General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Maybe going jap

Search this Thread

Old 17-06-2007, 08:26 PM
zippyobrien
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

300 bhp evo 4, brand new clutch, trip to santa pod.

hold the revs at 6k on the line, dump the cluch spin all four wheels through first and dump into second, did this 4 times, and had to change the clutch
Old 17-06-2007, 08:30 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zippyobrien
yeah but saphs have gone from being 8 k ish 2 years ago to 4 k ish now,
Not sure about that at all mate.

I agree though, if i was to get one, id go for a red TME.
Old 18-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by S1rst
Generally speaking an Evo WILL cost you more money in the long run than a cossie. How much, depends on how much your going to spend on an evo. The newer the evo, the more you'll lose in a short period of time.

Ok if your comparing a Ł5k cossie to a Ł5k evo then they'll probably be similar.

As an example i was looking at evo 6's 18 months ago at Ł13k. The same cars are now going for around Ł8k!!! Thats around a Ł5000 loss in less than 2 years.

If your looking at evo 8's and 9's, especially the top models, then your going to lose thousands of pounds.
There's a few sheds advertised at around the 8k mark, but you will find that majority of 6s are still holding their prices at around the 11-13k mark and selling too. CLICK You will only lose money on the later 8s and 9s if you buy new and sell on within 2 or 3 years. My Evo VIII '53 reg' which I bought last year has held it's money in comparison to what like for like Evos are still selling at now.
Old 18-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Orange
Virgin

Evo are nice, only jap car i would say is good.
Old 18-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Rob84
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Orange
Evo are nice, only jap car i would say is good.
no mention of skylines? impreza RA's? integra type R? 200SX's? Supra's????

theres more then just one "good" japanese car... some people
Old 18-06-2007, 11:47 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redkop
Generally speaking an Evo WILL cost you more money in the long run than a cossie. How much, depends on how much your going to spend on an evo. The newer the evo, the more you'll lose in a short period of time.

Ok if your comparing a Ł5k cossie to a Ł5k evo then they'll probably be similar.

As an example i was looking at evo 6's 18 months ago at Ł13k. The same cars are now going for around Ł8k!!! Thats around a Ł5000 loss in less than 2 years.

If your looking at evo 8's and 9's, especially the top models, then your going to lose thousands of pounds.
There's a few sheds advertised at around the 8k mark, but you will find that majority of 6s are still holding their prices at around the 11-13k mark and selling too. CLICK You will only lose money on the later 8s and 9s if you buy new and sell on within 2 or 3 years. My Evo VIII '53 reg' which I bought last year has held it's money in comparison to what like for like Evos are still selling at now.
There does seem to be some nice ones in that link, although 18 months ago when i was looking, those cars would have been nearer to Ł15k at least as there all low ish miles. It looks like the ones i were looking at for Ł12-13k are the Ł8-9k ish ones now.

I know most new-ish cars depreciate, but i think the evo's may be worse than others because they keep bringing a new model out every 2 minutes, or it certainly seems like it. Obviously the older the model, the less money it'll lose generally speaking.

If i were to buy a jap car now it would be a Supra TT. Although having said that, id buy the UK spec Supra TT as its sooooo much better spec than the imports.
Old 18-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

If i were to buy a jap car now it would be a Supra TT.
If I were to buy a Jap car now id buy a mega spec Skyline GTR engined Toyota Chaser.

Oh, I just did.

Old 18-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

stavros, thats fuckin mental, is it yours?
Old 18-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by Gra
stavros, thats fuckin mental, is it yours?
Yes it is. Leaving Japan in 11 days.

Amazing spec.

1 careful owner, never raced or rallied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsweXrx_aGc
Old 18-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by Redkop

There does seem to be some nice ones in that link, although 18 months ago when i was looking, those cars would have been nearer to Ł15k at least as there all low ish miles. It looks like the ones i were looking at for Ł12-13k are the Ł8-9k ish ones now.

I know most new-ish cars depreciate, but i think the evo's may be worse than others because they keep bringing a new model out every 2 minutes, or it certainly seems like it. Obviously the older the model, the less money it'll lose generally speaking.

If i were to buy a jap car now it would be a Supra TT. Although having said that, id buy the UK spec Supra TT as its sooooo much better spec than the imports.
I got my Evo VIII eighteen months ago with 17k on the clock and got it at a bargain price [for the price of a VII) For Sale Ad

I was undecided whether to get a 6, 7 or 8 on the budget I had, I found the 6s were going between 11k-13k and the 7s were going between 12.5k-15k. I wasn't too keen on the 7s. I saw my Evo advertised on MLR at way over my budget, it was still unsold after a month and I knew the guy had already got his brand new IX GT, so I was cheeky and PM'd him with a price I could afford and luckily for me, he accepted it
Old 18-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

PMSL @ this thread now

....and Steve, you and your bloody chaser