General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is this safe to use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Is this safe to use?

After waiting 4 weeks for Grove Garage to get back to me and despite numerous messages left i've given up all hope of getting my car set up there. Everytime I ring they say either Marks out or on the other phone and he never rings back.

I've only ever heard good things about them and when I took it down initially they really seemed to know their stuff but their customer service is shocking.

Anyway, until I can get down to Engine Advantages do you think my car is safe to use giving it an occassional bit of stick but not holding it flat out for more than a few seconds. Its apparently running a stage 1 chip but still using a standard actuator so the boost spikes at about 16 - 18 psi then quickly drops back to about 12. Obviously its not going to make more than standard power but is this dangerous in itself? Probably a really basic question but i'm new to turbos.

Cheers.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Jimboxr4x4

Anyone?

Is it likely to be overfuelling if the chip is a stage 1 and the actuator is cutting the boost to near standard levels?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doesnt suprise me on grove,they were the same when i used them. i stopped due to thier pricing!

im fussy on who works on my car now anyway.i,ll only let someone who i know has a good rep work on it.
as for probs on the chip i wouldnt know 100 per cent but if its not set up i wouldnt myself.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you are in any doubt about how it is running or set up .. then do not push it ..
Old 06-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mines down at Grove at the minute, Mark is stupidly busy at the moment so dont take it personally. I suggest you either try ringing first thing in the morning or after 4pm as he's out mapping alot of the time. There back in Tuesday i think.

As for EA its your car your choice is all i am saying. Theres plenty of other places you can take it, might mean a bit of traveling. A mate from back home drove his from Cheshire to London to get it Mapped at Grove and never regretted it.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Jimboxr4x4

I'm sure Grove are great and Mark seemed to really know his stuff but its a 2 hour round trip for me to go round again just to speak in person. After leaving numerous messages I've just lost interest.

I really just want to know if i'm likely to be causing damage by running a stage 1 chip with a standard actuator. I'm not going to be driving hard but its a nice weekend and want to drive it a bit.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Nash
Mines down at Grove at the minute, Mark is stupidly busy at the moment so dont take it personally. I suggest you either try ringing first thing in the morning or after 4pm as he's out mapping alot of the time. There back in Tuesday i think.

As for EA its your car your choice is all i am saying. Theres plenty of other places you can take it, might mean a bit of traveling. A mate from back home drove his from Cheshire to London to get it Mapped at Grove and never regretted it.
top quote.

just as a clue jim i live in colchester,essex and i used to go down to grove.ok now i dont due to his prices,but i travel to harvey in peterborough.thats a fair 2 hour drive min for me.why dont i stay in essex

Trending Topics

Old 06-04-2007, 09:19 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drove a 530 mile round trip to grove..........
Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Jimboxr4x4

I didn't want this to sound like a slagging off thread because it isn't. I am sure Grove are great but unfortunately for whatever reason they will not return my phone calls. So, however great they are they aren't much use to me as I need to get my car set up.

Does anyone know the answer to the acutator question?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats wrong with ur actuator.........seems fine........as for standard boost,that was 7-10psi from factory...........u can do stage 1 on a standard actuator,but if u think its fooked......buy another one.....might aswell get a garret -31..........
Old 06-04-2007, 09:41 AM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If in doubt mate,dont push it,simple as really buddy.

Yes it might be a nice weekend but it wont be if you fook ya car up.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Jimboxr4x4

Cheers guys. I'm gonna get it booked in somewhere else asap.