General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Worried about 'Boro !

Search this Thread

Old 21-04-2007, 06:18 PM
monkey nutz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's just hope we do Newcastle tomorrow!
Old 21-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Worried about 'Boro !

Originally Posted by danneth
and could the pen for boro have been more clear cut?
no but the ref probs remembered what happened to the last ref that give a penalty to middlesbrough at old trafford and thought, fook that, and bottled it. i dont know if you know, but theres a rule that under no circimstances can a penalty be giving to an opposing side at old trafford.
Old 21-04-2007, 06:19 PM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
Originally Posted by alb
As a utd fan i'm a bit worried about playing 'boro this weekend. What with Chelsea hot on our heels we can't afford a slip up and lets just say a large number of our 1st choice players won't be available. I'll be more comfortable once it gets closer to the end when Chelsea have Arse and us back to back.
are you takin the piss ??

Man u are at home and arent gonna mess up agaianst an average at best boro with the form your in.

You have nothing to worry about and thats from a pool fan.

Also, if i remeber correctly. Chelsea have to go to the emirates so the title could be in the bag before you even play chelsea with you goal difference.

Its weird being a pool fan and not actually minding if man u win the title for 2 reasons,

1. i despise the way chelsea go about there business and the way their players constantly moan like girls about the slightest of things.

2. cant hide the fact man u are playing some stunning football and prob deserve it on that basis alone !
typical pool fan talking shite

hold my hands up

didnt see that one coming

man u are gonna get beat by milan if they dont get some decent defenders back
Old 21-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Coopsrst
Regular Contributor

Bastards.I knew if we did fuck it up, it would be against Middlesborough.Wasnt confident before the game.

We played shite today.Didnt step up a gear and look what happened.

See what happens tomorrow though.

Im hoping for a draw
Old 21-04-2007, 06:22 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiddy UK
no but the ref probs remembered what happened to the last ref that give a penalty to middlesbrough at old trafford and thought, fook that, and bottled it. i dont know if you know, but theres a rule that under no circimstances can a penalty be giving to an opposing side at old trafford.

Old 21-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

just said on sky sports that rio ferdinand is out for 2 weeks, thats both champions league semi final legs, everton and man city in the premiership.
Old 21-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

theres a rule that under no circimstances can a penalty be giving to an opposing side at old trafford.
Too True.

I hope Utd play like that on May 5th, 3 easy points for City
Old 21-04-2007, 06:51 PM
alb
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Well i think i was right to start this thread....
A few points though...
Why do some fan's want Chelsea (apart from Chelsea fan's) to win the league? They play boring, unattractive football and most of their games this season have been won in the last 10 minutes.
Utd however have always played attacking football, never the long ball toilet but attractive to watch whether your a fan or not. and when we've been on form we've destroyed everyone. Our problem lies with consistency, and injury. Park to me is a big future player, all thats missing is his final touch, Giggs however is now dissapointing. Vidic is brilliant, Evra the better, less aggressive and more forward-going option to Heinze (who will probably go in the summer). Carrick is also starting to silence his critics. I am amazed by Smith, i never thought he'd be the player he was at Leeds.
I don't need to say much about Rooney and Ronaldo, when on form they are the best partnership in the premiership bar none, Ronaldo without doubt will pick up the young player and player of the year awards.

If we play like we did today for the rest of the season we don't deserve the league.

Why also whenever there's a utd thread do we have to have "I fooking hate utd!" posted? Get over it m8, whoever you support including Chelsea we're a better side than you and we entertain more than you thats why we bring in so much revenue year in year out.
Old 21-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by alb
Why also whenever there's a utd thread do we have to have "I fooking hate utd!" posted? Get over it m8, whoever you support including Chelsea we're a better side than you and we entertain more than you thats why we bring in so much revenue year in year out.
Here we go, the pity the reds drain
Old 21-04-2007, 08:10 PM
monkey nutz

Originally Posted by alb
Why do some fan's want Chelsea (apart from Chelsea fan's) to win the league? They play boring, unattractive football and most of their games this season have been won in the last 10 minutes.
I was thinking the same thing the other night when we played West ham

You WILL win the league, you have been the BETTER SIDE this season, and you'll no doubt win the treble.

So stop bloody moaning!
Old 21-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by alb
if you want me to explain why i typed " i fookin hate united ", you cant know to much about united v liverpool rivalry, 2 reasons are the close proximity of the 2 clubs, and the fact that liverpool are the most successfull club in british football history, and united are the second. we always have hated each other, and always will, every united fan hates liverpool, every liverpool fan hates united, its nothing personal, ive got a couple of very good mates who support united, both good lads, both good mates, but they look at me like i support the scum of the earth, and i look at them the same way, but like i said, its no beef, nothing personal, just a rivalry between the supporters of the 2 best teams in british football history. as for why id rather chelsea won the league, the reasons ive just stated above, dont get it twisted, i dont like chelsea very much either, but the dislike of chelsea is only a recent thing for obvious reasons, but id rather anybody won the league than united, even everton . and the reason you bring in so much revenue each year compared to us, your ground is nearly twice the size, so you make nearly twice as much from gate reciepts each game.
Old 21-04-2007, 10:28 PM
purple_fiesta
No longer a ford owner ..

Good game Boro should have won, it was a clear penalty
Old 21-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by alb
if you want me to explain why i typed " i fookin hate united ", you cant know to much about united v liverpool rivalry, 2 reasons are the close proximity of the 2 clubs, and the fact that liverpool are the most successfull club in british football history, and united are the second. we always have hated each other, and always will, every united fan hates liverpool, every liverpool fan hates united, its nothing personal, ive got a couple of very good mates who support united, both good lads, both good mates, but they look at me like i support the scum of the earth, and i look at them the same way, but like i said, its no beef, nothing personal, just a rivalry between the supporters ofwitthe 2 best teams in british football history. as for why id rather chelsea won the league, the reasons ive just stated above, dont get it twisted, i dont like chelsea very much either, but the dislike of chelsea is only a recent thing for obvious reasons, but id rather anybody won the league than united, even everton . and the reason you bring in so much revenue each year compared to us, your ground is nearly twice the size, so you make nearly twice as much from gate reciepts each game.
What he said!

manu getting blatant penalty decisions going there way AGAIN! they'll win the league again with ref's favouring them
Old 22-04-2007, 12:00 AM
rst deany

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coopsrst
Bastards.I knew if we did fuck it up, it would be against Middlesborough.Wasnt confident before the game.

We played shite today.Didnt step up a gear and look what happened.

See what happens tomorrow though.

Im hoping for a draw

come on boro
Old 22-04-2007, 08:58 AM
alb

Originally Posted by Hardeep_Singh
Originally Posted by alb
if you want me to explain why i typed " i fookin hate united ", you cant know to much about united v liverpool rivalry, 2 reasons are the close proximity of the 2 clubs, and the fact that liverpool are the most successfull club in british football history, and united are the second. we always have hated each other, and always will, every united fan hates liverpool, every liverpool fan hates united, its nothing personal, ive got a couple of very good mates who support united, both good lads, both good mates, but they look at me like i support the scum of the earth, and i look at them the same way, but like i said, its no beef, nothing personal, just a rivalry between the supporters ofwitthe 2 best teams in british football history. as for why id rather chelsea won the league, the reasons ive just stated above, dont get it twisted, i dont like chelsea very much either, but the dislike of chelsea is only a recent thing for obvious reasons, but id rather anybody won the league than united, even everton . and the reason you bring in so much revenue each year compared to us, your ground is nearly twice the size, so you make nearly twice as much from gate reciepts each game.
What he said!

manu getting blatant penalty decisions going there way AGAIN! they'll win the league again with ref's favouring them
PMSL!. Ole's goal is actually not illegal, its unsportsman like and ungentlemanly but if anyone remembers Nigel Clough nicking the ball from the keeper and scoring its actually a legal move. Even Woodgate admitted the last pen we got was actually a pen, 3 penalties, from 3 different ref's against the same said and everyone views it as decisions going our way rather than boro's defenders being incompetent.
Scholes was booked for nothing, why isn't that a point already brought up.

As for rivalry between Utd Liverpool, there's never been a rivalry in the premiership purely because Liverpool have never even come close. Chelsea and Arse are more rivals these days, we spanked Liverpool twice this season just showing competitively they're not even close to utd anymore.
Only in Europe are they doing well, but lets face who have they really faced so far? If we've beaten them home and away this season what makes anyone think if it was a utd v liverpool final they'd stand a chance ?
Liverpool could somehow fluke winning the CL, but they are far from being the best team in Europe, they're a distant 3rd/4th in England.
Liverpool fans must be proud - battling for a distant third, out of the running a long time ago. OUt of the FA cup and Carling cup. Yet they still bleat about "Europe" lol well done domestically your awful and out of 4 competitions your doing well in one. For me to consider Liverpool as rivals you'd have to sit where Chelsea are now, or arse a few years ago. We have a bigger stadium because we can fill it, because we attract more fan's.

Wow history! History won't win you the premiership, the CL or anything else. Oh and can i ask what Liverpool fan's think of divers now ? They can't criticize the likes of Ronaldo or Drogba with such a diving cheat like Gerrard at the helm.....
Old 22-04-2007, 09:26 AM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well said mate
Old 22-04-2007, 10:12 AM
MikeeB
Part of the Furniture

Ole's goal was illegal because the rules state that from a goal kick the handling and kicking of the ball is classed one motion, i.e throwing the ball up then kicking it, the rules also state that no player can interfere with the handling of the ball from a goal kick

So as he nicked the ball before the keepers foot touched the ball he was interfereing with the handling of the ball.

Althoagh i dont like united I would like them to wrap up the league before the end of the season because im a hammer and we are at old trafford for the last game of the season, we need a point out of that game in my eyes so the pressure would be off them.

From what i have seen boro deserved the point in my opinion
Old 22-04-2007, 10:26 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by alb
Originally Posted by alb
What he said!

PMSL!. Ole's goal is actually not illegal, its unsportsman like and ungentlemanly but if anyone remembers Nigel Clough nicking the ball from the keeper and scoring its actually a legal move. Even Woodgate admitted the last pen we got was actually a pen, 3 penalties, from 3 different ref's against the same said and everyone views it as decisions going our way rather than boro's defenders being incompetent.

As for rivalry between Utd Liverpool, there's never been a rivalry in the premiership purely because Liverpool have never even come close. Chelsea and Arse are more rivals these days, we spanked Liverpool twice this season just showing competitively they're not even close to utd anymore.
Only in Europe are they doing well, but lets face who have they really faced so far? If we've beaten them home and away this season what makes anyone think if it was a utd v liverpool final they'd stand a chance ?
Liverpool could somehow fluke winning the CL, but they are far from being the best team in Europe, they're a distant 3rd/4th in England.
Liverpool fans must be proud - battling for a distant third, out of the running a long time ago. OUt of the FA cup and Carling cup. Yet they still bleat about "Europe" lol well done domestically your awful and out of 4 competitions your doing well in one. For me to consider Liverpool as rivals you'd have to sit where Chelsea are now, or arse a few years ago. We have a bigger stadium because we can fill it, because we attract more fan's.

Wow history! History won't win you the premiership, the CL or anything else. Oh and can i ask what Liverpool fan's think of divers now ? They can't criticize the likes of Ronaldo or Drogba with such a diving cheat like Gerrard at the helm.....
another stupid comment from a manc fan...... anymore????

Old 22-04-2007, 10:45 AM
alb

Why is it a stupid comment? How many years has it been now since Liverpool have been competitive domestically in the league ? In fact Arse, Chelsea, Blackburn and Newcastle can all claim to be more of a recent rival to utd than the 'pool.
3rd/4th this season
3rd last season
5th the season before.
This hatred from the scouse is only coming because utd are continually closing in on Liverpool's history whereas Liverpool aren't adding to theirs very much.
I don't particularly care what people think of us, i don't make a point of posting how much i hate so and so all the time, the level of bitterness and jealousy from Liverpool fan's says it all really.

Those "Football fan's" compliment the way utd play, as its obvious even to the most die hard fan that utd deserve the league this year. Those idiots with blinkers can only say "I hate them".
Old 22-04-2007, 12:08 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

if you want me to explain why i typed " i fookin hate united ", you cant know to much about united v liverpool rivalry, 2 reasons are the close proximity of the 2 clubs, and the fact that liverpool are the most successfull club in british football history, and united are the second.

Typical Liverpool fan making his side of it look good, typical Fiddy.

So aside from location you're saying its created because United fans are jelous of Liverpool winning more leagues and european cups? It works both ways mate and if you say that then you must say Liverpool are jealous of Man United too for how much bigger the club is and what they have thoughout.

I mean we are talking about 6 more trophies in total from those yet United have more FA cups and that after all is the oldest cup in the world. Its just a timeline really. For example since the league changed you've never won it.

It terms of sucess you are like Real Madrid and we are more like Barcelona, just its a smaller gap than those 2. (9-2) Yet United still are still bigger, bigger stadium, bigger players, more famous, bigger earnings the list goes on. Like Carragher said we need to compete with United. He wasn't just talking about on the pitch either.

I've got nothing against you Fiddy but don't talk so much shite, it seems all you have to talk about is those 3 extra cups. I mean seriously apart from winning the odd cup competitions here and there like in the houlier days, Liverpool have done nothing really since the premier started. Arsenal have won it so have United so why haven't you? Even Chelski and Blackburn have and they have not history in English football. While we were winning the 'Treble' you were doing the small pissy treble. We are the only club to do it so as i say we do have some success.

In fact if you count just premier leagues and not as "top flight" then it makes you look embarrassing as it looks like this:

Manchester United 8
Liverpool 0

All that said if BOTH of these fixtures happend then i will want Liverpool to win.

Liverpool v Chelski
Liverpool v AC Milan.
Old 22-04-2007, 12:11 PM
RA052824
BANNED
BANNED

Fuck boro, West Ham will stop you from winning the title!

Old 22-04-2007, 02:43 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Newcastle!!

Finally a team that doesn't cave in to their long balls in ET. If United win against Everton, Man City and West ham then it doesn't matter, back out of their hands again.
Old 22-04-2007, 03:47 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by alb
Why is it a stupid comment? How many years has it been now since Liverpool have been competitive domestically in the league ? In fact Arse, Chelsea, Blackburn and Newcastle can all claim to be more of a recent rival to utd than the 'pool.
3rd/4th this season
3rd last season
5th the season before.
This hatred from the scouse is only coming because utd are continually closing in on Liverpool's history whereas Liverpool aren't adding to theirs very much.
I don't particularly care what people think of us, i don't make a point of posting how much i hate so and so all the time, the level of bitterness and jealousy from Liverpool fan's says it all really.

Those "Football fan's" compliment the way utd play, as its obvious even to the most die hard fan that utd deserve the league this year. Those idiots with blinkers can only say "I hate them".

read the bit i hightlighted in the previous comment
Old 22-04-2007, 04:23 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

well done Newcastle!!
Old 22-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by skeg

if you want me to explain why i typed " i fookin hate united ", you cant know to much about united v liverpool rivalry, 2 reasons are the close proximity of the 2 clubs, and the fact that liverpool are the most successfull club in british football history, and united are the second.

Typical Liverpool fan making his side of it look good, typical Fiddy.

So aside from location you're saying its created because United fans are jelous of Liverpool winning more leagues and european cups? It works both ways mate and if you say that then you must say Liverpool are jealous of Man United too for how much bigger the club is and what they have thoughout.

I mean we are talking about 6 more trophies in total from those yet United have more FA cups and that after all is the oldest cup in the world. Its just a timeline really. For example since the league changed you've never won it.

It terms of sucess you are like Real Madrid and we are more like Barcelona, just its a smaller gap than those 2. (9-2) Yet United still are still bigger, bigger stadium, bigger players, more famous, bigger earnings the list goes on. Like Carragher said we need to compete with United. He wasn't just talking about on the pitch either.

I've got nothing against you Fiddy but don't talk so much shite, it seems all you have to talk about is those 3 extra cups. I mean seriously apart from winning the odd cup competitions here and there like in the houlier days, Liverpool have done nothing really since the premier started. Arsenal have won it so have United so why haven't you? Even Chelski and Blackburn have and they have not history in English football. While we were winning the 'Treble' you were doing the small pissy treble. We are the only club to do it so as i say we do have some success.

In fact if you count just premier leagues and not as "top flight" then it makes you look embarrassing as it looks like this:

Manchester United 8
Liverpool 0

All that said if BOTH of these fixtures happend then i will want Liverpool to win.

Liverpool v Chelski
Liverpool v AC Milan.
here we go again, every REAL man utd fan will agree with what i said, in no way am i trying to ' make my side look good ', and i am not jealous or envious of united in the slightest, everything i posted is the truth, you must be one of these part time united fans who doesnt know the history between the 2 sides. and if you want to start throwing all this where have you been since the premier league started garbage around, regardless, league titles are league titles, we have 18, you have 15, end of story. and where have you been for the last 2 years while chelsea have been romping to the premiership ? you have been sat in the background with your mouths shut like everyone else, but you have one good season, and all of a sudden its the old ' where the best ' shite from the united fans, oh, and ronaldo has one good season, and all of a sudden he's the best. united fans are acting like the have won the premiership already, i dont know if you realise, you have to go to chelsea yet, where you will lose, and you have just lost your best centre back for the next 2 weeks at the most important part of the season, your captain is still missing, and are in the middle of an injury crisis, all of that and you have the champions league semi's against milan and everton and man city away in those 2 weeks, without your 2 best defenders. so my advice would be to focus on that, rather than go back and forth about the ' liverpool v united ' thing on here, we got a cl semi against chelsea on wednesday, and thats what i intend to focus on, rather than explaining to united fans why i hate united, which i shouldnt have to do, you should already know.
Old 22-04-2007, 05:23 PM
arkley

fiddy mate you're making it sound like you're focusing on the match like you're fooking playing or something
Old 22-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by arkley
fiddy mate you're making it sound like you're focusing on the match like you're fooking playing or something

im taking a different approach this time fella, i nearly had a heart attack the last liverpool v chelsea cl semi in 05, so this time, im prepared and im focused
Old 22-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by alb
Originally Posted by alb
What he said!

Come back and post in 12 months time and things will be different! If ManU are going to have their oldies still playing and the dodgy VDS still in goal.... they won't win anything!

Football and hatred between fans has been going on long before the premiership started, but thats all the Mancs can remember is from the premiership onwards, anyone would think the way the mancs go on that football only started in 1991/1992.... prior to that they won sweet FA with regards to the winning the league for 26 years. How long did it take SAF to win the league for the first time.... IIRC when he couldn't for years, Manc fans were calling for his sacking.

Benitez inherited a lot of dross from Houllier and had to replace players on a very limited budget. No spending between 18m and 30m on one player alone like Ferdinand, Rooney, Carrick and van Nistlerooy. FFS the whole of Liverpool's first team didn't cost as much as the 1st 3 above-mentioned names prices added together

If you want to compare.... then do it fairly!
Old 22-04-2007, 07:16 PM
alb

I totally undertstand the rivalry between utd and Liverpool but for me to hate 'pool fans i would have to hate the majority of my friends, who being brought up in the 1980's saw all the success with Rush, Alrdridge, Barnes etc but following my heritage i supported utd pre Ferguson days, before we won anything except the FA Cup (Whiteside!).

I supported utd with players like Remi Moses, Mike Duxbry and bloody Ron Atkinson in the dug-out. Since those 80's Liverpool haven't really done anything, not really been "top-flight". Ok so they qualify for the CL, although while they were Champions of Europe they were only the 5th best team in England let alone europe.
League "Titles" is one thing, Premierships being another, one measures how good you were the other how good you are.

As for us jumping on Liverpool fan's this started as a boro/utd thread till Liverpool goon's jumped on shouting "I fooking hate utd" blah blah blah, the same that jumped on the Roma thread saying utd fan's were to blame.
And "Having one good season...." Which team were closest to Chelsea come the end of last season? I'm sure there's a lot of teams in the premiership who could get a far as Liverpool in the Champions league if they gave up totally on the other 4 competitions. See Chelsea are in 4, Utd still in 3, Liverpool only in one so i'm not suprised Liverpool fans are "concerntrating" on the Chelsea game.

Nobody's really interested in Liverpool anymore, they're not competitive so they really don't bother me in the slightest....
I hope to god they knock Chelsea out of the CL, but if they do it will be pure luck, even Benitez knows Chelsea are the far beter side.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:18 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Did anyone read what Fiddy put in that post? I've told him before and he never learns, poor lad. Imagine if books were written like that, we'd be blind after the first chapter. Comic anyone?

Bet it was entertaining though.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:33 PM
alb

Why would you read anything written by someone with "G-Unit" tattoo'ed on their hand?.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by alb
And "Having one good season...." Which team were closest to Chelsea come the end of last season? I'm sure there's a lot of teams in the premiership who could get a far as Liverpool in the Champions league if they gave up totally on the other 4 competitions. See Chelsea are in 4, Utd still in 3, Liverpool only in one so i'm not suprised Liverpool fans are "concerntrating" on the Chelsea game.

Nobody's really interested in Liverpool anymore, they're not competitive so they really don't bother me in the slightest....
I hope to god they knock Chelsea out of the CL, but if they do it will be pure luck, even Benitez knows Chelsea are the far beter side.
1st - who cares who came closest to chelsea last season, 1st is 1st, 2nd is nowhere.

2nd - a lot of teams couldnt do what liverpool do if they gave up on the other 3 competitions, because all the other teams are only in those 3 competitions as the they dont finish in the top 4.

3rd - If no one is interested in liverpool anymore, why all the threads on here about liverpool this liverpool that, and if we lose a game, the laughing begins, why if no one is interested ?

4th - if we knock them out it will be noting to do with luck, we have played them 3 times this season, beat them twice and were very
unlucky to lose the 3rd. and i should hope they are a better side than liverpool, when you spend the best part of £200 million on you team, you should have a decent side compared to a team that cost a lot less than half that.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:48 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

1st - who cares who came closest to chelsea last season, 1st is 1st, 2nd is nowhere. And Liverpool have never had 1st since the EPL began back in 92-92

2nd - a lot of teams couldnt do what liverpool do if they gave up on the other 3 competitions, because all the other teams are only in those 3 competitions as the they dont finish in the top 4. Maybe but United proved they can win the treble it is humanly possible to do well in them all

3rd - If no one is interested in liverpool anymore, why all the threads on here about liverpool this liverpool that, and if we lose a game, the laughing begins, why if no one is interested ? On this forum? Debatable but United are more desireable and generate more interest overall saying otherwise is silly

4th - if we knock them out it will be noting to do with luck, we have played them 3 times this season, beat them twice and were very
unlucky to lose the 3rd. and i should hope they are a better side than liverpool, when you spend the best part of £200 million on you team, you should have a decent side compared to a team that cost a lot less than half that.

Chelski you mean? I hope you do beat them, i really do.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:51 PM
alb

Whats money got to do with it? Do you honestly think Bellamy, Crouch and Pennant are world class or were they big fish in a small pond?
How much in total was spent on them? Would this be the same Liverpool who are apparently after David Villa, who would cost them at least £70m to break his current contract, or maybe the same Liverpool who could be after Eto'o (£25m+)?

Its nothing to do with money, its about being shrewd and having an eye for talent. Beckham goes, how do we replace him? I know we'll pay £12m for someone who in 3 years will be rated £50+. RVN for example, take what we paid for him subtract what we sold him for and work out how much each of his goals cost us lol.
Apart from Kuyt, there's only one other player benitez has bought thats not 2nd rate, Mascherano and he was bought by someone else, and yet again the rules are bent for Liverpool.

Utd fan's aren't dragging liverpool into this, the Liverpool fans jumped on a boro/utd thread and shouted their mouths off.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:56 PM
alb

If when you say money you mean Chelsea i totally agree. There's nothing shrewd about buying the best players in the world, because as Real Madrid found out they may not gel together. As for Jose, i hear he's going to call crespo back, i could have told him never to loan him out.

i have yet to see a decent management move by Jose at Chelsea, who couldn't be successful with an endless supply of money. We all know if he doesn't win the CL this year he'll be out of a job, something thats been done by many a manager (including himself) without an endless supply of money.

Wenger and SAF have by far the best reputation for spotting talent and coaching them to become great players.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by alb
Whats money got to do with it?
oh my days, are you being serious ? in todays football its got everything to do with it. where were chelsea before abramovic ? and where are they now ? so as i said its got everything to do with money, chelsea were an average side before roman turned up, now there one of the best teams on the planet, so how did that happen if moneys got nothing to do with it. and as far as liverpool paying £75 million for villa, when our whole transfer budget for next season is rumoured to be £40 million, i hope valencia have got a buy now pay later offer on
Old 22-04-2007, 10:12 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by the youth
1-1 is my prediction no doubt ronaldo will dive to win man u a penalty...again

Steve
what do I win then????

wish I had stuck some money on the result now would have got good odds

steve
Old 22-04-2007, 11:03 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I always chuckle at the bitter little Liverpool fans like Fiddy and Redkop. Spoiling topics about Unitd at every opportunity. One minute its how much Van nistelrooy and Rio cost then its "we are getting this much from our new american owners"

United don't blow money every season. Blame Liverpool for how much they could afford, if they ran the club better they might have developed the club and stadium better. After all Liverpool were only founded what 14 years after United? United made a proffit this summer and last on transfers, how much did you spend after sales? Yet still United are top.

Schmeichel, Irwin, Solksjaer, Keane, Blomqvist, Berg, Sherringham, (schmeichel £550,000 the cheapest and Keane £3.7m the deerest both staying at the club for a long time)

Neville, Neville, Butt, Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Oshea, FREE

were all cheap or grew up with United and so free. Yet that is the most sucessfull squad in English football. EVER.

Cole, Yorke, Stam £29m total were the big signings and not all in the same years just as the cheap signings weren't, staggered across a decade
Old 22-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

when oh when will you learn, were not bitter, were not jealous, were not envious, i give, up, you win, your better, were shit, end of liverwho ?
Old 22-04-2007, 11:58 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats exactly what i mean. Why can't both be great and we acknowledge BOTHS sucess/club as many do? IE treble and 5 euros etc... You don't need to like to acknowledge their ahievements.

Instead of trying to blot the other out.

Quick Reply: Worried about 'Boro !