General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fox hunting...

Search this Thread

Old 17-09-2004, 09:59 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saxo drivers are pests too, maybe they can chase them. Would look ace at the local cruise to have a band of gun-ho toffs charging in on horses and ratting out a Saxo, hell I might even stick on a pair of white tights and join in.
Old 17-09-2004, 10:05 AM
zoso11
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by MWF
Saxo drivers are pests too, maybe they can chase them. Would look ace at the local cruise to have a band of gun-ho toffs charging in on horses and ratting out a Saxo, hell I might even stick on a pair of white tights and join in.
nahh mate we should all put martini racing overalls on and stand out of the sunroof or anything begining with XR or RS throwing performance ford and classic ford magazines at them!
Old 17-09-2004, 10:21 AM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have a rather odd view of fox hunting

I cannot see how anyone can derive pleasure from chasing down a near defenceless animal and watching it pulled to pieces by a pack of dogs.
Thats just sick imo

But..........

1. I understand foxes are a pest and population needs to be controlled

2. A pack of dogs tearing apart it's prey is basic animal nature as it has been since the start of time.
Ok so in this instance we are orchestrating it but the same thing happens the world over.
A lion pounces on a gazelle in africa, are we up in arms about this? No because it's nature nothing more.
I see nothing sick or immoral in the act of a pack of animals tearing apart however deriving pleasure from that act is sick imo but who am I to judge the actions of others.

To sum up, I do not agree with Fox hunting but neither do I feel it should be banned.

Live and let live imo (or not in the case of the fox)

To those who say its should be banned and foxes should be shot instead I personally cannot see much difference between being ripped apart by a pack of animals and having my flesh pierced by hundreds of red hot lead balls.

Both painful ways to die imo, but thats life.
Old 17-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Malc50
Regular Contributor

Hi All....

After reading all the above here is my 2 pence worth....

Its a fact of modern living thats pest have/need to be controlled ( I don't nes agree with this but it is the majorityof peoples perception)
So if country/city folk just got on controling them I don't think there would be much of a fuss. I know a guy who does this at the local glof course with a snipers rifle at 3 am. BUT to make a sporting festival of it, what do you expect and as for the agruement about putting down hundreds of hounds when fox hunting is banned just shows the type who people who do fox hunting for what they really are.....I'll stop myself there

Thks Malc
Old 17-09-2004, 10:33 AM
James_RScos
Advanced PassionFord User

Ban it dont like it
Old 17-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't think the problem is with the hunting in itself. I beleive the problem lies with the fact that people get all dressed up and charge through the countryside on horseback with a pack of dogs. These people are doing it for fun, pure & simple. If they were genuinely trying to keep control on fox numbers there are far more humain ways than allowing a pack of dogs to rip the fox to shreds. It is barbaric and the huntspeople tend to have no thought or respect for any of the other countryside users. I have encountered a hunt when mountainbiking and Rachel has encountered them whilst horse riding and they really do just charge straight through regardless of who or what may be in the way.

I'm thoroughly behind a ban on the hunting. However steps need to be taken to protect farmers livestock.

The dogs may well all have to be put down if they cannot be re-homed as pets. If they can't be re-homed due to there temprement though do you not think this should raise eyebrows as to the whole hunt thing?

That's just my tupence worth as a country bumpkin
Old 17-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So fox hunting is alright is it??

you get people on horses with a pack of hounds with out number the fox 100-1 And you call it sport? yeah righto I was watching sky news yesterday (i know i know, lol) and they had some Fox hunting toffy dickhead on there yesterday saying about his lively hood will end (think he owned few dogs/horses etc etc) Get over it you idiot! If i got sacked what u do?.....get another job..i know hounds will be an issue but as said in the posts above isn't a dog a mans best friend?

James little racer - What bollox are you speaking? If i was a farmer and had a pest problem you put up measures to prevent the pests coming back again! You don't just decide to chase the pests...........and most of the time they get away.......so what kind of pest control is that? fuckin useless excuse for a sick sport i say...
Old 17-09-2004, 11:36 AM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont like fox hunting. end of.

regarding the hype etc etc I think this country has more to worry about than a bunch of nutters chasing a poxy fox!

Illegal Immigrants, terrorism and the erradication of crackcocaine should be on the top of our countrys priority list.

Instead we put all our time and effort into making a big thing out of fox hunting.

Another reason why i fucking hate england
Old 17-09-2004, 11:47 AM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Less
So in the same way killing pidgeons by stoning them to death hey there only pidgeons.Yes it would help keep the population down.

But there are far more modern effective ways to do it.

Its has feck all to with telling people in the country how to run their lives
you forgot to spell some words wrong there less
Old 17-09-2004, 11:53 AM
lucyf
PassionFord Regular

The cruel bas*ards moan the dogs will have to be shot if it gets banned, funny there so bothered about that cus when the dogs get too old to hunt anyway they put a bullet in there heads!!!. One thing i would love to do to those di*ckheads give them a choice if they had to die!
1.you can have an injection, or posion to kill you.

2. i'll get a pack of american pitt bulls give you two minuites to run off, then let the dogs run free and rip ya to pieces!

Wonder which option they'd go for, i feel very strongley about this subject.
Old 17-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Smit
So fox hunting is alright is it??
My fault, I should have worded my rant better. No I do not think it is ok. I was trying to get across that if a farmers livestock is put at risk by pests appropriate action should be taken. This action shouldn't then be made a sport of.
Old 17-09-2004, 01:18 PM
zoso11

Originally Posted by gurnE
I have a rather odd view of fox hunting

I cannot see how anyone can derive pleasure from chasing down a near defenceless animal and watching it pulled to pieces by a pack of dogs.
Thats just sick imo

But..........

1. I understand foxes are a pest and population needs to be controlled

2. A pack of dogs tearing apart it's prey is basic animal nature as it has been since the start of time.
Ok so in this instance we are orchestrating it but the same thing happens the world over.
A lion pounces on a gazelle in africa, are we up in arms about this? No because it's nature nothing more.
I see nothing sick or immoral in the act of a pack of animals tearing apart however deriving pleasure from that act is sick imo but who am I to judge the actions of others.

To sum up, I do not agree with Fox hunting but neither do I feel it should be banned.

Live and let live imo (or not in the case of the fox)

To those who say its should be banned and foxes should be shot instead I personally cannot see much difference between being ripped apart by a pack of animals and having my flesh pierced by hundreds of red hot lead balls.

Both painful ways to die imo, but thats life.
to answer one of the points raised, dogs lost there natural instinct to hunt years and years ago due to domesicisation, it only gets re-initiated when trained by us "the human" so therefore not natural at all..

not avin a go mate just sayin!
Old 17-09-2004, 02:38 PM
TemptRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

personally i think it should be banned, and it's sick. chasing, scaring and killing foxes just for a laugh. It's torture.

very animal is put here for a reason, it's nature.

People that fox hunt need their heads looking at.

But thats just my opinion and everyones entitled to an opinion
Old 17-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
jamieslittleracer, dont chat bollocks. we used to cut peoples heads and arms of for stealing. should we start doing that again
Erm yes Or do you think a slap on the wrist and a fine is cool....or maybe a stint in the gymnasium, pool, sauna, games room that they call prison???
FFS TOO MANY DO GOODERS

KEEP HUNTING its a way of life for some people and has been for many years....who are we to tell them they cant do it?
Old 17-09-2004, 03:45 PM
lancia delta 6 times WRC
PassionFord Regular

The beauty of living in a democracy ehh for once things go the right way
When will the pro-hunting crowd realise there in the minority................
Old 17-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Jon ERST S2
PassionFord Post Troll

on a lighter note does everyone remember Ali G (Borat) when the fox hunting protesters are protesting taking the piss out of both sides

Borat - Every Englishman must have a hobby. Some like to collect the stamp. Some like to make the jam. But the most fun is to kill a little animal with a shotgun or rip him up with a wild dog. This is why I come to the countryside to find out about English hobbies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Borat is with an elderly hunter)

Borat - Hello. You are here on a hunt?

Hunter - Yes, yes I am indeed.

Borat - And you are... Why do you not have a horse?

Hunter - Can't afford one to be quite honest.

Borat - Why not?

Hunter - I'm retired now.

Borat - You are a retard?

Hunter - Yes I am... www.webgeordie.co.uk/borat

Borat - Like a mongoloid?

Borat - So you hunt a lot?

Hunter - I hunt a lot? Yes.

Borat - You are a real man!

Hunter - Yes, yes I am.

Borat - We say, "A man who does not hunt", in Kazakhstan, "Is like a man with no..." How do you say?

(Borat gesture to his groin)

Hunter - You say, "You've no bollocks", I think.

Borat - Bollocks?

Hunter - I shouldn't say that.

Borat - You have big bollocks?

Hunter - Yes, probably.

Borat - You have big bollocks?

Hunter - I shouldn't think so. Not now.

Borat - Can I touch them?

Hunter - No.

Borat - Why?

Hunter - It's private.

(Borat is talking to two protestors; one a short middle aged woman; the other a teenage girl)

Borat - Why do you like to hunt the fox?

Protestor 1 - I do not hunt the fox! I think people that hunt the fox are the scum of the earth.

(Borat shows the lady his bear hunting badge on his jacket lapel)

Borat - In Kazikstan...

Protestor 1 - You kill bears!

Borat - Yes. Kill them.

Protestor 1 - He kills bears!

Protestor 2 - You kill bears! That's evil

Borat - No. In Kazakhstan we shoot animal. We do not hunt the fox.

Protestor 2 - Well you shouldn't be talking to us because we love animals.

Borat - We love animal too.

Protestor 1 - So why do you shoot them?

Borat - For fun.

Protestor 1 - You evil bastard! Piss off!

(Borat walks away but then returns)

Borat - I do not kill fox.

Protestor 1 - But you kill bears.

Borat - There is no more bears in Kazakhstan.

Protestor 1 - Because you've killed them all!

Borat is talking to an elderly hunter on a horse)

Borat - It is great... We love in Kazakhstan to kill animals. For a hunt is so much fun.

Hunter - It is much fun. It is much fun.

Borat - It is a great fun when you kill an animal.

Hunter - It is. It is. It is.

Borat - It make you feel like a real man.

Hunter - It does. It makes you feel big.
Old 17-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Ian M
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

cant be bothered to read all this sentimental crap from townies i have a couple of lurchers which i take out to catch hares and rabbits and the odd fox which is causing poblems with live stock. i have done this for over 30 years and i can assure you i will continue to do so for as long as i am physically able to. i will not be dictated to by politicians who have been taking huge sums of money from anti hunt groups for years. i dont go to traditional fox hunts but i support thier right to hunt if they wish to do so. i will also say dont think shooting is a preferable alternative because i have seen foxes with smashed limbs etc having been shot with high power rifles and then managing to run off to die in some cases a long time afterwards. quote from john prescott { its not hunting that bothers me its those bastards in red coats } pure predjudice is what its truly about and nothing more.
Old 17-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Too many changes like these being made taking away english tradition which is what is making this country into the shithole it is

Fooking doo gooders ought to be shot with the foxes
Old 17-09-2004, 06:21 PM
lancia delta 6 times WRC
PassionFord Regular

Just because its tradition doesnt make it correct, what ruins this country is people that are resistant to change and that have there head firmly lodged up there arse.

Move with the times or get left behind
Old 17-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

People have changed.....thats why its getting worse by the minute
Old 17-09-2004, 06:36 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nature IMHO, if they stop it will fox no.s shoot through the roof ?
Old 17-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveEscos
Originally Posted by Less
So in the same way killing pidgeons by stoning them to death hey there only pidgeons.Yes it would help keep the population down.

But there are far more modern effective ways to do it.

Its has feck all to with telling people in the country how to run their lives
you forgot to spell some words wrong there less
Dave maybe its because this is something I despise and took time to type my reply
Old 17-09-2004, 07:10 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Oh dear, poor fox hunters on tele crying about a couple of split lips and bruises
they got from the police.

Perhaps they should try having their fooking arms and legs ripped off by a
pack of dogs and then they would have something to cry about.
Gert posh evil b'stards
Old 17-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

next they will be banning Fishing
Old 17-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Guinnless

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by smidsy
nature IMHO, if they stop it will fox no.s shoot through the roof ?
I doubt it as the hunters will stop breeding the foxes.
Old 17-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Chipperx2
Advanced PassionFord User

Av been drinkin allday Freshers week
Neway heer my thoughts , I don't know much on the subject but the fact taht these people (protesters) have the gut to come out and start protesting about there right to rip an animal to death is fuckin stupid and barbaric ! They feel there been hard done by for some reason. The truth is where were theese right wing fookers when there government (thatcher) was making thousands of miners and steelworkers redundant and making famillys stave becuase of her fuked up policys. Whnere were these rich hunting bastards when people were so poor they couldn't evan afford to support there kids to go to school? ( proberly at home smoking a fine cuban laughiung at the riots tjhat were going on) So I say fuck tehm ban the hunt and make them get real obs for once in there lives! Tory bastards

rant ova
Old 17-09-2004, 07:59 PM
zoso11

Originally Posted by ian m
cant be bothered to read all this sentimental crap from townies i have a couple of lurchers which i take out to catch hares and rabbits and the odd fox which is causing poblems with live stock. i have done this for over 30 years and i can assure you i will continue to do so for as long as i am physically able to. i will not be dictated to by politicians who have been taking huge sums of money from anti hunt groups for years. i dont go to traditional fox hunts but i support thier right to hunt if they wish to do so. i will also say dont think shooting is a preferable alternative because i have seen foxes with smashed limbs etc having been shot with high power rifles and then managing to run off to die in some cases a long time afterwards. quote from john prescott { its not hunting that bothers me its those bastards in red coats } pure predjudice is what its truly about and nothing more.
what so im a towny am i? no.. and i dont everyone else who has posted is.. and in answer to the gun thing. If your a a good shot you shouldnt miss a fatal blow.. so smashed limbs etc.. just shows unproffesionalism if you ask me!
Old 17-09-2004, 08:04 PM
zoso11

Originally Posted by lancia delta 6 times WRC
Just because its tradition doesnt make it correct, what ruins this country is people that are resistant to change and that have there head firmly lodged up there arse.

exactly.. so that chap said stick to tradition.. well tradition was at one time death and blind ppl where considered mentaly disable and where sectioned for life, another tradition such as which burning.. ohh look IMA RACING is a witch.. lets burn him.. but dont anyone question tradition.. ohh no!

Sorry ima.. 1st name i thought of on here..

ohh and that chap who will continue to hunt who i replyd to. so ur just going to outright break the law are you.. tut tut!
Old 17-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by zoso11

exactly.. so that chap said stick to tradition.. well tradition was at one time death and blind ppl where considered mentaly disable and where sectioned for life, another tradition such as which burning.. ohh look IMA RACING is a witch.. lets burn him.. but dont anyone question tradition.. ohh no!

ohh and that chap who will continue to hunt who i replyd to. so ur just going to outright break the law are you.. tut tut!
I think you need to look up the word ''tradition'' in the dictionary Thrts usually what do gooders do though....twist stuff to suit

Anyway......about this fishing ban
Old 18-09-2004, 08:36 AM
lancia delta 6 times WRC
PassionFord Regular

I think you need to look up the word ''tradition'' in the dictionary Thrts usually what do gooders do though....twist stuff to suit

And the hunters bring up fishing Why because it affects lots of ordinary folks not just the people who are living in the past who dont realise its unacceptable.
The fact is in a democracy the minority loose.
Old 18-09-2004, 09:35 AM
soulweavers
PassionFord Regular

I have lived in the countryside for more years than I care to remember, I have no problems with fox hunting, shooting, fishing or any other type of sport. Now there is a bigger issue here, once fox hunting is banned where will the animal rights people focus their attention ?, I have gone fly fishing with friends and come back to find 6 cars vandalised by " animal rights ", Ł3,000.00p worth of damage to our cars. So are we the fishermen the next target and this sport to be banned as well ?, will the animal rights target the people who shoot for sport ?. There is or was such a thing called freedom of choice. As more town folk move to the country the countryside changes and an old way of life slowly dies.
Old 18-09-2004, 09:58 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

fishing will be next sadly
Old 18-09-2004, 10:57 AM
zoso11

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Originally Posted by zoso11

do gooder.. fuck off mate.. ok il narrow it down. who are we to take another beings life!
Old 18-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

You a vegan then? Zoso?

Gareth true they will be onto fishing next. As said above the animal rights protesters already do damge cars etc at fishing matches. Wankers with nowt better to do than shove there noses into other people buisness
Old 18-09-2004, 04:31 PM
zoso11

Sorry lee i was a lil out of order before.. So i apologise if my last post was a lil George Bush style. I can respect not every1 will agree with me. But my view on life is that there isnt a direct need to take anothers life. Be it human or animal, and thats in basic form before you even look at morality of hunting. End of the day as much as it would hurt me i couldnt disagree with a farmer taking a gun to a fox.

But to hunt for fun to me is just outright wrong, there is no need to take another beings life for the pleasure and pastime of our own. As fo rthe ppl trashng cars etc.. Theres ways and means of arguing a point. And violence and vandalism isnt one of them!
Old 18-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

No worries mate...you get hotted about things you beleive in...like my self

The reason i dont think it should be banned is just the fact its another controlling element of the way we live. Who gives poeple the right to tell us we can/cant hunt. Hunting has always been a way of life since time began....be it for food or fun. My point is as things like this are changing, the country is getting worse.....and its the do gooders. Not just here tho same everywhere.

example Australia. Do gooding tosser got their own way in stopping ''back burning''(this is when bush is burnt around trouble areas BEFORE summer fires start....so obviously round towns etc there is nothing or little to burn which helped firefighters control fires). It was stopped because poeple said the firefighters were killing wildlife in the process. Since it has been banned more and more people have lost their homes and lives through wild bush fires out of control. All because of the ''greenies'' TOSSERS imo
Old 19-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Jod'sRS2K
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

i support huntin and field sports, but i dont hav a problem wiv a ban.
but then again i dont work in the industry so wont really lose out but hav friends that will.

i hav been on both sides of the fence so i can see everyones point of veiw, but at the end of the day, i dont push my opinions on to anyone who doesnt want to kno, i hav lost alot of friends through this argument and i have decided that if i listen to sumones veiw then they listen to mine, then no more sed.

there are people out there that dont like it, or they do,
but then there are people out there that are just plain sick.

like the Anti hunt protesters that sumhow saw sence in spearing horses and throwin paint over the hounds so that they couldnt hunt!
and they are supposed to love animals! and the animals rights protester that stole my friends spanial, fell over droppin the dog, brakin his legs, then runnin of leaving him!!

at the end of the day, the government wont stop hunting, but i really respect peoples passion on supportin wat they believe in, u could say the if animals hav rights, then dogs hav the right to hunt........

but then u could say..... us humans hav generally screwed things up and it makes u wonder wat the world would b like if nsture was left to run its course!
Old 19-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Simon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Lee i'll answer your question referance fishing

YES they should ban it its mind numbingly boring

simon
Old 19-09-2004, 12:13 PM
zoso11

Originally Posted by Simon
Lee i'll answer your question referance fishing

YES they should ban it its mind numbingly boring

simon