General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fox hunting...

Search this Thread

Old 16-09-2004, 05:00 PM
jamieslittleracer
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoo
Originally Posted by jamieslittleracer
Originally Posted by Stoo
You kill it for sport,you eat it.
do u eat flies and ants?
Do i use horses and packs of dogs to rip them apart and give them a truly horrible death 'if' i wanted to kill fly's or ants?No.
its only one dog that will kill teh fox, and the horses are a means of transport, as is your car. they are bitten on the neck to be killed by the dogs, and they dont just go out on hunts souly to kill teh fox there so much more to it that that. i dont see how getting your fly squat out and squishing it into the table is any more humaine, you dont do it cos its going to hurt you, we dont have malaria or cholera or such infectious diseases in this country so really theres no justification for killing those animals either, but im sure you have no qualms about doing so. and no hunting does not glorify the killing of an animal, the killing of a fox is a almost a separeate issue to the whole event itself, and whether a fox is killed or not a priority. if they dont catch a fox maybe thats cos there isnt an abundance in that area and therefore not a threat to the other farm animals?
Old 16-09-2004, 05:02 PM
jamieslittleracer

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
Chappatty, na mate. dont even own one Was a hollow threat to show my feelings on the subject

jamieslittleracer, insect killing is exempt from the law

o and I just thought, drowning kittens is illegal under the animal rights act . you would probably get fined and banned from owning animals if you were proven doing that.
why? cos theyre smaller? they dont count? thats sizist!!!

there are just as many holes in the animals rights argument as the pro hunting...
Old 16-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Was not on about kid killing them but if the city people starting killing rats with with dogs and using mopeds to chase wouldnt that be the same as fox hunting.

The nations reply would be the same babarbaric
Old 16-09-2004, 05:03 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

this might upset a few i live in the countryside and hutin goes on all around me
ive seen wot a fox can do i dont think it should be banned
if 20-30 ppl want to spend the day chassin 1 fox and maybe not even get it wots the problem if they chase and kill 1 fox they have probly just saved 50 other animals
Old 16-09-2004, 05:05 PM
jamieslittleracer

Originally Posted by Less
Was not on about kid killing them but if the city people starting killing rats with with dogs and using mopeds to chase wouldnt that be the same as fox hunting.

The nations reply would be the same babarbaric
people do kill rats... with traps and poison but nobody says something, and the rat isnt exactly going to feel nothing as the poison eats out his insides or when the metal trap catches him as he innocently tries to eat a piece of cheese put there to lure him? and often the trap doesnt get them at the neck and then they are jsut trapped and still alive but in pain? i dont see rat right campaigners stoming round?
Old 16-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i think its completely wrong and in humain, in the paper yesterday was the story about the dog being kicked to death by 3 youths, i guess cause they thought it was fun just as fox hunters think its fun to kill foxes. Because it was a domestic animal people feel sickened by this, so obviously people that dont hunt find it sickening the thought of a bunch of horse ridding toffs with a pack of dogs chasing a fox. And i dont understand the argument about it being pest controll when the average number of foxes killed by your pack being a pathetic 7 and a half. There are more humain ways to keep foxes from attacking chickens like fences
Old 16-09-2004, 05:18 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Some people have such a very blinkered veiw. As what appears to be a few have said, they do not always catch the Fox, it is a way of life and a tradtion. The damage Fox's cause is incredible. How many of the people that are claiming it is sick have actually seen it in the flesh................... probably not many, most of you probably make a judgement based on what you belelive happens and Anit Hunt people tell you.

Heres an intersting story, Years ago Green Peace were going on about Seal Hunting in greenland, an activity that provides for a vast percentage of the poulation, they were banding pictures around showing Seals mutulated, hte natives never treat the Seals like this so after some investigation it was found that the pictures were staged,

Problem being this had a very very negative effect on the Greenlandic economy,

Some people can get trapped in an anti upper class thing, see past it and get on with your lifes, i date a Farmers daughter and her family are very down to earth geniune people, that allow Shoots to go on there ground who can confirm for a FACT that every bird dies straight away from a gun shot.............................................. .................................................. .............................Thats right you have probably realised that you can not confirm this fact because it is not always the case, so by this example does it make shooting them in humane because they die a slow painful death?...............based on alot of people opinions it would be fair to say it is in humane would it not, but you are all quick to say shoot them, think about it first, whilst i except as a person that shoots myself very occansionally that is stands a better chance it is not and never will be gaurenteed to kill first time every time.

Rural people lead there lifes a certain way like wise for want of a better term "Townies" lead there lives a certain way lets understand that there has and always will be differences

Mike
Old 16-09-2004, 05:28 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

next you'll be crying about not being able to shoot and kill kids that damage crops on your fields "thats a city law, they shouldnt tell us what to do, lets just shoot the bastards"
Old 16-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Monte_Baz
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Just thought I'd coment on this subjuct and say how the fook do we know how the countryside works apart from the few poeple who live there and I wouldn't think many come on here most of us are city dweller's and aren't in any position to coment. from my own observations rats pidgeons foxes are all vermen FACT.
Old 16-09-2004, 05:32 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

next you'll be crying about not being able to shoot and kill kids that damage crops on your fields "thats a city law, they shouldnt tell us what to do, lets just shoot the bastards"
Lesson to ones self,

First remove head from arse before speaking,

I thought we were trying to have a sensible conversation and debate,

Baz , i know i liked you when i met you mate
Old 16-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If it was one man/woman with a shotgun and 1 dog who went out to kill a fox that was being a pest.I doubt id find it quite so barbaric,if even at all....

I just dont see it as a sport,because lets be honest here 99% of these pricks that dress up like a ponce see it as,dare i suggest it...'fun'
Old 16-09-2004, 05:42 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well I'm sorry to have ruined your debate. If you want a serious polical debate become a politician you knob jockey. I can say what the fuck I want as its a car forum, not the house of Parliament. If you cant take a joke then

and in any case, that statement does have relevence if you think about what I am actually stating. cant be arsed to explain what I mean though if you cant understand it
Old 16-09-2004, 05:43 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i think the word you are looking for mate is Game, it is Game Hunting because if the Pest (Fox) can get away it lives if not it

Mike
Old 16-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jock
i think the word you are looking for mate is Game, it is Game Hunting because if the Pest (Fox) can get away it lives if not it
Game!?!Not much of a game!Considering one party certainly doesnt want to play!
Old 16-09-2004, 05:45 PM
PF Ben

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The statement about the hounds having nowhere to go is bullshite, Bassett's aren't kept solely as hunting dogs, they're social affable dogs who are perfectly happy being kept as home / farm pets as they are hunting. Also, there's no way a bite around the neck from a single one of these dogs would kill the fox instantly, my whole family are dog breeders and I've seen lots of dog bites and been on the receiving end of a few also.. and I would rather be bitten by the average hunting hound than stung by a wasp.
Also, I think it's easy to lose sight of the context jamies little racer - this isn't a fly, or an ant we're talking about it's a warm blooded mammal and yes, its life IS more precious than an insect! I believe any animal NOT on the human food chain (that leaves very little) may need to be culled HUMANELY if REALLY causing a problem to society if it's left unchecked, but the huntsmen and women are not the right option.
And bringing up the animal testing card is a load of bollocks. I get really upset when I think about it and used to want to get it banned when I was younger. I hate to think of the animals and the life they go through... but I hated it more when my mum got cancer twice and when testing on an animal might help someone stay alive then even though I hate the idea of it, I admit it has to be done.
The seals issue is sick IMO, I think it's the most horrific culling that happens on this planet. Don't even start on that one!
Ben
Old 16-09-2004, 05:48 PM
zoso11
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

zoso11, no it doesnt mate, which is what i have said in my reply

yeah, fuck their jobs.

If they ban it and people still do it maybe i'll just have to go down there, 12 bore the fuckers up
sorry mate sum1 sed sumfin daft but looks like the post was deleted and my rpely ended up under yours.. disregard!
Old 16-09-2004, 05:49 PM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

the only down side i can see to this ban is alot of ppl will loose there jobs, as alot of ppl are employed to look after the dogs, horses etc but syin that the farmers can just shoot the foxes isnt as streught forward, as it takes a skilled shooter to be able to hit a movin target and kill it without cousin it pain. but then again if ppl wonna go hunting then they'll just have to learn to be top marksmen.

everyone has a right to protest as we live in a free country but startin riots and fighting the police is unacceptable. altho i woulndt be supprised that the scenes we saw on the news where probs the only scences of violence that went on and the media have played up on it.

altho very shockin to see ppl gettin into the house of commens it was funny to watch that bloke with the sward chasin after em.......lol
Old 16-09-2004, 05:49 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

zoso11, ahh but just look at what you have started !!
Old 16-09-2004, 05:50 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry Ben i have alot of respect for you mate, but some people provide for their families in VERY harsh enviroments from Seal hunting, again if any body here can tell me the process that the locals go through to kill seals in the winter then i will shout them more then a few beers as that is very sick indeed.

On a side note i do not personnaly beleive in being cruel to any animal food chain or not

Mike
Old 16-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its nature imho
Old 16-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

I grew up surrounded by conyrtside we had foxes there.Okay wasnt the most posperorus area yet we did not have any hunts near me,

How come the fox problem is always so rife in the better off areas of countryside,where the hunts are
Old 16-09-2004, 06:02 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

How come the fox problem is always so rife in the better off areas of countryside,where the hunts are

do you think posh people go out on the hunts? i can tell you most are working class
Old 16-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Did not say they wheer all well off its just seems the hunts are in more well off areas.
Old 16-09-2004, 06:10 PM
smokey

Originally Posted by jamieslittleracer
the foxes are killed outright by the hounds, .
But prior to that they are absolutley shitting themselves at the expense of those enjoying themselves on horseback....
Old 16-09-2004, 06:12 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

If you went to Spain and said ban Bull Fighting, they would tell you to get lost as they have been doing it for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Its part of their herratige and culture just as much fox hunting is ours.

It came from a need to keep the fox population down. Just developed from here.

But there are far more effective and barbaric methods. How about setting fire to dens then shooting them when they come out. Or Steel Traps? Snares?

I would rather them hunt, at least the fox has a chance of getting away.
Old 16-09-2004, 06:44 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

MadMac, Yours is the only point I agree with on the pro hunting side. The fear that farmers will turn to even worse methods..
Old 16-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Keith B

Jamies little racer and Mike - what utter bollox.

Its inexcusable to have a 'sport' or event where animals are ripping each other to shreds. Tradition is what holds back progress of man kind. SOme traditions are worth preserving as they display noble qualities of humanity this doesnt. Fox cause untold damage? Oh please. If you want to control their numbers use a rifle - slow painful death from bullet or being ripped apart.........Hmmmmm!!
Comments about killing spiders or rats or 'one dog only' killing the fox just show how little you know or just how niave you are.

I'd like a blat down the bypass towing some of these hunters behind the RS - see how they like being ripped apart
Old 16-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Keith B

Some interesting views here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3662478.stm

Love the bit where the guy whos from the countryside alliance in one sentence says its the only way the fox can either GET AWAY or be killed very quickly then in the next sentence talks about needing to keep their numbers down.....and if it gets away?!
These people need to realise that life isnt fair - get new jobs and let go of the past. And all that putting blood on faces - OMG, Get a time machine and go back to the middle ages! Either that or go to fookin Afghanistan or Iraq and get bloody for a good cause. Faggots.
Old 16-09-2004, 11:16 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Playing the Devils advocate again......

Why has Fox hunting been made a spectacul when it must be fair to admit that there are far more important issues going on in todays world, that the effort spent on this issue would have been far better of spent on something more worthy,

I also feel the gouverment have played this for political reasons and not for the true humane reason,

Like i say Devils advocate i do not condone anything being mutallated

Mike
Old 17-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Someone on here said 1000's of dogs would have to be killed as there would be no use for them, the same person said their pack catches 7 and a half foxes a season, you need to change job mate, thats poor

Hows about me and a few mates hop on some pesky moped's tooled up and with a few guard dog's and chase these hunters through the street's, same script innit
Old 17-09-2004, 12:52 AM
GraphiteGray

We kill many Foxes on the road each year, and we destroy their habitats by building new houses on the countryside ( especially in kent ) so whats wrong with the odd one getting killed by weirdo's on horseback?

Not that i care im more worried about Car Tax and Petrol prices going up
Old 17-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fox hunting is fucked up IMO and fookin gay.

IF they a pest, shoot em or whatever, not let em get ripped apart by fookin dogs.

Bollocks to peoples fucking jobs, if theres a job and its just fucking WRONG you dont keep doing it just to stop some twats having to go sign on the Jolly G and go look for another job!

Its a lifestyle, its a fucking way of life, etc etc, what a load of bollocks, it was the Nazis way of life or lifestyle to go round killing anyone whos not white, or is jewish, or whatever, dont make it fucking right does it...
Old 17-09-2004, 01:24 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

If fox hunting is ok then This must be ok too

Bollocks it is
Old 17-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Guinnless

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IHow come the fox problem is always so rife in the better off areas of countryside,where the hunts are
That's because the hunters breed them if there isn't enough.
Old 17-09-2004, 09:08 AM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what are the hoo-ray henrys going to do now
Old 17-09-2004, 09:20 AM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Hows about me and a few mates hop on some pesky moped's tooled up and with a few guard dog's and chase these hunters through the street's, same script innit
We have urban foxes round here too, probably do just as much damage, dont see many of them horsey things running up the high street at night, tooting there horns and jumping through peoples gardens do we ?

Im against it - not strongly enough to protest anywhere but just in principal.
Much prefer to go beaver hunting
Old 17-09-2004, 09:36 AM
zoso11

Yes but i dont chase wasps mice with dogs while riding on a horse do I

Now illegal immgrant hunting maybe we use the dogs to that in France stop the fuckers cominh here
Old 17-09-2004, 09:42 AM
zoso11

Originally Posted by NUTS RuS
We have urban foxes round here too, probably do just as much damage, dont see many of them horsey things running up the high street at night, tooting there horns and jumping through peoples gardens do we ?

Im against it - not strongly enough to protest anywhere but just in principal.
Much prefer to go beaver hunting
Iz rite mate.. theres plenty of foxes wondering round newton-le-willows and no upper class toffey nosed bastard wonders round on a horse round here!
Old 17-09-2004, 09:45 AM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

With regards to killing foxes, they are a pest and will give thro anything if they fancy whats inside, and they do not kill jusy one, they will kill the lot, then take one. I can speak from personnel experience ! It aint nice finding it !!....
My sister is a keen rider, and she does go hunting You Alex D got the nail right on the head, and are correct, Foxes are pests and will slaughter all chickens and take one, not kill one, plus as my sis says, the dogs only get the old slow foxes anyway

P.S I am not for it, I can see both sides, but although my family has horses, I still hate tha fookaz and think they stink
Old 17-09-2004, 09:58 AM
zoso11

Well looks like a good turnout, have read some very good (and bad) points, Ok my turn for bitch as had to go out after work last nite so didnt get the chance to get back on. Ive been vegeterian for a year now. But i have never agreed with fox hunting, whale harpooning, seal culling or anything!

See the point the Pro Fox hunters raise is that its to control a pest! Right ok well lets look at it this way then.

You cant call pest control a sport for one, other wise rentokill would be racing up and down the country putting rat traps down and running round like the 118 guys. Pest control legally is carried out by qualified companies so that eliminates that option. And if it was a simple case of pest control, why doesnt the farmer take a shot gun out, 1 man, 1 dog, 1 gun and 1 fox. Although i still wouldnt agree i would see this as alot less barbaric. Surely pest control dosnt justify the whole horns, daft outfit etc..

So where left with sport, well where are the sporting rewards, are there points or a championship or something along those lines. Is the sport officialy goverened? Are there rules to this sport? Surely if the fox gets away thats quits, 1-0 to the fox, but no its dug out!

The bottom line is no matter which way you look at it its cruel, yes people will loose jobs etc ppl who breed the hounds etc, but without sounding like a twat they really should of considered something else to fall back on as a carear as anyone else would. No-one who has ever supported fox hunting has ever tried to justify the cruelty and pain subjected to the fox. Never.. its completelty avoided by tales of tradition and jobs. Any form of hunting is cruel in my view, who are we to take another creature of this earths life. And one thing i will say is if the fox likes to eat a few chickens, then who are we to interupt the natural way of life for that animal to protect mans greed through sheer profit of livestock!

Someone else mentioned standing on ants and driving into flies etc, well im sorry but i do more than my fare share, i dont eat meat, im against animal cruelty, i dont stand on snails, or kill spiders even tho im shit scared of them and where ever possible try to avoid me taking another beings life. Laugh at me if you will, bt thats me, "The PF Hippy" but me and alot of other ppl do more than alot of others!

Anyways il let someone else have a say now!

Quick Reply: Fox hunting...