General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Builders and neighbours - AAAARRRGGHHH

Search this Thread

Old 25-07-2007, 09:37 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Builders and neighbours - AAAARRRGGHHH

I,m having some decking built along with a driveway, fences and walls.

Get home from work yesterday, and the bricky has built the wall six inches back from the kurb so it leaves a mess in front and doesn't line up with the other walls in the street

So, he was rebuilding it today in the proper place

Get home tonight and for no reason he has left a three inch gap between are wall and the next door neighbours wall

So they are pissed off, and have to sort something.

Then, the neighbour the other side has now said he is not happy because the hight of the new fence is 6 feet and not 6'4" and he can see into his garden from the street

It will cost 200 - 300 to put it right unless i take all the feather board back off and fit it 4" higher and fit kick boards, BUT, he has already said he ain't keen on on that

I am doing my best to keep friendly, but loosing my rag and think the fence issue is the one to make me snap

To top it off, the batton on the rear - his side, are shit and I don't reckon they will stand another lot of work on them

aaaaarrrghh, should have left the housing looking a shit hole
Old 26-07-2007, 12:03 PM
mark_h
Ford Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

put a trellis on the fence and stick some climbing plants on it
Old 26-07-2007, 12:09 PM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its your fence then tell him to go screw! if he wants them higher, then ask him to produce the funds to do it! if you are happy about the fence then he cant do much... i know its hard to keep friendly, but you cant always bend over to each request that your neighbour makes...
Old 26-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fukin neighbours eh?

We lost our fence in the storms on Hogmanay. I went to my neighbour to see about her chipping in with some cash for a replacement. She said that since the fence was mine she was unwilling to contribute. I never knew the fence was solely mine as I hadn't long moved in, but had the shoe been on the other foot I would have helped out as we both get benefit from it.

So anyway I stripped out all the old fence and dug out all the old posts and put up a brand new 8ft high fence. Put the posts and battons on her side (fuck her) and wood stained the full lot. Fence looks shit hot, much better than the old one. Thing had only been up a matter of days and the cow appears saying she doesn't like it and would have prefered it treated with a lighter brown, told her to fuck off. Any opinions/contributions she had were null and void the minute she said that it was my fence and that I should pay for it. Thing is, I've got plenty wood left over and am now going to fence in my front garden as well, although only 3ft high it will be same style and colour.

In short mate, if you're paying for it - fuck yer neighbours.

SMG