General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I need legal advice re: the engine going in the Leon....

Search this Thread

Old 30-03-2007, 10:34 PM
JayKay
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you seem to be getting it sorted mate, hope you get all the crap with it sorted soon

With regards to all the ppl slating him; we all make mistakes, and tbh its the best way to learn...isnt it?

I agree with what ppl say about running a cheap shitter though. I paid £1700 for my Vec SRi which, in the grand scheme of things is not a lot of money for a car at all. But its in very good nick well serviced etc, and paid for with my own cash.

BUT, because its immaculate and has been well serviced I want to keep it that way and tbh it doesnt really get used that often. OK, ppl might think im mad because at the end of the day its an 8 yr old Vectra, but I like it.

At the end of the day though, it doesnt get used all that much which is why I am considering selling it...a cars there to be used IMO and ive never been one for "buftying" so that car doesnt seem to suit me...

Ive just recently picked up an M reg Mondeo 1.8 TD from auction Tax & MoT til June, good tyres all round, decent exhaust etc drives great for £70! (pics in the gallery section somewhere) and I love it; OK I did a quick bodge repair on the cracked bumper etc and the colour match isnt perfect, but I can rag the crap out of it and no worry really...

I bought that car to replace a £600 MK2 Mondeo 1.8 TD and I ragged that until it died...thing is, when things started going wrong with it (i.e when oil started mixing with the diesel, the car started "dieseling" (revving itself without throttling it and still running when turning the ignition off so you have to ram it say into 4th nd stall it)) etc, I just kept running it as tbh, for the price I could afford for it to go bang, bin it, get something else etc

Edit: https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=260480 pics of the £70 Mondeo, itll go through another MoT as well (if it needs any work itll be minimal) so will probably serve me well into next year

Hit the auctions m8, ull be surprised what you can get for your cash
Old 31-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DogSmoke
Originally Posted by Lambchop
Originally Posted by DogSmoke
Originally Posted by RC4
its obvious they are going to take a pop with the things you do pal

think about it.........

and say it to your face? its up to your good self if you want to be in debt so much... but why for heavens sake moan about it
you only have yourself to blame
If I wanted to be in debt, I wouldn't have cleared my cards would I?
I'd guess you didnt clear them with fresh air so you must still be in debt?
I paid them off mate. Hard graft and all that.
If that's the case then fair play mate. Cant beat the feeling of paying off cards/debt
Old 31-03-2007, 12:15 PM
BigMouthBillyBass
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by JayKay
Hit the auctions m8, ull be surprised what you can get for your cash
Last time we were there, an old C Reg Fiesta went through, powder blue colour, full MOT and tax, bodywork was mint....sold for £25
Old 31-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I'm glad it's getting all sorted now mate. Ignore all the people having a go mate as they have never made mistakes.