General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Postal Strike

Search this Thread

Old 28-06-2007, 09:49 AM
saffsta
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Postal Strike

Any Postman on here going on strike tomorrow?

What are your views on all this between Royal Mail and the CWU?

Any input?
Old 28-06-2007, 09:55 AM
scottbrown

you want input...

posties wont like mine...

you have had it too easy for many years compared to the private sector, now the market has been opened up and RM are having to compete your costs are far too high...

What most posties dont seem to realise is that if you do not change you will not have jobs, the tax payer should not bail out RM anymore due to over spending etc...

By striking you are handing more work to the private companies as big businesses need to send/receive post everyday. So in theory by striking posties are signing their own redunduncy notice.
Old 28-06-2007, 10:42 AM
turbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

there is a simple solution, royal mail should return to the approach they agreed in 2006 they CAN afford to pay for chage. government money has been secured & colleague share can be repackaged in to basic pay & more money will be generated by the introduction of automation.
but their offer remains at 2.5 % which is a joke & this is conditional on postmen & women accepting all their previous strings most of which WILL IMMEDIATELY REDUCE PAY a strike is the only way royal mail is going to listen.
Old 28-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Phil79
Banned

Bunch of lazy bastards.

Your choice you get a fucking job that you have to get up uber early for. And then you have the audacity to cry for a payrise, when you guys don't even do your jobs properly.

You should have listened harder in school shouldn't you, dumb arse fuckwits

Now, deliver my fucking post on time, or I get the bat out
Old 28-06-2007, 10:49 AM
scottbrown

Originally Posted by turbo
there is a simple solution, royal mail should return to the approach they agreed in 2006 they CAN afford to pay for chage. government money has been secured & colleague share can be repackaged in to basic pay & more money will be generated by the introduction of automation.
but their offer remains at 2.5 % which is a joke & this is conditional on postmen & women accepting all their previous strings most of which WILL IMMEDIATELY REDUCE PAY a strike is the only way royal mail is going to listen.
2.5% is an inflation pay rise.

you wait till you are working in a private sector.
try crying to the unions then when you "only" get offered 2.5%
Old 28-06-2007, 10:57 AM
turbo

Originally Posted by scottbrown

hmm i dont work for them
Old 28-06-2007, 11:08 AM
scottbrown

your post is worded so it seems like you do..
sorry

Trending Topics

Old 28-06-2007, 11:19 AM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 372 Likes on 347 Posts

I used to work for Royal Mail Research and Development many years ago, And the union Fooked that up 2 years after i left the whole lot got dispanded ( I could see it coming )

Twats as it was a fantastic job

IMO unions are more HASSLE than what there worth
Old 28-06-2007, 11:19 AM
turbo

nah you ok mate im a bit sad when it comes to shit like this like to keep my ear close to the ground, we send royal mail a lot of mail through my work so need to know what they are up to as it WILL cost us if we cant get to our customers
Old 28-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Phil79
Bunch of lazy bastards.

Your choice you get a fucking job that you have to get up uber early for. And then you have the audacity to cry for a payrise, when you guys don't even do your jobs properly.

You should have listened harder in school shouldn't you, dumb arse fuckwits

Now, deliver my fucking post on time, or I get the bat out
Prick!
Old 28-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Im of the opinion the unions are going to do the posties as many favours as they did the minors.

posties are now overpaid compared to private sector jobs, if they try and force RM to pay them more and more over the odds eventually they will just all end up redundant.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:26 AM
scottbrown

but oh so true.

most posties took the jobs knowing that the basic wage was shit. but ot topped it up...

if the basic is not enough get another job.

posties are like the firemen....

trying working in the real world not back in the 70s.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

how long is this strike one day?
Old 28-06-2007, 11:30 AM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

so firemen dont deserve pay rises???
Old 28-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by jumpin jack crash

Firemen are an emotive subject as they routinely risk their lives to help others, I dont see it as a direct comparison.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:34 AM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

im just goin off what was said above mate...

cos if thats someones view then they need to go and bang there head against a brick wall till they pass out. cos thats the biggest load of bollox thats ever come out of anyones keyboard on here
Old 28-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Fireman risk their lives with fires and dangerous positions and get paid 'Danger' money..

I fail to see how this compares to a Royal Mail worker who sorts out letters
Old 28-06-2007, 11:37 AM
scottbrown

cos if thats someones view then they need to go and bang there head against a brick wall till they pass out. cos thats the biggest load of bollox thats ever come out of anyones keyboard on here
I am not doubting that firemen do a brave job...

but they lost the support of a lot of members of the public when they when on strike the same as the posties are doing..
Old 28-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Chip

In the context he said it, posties are like firemen in that they are clinging onto the pay conept of being effectively an extension of the civil service, and being paid out of government funds no questions asked.

Ie, both are living in the past with their expectations, every sector of private industry pretty much has pulled its belt in on pay in the last few years, and yet they just expect to be carrying on getting payrises and OT regardless.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:38 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i work for the royal mint,, i havent had a pay rise in 4 years and they offered us 2.73% this year,,, fuckign crap, private sector is paying ALOT more for my job
Old 28-06-2007, 11:40 AM
scottbrown

Originally Posted by GARETH T

i work for the royal mint,, i havent had a pay rise in 4 years and they offered us 2.73% this year,,, fuckign crap, private sector is paying ALOT more for my job
but...
one of my mates works as sommit to do with it in the local council, he is on less tha he would be if he was in the private sector, but where in the private sector would let him do 37 hour weeks on flexi time, and get a final salary pension???
not many
Old 28-06-2007, 11:41 AM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

so would i chip.... imo firemen, nurses, paramedics etc... should be gettin paid a lot more than what they do anyway. but to compare them to a fuckin postman is takin the piss.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:42 AM
scottbrown

so would i chip.... imo firemen, nurses, paramedics etc... should be gettin paid a lot more than what they do anyway. but to compare them to a fuckin postman is takin the piss.
why???

all government, none civil service jobs
Old 28-06-2007, 11:46 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

but...
one of my mates works as sommit to do with it in the local council, he is on less tha he would be if he was in the private sector, but where in the private sector would let him do 37 hour weeks on flexi time, and get a final salary pension???
not many
but i dont care about your mate,, i dont work 37 hours with flexitime
Old 28-06-2007, 01:40 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

you have had it too easy for many years compared to the private sector, now the market has been opened up and RM are having to compete your costs are far too high...

What most posties dont seem to realise is that if you do not change you will not have jobs, the tax payer should not bail out RM anymore due to over spending etc...

By striking you are handing more work to the private companies as big businesses need to send/receive post everyday. So in theory by striking posties are signing their own redunduncy notice.
Abso-fuckin-lutley what he said.

People have to be competitive now. You the consumer want everything as cheap as possible, so staff have to work for their money, or another company will move in...
Old 28-06-2007, 01:41 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt J
Some people need to wake the fuck up
You might want to say which people mate
Old 28-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Jonzy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Smit

Royal Mail worker who sorts out letters
.... when they can be fucking bothered
Old 28-06-2007, 03:42 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

totally agree mate but you forgot the Armed forces
Old 28-06-2007, 03:56 PM
scottbrown

but...
not many
but i dont care about your mate,, i dont work 37 hours with flexitime
what I meant is that working for a goverment agency(which i presume the royal mint is) does sometimes have its advantages over working in the private sector.

if you are in private sector then I take back what I said, and maybe you should try and leave
Old 28-06-2007, 03:59 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What a bunch of twats you all are

You ought to fukkin try my easy fukkin Job, the amount of so called clever people that come thru the door thinking that it's going to be an "EASY" job, only to leave a few weeks later

So i'm over paid am I? How much do you earn? any of you? eh? I bet 90% of you earn more than I do, I have a mortgage and a family to support.

Just for the record, my payslip came today £256 for a 40 hour week... I was waiding thru water upto my knees on tuesday? how many of you CUNTS would do that?
Old 28-06-2007, 04:06 PM
scottbrown

nobody says you are over paid. What I said was if you were working in the private sector you would be prob paid the same but expected to do more work.

£256 net whats that 16k pa gross? Hardly a bad wage for a job that needs no qualifacations
Old 28-06-2007, 04:26 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nobody says you are over paid. What I said was if you were working in the private sector you would be prob paid the same but expected to do more work.

£256 net whats that 16k pa gross? Hardly a bad wage for a job that needs no qualifacations
Maybe so, but the strike is not purely about wages, it's about working conditions, broken promises by the management etc, ask any posty and he'll be the first to agree we need to change. But royal mail come out with a new approach every other week, these changes are supposed to save money yet invaribly end up costing even more and are then scraped.

And ontop of all this we have upper management awarding themselves massive wage rises ie: Leighton awarded himself a reported £50K rise, and then immediately stated there was no money to increase our offer!!

Really? I wonder why?

Please dont tar all posties as lazy thick bastards, and please dont believe the propagada that this dispute is soley down to wages!!
Old 28-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Jonzy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

If the job is so shit and you get paid so little..... why the fuck are you still there?
Old 28-06-2007, 05:20 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GTechR
What a bunch of twats you all are

You ought to fukkin try my easy fukkin Job, the amount of so called clever people that come thru the door thinking that it's going to be an "EASY" job, only to leave a few weeks later

So i'm over paid am I? How much do you earn? any of you? eh? I bet 90% of you earn more than I do, I have a mortgage and a family to support.

Just for the record, my payslip came today £256 for a 40 hour week... I was waiding thru water upto my knees on tuesday? how many of you CUNTS would do that?
a bit uncalled for mate, no one is forcing you to stay in that job
and yeah i do make more money than you because i changed my job (with a family to support aswell) to a one that paid more, quite easy really.

and if your wading thru water up yo your knees i would say your more the CUNT for doing it in the first place
Old 28-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

This is a letter sent to posties by the union outlining why Royal Mail is losing so many contracts and therefore money and why we need to fight.
It's got fuck all to do with being greedy.

Nice as ever to read the intelligent responses.

Old 28-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Smit
Fireman risk their lives with fires and dangerous positions and get paid 'Danger' money..

I fail to see how this compares to a Royal Mail worker who sorts out letters

You've obviously never had a paper cut then.

Old 28-06-2007, 05:58 PM
cossie04

Originally Posted by GTechR

Maybe so, but the strike is not purely about wages, it's about working conditions, broken promises by the management etc, ask any posty and he'll be the first to agree we need to change. But royal mail come out with a new approach every other week, these changes are supposed to save money yet invaribly end up costing even more and are then scraped.

And ontop of all this we have upper management awarding themselves massive wage rises ie: Leighton awarded himself a reported £50K rise, and then immediately stated there was no money to increase our offer!!

Really? I wonder why?

Please dont tar all posties as lazy thick bastards, and please dont believe the propagada that this dispute is soley down to wages!!
Seconded.
Old 28-06-2007, 06:07 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by andyt
and if your wading thru water up yo your knees i would say your more the CUNT for doing it in the first place
The point I was trying to put over, was the fact that earlier in this very post, someone had said we are all 'lazy bastards' and over paid for what we do.

I was wading thru water, because i'm NOT a lazy bastard I work fukkin hard, what ever the weather is, Rain, Snow and sometimes although not very often at the mo sunshine (which I may add many people don't if it's classed as too hot)...

If we don't go that extra little, we get accused of not doing our job properly, how can we win?

You people are the first to moan if your mail is not delivered.
Old 28-06-2007, 08:24 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i deliver parcel`s mate i know what its like and i dont moan if my mail aint on time.

And im not saying your a lazy basterd i just have a few mates who are postie`s and listen to them saying they have had it easy and they are now moaning because RM is finally trying to push things into the future and they dont like the change, no one likes a change in there job

Get into parcel`s mate being a postman your 80% there

Quick Reply: Postal Strike