General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Worried about 'Boro !

Search this Thread

Old 23-04-2007, 06:09 AM
Coopsrst
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alb
I hope to god they knock Chelsea out of the CL, but if they do it will be pure luck, even Benitez knows Chelsea are the far beter side.
*Hangs head in shame*

Football must be coming to a dieing death.I have never heard anyone support Liverpool in a semi final of a European cup.They hate us,we hate them.
I cant believe you are that bothered about the Rentboys.Liverpool and United is one of the biggest rivalries in the world.And as for Chelsea and aresnal,dont make me laugh.

And as for Redkop,we have expensive players because we want to win the league.Not like Liverpool,who buy average players,make sure you get into europe every year and then think you are one of the best teams in Europe if you get to the final or Semi finals every season.Thats the only cup you concentrate on.Pathetic
Old 23-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by alb
Whats money got to do with it? Do you honestly think Bellamy, Crouch and Pennant are world class or were they big fish in a small pond?
I can't believe what you've written there.... that's fookin' cracked me up

If you can't obviously see past the end of your nose to see that money has everything to do with it, it makes everything you have written previously as utter tosh

I don't know of any L'pool fan that remotely thinks Bellamy, Crouch and Pennant are anywhere near world class. They are the best we could get with severely limited funds. Saying that, none of the big buys ManU have made are world class IMO either.... £28m for Ferdinand & 18m for Carrick and tbh Rooney hasn't warranted his massive fee this season either AFPMSL

Utd have only 2 good players that I'd give any time for and that's Ronaldo and Vidic. The rest are either too old or too average.

Coop

What don't you understand about L'pool could not afford expensive players? God give me strength

And as for Redkop,we have expensive players because we want to win the league.Not like Liverpool,who buy average players
I just hope the arrogance that ManU fans on this thread about the biggest this, biggest that, most expensive this most expensive that doesn't rub off on to L'pool fans when they are able to compete as a big club with a big stadium and more expensive top class players.
Old 23-04-2007, 01:57 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Saying that, none of the big buys ManU have made are world class IMO either.... £28m for Ferdinand & 18m for Carrick and tbh Rooney hasn't warranted his massive fee this season either AFPMSL

Exactly in your opinion and it means shit if we're considering all the other errors you've made in the past. Your mouth really is like sewage farm and your tongue is the stirer.

Carrick, Rio and Rooney are internationals and not at a small country either. All have played at the highest level. Rio was Englands best defender at the world cup, only Sweeden scored and he went off then for Campbell wo messed up. Yet still all the Terry bum boys slate him. Rooney was top scorer at euro 2004 until he broke is foot and was idolised, forgotten have we? Not his fault if hes rushed back for the world cup is it? We have no one else his quality up front and you know it. Owen, defoe and Johnson? Do me a favour. Rooney has got 20 goals this season and hes not even a striker. Do you know how many assits he has? Did you know hes the highest scoring English player in the league and doesn't take free kicks, penalties and is more of a creative foward? How many great goals have we seen from him this year and how many times has he set up Ronaldo?

As for Carrick well he suffers the same thing as Carragher does. He can't play because so far their are better options in his posistion. I'd say Carrick has more chance of forcing himself in than Carragher does at CB. His form this year can only help.

Deny all you like but then you're just playing for Europe next year so it doesn't matter does it. We've won it 8 times how many have you won it?

Oh yes, big fat ZERO.
Old 23-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by skeg
Saying that, none of the big buys ManU have made are world class IMO either.... £28m for Ferdinand & 18m for Carrick and tbh Rooney hasn't warranted his massive fee this season either AFPMSL

Exactly in your opinion and it means shit if we're considering all the other errors you've made in the past. Your mouth really is like sewage farm and your tongue is the stirer.

Carrick, Rio and Rooney are internationals and not at a small country either. All have played at the highest level. Rio was Englands best defender at the world cup, only Sweeden scored and he went off then for Campbell wo messed up. Yet still all the Terry bum boys slate him. Rooney was top scorer at euro 2004 until he broke is foot and was idolised, forgotten have we? Not his fault if hes rushed back for the world cup is it? We have no one else his quality up front and you know it. Owen, defoe and Johnson? Do me a favour. Rooney has got 20 goals this season and hes not even a striker. Do you know how many assits he has? Did you know hes the highest scoring English player in the league and doesn't take free kicks, penalties and is more of a creative foward? How many great goals have we seen from him this year and how many times has he set up Ronaldo?

As for Carrick well he suffers the same thing as Carragher does. He can't play because so far their are better options in his posistion. I'd say Carrick has more chance of forcing himself in than Carragher does at CB. His form this year can only help.

Deny all you like but then you're just playing for Europe next year so it doesn't matter does it. We've won it 8 times how many have you won it?

Oh yes, big fat ZERO.
AFPMSL and England are the greatest team ever right? so that makes Ferdinand, Rooney and Carrick the best because England have got an utterly shit Manager who couldn't pick a decent team if he tried.......... you really spout some utter shite straight out of your asshole at times. Did you also know that Finnan, Carragher and Aggar are above any Utd defender in Opta stats? Even Crouch who only cost 6m has scored more goals for England than Rooney has since the end of 2004 season.... Rooney 21 caps - 3 goals.... Crouch 17 caps - 11 goals and I don't even rate Crouch!

Don't forget that McLaren is an ex Manc, so of course he will think Carrick is the best and overlook others, the same as he does with Downing. As far as McLaren is concerned - if you play for ManU or Boro, then you're a natural name on the team sheet. I do agree that Woodgate should be in the team though.... over and above Ferdinand.

So based on your last opinion of how great ManU players are because they play for England is absolutely laughable and means your biased opinion means sweet FA

Old 23-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by alb
Whats money got to do with it?
Was you saying that when you were blowing other clubs out of the transfer market,
Keane - When bought only Blackburn could have matched you for the fee
Cole - United were the only club to be able to afford him
Yorke - United bid £2m more than the closest team in the hunt. FACT
Ferdinand - Only United could afford to buy him at near £30m
Veron - Again United blew away the opposition with money.
Thats without going back to the late 80's when Fergie spent a never before heard of £14m in the close season, only they could do that at the time

Now that United can be matched and beaten in the transfer market we get to hear the 'whats money got to do with it',
You wasnt that bothered when you could rule the roost in the transfer market, dont let it bother you now

Money spent wisely will bring success, Blackburn in the Walker days, Leeds nearly did it but are now paying the price badly, Chelsea love or hate the fact, their mega millions have brought them back to back titles and still in the run for a quad of success this season,

So what has money got to do with it then
Old 23-04-2007, 04:48 PM
alb
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

This is quality....
Pennant/Bellamy/Crouch are 2nd rate, you bought them because thats all you could afford, rather than buy one decent player you bought 3 average. Its not our fault we fill our 70k + stadium, its not our fault our more recent success then Liverpool's attract big name players, its not our fault that globally we are a bigger name because of our more recent success and we can sell shirts in timbuctoo.
As for comparing Rooney to crouch since when has Rooney been a poacher? Since when has Crouch ever ran at defenders and set someone else up? 2 totally different "strikers" although Roon's probably better labeled as a central midfielder.

Chelsea have massive money, yet aren't winning everything. Arse haven't spent much at all yet still sit in a comfortable 4th, utd did the treble with mostly graduates of the utd academy. Tell me three player's Benitez or Houlier has brought through the Liverpool youth system?

Chelsea and Real Madrid are proof that money can be thrown at a squad it doesn't mean they are going to gel, Shevchenko being the biggest example along with Ballack. Take Vidic/Evra for example, £6m a piece both very good players at a budget, you don't have to spend £20m per player to create a good side. The amount of money Chelsea has spent they should have won everything last year.

As for the person who said there's only a few players in the utd squad they rate lol
VDS was voted second best keeper by sky sports - Givern being first.
Neville is one of the best right backs in the business.
Rio is solid, but i'd say brown is just as good.
Evra Vidic don't really need to say much about them.
Heinze is brilliant, strong but regularly is booked so could be sold in the summer.
Scholes has played as wel if not better than Gerrard/Lampard. Its obvious every England manager is shit scared of dropping either of them so he's chosen not to play internationally even though Lampard is poo for England.
Carrick has taken a while but is starting to really come on, i don't think he was worth £18m but his contract needed to be broken so it cost more to buy him than if he was out of contract at Spurs.
Giggs has been good, but at times dissapointing, Richardson is getting a bit more confident, JS Park is amazing, running about everywhere just needs his last touch working on.
Not much needed to say about Ronaldo.
Fletcher gets some shit, but he ran rings aroung Vierra Scotland V France showing just what he is capable of.
O'Shea is average in all positions but is adaptable so is always on the bench.
Rooney sometimes needs to shut up and play the game. There are sparks of brilliance time and time again. People don't see his name on the score sheet so assume he's played badly, even though he is pivotal in most matches and can regularly be seen back defending.

I don't really rate Saha, we need another first choice striker and i would imagine we will go for Torres/Tevez possibly Eto'o in the summer.
Smith has been fantastic in our last few games.
Ole is still as a good a poacher as he was 8 years ago.
Old 23-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by alb
This is quality....
Pennant/Bellamy/Crouch are 2nd rate, you bought them because thats all you could afford, rather than buy one decent player you bought 3 average. Its not our fault we fill our 70k + stadium, its not our fault our more recent success then Liverpool's attract big name players, its not our fault that globally we are a bigger name because of our more recent success and we can sell shirts in timbuctoo.
As for comparing Rooney to crouch since when has Rooney been a poacher? Since when has Crouch ever ran at defenders and set someone else up? 2 totally different "strikers" although Roon's probably better labeled as a central midfielder.

Chelsea have massive money, yet aren't winning everything. Arse haven't spent much at all yet still sit in a comfortable 4th, utd did the treble with mostly graduates of the utd academy. Tell me three player's Benitez or Houlier has brought through the Liverpool youth system?

Chelsea and Real Madrid are proof that money can be thrown at a squad it doesn't mean they are going to gel, Shevchenko being the biggest example along with Ballack. Take Vidic/Evra for example, £6m a piece both very good players at a budget, you don't have to spend £20m per player to create a good side. The amount of money Chelsea has spent they should have won everything last year.

As for the person who said there's only a few players in the utd squad they rate lol
Heinze is brilliant, strong but regularly is booked so could be sold in the summer.
Scholes has played as wel if not better than Gerrard/Lampard. Its obvious every England manager is shit scared of dropping either of them so he's chosen not to play internationally even though Lampard is poo for England.
Carrick has taken a while but is starting to really come on, i don't think he was worth £18m but his contract needed to be broken so it cost more to buy him than if he was out of contract at Spurs.
Giggs has been good, but at times dissapointing, Richardson is getting a bit more confident, JS Park is amazing, running about everywhere just needs his last touch working on.
Fletcher gets some shit, but he ran rings aroung Vierra Scotland V France showing just what he is capable of.
Rooney sometimes needs to shut up and play the game. There are sparks of brilliance time and time again. People don't see his name on the score sheet so assume he's played badly, even though he is pivotal in most matches and can regularly be seen back defending.

I don't really rate Saha, we need another first choice striker and i would imagine we will go for Torres/Tevez possibly Eto'o in the summer.
Jeeeeez how the fook would buying 1 good player fill the places of 3 different positions? Give over

All this bigger this and bigger than shite again is just boring and tedious.

What do you mean when you say Chelsea aren't winning everything? Neither are Man U mate, they haven't won the league since 2002/2003, only the FA Cup and the Mickey Mouse Cup since then. Chelsea have won it for the last 2 years and beat you to the top pretty convincingly by 8 points last season and 18 points the season before that and beat you by 4 points into 2nd place when Arsenal won it by 15 points more than you, but Chelsea bought the league with big spending, so you spouting that ManU is the biggest this blah blah with the best players blah blah hasn't been that successful - has it eh? Besides, you haven't won the league yet this season. It's not over 'til the fat lady sings and it wouldn't bother me if Chelsea did win it again, at least they aren't so arrogant as the majority of the mancs are.

Hahahahahahaha that's funny as fuck, as if anyone gives a damn what SKY Sports thinks. Neville was maybe a good right back about 10 years ago but not now

Both Liverpool's and Chelsea's keepers have conceded less goals than VDS this season, but no doubt, you'll have a ready-made biased excuse about that.
Old 23-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by alb
Scholes has played as wel if not better than Gerrard/Lampard. Its obvious every England manager is shit scared of dropping either of them so he's chosen not to play internationally

RLY, like O RLY,
I class Paul Scholes as a friend, I played alongside him at Boundary Park at Schoolboy level and his kids attend a private school 400 yards from my house, I see and speak to Scoey regularly,
And you are talking complete and utter Tripe

Alb, please exit the thread
Old 23-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Coopsrst
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Redkop
Originally Posted by alb
This is quality....

Jeeeeez how the fook would buying 1 good player fill the places of 3 different positions? Give over

All this bigger this and bigger than shite again is just boring and tedious.

What do you mean when you say Chelsea aren't winning everything? Neither are Man U mate, they haven't won the league since 2002/2003, only the FA Cup and the Mickey Mouse Cup since then. Chelsea have won it for the last 2 years and beat you to the top pretty convincingly by 8 points last season and 18 points the season before that and beat you by 4 points into 2nd place when Arsenal won it by 15 points more than you, but Chelsea bought the league with big spending, so you spouting that ManU is the biggest this blah blah with the best players blah blah hasn't been that successful - has it eh? Besides, you haven't won the league yet this season. It's not over 'til the fat lady sings and it wouldn't bother me if Chelsea did win it again, at least they aren't so arrogant as the majority of the mancs are.
Redkop,we have some spoilt fans in our club.They think they can win it every season.They didnt give Fergie a chance to rebuild a young team for a couple of seasons. We were shite last season,and people wanted Fergie out.It is embarrassing.

I also agree with Big G.I know Scholes did not retire from international football because of that reason
Old 23-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by Coopsrst
Redkop,we have some spoilt fans in our club.They think they can win it every season.They didnt give Fergie a chance to rebuild a young team for a couple of seasons. We were shite last season,and people wanted Fergie out.It is embarrassing.

I also agree with Big G.I know Scholes did not retire from international football because of that reason
A nice sensible reply Coop In the world of reality
Old 23-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Coopsrst
Regular Contributor

I am not deluded like some United fans.

I know we have our arguments,but what do you expect?

Was that you leaving the Pod in your Evo yesterday?
Old 23-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Coopsrst
we have some spoilt fans in our club.They think they can win it every season.
We have fans like that at the Man Siro
I tend to call them puddled
Old 23-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by Matt J
Bit blinkered arent you Redkop?

I think the PFA awards say it all, how many Manu players were in the Players Select Eleven?

I think people underate carrick, give him a season or to under his belt and I reckon he could be nearly as good as keane. How long did it take Ronaldo to come good? He's 22 now, I think he was 18 when they paid around £10m for him, everybody was like "who the feck is he?"

Coming good now though eh? just shows how much of an eye for talent old fergie has, you say Liverpool have never had the money to spend, perhaps if they had won something and EARNT some money they might have some to spend, do you think Manu could of afforded to fork out big money without prize money/TV revenue?
Another one that doesn't understand the logistics of how money and investors can influence a team.... I should damn well hope that Fergie after 20 yrs of management for the same team can recognise a good young player, but some of his buys have been duff ones in the past. Comparing 20 years against Rafa's 3 years is nonsensical to say the least and it wont be at least another 3-4 yrs until the young players Rafa has bought will be seen as wise buys or duff ones.... some might even surpass Ronaldo.....

So you're saying Liverpool have won nothing - eh? No European Cups, no Super Cups, no FA Cups, no, League Cups, no UEFA cups, no Community Shields for the last 15 years. Right.... I must have been watching some other team then
Old 23-04-2007, 09:46 PM
alb

Scholes retired because he was being played out of position on the right FACT
Scholes was asked to return, but declined. Do you think maybe thats because Maclaren wouldn't drop Gerrard/Lampard ? When was the last time you saw a decent performance internationally by Lampard ? By far our worst player at the world cup. Yet Hargreaves, best player for us at the world cup is played behind them both instead of dropping lamps.

Fact of the matter is Maclaren and Sven before him are/were too gutless to drop Fat frank. Scholes/Hargreaves in the middle Gerrard on the right/left depending on Lennon. Scholes may have lost his temper a few times this season, but anyone with a brain knows he has been one of our best assets this season.
Old 23-04-2007, 09:49 PM
alb

Comparing 20 years against Rafa's 3 years is nonsensical to say the least and it wont be at least another 3-4 yrs until the young players Rafa has bought will be seen as wise buys or duff ones.... some might even surpass Ronaldo.....
Would these be the same kids that are currently Losing the FA youth cup to ermmm.......UTD ?
Old 23-04-2007, 09:57 PM
alb

So you're saying Liverpool have won nothing - eh? No European Cups, no Super Cups, no FA Cups, no, League Cups, no UEFA cups, no Community Shields for the last 15 years. Right.... I must have been watching some other team then
They're all knockout competitions or just one game like the "community/charity" shield. Consistency wins the league, and its been a log time since Liverpool have been consistent enough to win the league Yes or No?
Uefa cup? Second to the champions league Yes or No ?
European cups are obviously an achievement, i can't deny that. But how can you seriously be european champions but not even champions of england?
Chelsea have won the league twice in succession, so the next step is obviously to dominate Europe.
Utd are currently the best team in England so if any English team deserves it its them.

Look at Arse last season, banged out of every competition bar the CL, and in the end won nothing. Liverpool banged out of every competition your hopes are pinned on one competition whilst proper teams battle for 3/4.
Old 23-04-2007, 10:43 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Even Crouch who only cost 6m has scored more goals for England than Rooney has since the end of 2004 season.... Rooney 21 caps - 3 goals.... Crouch 17 caps - 11 goals and I don't even rate Crouch!

So who would you rather have Crouch or Rooney? Go on make me laugh.

o you're saying Liverpool have won nothing - eh? No European Cups, no Super Cups, no FA Cups, no, League Cups, no UEFA cups, no Community Shields for the last 15 years. Right.... I must have been watching some other team then

No i think hes just saying you haven't won as much as United in that time. Unlucky.

So based on your last opinion of how great ManU players are because they play for England is absolutely laughable and means your biased opinion means sweet FA

Not just because of England no, i guess it sailed over your head and you require laymans terms, unfortunetely i don't have all day and night. They have proved their quality for club at home and in europe too. Most european managers would highly rate those 3 players and love to have them. But you don't because your anti United and that affects your mind. So you must be correct then?

That is why i don't respect you or your opinions when it comes to football. Come back when you actually win the premier league and then talk. I don't want to hear about what Liverpool are 'going' to do in whatever year with whatever money. Talk is cheap and yours is sadly always false. Try another sport you might have more luck.
Old 24-04-2007, 05:35 AM
alb

Isn't redkock a woman? Surely there must be ironing to keep her busy?
Old 24-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by alb
They're all knockout competitions or just one game like the "community/charity" shield. Consistency wins the league, and its been a log time since Liverpool have been consistent enough to win the league Yes or No?
European cups are obviously an achievement, i can't deny that. But how can you seriously be european champions but not even champions of england?
Chelsea have won the league twice in succession, so the next step is obviously to dominate Europe.
Utd are currently the best team in England so if any English team deserves it its them.

Look at Arse last season, banged out of every competition bar the CL, and in the end won nothing. Liverpool banged out of every competition your hopes are pinned on one competition whilst proper teams battle for 3/4.
Originally Posted by alb

Would these be the same kids that are currently Losing the FA youth cup to ermmm.......UTD ?
You yourself said it took 4 years for Ronaldo to come good, so I don't see the point of your comment until after the 2nd leg Plus the fact most of the Youth team are only playing in their 1st season of it.

I don't recall ever saying they were consistent or good enough. Same applies to the 26 year obscurity ManU went through, but the Manc fans were chuffed enough then and bragged about the cups they won.... Yes or No?

Any fool knows the UEFA Cup is 2nd, I imagine even that halfwit Skeg would know that!

Easy! We won it once not being champions, but the other 4 times we were League Champions For all the times ManU have been PL champions they've only won it once!

That could still happen. stranger things have happened - though ManU haven't managed it.

Currently yes, but not necessarily have the best players, even you will admit that they have had a few jammy results, especially at Anfield where they were totally outplayed by Liverpool.

Originally Posted by skegscum

So who would you rather have Crouch or Rooney? Go on make me laugh.

Not just because of England no, i guess it sailed over your head and you require laymans terms, unfortunetely i don't have all day and night. They have proved their quality for club at home and in europe too. Most european managers would highly rate those 3 players and love to have them. But you don't because your anti United and that affects your mind. So you must be correct then?

That is why i don't respect you or your opinions when it comes to football. Come back when you actually win the premier league and then talk. I don't want to hear about what Liverpool are 'going' to do in whatever year with whatever money. Talk is cheap and yours is sadly always false. Try another sport you might have more luck.
Crouch or Rooney? Neither in my ideal team, I don't rate either! I have already said I don't rate Crouch, FFS READ what I post you halfwit or were you tired after doing all your school homework? Just what quality have Ferdinand, Rooney and Carrick proved in Europe?

I couldn't give a rats arse what you think of my opinion, yours is worthless shit, especially when you come out with schoolboy comments like "Come back when you actually win the premier league" and "Try another sport you might have more luck" You're the typical stereotype Manscum fan who only started to 'support' Utd when the premiership started and you were 2 yrs old, so jumped on the glory hunt. You have no concept or knowledge of football in general, other than ManU winning the PL.... as I said, an OOT'er glory hunter. At least Coop and alb are realistic and can have a good adult discussion unlike your halfwit, childish attempts and they don't have to resort to slanderous, sickening comments about Heysel and Hillsborough like you do. Nobody can respect your opinion or you for those and you lose all credibility about being a football fan!
Old 24-04-2007, 08:38 AM
alb

Hillsborough was a sickening accident that should be respected and never spoken ill of regardless of Which set of fan's it happened to, exactly the same as Munich.

Back onto football. I rate Crouch, in fact i'd say he's a better poacher then Owen, and when backed up with someone like Rooney who always plays off of a poacher makes a good combination. Crouch is gangly, he looks out of sorts on the ball but he regularly puts it in the back of the net, and to me thats the most important thing. Whereas Crouch is exceptional at one aspect, poaching, Rooney is good at striking, defending, getting past defenders and someone that even off form should be on the bench. Rooney can change a game with 30 minutes to go more than anyone i can think of, and the only mistake i think SAF and Maclaren make is not to start him and use him later unless he is playing at his absolute best.
We have got results this season when we didn't deserve them, but watch Chelsea in the last 3 seasons. I think its 80% of their games this season they have snatched a winner at the end, i'm not picking holes but no matter how you play or how much you spend on players there is an element of luck needed, if it was about deserving results i think Arsenal would be higher up the table than they currently are.

Domestically the league is the hardest title to win, no doubt about it. Even if we were to lose it (crossed fingers we don't) in the last few games we have shown other sides in England that Chelsea can be challenged rather than the run-away titles they have won previously. Maybe we wouldn't get a trophy but it should at least earn us the respect of other fansaround the country.
Oh and finishing 2nd means you automatically qualify for the CL, whereas 3rd and 4th have to play additional qualifying games. They maybe walkovers, but they are more games, more chance of injury and fatigue.

As for best players?
Imo the best players play as a team to get results, utd are playing as a team and getting results most of the time. I'd have Evra over the £20m rated Ashley Cole anyday, Ronaldo over J.Cole/SWP/Robben-who will be sold in the summer, Scholes over Ballack, Rooney over Shev and probably Rooney over Drogba (he may be on fire now but he's been shit for 2 years, he could quite easily go back).
Arsenal - Gallas i'd have maybe Cesc Fabreze, Henry 5 years ago yes but i bet we'd never see the old Henry ever again.
Liverpool - Gerrard, Carragher, poss Mascherano.

No team in the world has all the best players, because not all of the best players can gel.

Richardson, Silvestre, Oshea and Saha i could quite easily say goodbye to, with obviously different options being brought in either by transfer or through the youth system, then again 3 months ago i would have added Smith to that list.
Old 24-04-2007, 08:49 AM
alb

Oh and i'm not that bothered about tonight. Of course i'd be very happy for us to win but i consider the league to be the most important thing. Semi-finals is an improvement over recent years, maybe we can win it but i think focus should be concerntrated on the League. I could take or leave the FA Cup also, not saying i wouldn't be happy with a treble but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
I want Liverpool to beat Chelsea purely so Chelsea can't do the quadruple or a decent treble, i want utd to keep that honour.
Old 24-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by alb
Hillsborough was a sickening accident that should be respected and never spoken ill of regardless of Which set of fan's it happened to, exactly the same as Munich.
I totally agree, sham that skeg has to constantly mention it.

Back onto football. I rate Crouch, in fact i'd say he's a better poacher then Owen, and when backed up with someone like Rooney who always plays off of a poacher makes a good combination. Crouch is gangly, he looks out of sorts on the ball but he regularly puts it in the back of the net, and to me thats the most important thing. Whereas Crouch is exceptional at one aspect, poaching, Rooney is good at striking, defending, getting past defenders and someone that even off form should be on the bench. Rooney can change a game with 30 minutes to go more than anyone i can think of, and the only mistake i think SAF and Maclaren make is not to start him and use him later unless he is playing at his absolute best.
We have got results this season when we didn't deserve them, but watch Chelsea in the last 3 seasons. I think its 80% of their games this season they have snatched a winner at the end, i'm not picking holes but no matter how you play or how much you spend on players there is an element of luck needed, if it was about deserving results i think Arsenal would be higher up the table than they currently are.
Crouch is far better when he comes on as a sub IMO. There are games though where he is invisible, especially when Lpool keep playing the long ball to him and nothing goes right for him in those situations. As you say he is better as a poacher and has scored some remarkable goals - it's hard to realise he is vying with Kaka for top scorer in the CL this season. LOL I would prefer an out and out striker like Berbatov/Drogba or someone in that ilk with strength rather than Crouch who can get knocked off the ball far too easy, just my opinion though.

Domestically the league is the hardest title to win, no doubt about it. Even if we were to lose it (crossed fingers we don't) in the last few games we have shown other sides in England that Chelsea can be challenged rather than the run-away titles they have won previously. Maybe we wouldn't get a trophy but it should at least earn us the respect of other fansaround the country.
Oh and finishing 2nd means you automatically qualify for the CL, whereas 3rd and 4th have to play additional qualifying games. They maybe walkovers, but they are more games, more chance of injury and fatigue.
More games like the Mancs have played being in all cups has taken a toll with regards to injuries this late in the season.

I don't think it's so much that ManU don't have the respect, it's the certain majority of their fans that make ppl dislike them so much. I know that's my reason for being so anti-ManU. Fair to say though, there are a few decent fans, my other half and AJ to name two. I suppose I should include you and Coop as well

As for best players?
Imo the best players play as a team to get results, utd are playing as a team and getting results most of the time. I'd have Evra over the £20m rated Ashley Cole anyday, Ronaldo over J.Cole/SWP/Robben-who will be sold in the summer, Scholes over Ballack, Rooney over Shev and probably Rooney over Drogba (he may be on fire now but he's been shit for 2 years, he could quite easily go back).
Arsenal - Gallas i'd have maybe Cesc Fabreze, Henry 5 years ago yes but i bet we'd never see the old Henry ever again.
Liverpool - Gerrard, Carragher, poss Mascherano.

No team in the world has all the best players, because not all of the best players can gel.

Richardson, Silvestre, Oshea and Saha i could quite easily say goodbye to, with obviously different options being brought in either by transfer or through the youth system, then again 3 months ago i would have added Smith to that list.
I agree with all the above except "probably Rooney over Drogba" would definitely have Drogba over Rooney and also it's too early to form an opinion on Smith.

ManU might suffer next season though with some of your key players being too old like Scholes, Giggs, Neville, VDS & Solskjaer, they have played a large part as stalwarts.

Majority of Liverpool's first team regulars are aged between 20 and 26 and have yet to peak, the exceptions being Carra & Finnan, the others that over 26 are usually subs. Finnan is 31 today and Carra is the ripe old age of 29
Old 24-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by alb
Scholes retired because he was being played out of position on the right FACT
Wrong.

Originally Posted by alb
Scholes was asked to return, but declined.
Semi true, the door was and still is left open should he decide to change his mind.
Old 24-04-2007, 01:42 PM
alb

The only reason i say Rooney over drogba as i say 2 years he was toilet, he should have ben subbed for Crespo, luckily for them they let Crespo out on loan and Drogba came good, what would they have done with 2 dud strikers?
Some of utd players will gradually need to be replaced, but most positions have other players gradually coming on ready to fill those spaces.
Scholes - Hargreaves/Fletcher
Giggs - Richardson? JS Park
Ole - Rossi/someone else
VDS - Foster needs to stay out on loan and mature, Kujcheck (sp) looks quite solid to me.
The only real place we don't have someone in waiting is in Nev's position, but i'm sure something will be done about that in the summer.

This is not to mention the treble winning youth squad, who are currently battling it out for the youth FA cup. Either players from there will mature into the first side or they will be moved on and the money used elsewhere. Also in case of SAF retiring Brian Maclair is running a tight ship there and looks like a good candidate to fill Fergie's boots.

Yes we're playing more games so fatigue/injury has become an issue. But those games are bringing in revenue, TV and gate meaning come the summer we can replace and rebuild for next season.

My belief is that the Glaziers plan to "sell" utd to the American's. I can't recall his name but there's only one household name in "soccer" in the US, he debued for the US side at something stupid like 15 and he recently spent 2 weeks at OT with a summer transfer in the pipeline once he is 18 or something. Household name sold to utd, ManU are everywhere on US tv. Also obviously the ex-utd player going out to play for Galaxy is probably going to make some headlines so i'm sure the utd name will be banded about also.
The difference in profit between Utd and team's like Barca and Real is that Utd have a combined TV revenue with everyone in the premiership. Barca and Real have their own TV rights and can sell each of their games to the highest bidder, I think utd will sell TV rights in the US to stations such as ESPN, i'm not saying the US will take to Utd or "soccer" but its more shirts, more TV revenue.
I think in 10-15 years time at least the top 4 Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arse will all have their own TV rights and sell them individually to the highest bidder, i'm sure if the FA were to get a cut of the profits they would turn a blind eye.
Old 24-04-2007, 02:03 PM
KW-rscos
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fucking hell, blah blah blah blah blah!?!? got some right keyboard warriors on this thread
Old 24-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by alb
My belief is that the Glaziers plan to "sell" utd to the American's. I can't recall his name but there's only one household name in "soccer" in the US, he debued for the US side at something stupid like 15 and he recently spent 2 weeks at OT with a summer transfer in the pipeline once he is 18 or something. Household name sold to utd, ManU are everywhere on US tv. Also obviously the ex-utd player going out to play for Galaxy is probably going to make some headlines so i'm sure the utd name will be banded about also.
Malcolm Glazer is a businessman, plain as, he see's United as a profitable asset, Which it is to his company as he has planted the debt on MUFC,
One of his sons (the simple looking 1 if that helps) is seemingly more interested in the footballing side, and does make a visit for a few games, albeit unannounced for obvious reasons.

You must remember that the Glazers brought in the AIG sponsorship, who walloped Vodafone off the pitch with their sponsorship deal, And have belief there may be more to come.

For the title run in alone, United are getting £300k profit from TV rights alone per game.

The American kid your on about, Freddy Adu?
Old 24-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by alb
Back onto football. I rate Crouch, in fact i'd say he's a better poacher then Owen, and when backed up with someone like Rooney who always plays off of a poacher makes a good combination. Crouch is gangly, he looks out of sorts on the ball but he regularly puts it in the back of the net, and to me thats the most important thing.
That is why I like Crouch,
He reminds me of the Goat in that respect, Who was the WORST footballer in the World, yet a good scorer, it would come off his arse, shoulder, shin and now and then if foot or heard
I once had a footy chat with some diehard MUFC friends when the Goat played for City and we all agreed, at that time if he was at United he would be notching 30 a season due to the football and supply United were playing at the time.

Infact, SP should get him back as we need a scorer
Old 24-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Redkop

Don't think anyone will ever forget THIS GOAL from Crouch
Old 24-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lynn,
This is the greatest player ever to grace the Premiership, just look at how cleanly he can strike a ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2xHBGHez6g
Old 24-04-2007, 04:09 PM
alb

The American kid your on about, Freddy Adu?
Thats the one. Along with the 2 twin Brazlian central defenders we just signed we have a pretty bright future.
Old 24-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by Big G
Lynn,
This is the greatest player ever to grace the Premiership, just look at how cleanly he can strike a ball

I remember him - where is he now? Hung his boots up?
Old 24-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lynn,

Retired.
He's got a football academy over in Bermuda, and is setting up Bermuda's first professional club so spends most of his time over there (wouldnt you though), he comes over here every few months for a 'chill'.

The guys a legend over there, June 21st, National Shaun Goater day
Old 24-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Redkop

Lynn,

Retired.
He's got a football academy over in Bermuda, and is setting up Bermuda's first professional club so spends most of his time over there (wouldnt you though), he comes over here every few months for a 'chill'.

The guys a legend over there, June 21st, National Shaun Goater day
I can remember going to a game at Villa Park years ago, to watch Villa play against Man City, when they had that Venglas [sp] as Manager and the pitch was covered in green sand! I dislike Villa so was routing for City but was sat in amongst Villa fans, so had to keep my gob firmly shut as City whupped Villa's arses 5 - 1 and David White got a hat-trick
Old 25-04-2007, 03:08 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Jesus, Redkop you're so easy to rile up. Lay off the caffeine will you.

At least Coop and alb are realistic and can have a good adult discussion unlike your halfwit, childish attempts and they don't have to resort to slanderous, sickening comments about Heysel and Hillsborough like you do.

Is that an attempt to get majority of opposition onside? Sickening? I had familly there. Did you? Velcro was abused. I could go into detail but i won't, combat this all you like. Am i the only one who mentions this? No thats because it occured. If YOU witnessed something one day, regardless of what and told familly would you expect them to believe you, yes or no?

You're the typical stereotype Manscum fan who only started to 'support' Utd when the premiership started and you were 2 yrs old, so jumped on the glory hunt.

I could tell you my real age and when i supported them but i won't bother, since i've been here you've already judged who i support before i said and made it clear, my IQ, Age, knowledge of sport and god knows what else and all over the internet. Uri geller eat your heart out.

You have no concept or knowledge of football in general,

Coming from the person who said the othe week that Ronaldo was going to Real Madrid and Van der sar was 38 in october. Yeah good one. Like everything else, Nostradamus you were wrong, stick to reversing or netball, pal.

Crouch or Rooney? Neither in my ideal team, I don't rate either! I have already said I don't rate Crouch, FFS READ what I post you halfwit or were you tired after doing all your school homework?

Its irrelevant what you wrote. I asked a question, you wormed out of it Case ClOSED. School homework? Do you even have a degree or Msc? All this constant slating of peoples IQ over the internet and talking about education fools no one. Its a tatic to make yourself look intelligent, as i say it doesn't wash. Basic psychology would sugest you have issues with your own sharpness or lack of and feel the need to look good in 'public'. One way of doing this would be to slate other people, like bullies do at school when they are being hassled themselves elsewhere. Look it up.
Old 25-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by skeg
Jesus, Redkop you're so easy to rile up. Lay off the caffeine will you.

At least Coop and alb are realistic and can have a good adult discussion unlike your halfwit, childish attempts and they don't have to resort to slanderous, sickening comments about Heysel and Hillsborough like you do.

Is that an attempt to get majority of opposition onside? Sickening? I had familly there. Did you? Velcro was abused. I could go into detail but i won't, combat this all you like. Am i the only one who mentions this? No thats because it occured. If YOU witnessed something one day, regardless of what and told familly would you expect them to believe you, yes or no?

You're the typical stereotype Manscum fan who only started to 'support' Utd when the premiership started and you were 2 yrs old, so jumped on the glory hunt.

I could tell you my real age and when i supported them but i won't bother, since i've been here you've already judged who i support before i said and made it clear, my IQ, Age, knowledge of sport and god knows what else and all over the internet. Uri geller eat your heart out.

You have no concept or knowledge of football in general,

Coming from the person who said the othe week that Ronaldo was going to Real Madrid and Van der sar was 38 in october. Yeah good one. Like everything else, Nostradamus you were wrong, stick to reversing or netball, pal.

Crouch or Rooney? Neither in my ideal team, I don't rate either! I have already said I don't rate Crouch, FFS READ what I post you halfwit or were you tired after doing all your school homework?

Its irrelevant what you wrote. I asked a question, you wormed out of it Case ClOSED. School homework? Do you even have a degree or Msc? All this constant slating of peoples IQ over the internet and talking about education fools no one. Its a tatic to make yourself look intelligent, as i say it doesn't wash. Basic psychology would sugest you have issues with your own sharpness or lack of and feel the need to look good in 'public'. One way of doing this would be to slate other people, like bullies do at school when they are being hassled themselves elsewhere. Look it up.
Wow even more boring diatribe

Are you trying to say you have a degree? Even if you do, it doesn't make you any less of the arsehole that you come across as on PF.

As for Hillsborough, just because one of your inbred family told you what he allegedly saw doesn't make it the truth

I lost 6 mates at Hillsborough and to hear you spouting UNtruths about that day is vile and sickening. You are seriously one sick person if you have to resort to lies to wind people up and have no respect for the dead. It was irrefutably proved beyond all doubt, that what the Sun printed was LIES - so that makes you a gullible halfwit if you believe what one of your family told you, as thousands and thousands of fans never saw what you claim your family saw! My best mate was there, along with lots of other mates and they helped out tirelessly rescuing people and trying to save them, so I think they are more qualified to tell the TRUTH, don't you?

I had tickets for that game, but 2 days before, the mate I went with [an ambulance driver] to games got told that she had to work that day because of staff shortage, so I was unable to go as my car was off the road.

Now get out of my face you scumbag, this is the last reply I shall do to you, as you are boring the tits off me with your incessant diatribes and immoral lies. You really are one contemptible piece of shit.

Have a nice day prick!