General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Postal Strike

Search this Thread

Old 28-06-2007, 08:48 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it makes um get off there arse am all for it
our fuking posty dont post fuk all till at least 11am sometimes later we reqular get next doors post aswell

been down and compained but get us no where even special delivery never comes before 9am somtimes its 2 in the afternoon try and claim money back waste time
and if anything ever goes missing it takes weeks to get money back i known traders that never get payed out at all when stuff been sent royal mail

NOTE AM NOT SAYING ALL ARE LIKE THIS just a problem in our area
Old 28-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil79
Bunch of lazy bastards.

Your choice you get a fucking job that you have to get up uber early for. And then you have the audacity to cry for a payrise, when you guys don't even do your jobs properly.

You should have listened harder in school shouldn't you, dumb arse fuckwits

Now, deliver my fucking post on time, or I get the bat out

Fucking cock
Old 28-06-2007, 09:56 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andyt
Originally Posted by jumpin jack crash
so would i chip.... imo firemen, nurses, paramedics etc... should be gettin paid a lot more than what they do anyway. but to compare them to a fuckin postman is takin the piss.
totally agree mate but you forgot the Armed forces
thats what the etc... was for fella
Old 28-06-2007, 10:04 PM
christianh3
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by CozzyBrom
our fuking posty dont post fuk all till at least 11am sometimes later we reqular get next doors post aswell
a postman has a round that'll start in one street, say 8am, then continue with streets in a set order. The reason u get mail at 11am is simply because your street will be one of the last on the round. You don't get 1 postman for each street!

Agree about the wrongly delivered mail, happens atleast once a week where we'll get mail addressed to someone with a similar street name to mine. That's sloppy.
Old 28-06-2007, 10:05 PM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

not bothered to read it all but since i started my mail order company 3 years ago my average postage costs have gone up 100%. If you want more money, get a different job.
Old 28-06-2007, 10:08 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by christianh3
a postman has a round that'll start in one street, say 8am, then continue with streets in a set order. The reason u get mail at 11am is simply because your street will be one of the last on the round. You don't get 1 postman for each street!

Agree about the wrongly delivered mail, happens atleast once a week where we'll get mail addressed to someone with a similar street name to mine. That's sloppy.
i know they not all for one street but at my old house in summer posty used to come 6am
and why do they guarantee 9am delivery if the cunt aint starting till 8am the next day special is charged extra alot extra compared to 1st class and yet they never turn up before 9am
Old 28-06-2007, 10:15 PM
TrevCannon
PassionFord Post Troll

Well i fucking hate postmen/woman! my mums keyboard & mice desktop has been lost YOU FUCKERS!
Old 28-06-2007, 10:19 PM
daveselwood

Default postie

ive been waiting for a parcel from yorkshire since monday is that because of the floods ,its not going to come tommorrow because of the strike and my car wont work without it perhaps i could lend a posties van
Old 28-06-2007, 10:28 PM
saffsta

our fuking posty dont post fuk all till at least 11am sometimes later
One of the proposed changes Royal Mail are trying to push through means you wouldnt get any mail till the afternoon
Old 28-06-2007, 10:30 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by saffsta
our fuking posty dont post fuk all till at least 11am sometimes later
One of the proposed changes Royal Mail are trying to push through means you wouldnt get any mail till the afternoon
am against it then

Old 28-06-2007, 10:31 PM
daveselwood

Default post

im not arsed what time my mail gets here as long as its here within two days of being posted
Old 28-06-2007, 10:38 PM
rauri
up in smoke........

Default Re: post

Originally Posted by daveselwood
im not arsed what time my mail gets here as long as its here within two days of being posted
aint that the truth,im sick fed up of payin good money for things to arrive somewhere within a certain time and its never bloody happens
Old 28-06-2007, 10:55 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i havent got a clue about this postal strike but i know its happening tomorow.....

...but for how long may i ask
Old 28-06-2007, 11:45 PM
polly_x

I work in a business that has mega amounts of post and royal mail is losing our business all the time.

They are so expensive compared to other carriers that unless costs and prices are addressed its only going in one direction.
Old 29-06-2007, 07:29 AM
saffsta

Originally Posted by smitsturbo
i havent got a clue about this postal strike but i know its happening tomorow.....

...but for how long may i ask
3am friday to 3am saturday
Old 29-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

Can we recieve post 2moro, or will it be Monday?
Old 29-06-2007, 08:45 AM
cossie04

It will be tommorow. Unfortunatly, if no agreement has been made then by the CWU and Royal Mail, their will be further strikes.
Old 29-06-2007, 09:41 AM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 372 Likes on 347 Posts

Sorry to say but Royal Mail are a bunch of Twats(THE MANAGEMENT) as i said before i worked for them a 14 years ago and look things still have not changed

And they never will

Fair play to keep trying just hope u don't lose out by it tho, cos i did!!!
Old 29-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Them bastards have stopped my birthday cards getting through
The thing i find funny, they are going on strike to create a fuss about money etc, when they have just got to come back to more work
Old 29-06-2007, 10:18 AM
saffsta

Originally Posted by Jade1
The thing i find funny, they are going on strike to create a fuss about money etc, when they have just got to come back to more work
The debate isnt directly about the pay rise its about the strings attached to the pay rise that they are debating over ie 2.5% pay rise but taking all driving and night allowances away which in turn means a lot of people will lose money not gain it amongst other things
Old 29-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Jonzy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

The post didnt arrive this morning..... no change there then
Old 29-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GTechR
You people are the first to moan if your mail is not delivered.
yeah where my copy of forza motorsport cunt
Old 29-06-2007, 12:58 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

yeh but they wont bust there arse come tomorrow morning. there'll just be a back log of mail for a week or so.
Old 29-06-2007, 01:18 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by andyt
so would i chip.... imo firemen, nurses, paramedics etc... should be gettin paid a lot more than what they do anyway. but to compare them to a fuckin postman is takin the piss.
totally agree mate but you forgot the Armed forces
thats what the etc... was for fella
fair one mate
Old 29-06-2007, 02:38 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by GTechR
Just for the record, my payslip came today £256 for a 40 hour week... I was waiding thru water upto my knees on tuesday? how many of you CUNTS would do that?

Not having a go mate but you don't wade through water week in week out do you, how many times have you had to do that since you worked there? Its a one off and lots of people are affected by the rain, thats life and people have even died.

Bottom line is if you aren't happy then you can leave and get a better job. Your familly is your problem and you can't expect to get a pay rise just because you have a familly or walked from water an odd day in the year. People working at most of the jobs at RM can't really expect to get major money can they? After all loads of people can do that job theres nothing special about it.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but its the truth and TWO royal mail workers were thieving our post!!!
Old 29-06-2007, 03:09 PM
cossie04

Its not quite as simple as that tho, you think about all the people who have worked for royal mail over the past years who are 40 odd 50+ with family + children, they can`t just "go and get a better job" can they.
Old 29-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by saffsta
The debate isnt directly about the pay rise its about the strings attached to the pay rise that they are debating over ie 2.5% pay rise but taking all driving and night allowances away which in turn means a lot of people will lose money not gain it amongst other things

Thats just a sign of changing times though.

Years ago if you worked in a "normal" job (factory work or shop work or whatever) and had to come in on a sunday you got paid double or tiple time, likewise if you worked "unsociable hours" etc, but these days its just expected of people, royal mail's competitors dont pay their staff all the "perks" that royal mail do, so if royal mail want to stay competitive delivering parcels etc then they have to do what their competitors are doing.

Welcome to a capitalist society!
Old 29-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Sean_RS

On strike 2moro??? Didnt get any fucking post man round today so doesnt make a difference to me!
Old 29-06-2007, 03:39 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Sean_RS
On strike 2moro??? Didnt get any fucking post man round today so doesnt make a difference to me!
the strike was today mate
Old 29-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Katie

I thought they were striking yesterday as we didn't get any mail then...but our neighbour just put some of our letters through now as they'd rammed 3 houses through his door and left him to distribute it on both sides himself? He works away in the week so if he gets our mail on a monday he won't be able to pop it through until Friday. Lovely!

I don't know if he's contracting for royal mail or not...maybe I should tell him today is strike day
Old 29-06-2007, 04:45 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg
Not having a go mate but you don't wade through water week in week out do you, how many times have you had to do that since you worked there? Its a one off and lots of people are affected by the rain, thats life and people have even died.
The point I was trying to put across was the fact that i'm NOT a lazy bastard, as someone had suggested that all posties are

Bottom line is if you aren't happy then you can leave and get a better job. Your familly is your problem and you can't expect to get a pay rise just because you have a familly or walked from water an odd day in the year. People working at most of the jobs at RM can't really expect to get major money can they? After all loads of people can do that job theres nothing special about it.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but its the truth and TWO royal mail workers were thieving our post!!!
So because I work for royal mail, i'm not entitled to a pay increase? No one is asking for major money... If you care to actually look at the truth rather than the propaganda, if 2.5% was actually being offered I would suggest 95% of us would accept it without a second thought, the trouble is all the other add ons to the offer that means in real terms we will end up with less money than we are on now

And just because you had someone thieving your post that makes us all crims does it? Every job has bad eggs, it's just that the ones we have always become public knowledge due too the nature of the job.
Old 29-06-2007, 04:53 PM
scottbrown

right then..

what i dont understand is how will you be losing money???
is it because the planned changes will cut overtime or sommit???

not a dig genuinely interested...
Old 29-06-2007, 05:06 PM
rauri
up in smoke........

got 2 parcels and 4 letters today...granted it was 2pm but hey thats better than normal...more strikes i say
Old 29-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its not just about 2.5% RISE there is loads of strings attached which dosnt get mentioned,basicly royal mail no longer cares for customers they want us to start later so you wil get your mail in the afternoon,they want us to cover rounds when people are on sick and on holiday with no extra pay but longers hours,they even wanted us to deliver 6 lots of leaflets for nothing even tho custormers dont want all this junk posting thro there doors,they wont give us a pay rise they promised last year even tho we made millions,thye boss gave himself 2.5 million bounus last year and a 45k pay rise, yet they want to make us do more work for nothing and we also lose early shift pay when we start later so ineffect we would be taking a pay cutt
these strikes are just the start
Old 29-06-2007, 05:11 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by scottbrown
right then..

what i dont understand is how will you be losing money???
is it because the planned changes will cut overtime or sommit???

not a dig genuinely interested...
I have too be totally honest mate, I don't understand it all my self, over the last few months we've had sooooo much crap from both sides one side says this one side says that...

I again have to be totally honest I WONT be affected as much as other guys, but, the deal is related to targets, that can't realistically be hit, these targets as you say include cutting overtime (I don't claim any) but others in our office do, it's related to sickness pay, and a whole host of other clauses aimed at saving the company money, Which we all agree the company needs to... but they tell us to be more efficiant, then do stupid things like make 90% of all the night staff redundent, so now the guys in main offices have to pre sort mail before they even start on there own, this results in the mail getting out later, which means (for us forinstance) we have to start later, and we also have 2 deliveries per morning, as opposed to one, so we are half way thru prepping the mail, and we have to stop and start from the beggining again, yet we are expected to get out at the same time and finish at the same time... and it goes on and on and on like this, Royal mail change the goal posts let alone move them.
Old 29-06-2007, 05:12 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL
its not just about 2.5% RISE there is loads of strings attached which dosnt get mentioned,basicly royal mail no longer cares for customers they want us to start later so you wil get your mail in the afternoon,they want us to cover rounds when people are on sick and on holiday with no extra pay but longers hours,they even wanted us to deliver 6 lots of leaflets for nothing even tho custormers dont want all this junk posting thro there doors,they wont give us a pay rise they promised last year even tho we made millions,thye boss gave himself 2.5 million bounus last year and a 45k pay rise, yet they want to make us do more work for nothing and we also lose early shift pay when we start later so ineffect we would be taking a pay cutt
Beat me too it mate... i'm pleased i'm not on my own
Old 29-06-2007, 05:32 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i work for royal mail and im a postie in biggin hill, now if you think its an esy job, come work here with all the steps in the valley.

the strike isnt about a pay rise, there are strings attatched!

1. to start at 6.15 am which means we lose a £12.86 early shift allowence a week.

2. to cover a 1/4 of a round a day in summer so staff can take extra holidays, so thats an extra days work over the week.

3. the chief has given himself a massive pay rise and says there is no more money avaliable????

4. so its just not a 2.5% pay rise in the end.
Old 29-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL
Go for it lads. Dont let the fat cat tw@'s take teh piss out of you.

Quick Reply: Postal Strike