General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fox hunting...

Search this Thread

Old 19-09-2004, 12:15 PM
larks
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whos having turkey for xmas then? tradition i think is it not? thousands are breed each year just to be hung up electricuted have there throats cut just so people can enjoy this yearly feast!!!!!!!! prob alot of these people think hunting is cruel,untill you dont eat meat you are also causing death to animals so your views mean shit.. whos got a nice sunday roast on the go then just cause its nicely pack up down tescos when you buy it dont mean it got there after having a nice life walking round the open fields but you dont care cause its cheap hey! as for foxes been breed!!!!!! what aload of absoulute CRAP its called a pest for a reason why would they want more they are a problem allready. i dont go down the pub talking about the traffic problems in citys or homeless people or shit like that cause i know jack about the problems with city living cause i dont live there i live in the country so why dont people living there sort out there problems and we will sort out ours
Old 19-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i dont have traditions, i live my life how i feel

sorry but the fox hunting is fooking bollocks, dont affect but me yes i dont like the fooking stuoid excuses they make about jobs, ban fox hunting and work in mcdonalds, sported

breed fish as pets, infact if ya soo good at breeding animals help breed animals that are almost exsinct, theres a better job for ya

sorry but have you ever met these hunts man, most are fooking tossers who wouldnt spit on ya if ya was on fire

as said i have a fox problem here, my own dog bit into the neck of a fox when i let him off the lead, i never found the head ( mind i never looked as it was gross )

as for fishing well yeah its a bit pointless but they usually put em back in the water, sorry but do they put the foxes back

oh adn another sport i hate, golf all that fooking land empty that ya could use fopr housing people with familys instead they use it to wack a small ball round a field

there sports i hate

infact i hate football too as its toooooo over priced and then petrol i hate the price of petrol too

i just hate life
Old 19-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Simon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by b19bal
oh adn another sport i hate, golf all that fooking land empty that ya could use fopr housing people with familys instead they use it to wack a small ball round a field
Ah nows theres an idea close the golf courses down and build a nice big race track and the golfers fuck em off into the country and use them for fox hunting i can see it now "tally ho a fox in one" and the huntsmen employ them in cities for rounding up immigrants so there you have it everybodies happy the huntsman can hunt the golfers have something worthwhile to aim there little balls at the fox stands a better chance of living we get shut of some illegals and most importantly WE get local race tracks job done end of discussion fook me i should run for president

simon
Old 19-09-2004, 04:41 PM
3doorPete
PassionFord Regular

The real reason the countryside is up in arms is that the type of 'anti' who goes hunt sabateuring, is not going to stop at fox hunting. Next will be shooting, then fishing.

I shoot and IMO it is more humane than hunting with hounds, but in order to end any animals life, something catastrophic must happen to them. Define the length of time to die that humane becomes cruel??? Cat's kill quickly dogs kill by exshausting their prey. That's nature.

Problem is - townies never see nature, other than on telly, or squirrels and stuff. Nature is harsh - we are part of it. Hunting for sport, is fun, because we are hunter gatherers - genetically, hunting is competitive and a thrill. Stalking, hunting, shooting, fishing, etc.

Do people in towns think that chickens and pigs and cows commit suicide to get into the supermarket??

It's fine to be against something, but inflicting your will on others for something you don't understand is not on......

BTW FOR VEGETARIANS. The production of your food results in the death of far more animals than that of producing meat for humans... LOL

Anyone who thinks that not controlling pests or wildlife management, would end up with a 'happy balance' has no understanding of bio-diversity or nature, when it comes to man's effect on the land in order to produce crops for 60 million people and protect livestock.

As for deer - a deer has no natural predator anymore in the UK. You have to either cull, or introduce bears and wolves again - else deer will breed and breed until lack of food causes starvation (cruel), or disease cuts their numbers (again cruel) - and they wreck the land and kill off plant species due to overpopulation.....

People who are against this sort of thing are entitled to their view, but if they inflict it on others, they are ignorant and arrogant. The worst combination.
Old 19-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Do people in towns think that chickens and pigs and cows commit suicide to get into the supermarket??

no of course not, all chickens and cows in supermarkets come that shape, the was never living hence why we eat em

wonder if ya could pop in mcdonalds shooting the food and call it sport

now thats a cool idea

oh and fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, how can a guy who loves fast cars, the buzz of the turbo kicking in, the sounds the laughs and the enjoyment have another hobby thats siting at the side of a canal and fall asleep till a buzzer at the end of the rod tells ya to wake up and get the fish , i always wondered that

i got a good business idea, fishing video, 2 hours of looking at water and the buzzzzzzzzzzzz, and the fish fooks off the ya repeat it

night fishing is the only fishing i ever done when i was 14, never owena rod though
Old 19-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

so really bi9bal..your a bit of a lifeless freak What do you like?
Old 19-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

hey we all have our opinions

it is a complete different mood though aint it, sorry not trying to offend but understand

i keep fish ( ok buy em and 2 weeks later flush em ) but i cant sit down for a long time before id be throwing stones which scare the fish

oh and the stuff stinks if ya dont do it for a while, clay pidgeons i can see the fun though

dont take offence was what i dont understand
Old 19-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

oh and i do mountain biking, paint ball and watch diy programs, though i never finish what i start as i get bored
Old 19-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

oh right
Old 19-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

oi 60 sec makeover rocks
Old 19-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Guinnless
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by larks
whos having turkey for xmas then? tradition i think is it not?
No Turkey is not the traditional Xmas meal.

as for foxes been breed!!!!!! what aload of absoulute CRAP its called a pest for a reason why would they want more they are a problem allready.
Because in some areas there is a shortage and you can't have a fox hunt without a fox can ya??
Old 19-09-2004, 05:48 PM
3doorPete
PassionFord Regular

Personally - I find fishing incredibly boring. I clay pigeon shoot predominantly, but also shoot ducks, geese (for the sport and to eat), pigeons and rats with my shotguns. With my rifles I shoot grey squirrels, rabbits and other bird pest species.

I have a fish tanks and have had other pets also. I am able to make a clear distinction between pets, game (animals for food), and vermin.

Unfortunately, most people brought up in cities, see vermin to be like pets, and prefer not to think about the meat they eat, or become vegetarians as they are so sensitised to the deaths of any creatures, having never seen it.

I clay shoot with a vegetarian, who I respect as he would never kill an animal himself, but does not critisize others who do as it is their choice, and he understands nature/countryside.
Old 19-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

very good and honest words
Old 20-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Ian M
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

ohh and that chap who will continue to hunt who i replyd to. so ur just going to outright break the law are you.. tut tut!
yes i am bit like speeding is it not, against the law!
Old 20-09-2004, 09:26 PM
zoso11

Originally Posted by larks
whos having turkey for xmas then? tradition i think is it not? thousands are breed each year just to be hung up electricuted have there throats cut just so people can enjoy this yearly feast!!!!!!!! prob alot of these people think hunting is cruel,untill you dont eat meat you are also causing death to animals so your views mean shit.. whos got a nice sunday roast on the go then just cause its nicely pack up down tescos when you buy it dont mean it got there after having a nice life walking round the open fields but you dont care cause its cheap hey! as for foxes been breed!!!!!!
Im a vegie
Old 20-09-2004, 09:31 PM
zoso11

Originally Posted by 3doorPete

BTW FOR VEGETARIANS. The production of your food results in the death of far more animals than that of producing meat for humans... LOL
Ok youhave to explain that one for me!
Old 20-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Clay fox shooting should bring an end to this argument, cos those clay pigeons are fookers.

Fox hunting rocks. I've been to a few hunts. Fit posh birds in jodphurs do it for me everytime.
Old 20-09-2004, 09:33 PM
zoso11

Originally Posted by ian m
ohh and that chap who will continue to hunt who i replyd to. so ur just going to outright break the law are you.. tut tut!
yes i am bit like speeding is it not, against the law!
dosnt matter what you compare it too.. if you break the law you gotta accept your in the wrong..
Old 20-09-2004, 09:41 PM
zoso11

SOURCED >> http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/disp...entPK=10940392

Or just type it into google...

A night-time hunting trip ended in tragedy at the weekend when a 13-year-old Westcountry boy was shot dead, apparently mistaken for a fox.

The accident occurred during a late-night "lamping" session on land around Lower Cholwell Farm, near the village of Harberton, South Devon.

The schoolboy, who was hit by a single bullet, died later in hospital. He was among a party of at least three adults and three teenagers who went out hunting on Saturday night.

The victim, not yet named, was a friend of one of the landowner's sons and lived in the village, it is understood.

"It appeared the teenager was a member of a small party who were out with the intention of hunting foxes," a Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said.

The group was out "lamping" - using strong lights to transfix prey so that it can be killed.

It is understood that an adult member of the party fired the shot which hit the boy.

Police were called and efforts were made to revive the victim before the arrival of paramedics.

The youngster was flown by police helicopter to hospital in Exeter, where he later died.

John Hockings, Harberton Parish Council chairman, extended his "deepest sympathy" to the family, and anyone involved in the accident.

"This will send shockwaves through Harberton," he said. "You don't expect something like this to happen on your parish. It's tragic.

"The family which owns the farm is very nice. It will have a terrific impact on them."

But he said: "Hunting is an activity which some country people do, and you just have to accept that. There is always an element of risk involved where guns are concerned. But it's extremely sad."

But Gill Marshall-Andrews, chairman of the Gun Control Network, which aims to tighten gun laws, said she was "very concerned" to hear of "a terrible tragedy ensuing from the use of weapons".

Hugh Pollack, part-time clergyman at St Andrew's Church, Harberton, heard the police helicopter flying overhead as part of Saturday night's investigation.

Yesterday he extended his sympathies to the family of the dead boy, and pledged that the congregation would pray for them.

"It's a very warm, sensitive and caring community," he said. "It's shocking. People here will be deeply moved. I am sure they will do everything they can to rally round and support the families at this most difficult time."

Harberton resident John Culf said the news was "devastating" for the close-knit community. "This will have a huge impact," he said.

Roland Barkas, who lives in the village, said residents had scant details yesterday. "We are so amazed something like this can happen here," he said. "There are several boys of that age who live here. It's just awful.

"Harberton is extremely law-abiding. Everyone looks after everyone else."

Peter Whiteley, from Cornwall, was staying with his daughter, who lives in Harberton, at the time of the accident.

He said: "It's unbelievable. It's so very sad that a tragedy like this can happen anywhere, let alone here."

Police said the incident was being treated as an "unexpected death," and they were investigating the circumstances.

No one has been been arrested in connection with the incident.

Meanwhile, the occupants at Lower Cholwell Farm were not available for comment yesterday.

Police said the scene had been cordoned off and officers were interviewing members of the party and examining weapons that were being used at the time.

A post-mortem examination will be carried out by a Home Office pathologist this afternoon.
Old 20-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The big problem with governments, especially this one, is their obsession with telling folk how they should live their lives. Crash helmets, seatbelts, speed limits, curbs on modified cars - some would argue these are all attacks on our way of life and look how we would react to those. Then so many of you come over all PC and animal-lib on here about Basil Brush and his mates.

At a time when our troops are being shot at in Iraq and probably elsewhere, we have a health service falling apart, schools turning out barely educated neds, kids sleeping on the streets, real crimes (not speeding!) happening every day including the abuse and murder of children, is the protection of the fluffy little foxes really the thing we should expect our politicians to be sorting out?

I'm told that many ordinary country folk enjoy hunting, but the image we get in our mind at the mention of hunting is of all the twats in the shiny red suits and stuff.

Town folks seem to be the ones who say how bad hunting is - they don't have to put themselves in a position to see it or even hear about it if they don't want to.

Speaking personally, as neither a fox nor an owner of a fox, I say let them do whatever they want to the vermin.
Old 21-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Guinnless

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by The Knife
Town folks seem to be the ones who say how bad hunting is - they don't have to put themselves in a position to see it or even hear about it if they don't want to.
I've never witnessed a murder or child abuse. Are you suggesting I need to see these things to know they are bad?

However I know when I've witnessed stupidity.
Old 21-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, but killing a predatory animal doesn't rank high on my priorities, regardless of how it is done - I actually feel much the same about paedophiles and murderers. I don't want to see any of them actually being killed but I don't mind if they are.

As for the stupidity comment - I'm truly sorry that you forgot paragraph 2 by the time you reached 4!