General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Reckon I should shop the old bill to a newspaper? (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 15-06-2007, 08:35 PM
monkey nutz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
I'm no fan of some of them, but I do think they generally do a good job with low resources.
Unfortunately this sort of thing is what the PUBLIC SEES, and a little more thought about where to park might have endeared themselves to the public a bit more.
There is good and bad in all, but they need the public trust and help, and they don't seem to realise at times.
I watch Police Stop etc and think that particularly the traffic police do a spot on job, it's a hell of a responsibility to tear about, BUT have to do so safely unlike the joyriders who don't give a toss.
The plod get criticised if they don't catch the baddies and also if they crash while trying.
tabetha
Agreed, it's just most of them are so arrogant, even when you're polite to them.
Old 15-06-2007, 08:38 PM
lickshot
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

down my ways...LOL all their shit is in the back of the connect and they have the rear doors open and plonk their arses on a seat bolted in the back... plenty of air... and if they still get sweaty THEN THEY ARE TOO FAT!!!

do have respect for the 'PORKIES' but when they do things in the wrong manner everyone notices and dont let em live it down...

Just think they could have done this searching for crims in a better way...

NAH MEAN!!!!
Old 15-06-2007, 08:43 PM
lickshot
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

just noticed sumfin else!!!!! the blind man that i mentioned earlier!!! his stick fing would be waved about an inch off the floor infront of him wldnt it....

well it wouldt reach the spare wheel on the back would it... fookin poor blind man would walk straight into the spare wheel and end up on his arse!!! whose fault wld that be???
Old 15-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by monkey nutz
Originally Posted by tabetha
I'm no fan of some of them, but I do think they generally do a good job with low resources.
Unfortunately this sort of thing is what the PUBLIC SEES, and a little more thought about where to park might have endeared themselves to the public a bit more.
There is good and bad in all, but they need the public trust and help, and they don't seem to realise at times.
I watch Police Stop etc and think that particularly the traffic police do a spot on job, it's a hell of a responsibility to tear about, BUT have to do so safely unlike the joyriders who don't give a toss.
The plod get criticised if they don't catch the baddies and also if they crash while trying.
tabetha
Agreed, it's just most of them are so arrogant, even when you're polite to them.
Ive only ever come across one arrogant policeman, and when i look back now i sort of see why he was...
Old 15-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Sorry Ginge, the WORKING excuse don't wash mate - so if I park on a double yellow to fit a windscreen to a car, I ain't "getting a kebab" either - I'm WORKING... Would I get a ticket? Course I fucking would!

And the "NO STOPPING" or "NO WAITING" - doesn't matter either way does it? Still fucking there! Looks to me like that van is WAITING - as in, it's there for a few hours, then it's not - so it's WAITING there isn't it? It's waiting to cath people to make money

I have plenty of respect for the law, hence why I am a law abiding citizen - but I have no respect for "the law" when they themselves have no repect for THIER LAWS.... If they flaunt em, then they are no better than the other cunts who do....

IMO.....
Old 15-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thrush understand the difference between HAVING TO BE THERE and them being another place to do the same job

the police ARE except from laws when carrying out there duty,,, whats so hard to understand about that

if it was a ambulane would you say the same ?

no stopping is NOT the same as no waiting

PARKING is waiting, stopping is stopping,,, that vehicle is not parked it is working,,, and it NEEDS to be done there do get the info for the police infront who will be nicking people who are driving stolen cars, cars involved in crimes that have no registered keepers, cars with no tax, cars with no insurance ect

its a GOOD thing as that could be your car one day drving past there if it was stolen and that van would flag up and warn them BEFORE they know they been done

you seem to fail t see the difference between the old bill using a road that you will be tempted to break the law on and get done and the old bill lookijng for actual criminals and as such need to be a little off the normal lines

as for fitting a windscreen,...... you dont need a main road to it... you can use another road,,,, that road is chosen as its a long road with no turnings and a throuhg road with no other options meaning that almost 70 of the cars will be on that road at somepoint during the day meaning will have a better chance of catching criminals

i honestlu dont see a problem with it,, they are thinking smarter than the criminals for once !!!
Old 16-06-2007, 01:16 AM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Diseasel
Sure its the bill and not the highway agency?
It is now
Old 16-06-2007, 07:14 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The people in the van are the POLICE, who conduct these stings sometimes with the DVLA/CUSTOMS and EXCISE etc.
We have it every year at the local horse fair, they got a horsebox/transit which had not been taxed in 17 years last time.
I must admit when I worked for LUX years ago, I got sent to a set of lights that had been hit by a chav, and so were not working, it was on a very busy plant crossing so I parked on the verge out of the way, whilst a policeman conducted traffic until I fixed the fault, 10/15 mins later I was set to go, until this nice man handed me a ticket for parking illegally, WTF.
I challenged it and won as I pointed out they, the police were complicit, in aiding and abetting a criminal offence, AS THEY HAD CALLED ME.
Photos I showed in COURT clearly showed I had no where else to park, it was in no ones way, it was 11pm so there was no works at the time etc, even the jp said I did the right thing and that had I not parked where I was it could have led to an accident with the copper being hit by a car.
This is the only one time I had hassle doing this job from the police anyway, others just used to cut the power lines etc, or pikeys steal the gennys.
tabetha