of the groups of people you need a good reason not to insult as opposed to a reason to insult
Really? OK whatever

Fascinating stuff, me neither
I bet a lot of people are quite glad that you don't

Have a nice day and ciao for now
Old 31-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Chip

So, to summarise after all your dummy spitting etc, you have NO argument against the fact that this years results prove categorically that its wrong for people to act like Evo's are so superior to Scooby's then in terms of the potential to build an awesome car from each?

Cool, at least we all agree then

Quick Reply: TOTB UPDATE